Phantom Thread

How did Daniel Day-Lewis time this so perfectly?
He returned in one of the weakest years for film ever to collect yet another Oscar.

Absolute mad man.

>old white man being given an award in the current climate
The game has changed since Lincoln

This, they aren’t giving him what he deserves.

You look like a fool, don't you OP?

Nobody else is in the running. Who should even get it?

Just like Trump waiting for libs to get complacent enough with Obama's wins to put up a haggard old bitch in the general election

I thought he was eating her ass

Excuse him, gentlemen.

maybe he does

I'm more excited for this than Last Jedi, in fact DDL retiring with his last performance (even if it's not that great) is still more interesting than Disney-produced market-tested movies

>He returned in one of the weakest years for film ever to collect yet another Oscar.
Have you not heard? He's not getting shit.
Phantom Thread wasn't nominated nor DDL for the SAG awards. He's getting snubbed

Think hes retiring to have enough time to prepare for his role in the after life

Oscars are in MAY.
He will get nominated and Phantom Thread will get the most nominations lol.

>Oscars are in MAY.
How fucking retarded are you? They're at the start of March this year. And they can always be estimated by looking at the SAG awards, the DGA awards and PGA awards since those voters comprise the academy's voter base.

yes march you cuck

fuck off. Whos going to win Best Actor then??????????????? Name a name.

>being this buttblasted at being BTFO

>Whos going to win Best Actor then??????????????? Name a name.
Gary Oldman is currently the bookie's favourite to win. Gay kid from Call Me By Your Name is also a solid contender

>white men can‘t win an oscar
>Gary Oldman is the bookies favorite!!!

???

>white men can‘t win an oscar
What would possibly give you that idea?

DDL only has to beat Denzel Washington. Daniel Kaluuya is nominated for Golden Globes, but he's too young, and the Academy voters probably won't give it to someone so young.

DDL has a good chance.

read the thread. Sup Forumstards pretending that white people will never win an oscar again.

Get Out maybe? I don't remember if that was already in the oscars or not.

Again, he wasn't nominated for a SAG. I don't think, and correct me if I'm wrong, there has been a best actor Oscar winner who wasn't nominated for a SAG in over 20 years

The performance of the actor in Get Out wasn‘t particular impressing. The movie is good cause of the theme/story/plot whatever not because of him.

Makes sense that they throw a Best Picture Oscar at it but Best Actor would be a joke.

>these are the people you share a board with

Doesn't matter, he's a nog in overrated politics bait movie of the year so he should get it.

There is a weird "boycott" going on around with Phantom Thread.

City-based review societies (which are composed of journalists) have included Phantom Thread in their Best of 2017 lists, but industry/professional associations have generally skipped over it.

Did PTA piss off someone, or is Annapurna not doing a good job selling it to various Hollywood insider clubs?

Ryan Gosling is Brad Pitt - Episode 2. Never going to win an Oscar for his subpar performances hidden under his looks.

At a guess I'd say it's probably due to PTA not promoting it that much. He's quite a reserved guy and I don't think he particularly cares about the Oscars - especially since he's internationally renowned as one of the greatest living directors. Also, he made two films with Joaquin Phoenix so I'd guess they were friends, and Phoenix is very explicit in his "fuck the oscars" attitude. It would be easy to see that PTA may have been influenced by his line of reasoning.

And as we know, getting nom'd and winning the big awards is all about selling yourself out to the big wigs by showing up to all their shit parties and personally telling them why your film is so great and what an achievement it was. I imagine he's really over that. And DDL is definitely over that.

honestly PTA is mad about the 2007 Oscars. TWBB should have won and everyone knows this.

Well, PTA got HARVEY'd. Paramount couldn't possibly compete with all out Oscar PR assault by both Harvey Weinstein and Scott Rudin.

Scott Rudin also produced TWBB, but he wasn't the top credit, so he pushed No Country at expense of TWBB.

This makes it worse because the academy should be attempting to make up for that by giving him an oscar now (like they've done so many times before). But I guess if he refuses to play the game...