>His episode ends with Jack teaching him the true way of the samurai
>Never actually became a badass , just became a boring bartender
THIS IS BULLSHIT

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/8dqEyIoMdyI
youtu.be/OobUV9q0aDA
youtube.com/watch?v=lZgoS7rz3jI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>didn't become Da Samoorai Car Salesman to make the easy pun about slashing prices

Jack just kicked his ass, he didn't teach him any actual skills at all. Also
>being mad that your headcanon didn't come true

Jack taught him a lesson in humility and he took over taking care of the bar of the guy he embarrassed.

It's not the most glamorous ending, but it's nice in a subtle way.

>Jack just kicked his ass
Jack teached him being a samurai wasn't about being a showoff, him taking the bullet for jack was the start of his path, look here at 17:25
>youtu.be/8dqEyIoMdyI
>You have taken your first path in the way of the samurai.

It's really fucking implied da samurai was gonna become the real one sooner or later

It's been 50 years, maybe he was a badass during that time but then old age hit and he retired to bar tending.

For all we know he might have become a samurai then retired to run the bar.

He'll show up with the rest of the army to battle Aku, dusting off his katana.

He says he hung his sword inmediately after fighting jack

"Shortly," actually.

That just means his bbsamoorye was bigger than tiny yellow kunai

'the way of the samurai' you speak of only exists in your head. don't be mad that your misinterpreted the scene

I'm actually way more bothered by demongo showing up, aku fucking killed him

He found a happiness doing simple job. I think it's great lesson for viewers.

Jack's practically like the only living samurai at the time, so Da Samurai actually becoming one may have been a bit of a stretch
I don't mind all that much that he settled down into the bar where they first met
come to think of it, considering how much he initially bullied the previous owner I wonder how that eventually turned out

THIS BOTHERED ME MORE THAN ANYTHING IN THIS FUCKING SHITTY EPISODE more than the penis joke even
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Thought he was going to say MONK DUNK

but instead he said TURKEY CARVE

This too, how can a show forget itself so much!?

He became a samurai to show off and look like a bad ass. Once he realised how different this lifestyle is, he decided to change his life to the one he preffered.

Thanks for the lame excuse.
It's still shit writing though.

Let's be honest. If Jack hadn't knocked his ego down a peg, Da Samoorai would probably have stepped on the wrong toes and gotten himself killed.

>teached

Lmao

Before posting on a microwaved japanese noodle chinese made cooker you should for get "teached" real grammar

>Never actually became a badass , just became boring
Literally me

You're not in a cartoon that's been revived after 13 years, though. Nobody has such high expectations for you, user.

boo the fuck hoo

>drop
Still Toonami's top performing show and only four episodes left

The ratings had already dropped last time around.

As opposed to Toonami's other shows? Still has good ratings.

He literally says he gave up and started bartending after Jack humbled him and showed him the real way being a Samurai

Some can pull it off, others don't. Nigger-san's wake up call was to realize (sooner or later) he wasn't meant to follow the path of the samurai.

Judging by Scotsman's speech in episode 5 about how they were going to raise a bigger army, I think the characters we've seen today will be called for the final battle.

Dude, compared to a turd sandwich it'll also get good ratings. Modern cartoons are shit, doesn't mean SJ has to stoop to that level (as it sadly has)

Probably not but we'll see

It's been all but implied by those archers who said they'll be there if the samurai needs them.

Where did it got to that level for you? This last episode wasn't very good compared to the initial ones admittedly.

You mean the episode after the shitshow of R&M's "prank"?

Believe me, plenty of people were upset, and I mean, no offense to any AS fan, but they fucked up big time.

Also, the fact that the ratings dropped HARD even during that event show that AS really messed up.

Oi, dude, take it easy, the episode was pretty much a love letter to all the older seasons, it was more than ok.

Also, at least it finally made people understand that this is it, the end of the road for REAL to Jack's journey.

50 years have passed and these guys are still in the same bar moping/showing off they got beaten by Jack.

Losers.

>You mean the episode after the shitshow of R&M's "prank"?
No, I meant episode 5.

My mom did.

Did it really drop that hard, though?
Does anyone have the ratings for that episode compared to the episode before that?

How different would the episode have been if Ashi had told everyone she met that she was looking for Jack because she wanted to kill him?

RAPE

>Calls cartoon characters losers

I bet you are a real winner

>Ashi is at the rave
>boldly declares "Where is Samurai Jack?!?!"
>audience goes silent and turns to her as the spotlight looms over her head
>"what do you want with the samurai? Are you his friend"
>she yells "NO"
Then the enitre rave proceeds to kick her ass and she barely escapes.

It dropped slightly, but it's a sign of things to come. All the previous episodes were above 1.30, this one came in just below that for the first time. You can look it up on Wikipedia, user.

this

Oh yeah, there was a drop, but it wasn't that bad, though.
Still, thank goodness this is the last season, huh?

The ride is almost over, enjoy it while you can, because there might not be another chance like this one.

In other words, CHILL, NIGGA,
C H I L L

Oh, I'm enjoying it alright. Doesn't mean I can't criticize it on Sup Forums simultaneously. Multitasking, user.

Oh cry me a river. The nigger didn't care about working hard to become a real samurai or even caring to read bushido code. Its no ones fault that he became a bartender. He could do whatever he wanted to.

I want to give komasan headpats

It's still bad writing out-of-universe. An in-universe explanation doesn't negate that.

This would actually be cool,Jack wakes up before Ashi and is able to get away, and theres a period of Ashi searching for Jack alone with the intent to kill him instead of immediately having them paired together. She learns how much good the Samurai has done by visting these places and then, when she fights all the different characters from the original episode, she gets her perfectly shaped ass kicked. She learns the hard way that people taught by Jack for what could be at most a week are better people and better fighters than someone taught in the ways of Aku for their entire life.

Like when she sees all the statues and monuments dedicated to Jack it creates a parallel with the statue of Aku that loomed over her as a child.

>Following the in-universe rules to their natural conclusion is bad writing
In what freak dimension?

>almost everyone Ashi meets has been saved by Jack
>she's pissed off every single one by threatening to kill him and get told to fuck off
>slowly realizes that Jack is not evil after all and she has been lied to her whole life
This would have been much better pacing

That would have been a much better way to handle the show. Probably could have been done in the same amount of episodes as well. Well fuck, the fact that this didn't happen is going to bother me forever

kid this days

>ywn watch the grand master samoorhai join ashi's party to look for Jack
Potential wasted right there.

Your headcanon is a terrible writer. It makes perfect sense in and out of universe, you just imagined something that made no sense and are mad that it didn't happen.

This is a blue board, get that nudity off of here

It was so hilarious how this lazy nigger ended up as a bartender when everyone kept hyping him up to be badass hero after his encounter with Jack lmfao
Bravo Gennedy

Why aren't you a badass?
Why isn't everyone?

Why didn't you become a world champion boxers after watching Rocky?
An insane martial artist after watching some Bruce Lee movies?

Because life.

I wish I didn't relate to this

youtu.be/OobUV9q0aDA
>Some days, some nights
>Some live, some die
>In the way of the samurai
>Some fight, some bleed
>Sun up to sun down
>The sons of a battlecry

Based off many of the posts I read on here, a sizable portion of the people are like that.

I guess Jack made him realize that he didn't have what it takes to be a real Samurai.

Put me in the screencap.

>lazy nigger

Bravo Genndy

I mean they said in the episode that samurai jack killed his soul. He murdered his inner nigga and he became white and full of shame realizing that he was living a foolish childish dream who just wanted to be the center of attention.

The way of the samurai is being serious, humble, not boasting, or a total tool. All the things he was and when he realized he couldn't be those things and a samurai without being a big fat fraud he died inside.

If you really expected him to become a samurai with no fucking training, and one lesson from samurai jack you are pretty fucking stupid.

wtf is this guys problem?

There was no one to teach him the way of the samurai.
He could train alone all he wanted he would have never become a true samurai unless he had someone like Jack to help him out.
But yeah it made me really sad to know he was just a bartender ;_;

While it was a let down that Da Samoorai didn't actually become anything more than that, it make sense that the humility he learned from Jack made him put away his sword and lead a more humble lifestyle.

WE

Wanted to test the theory.

No he literally stopped being a fucking poser samurai. Why is this so hard to understand? He just fucking stopped, grew the fuck up and stopped acting like an show-offy asshole everywhere he went.

Does anyone have a better screenshot of this scene?

Reminder that Jack actually trained the Sa moo rai in the comics

He's a dick

yeah you fag download the ep and do it yourself

Ruining your own show just to spite some forum? More like bravo, Sup Forums.

Is there a download for those anywhere? I only caught one or two of the storytimes.

Here's a song for you user

youtube.com/watch?v=lZgoS7rz3jI

Yeah.

My headcanon is that he occasionally opens a can of whopass on anybody who tries to start shit in his bar.

rip nujabe

RIP Cuba Gooding Sr. ;_;7

I think it's more that he got so much humility beaten into him that he realized that he could settle for a simple life instead of trying to gain fame and glory.

I still think he's going to show up in the final battle and kick some ass though.

The archers would have wrecked her shit, the end

This works too. It seems like it's frequented by some pretty tough dudes, somebody has to break up crazy robot alien bar fights in case they happen

Naw, she quite easily dodged their arrows when one was aimed right for her

She dodged the arrow from 3 guys, not from their entire tribe

>More more skin tight Ashi suit.

There's nothing boring about being a bartender. It's actually a risky job, especially when dealing with unruly customers. Since he lives in Aku's world, dude can get away with killing in self defense, battery and assault on a unruly patron without worried about being sued. He could even sleep with hot alien chicks.

The chances that he is going to be part of Scotman's army is 100% tho.

>He tells a robot 'YALL AINT GOT NO SOUL"
>Demongo IMMEDIATELY arrives saying he is there to claim souls.
>When everyone just stares at him, he thinks DA SAMOORAI was being literal and simply leaves.

Where were you when DA SAMOORAI saved an entire bar full of people from the wrath of Demongo?