Fuck you Gunn

Fuck you Gunn.

What, what happened?

Fuck off autist.

>caring about canon is autistic

Storytelling is always more important than canon

>Fuck you Gunn.
Look, I want a slutty Gamora as much as anybody, but I think it is pretty clear that Disney would never allow it. A man like Starlord sleeping around was always more acceptable to conservatives than a woman doing the same. So if she was going to have to have a different personality from the comics, the easy way is to make her the love interest.

GamoraxStar Lord

Hate Conservatives so much. Why do people still listen to anything those hypocrites have to say?

>GamoraxStar Lord
Nobody is shocked by this after how the first movie went, right?

If true, it's an astonishing lapse from Gunn who pretty much did everything else pretty well. Ok, except Gamora in general I guess.
Maybe she was too boring and he needed her to have more than nothing going on so he did the Jean Grey thing and hooked her up with the main character. I don't know.
It's just a dumb decission amidst a ton of good ones so far.

>If true, it's an astonishing lapse from Gunn who pretty much did everything else pretty well. Ok, except Gamora in general I guess.
I seriously doubt that Gunn had much say in this.

There was basically no way for any of the Marvel females to be allowed to be sexually promiscuous in the MCU. This despite the hypocrisy that Starlord was a horndog in the first film. The world is just not ready for it.

The MCU needs to stop with these shit romances, I swear it's like they're going out of their way to do the most boring/annoying/nonsensical romances in the movies.

14 movies later and Cap and Peggy is still the only one that worked.

Can someone redpill me on the drama? I thought it was obvious the human and alien will end up as romantic. The plots were so predictable in the first movie that i lose interest in second one.

At first I thought it was an obvious fakeout because Gamora getting with Quill is so predictable. I took it as a "haha we're actually making fun of this cliche romance, it's not gonna happen".

Guess I gave Gunn too much credit on this. Fuck, I'm actually a MCU fan and I respect Gunn for having a clear vision of these characters, but I just don't like it at all. The first movie was so obnoxious to me and from what I read of the second one, they're dialing the wackiness up to eleven. I was hoping the sequel would be a bit more mature and the characters would grow up a bit. I know a lot of people are glad Gunn is doing Vol 3, but I would've liked a director with a different vision to take the helm.

It's not hypocritical. It's normal and good for a man to have many sex partners, but for a woman to do so is irresponsible and will lead to ruin. A key that opens many locks is a good key, a lock that is opened by many keys is a bad lock.

if you have a key that opens too many locks you're going to jail, faggot.

>t. mad green boy
B L E A C H E D
L
E
A
C
H
E
D

It's not canon in this universe

It's not about her not being a slut, it's more about them not being able to think of something else for her so they make her the love interest.

Gunn is pretty shit at writing female characters so I don't know why you expected anything better for Gamora.

Personally I think he's shit at writing characters in general but that's another problem.

Not if you're a locksmith.

>ITT: NOT MUH

Yeah I don't think he did. The guy had a large comic book collection which he had to sell to move out and make movies.

So he definitely knew who these characters are or were.

This is Disney mandating things be a certain way to sell more shit to a younger audience.

humans aren't tools to be 'opened' you deranged sociopath

>The guy had a large comic book collection which he had to sell to move out and make movies.
Kevin Smith too apparently.

Gunn completely reinvented the characters to make them more interesting and entertaining. I don't understand how there are still people that don't see it and REEEEE at the changes.

Plus Star-Lord and Gamora have good enough chemistry and interaction. I don't mind this pairing at all. It's probably the third best MCU romance.

>storytelling
>Marvel movie

nice meme

>It's not about her not being a slut, it's more about them not being able to think of something else for her so they make her the love interest.
It had been the case for decades that females in film are only allowed to be interesting if they are villains.

Even Black Widow only got away with what she is by being only partly-good.

If we have a heroic female who thinks casual sex is fine, then it would really only be allowed in R rated films like Deadpool. In anything PG, it would have been interpreted as "corrupting the youths".

You don't have to like it. I certainly don't. But this is how it is.