Instead of using it to fulfil his quest, he freed us

>instead of using it to fulfil his quest, he freed us
Why didn't he go back and prevent it from happening in general

Because if he fulfilled his quest he would never go to the future to free them, thus he would be unable to fulfill his quest in the past

Because the well would've fucked with him in some way

If you'd have watched the original episode you would have realized the curse meant he would have turned into a monster upon arrival and prolly not fought Aku. It was part of the curse.

Wouldn't going to the past and defeating Aku prevent them from being cursed in the first place?

Or am I missing some other part about his "quest"

>I never watched the show

This is bait, isn't it?

The well was cursed and you needed to pay for your wish.
Like the yellow dudes wanted to be the greastest warriors but were turned into archers instead.

"We later learned the evil was Aku's doing."

That was the worst fucking line I've ever seen in a cartoon, holy fuck.

>That was the worst fucking line I've ever seen in a cartoon, holy fuck.

Still got nothing on the numerous shitty lines that Genndy threw out.

>AND THEN DEXTER SAID

how?

1. It was pure hamfisted exposition
2. It was ambiguous so why explain it?
3. Pretty easy to guess it was probably Aku's doing
4. Literally irrelevant so why waste time explaining it

Maybe it was just me, but I cringed hard
Seemed like how Lucas edited rocks in front of R2D2.

its time to stop

>I cringed hard
I think you would benefit from watching some cringe compilations on youtube to build up your tolerance

Fight me

The well was evil as shit and would have fucked him over like it did the archers.

What if sending him into the future actually sent him into an alternate timeline, and if he just left he'd abandon those people in a doomed future?

1) Well was evil, could have sent him too far back or something

2) Future timeline might still exist after Jack goes back. In order to be worthy of using the portal guarded by the Guardian, he needs to defeat Aku in this timeline first.

No guarantee that going back would fix the future. Just maybe create a separate timeline while Aku continues to muck around in this one.

You the type of Samurai to wish on a monkey paw and then act shocked when everyone you love is dead, ain't you OP?

Wasn't it like the second or third episode where he saves those dog people instead of going through a time portal? Maybe I'm remembering it wrong, but it was the same choice without the "turns you into a monster" catch

it would have sent him back to the past but also made him unable to leave or do anything but protect the well in the past
thats what it does. the price of the wish is you are enslaved and must guard the well until you're slain

>when they tell her it turns out aku was the reason the well was cursed

I FUCKIN KNEW IT

all these years i knew it

so were all the flashbacks new animation? i don't have the patience to check

Yeah.

The real question is why not use the wish from the fairy he saved to go back in time? Completely benevolent wish-giver, and can be interpreted in a way that wouldn't end up fucking him over (ie. sending him back to the pre-historic ages)

It was one sentence, and there were probably autists who have been asking about that for years.

>Wouldn't going to the past and defeating Aku prevent them from being cursed in the first place?

It's called a "boot strap paradox".

It was for people that haven't seen that episode.

This was by far more unforgivable.
>Oh noes! She and my hand are trapped forever!

Wouldn't the bubble still be stuck on his hand, making it hard to impossible to kill Aku?

How else would he have gotten it off?

you have autism

Obviously he first wish for more wishes, and if he can't have that, wish for a magic wish grantinghaddock, then wish for a monkey's paw, then wish for Genie from Disney's Aladdin, then wished Tammy Lauren had never freed Aku from inside the Wishmaster's prison to begin with

>i wish for me and my belongings to be transported back in time
Boom, fairyball detaches
Otherwise there's not much stopping Jack from getting someone in his timeline to wish for the removal of the fairyball, or for Aku to die or whatever

>hand gets left behind
Or, alternatively, "as long as I am attached to you, I cannot send you back in time without sending myself and the prison back in time"

My expectation though is that it'll be revealed that traveling back in time just results in going to an alternate timeline, Trunks style. Forward is fine, you're just being held in statis