Is Kylo Ren redeemable? (serious discussion)

Memes aside. How does this end for Ben Skywalker? Lets say he rejects the dark side or something. People just up and forgive him for murdering people? Personally the only way I see this ending is him dying.

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/14648964/
youtu.be/u_OO9taOvG8?t=44
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Not going to happen, Rey kills him and before he dies he says something stupid shit like "u were right i was wrong".

Right. I don't think they know what to do with a sith who rejects the dark side except having him do it while dying.

In Disney's universe, sure. You can murder innocents, enslave millions, and its okay bc evil cis white jedi enter my bedroom and rape me.
In the fucking real world, he has passsed the point of no return and unlike Vader, there is no audience emotional investment to give a shit.

He's more redeemable than Darth Vader was. However, it's virtually impossible to see Anakin Skywalker being legally acquitted of all of his murders and war crimes.

Force ghost Han will forgive him so it'll be okay.

Cant reject the dark side and claim to be sith. Disney ambiguity is shit.

Let's find out:

strawpoll.me/14648964/
strawpoll.me/14648964/
strawpoll.me/14648964/

I don't think many people really care that much tbqh.

Right I agree. (OP here). I'm also curious if they are wanting Kylo and Rey to fuck, so that the skywalkers continue on. That is a legitimate point I think, since every movie follows the skywalker family line.

They need a villain now that Snoke is smoked and there really isn't anyone else. And they cant humanise him too much or it will make Rey and rebels look bad.
It's the only way.

He's probably the most redeemable "villain" to date and they obviously went to great lengths to portray him that way so I think it would be completely pointless and a total waste not to redeem him. I also don't want his bloodline to die so I want him and Rey to have babies.

So do you think they will continue the Skywalker line or does it end in disaster with Ben dying a sith death. First off, follow the sheckels. Skywalker name= lots of $$$. Then there is the "How". Fucking Rey? Idk.

Hux will be the main villain of IX and Kylo will turn to the light side, sacrificing himself to save Rey.

Screencap this post

>Skywalker name= lots of $$$.

Nope. Changeling fantasies are very last century; these days, it's about making something of yourself whereever you're from.

IX will see the return of Admiral Ozzel. Screencap this.

What I see happening is him turning to the light and he and Rey recreate and rebuild Luke's jedi temple and train a new generation. And then in episode 10 Kylo is going to kill his nephew but then rey's screaming vagina comes in and saves him.

Like Vader?

Problem with that is they made Hux out to be such a little bitch this time around. How is he supposed to be taken as a threat compared to Kylo?
(OP here) I think they piss way too many people off if they go that route. On the other hand I don't think they care based on this last movie. Fuck I'm just trying to redeem something about this trilogy in my head. I really feel depressed about it.

Ben will die. I guess they could pull out a secret Skywalker baby if things go south but they are probably going to use Rey.

Has to be, i dont think they are so cold-blooded that they will make him die a pure villain.

He's gonna die. Redemption would be a cheap cop out now, this movie was the chance to set up redemption and they didn't they went for a
>they love each other but they'll have to fight each other thing
instead.

Having Rey kill him is the only way now. Anything else will feel like a Shamalan tier "WHAT A TWIST!"

Would fit with the pattern of the trilogy being an OT rehash

Ok what about The Knights of Ren finally show up and Kylo has a change of heart before that or something and has to fight them with Rey. They beat them all and peace out to Naboo to fuck in the fields.

THICC

user that is complete and utter shit. we already had one movie that subverted everything the last movie set up, you wanna do that again? TLJ set up a tragic romance they have to follow up on it now.

Literally anything except a fight neither one of them want to have resulting in Kylo's death by her hands and she cries over his dead body is unacceptable.

lel

I know its shit! So Ben is the last Skywalker? That soon? Vader's Grandkid is the last. FUCK.

let the past die user. disney wars has to move on from skywalkers if it's gonna continue to sell toys for years to come

In my head, I know you are right. In my heart, I am hurting.

He's "redeemable" in the sense that the next movie will make it part of the plot. It won't work like it did in the original trilogy because that only worked because it was a son trying to redeem his father, and because people actually liked Vader as a character even when he was a villain. They won't have Leia around in the next one to tell the audience he used to be such a good boy, so they'll rely on the Twilight tier "connection" that him and Rey have. They'll probably put ghost Luke in to talk up Ben a little more.

Kylo Ren did nothing wrong. They'll still kill him in XI thought because all white males must die.

HEY REMEMBER WHEN I MURDERED MY DAD THE FAMOUS HERO OF THE REPUBLIC HAN SOLO HAHA DONT YOU WANT TO SEE ME FUCK REY AND BE A HERO

>be super shitlord who can tap into dreams
>can't sense that someone is rotating your lightsaber
what the fuck man, embarassing

Whatever disney does isn't canon

Reylo is now canon

You're like a little baby. Like every redeemed villain, he'll sacrifice himself to kill a bigger villain.

He's more conflicted than ever now, they are obviously setting up for redemption. I actually don't think they'll go the dying route either. Too boring and predictable.

I can't believe you guys don't see the obvious set up they're doing here. Rey and Kylo are now bound to each other. If Kylo kills Rey he dies and she kills him she dies. Next movie which I'm guessing a lot less people are going to see, they're going to do the "Rey gets hurt...and Kylo shows the wound and/or feels the pain as well!" It's going to be the cut Rey got on her arm in this movie. Kylo is going to see it in the next movie on his arm and that's going to be the le epic twist. Rey is going to have to kill Kylo and die in the process or she'll stab herself to stop Kylo which fulfills the female fantasy of dying with their drug addict or loser boyfriend so they can redeem him. It will be some variation on this idea. It clears everyone out and lets Disney move on with their dream goal of a Star Wars movie completely unconnected to the originals with everyone who wants out of the movies getting out of them.

>a star wars that isn't star wars

how ?

>a fucking white male
>redeemable

He's redeemable for Rey. And when he is about to turn Hux kills him.

It's just pathetic that it's come to this.

>bigger vilain
there isn't one

He's going to die, Rey is going to kill him but she won't want to. He'll leave her no choice when he continues to reject the light.

Judging by how fucked tlj is, I imagine kylo and Rey will team up as some stupid balance to the force and they will fuck, because Rey is such a psycho that she doesn't mind that her boyfriend killed thousands, throws temper tantrums, and killed his own father

Rey, after several attempts at reaching Kylo's good side, will kill Kylo Ren (with the acting face expression that shows she is trying really hard). She will be heralded as the hero of the galaxy and instantly made Empress. She will then say, "Oh, I know how to be Empress of the galaxy, I always have." and start shouting orders to all men which will blindly follow "yes my lady"

She was really quick to take Ren's side vs Luke.

followed by 50 minutes of Hux licking her feet clean

I killed my father so who cares. You can be redeemed.

>Do you know who linked your minds all along ... it was me
>*dies*
>before the end another link moment
Is the madman still alive and is actually sheev

He will sacrifice himself.

He'll turn to good in the end, fuck Rey and they'll have kids, who will then turn bad and we can get another triology
-Disney $$$ rep

Link keeps going after death

after a big le epic battle fighting off the empire remnants they'll walk into the sunset from the rebel base blown up and the empire ships falling down in flames.

>rey, will you join with me and bring peace and order to the galaxy
>....ok
youtu.be/u_OO9taOvG8?t=44

Kylo turns to the light, Rey turns evil.

Next series is their kids fighting each other.

>Link keeps going after death

>YOU THOUGHT YOU COULD KILL ME, BUT YOU ONLY MADE ME STRONGER

>to kill me you must sever the link by killing yourselves
>inb4 rey sacrifice
>inb4 kylo kiss ressurects her

The only possible way for this to end is with Ben redeemed and married to Rey. They have to set up future trilogies and books. The only way to do that is use the last Skywalker/Solo and give him a family. The whole point is that he isn't Vader, he does not have to die to atone for his mistakes. We have only seen him kill two people, one of which is a nobody. Audiences need to get over their bias at watching him kill Han, who to Ben was a shit father who wasn't there for him, not the hero everyone talks about. It's a "certain point of view" type thing. Rey sees the good in him and he feels a real love and connection with her that his parents and Luke never gave him.

This. It's the only way to "fix" Star Wars. They both saw different visions of the future, but those visions will both come true. Kylo will "turn" from the dark side and Rey will "join" him. This is probably the single good thing Rian managed to set up. So Jew Jew will likely fuck it up by rehashing RotJ and killing Kylo to "redeem" him ala Vader and leaving Rey Literally Who in charge of everything.

Surprise
He marries MarySue Rey, and they have 12 children, it's a family saga, okay?

This

I don't think JJ will do that because he actually likes them as a romantic pairing. The tension and hints toward it are already there in TFA.

I don't know how it would work, but I know how they're going to try it: by keeping the broad stroke stuff in place, but changing the details. It's sort of a bizarre comparison but they're essentially trying to give Star Wars gender reassignment surgery. The end result will be something similar to the original, but definitely not the original. The "genes" of Star Wars won't be altered, only the outward appearance, like a burn victim.

Wouldn't that turn her dark? Oh god I hope they don't make her the new vader.

Hopefully. I hate nu-Wars but this is literally the only way to save it now that everything else is gone.

Why exactly is Rey autisticly unquestionably fighting for the rebels anyway ?

Because she's a "good guy". That's it. Personally, she has no stake and would be a million times better off taking Kylo's offer. She could even convince him not to kill the other rebels and rule the galaxy peacefully.

they were good to her

To elaborate, you can do this by setting a film on something like Tattooine, only don't call it Tattooine. You can have a big city planet like Coruscant, but don't call it Coruscant. No Skywalkers, no Solos, maybe eventually you get a young Chewbacca or something like that, but the idea is to wash away the old and replace it with all new stuff. The shitty film literally states this multiple times like some executive just kept coming into the writing room and repeating what the goal of the film was and the writers just had it imprinted on their subconscious enough that they included it in the film every chance they could.

No not in my book. And Anakin killing children isn't redeemable either, George; thats not the kind of evil people imagined from Vader.

i would watch it

>She could even convince him not to kill the other rebels and rule the galaxy peacefully.

She tried and failed to convince him not to kill them. That was a dealbreaker for her.

Harrison Ford literally wanted to die.
He did nothing wrong.

Because Han, Luke, and Leia are like parents in her eyes, so she wants to follow in their footsteps. Ben even calls her out on it, saying that they will let her down. They were never good to him, so he doesn't want her to have to experience the same disappointment and abandonment they made him feel.
In a lot of ways, Rey is like an audience surrogate for all of us who grew up on Star Wars and the heroes sort of became like our parents (parents put the movies on to act as a babysitter in a way so the story and characters do their job for them, that sort of thing). His desire to destroy the past is like a kid who hates Star Wars whose parents keep making him watch it so he lashes out because he'd rather be heard and spend time with them.

*Hux enters the frame*

*unzips his belt*

> How is he supposed to be taken as a threat compared to Kylo?
> implying the Mouse gives a shit

Probably some redemption just before dying shit
I remember hearing about a comic once that had Vader being redeemed by Luke without killing him and he joins the Alliance. I mean, he changes to a while armor which is kind of ridiculous but it seems like an interesting settings just for the reactions of the Rebels when they fight alongside someone who killed them like rats

Hux and the Knights of Ren (Luke's other fallen students) will mutiny against Kylo. The only way for Hux not to get choked to death in the attempt is for him to have a lot of help that could potentially equal Kylo Ren.

She didn't even show him a titty. I'd hardly call that "trying"

Why would you even want him redeemed? Just let it die already.
The sooner they stop making star wars movies centred around the empire vs the rebellion the better.

he's absolutely going to be redeemed, if you cant see that happening youre basically blind.

He will still die though.

No Skywalker. No buy.

it's not illegal to kill religious cultists attempting a coup on a duly elected leader of a secular government.

flawless logic.

>How is he supposed to be taken as a threat compared to Kylo?
Because he has a fucking army.

And that's ok, user. Having an emotional response to the death of these OT characters (and the end of their part of the overall story) is normal. Being able to solicit this sort of emotional response is part of what makes the story so good.

its probably a crime to give summary executions to military officers