In terms of the long run looking at how things turned out were they the lesser of two evils?

In terms of the long run looking at how things turned out were they the lesser of two evils?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aV2DLkDPwM8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What bad things did the empire actually ever do the normal folks of the galaxy?

Aside from blowing up Alderaan, literally nothing. They had their own Pax Romana going on before the rebels shit up the galaxy

the blew up a planet with who knows how many people on it...

just like in real life
george's pottery powers know no bounds

They were despotic tyrants no doubt about that but if you didn't step out of line you got access to their institutions and they kept order from bandits and what not. Meanwhile the Republic behind the facade of beautiful sounding ideals and what not they are not even in the mood to do the bare minimum whats expected of them and that's to protect their citizens from pirates,vigilantes etc

The Empire blowing up a single planet in the Star Wars universe is like the US blowing up a hut in the middle east.

we don't actually know if there was peace considering our point of view is only from the outer rim in anh. Rogue 1 and Rebels cartoon show what was going on with the empire.

They were led by an evil space wizard who manipulated both sides of a galactic war for his own benefit.

oh no! millions of "innocent" people died.
who cares. this is such a played out, BS movie troupe by now. no one is innocent. in fact, it is a biological fact of nature that all living organisms just exist to continue breeding and creating more life for absolutely NO REASON.

at least the Empire reached their maximum potential by controlling entire galaxies, bringing order and unified rule. it's a question of unification and centralization vs. a bunch of loosely connected planets and star systems constantly at war, constantly bickering about stupid shit like in the prequels.

if the entire Star Wars story wasn't 100% controlled by jews and feminists, they would explore the flip-side of how the Empire could be the good guys when fighting bigger threats like the Yuuzhan Vong. But that's never going to happen and we'll continue to get faggotized movies with the same BS formulaic plot of "minorities against white space nazis".

at this point there's nothing left to say about star wars. it's obvious it is absolute shit now and anyone still a "fan" is also a cuck faggot.

Friendly reminder that Luke was going to join the Imperial academy before his aunt and uncle got spooky scary skeleton'd

Only in the EU where it was implied Palpatine was building up the Empire to combat a coming alien threat (the Yuuzhan Vong).

In the official canon they're straight up irredeemable.

>Only in the EU where it was implied Palpatine was building up the Empire to combat a coming alien threat
>making Sheev into a dindu
This is so fucking stupid.

>"minorities against white space nazis".
Did you even watch TLJ? They clearly showed an Indian member of the First Order, and probably more in the background that I didn't notice.

The sand people did it.

I don't see how. It gives him realistic, human depth instead of having him be a generic mustache twirling villain who yells "UNLIMITED POWER!"

no i did not watch any of the new moobies.
yes, i understand that finn the tokenigger was a storm trooper who "defected".

my point still stands that the first order is depicted as basically 99% fucking evil oppressive white men. sprinkling in 1 or 2 pajeets doesn't change that, it only fools idiots like you who can't think critically enough to see the big picture.

But Sheev is supposed to be the fucking Anti-Christ. He is evil and enjoys the fuck out of it and that's why he is so entertaining.
You don't need every villain to have a noble goal and be a dindu, that's just retarded modern writing logic. Cartoon villains are dumb too but sometimes someone who is just ambitious and cruel can be interesting too.

Fuck you
SHEEV WAS GREAT

>I didn't watch the movies
>ITS SHIT AND I HATE ITS PANDERING

Get a life.

Not that guy but Finn is truly a completely awful character whose "redemption arc" makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

tfw Pellaeon's Empire never ever
tfw Fel Empire never ever
tfw imperial knights never ever

>it is a biological fact of nature that all living organisms just exist to continue breeding and creating more life for absolutely NO REASON.
You can't just use words where they don't fight because you think they sound good.
Biology isn't even the correct field for crying out loud

Technically they did nothing wrong because the grander your scope of control, the more you have to play into the phrase 'the end justifies the means.'

The galaxy is massive and full of countless races. Without a large unifying force, the galaxy will just be doomed to petty wars and squabbles until the end of time.

The Death Star was a way of projecting that force. You need an intimidation tactic so when people that disobey the Empire go "oh yeah, what are you gonna do about it" they'll see right there what you CAN do about it if it comes to it.

When you stop wars, especially on a very large galactic scale, you have internal peace where people can develop new technologies and luxuries which aren't just suited for wartime. There is literally a golden age.

The rebels ruined it all cuz muh feels

What you need to understand is that during a revolutionary period, there will be a lot of "evil-doing" because you have to not only prove your might to people that question, but set in new paradigms with who you let have power and whose power you taper. People won't take kindly to any of it and you have to do it by force.

If the Empire won and you fast forwarded 100 years, there would be less dick swinging because people would already passively accept the Empire rules.

>absolutely no reason
you really should look into evolutionary biology before you make absurd statements like this
all of life is based on a chemical chain reaction which has been going on for billions of years

>burns Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru
>pssh nothing personnel kid
And Sidious' sheming aside there was peace in the Republic. Certainly more than under the empire.
Also the fuck retarded logic is that even:
>Don't fight back when you get enslaved so your masters can rule in peace

basically.

The EU and prequels turned them into pure evil. In the OT they were just an Empire focused on order and progress contrary to the rebels who were in favor of democracy and mayhem.

>Without a large unifying force, the galaxy will just be doomed to petty wars and squabbles until the end of time.
>you have internal peace where people can develop new technologies and luxuries
>There is literally a golden age.
Shit man it's like I'm reading God Emperor of Dune again. Fucking 5* post

>There's no thought behind my post, just mindless chemical chain reaction forcing my fingers to type on a piece of mindless, chemical-reaction-created plastic, mindlessly connected to a silicon board by a blind, mindless chemical reaction!

Empire=Despotic tyrants
Republic=Anarchist tyrants
Make your choice

They literally blow up a fucking planet and their leaders are two evil wizards who murder people at the slightest provocation.
I'm okay with people liking the Empire and thinking it's better/cooler than the Rebellion but outright claiming it was a kind-hearted organization is so stupid that it makes me think you didn't even watch the fucking movies.

Sheev was still evil but he wanted to protect his domain, nothing dindu about it. In fact sheevs evilness increases tenfold in the old eu

>there was peace in the Republic
>CIS - confederacy of independent systems kept fighting against them

a major theme was the Republic was in itself already an empire. Want independence? Fuck you!

>Empire destroyed 1 planet in the course of 3 movies
>First Order destroys 5 in one shot

Honestly, yes.

Tbh, Alderaan was what Saudi Arabia is now, a state that not-so-covertly supports terrorists aka the rebellion. Almost the whole populace was supportive of the rebels, not that it matters since they were monarchic or something and the ruling class decided to support the rebellion, they did everything sort of openly joining. Just think about how Leia used her diplomatic immunity to smuggle top secret documents.
Thus blowing up Alderaan was not an act of evil, but simply an act of war, no doubt overblown, yet justified. Tarkin also wanted to test the DS.

>Aside from blowing up Alderaan, literally nothing.

Alderaan was supporting the rebels openly. It was doomed by its government.

>Sidious' sheming aside
What did you expect from this post? What do you get out of ignoring what I said just to correct me with what I said?
Also if you blame the Republic for the CIS I pointed out there was more war under the empire.

Heres what they have done in the Disney canon that could be considered morally questionable.

>Enslavement of Wookies despite them being sentient aliens with a civilization.
>Blowing up Alderaan.
>Religious genocide of Jedi and iconoclasm of their history.
>General species-ism against aliens that are non-humanoid
>Blowing up Jedha
>Blowing up Scarif
>Genocide of Geonosis through mass-sterilization and bombing
>Rapid industrialization of certain planets (Lothal) leads to displacement of native population from their homes and environmental destruction.
>Slavery in general.
>Numerous assassinations and other underground dealings done by Darth Vader, Imperial Officers, and the Emperor
>Bombing Imperial-friendly worlds in the twilight of the GCW because the Emperor doesn't want the Empire to survive without him (Operation Cinder)
>Nearly blowing up Jakku with Sith Relics in an attempt to create a Pyrrhic victory for the Rebellion.
>Regular torture of prisoners.

When you put it that way, I honestly wouldn't give a fuck if we killed every fucking sandnigger in Saudi Arabia. Fuck it, the empire did nothing wrong.

>Monarch supports rebellion against oppressive dictatorship
>kill billions of civilians to show off your new weapon
Yeah fuck off. The Empire has a fleet and ground troops to smash revolutions.

Scheming is evil? What are you, dumb?

What planet are you on where planning and manipulation in the high realms of politics and power is evil?

Do you think everyone can just be blunt about what they want? Even the good guys?

>blowing up tens of billions of people = a hut
lol

Literally the same logic the allies used to justify nuking Japan

>we'll save more lives overall!

isn't that girl white and isn't that hat a fedora?

I don't see anything wrong with that list.

Alderaan was actively helping the rebels, wookies were also aiding the rebels, the Jedi represented a paradigm before the Empire and has to be suppressed, nothing wrong with human nationalism, and making systems both dependent on you and fear you in a very chaotic period where there's a power shift from Jedi to Empire is a big deal for sealing your rule.

All the deleted scenes with Jerjerrod are kino. I can't remember if it was in those scenes or just the novelization, but he refuses to leave after Emperor dies and they know rebels are trying to blow the reactor and still intends to fire on Endor. They gutted most of that plot, but you can see when the DS2 blows up the misfire. Just seconds later and it's possible Endor would have been destroyed.

Fuck Genosians

Maybe that's because you are a horrible human being, user.

THE ONLY GOOD BUG IS A DEAD BUG

Mate, the CIS never would have existed if the republic was either stronger or looser with control, Sheev didn't mindtrick everyone into the war.

mayb i rayp u

>Sidious' sheming aside there was peace in the Republic
>What planet are you on where planning and manipulation in the high realms of politics and power is evil?
The problem is you're too dumb to understand why what you says is wrong and not honest enough to care so we should leave the discussion at this.

>"speciesism"
Purge the xenos. This galaxy is for humans only.

t. never reads books regarding politics and power like The Prince

There's an entire world of thought you have 0 clue about. Feels good to be smart.

JJ is half mexican

You also forgot that their emperor was Satan incarnate.

the only good bug is a dead bug.
Fuck 'em.

If you've ever been in a place of authority in the real world like I have that isn't just a Steam Group of a gaming clan, you'd understand how you do have to use sly scheming to get your way.

Literally everyone has competing interests with you and if you are a morally righteous hippy, you'll never win and be at your opponent's whim.

I'm from Kamino and I say kill 'em all!

>slightest provocation
Where? Who? As far as I know only the jedi and their supporters were targeted, mostly because they kept disrupting peace.

Vader chokes his own subordinates to death the moment one of them fails him and the Emperor is implied to be even worse.

why do you have pictures of this girl on your personal computer?

No it's fucking gay. The idea is so boring and played out holy shit.
>this big bad guy you hated was actually preparing for an even BIGGER BAD

>I'm from Kamino and I say kill 'em all!
will you deepthroat my fat dick with your long ass neck asking for a friend

>They were despotic tyrants no doubt about that but if you didn't step out of line you got access to their institutions and they kept order from bandits and what not. Meanwhile the Republic behind the facade of beautiful sounding ideals and what not they are not even in the mood to do the bare minimum whats expected of them and that's to protect their citizens from pirates,vigilantes etc
t. headcanon

>republic can't even protect naboo from getting sieged by some merchants
lol

That's what I got when viewing the original trilogy comparing it to the state of things under the Empire and the new government which is in charge of the Republic in TFA etc. They lack a army in other words they lack the ability to defend their citizens not only from looney tunes such as the First Order but even well organized bandits and pirates in other words they have failed their citizens.

Well, the rebellion was small and slippery and the Alderaan a big fat target. And they still used their industry to support the rebels.

Not to mention, that most of the rebels were literally criminals, since normal people mostly like the order that came with the empire.

I recall the empire was against slavery? Not forced labour, but that's a completely different thing. Most of the other things are acts of war, and OP cinder is retarded asspull to give a reason to the rebellion to disarm.

Taxes

Not even headcanon man..thats the official position

If you right space pirates they win

what was sheev's tax policy anyway?

It's tree's on fire then.

Because it was the only way off a shit hole like tatooine.
Don't forget that's where biggs went, and han too.

>HAV U HERD UV MAKEAHVELLEY BEFOR!?!
Read some Ayn Rand, I have a feeling it will be right up your alley.

To show people she's mexican.

Reminder that the empire killed millions of cute girls like that when they blew up Endor

the prince was literally written by macaroni to be a MEME

>that most of the rebels were literally criminals

The Prince is meme shit sweety. Beyond Good and Evil is what you're looking for.

Do you mean the admiral who makes a novice mistake in the middle of probably the largest military operation since the end of the Clone Wars, forcing the Empire to commit to a costly land assault? It wasn't the first time either.

youtube.com/watch?v=aV2DLkDPwM8

>the largest military operation since the end of the Clone Wars
Nigger it was the executor and 2 other stat destroyers and a hand full of walkers. The just blew up a planet out of spite like 2 fucking years ago. An maximum display of force for effect is literally imperial doctrine.

>promote someone from Captain to Admiral
Was Vader retarded?

Vader just skipped a bunch of other ranks cause he dont give a fuck

>nuking the japs was larger than D-day

Wasnt the "admiral" was the actual captain of the Executor and the "captain" the first officer? I mean I haven't seen anyone else there.

>never heard of Tarkin doctrine

the empire is "evil", but the rebellion/new republic/resistance is completely incompetent and cant handle having power. its a catch 22

>reminder that Disney's nu-star wars has no iconic music in it like the imperial march

With a ship the size of the SSD wouldn't the size of the command structure dictate that you'd have fucking admirals in charge of the sanitation department.

> in fact, it is a biological fact of nature that all living organisms just exist to continue breeding and creating more life for absolutely NO REASON.

user, this isnt a cringe thread.

>le bad guys are actually the good guys meme

lol fuck off enlightened edgelords

With the nuTrilogy out now, yes. If the New Republic can't go three decades without degenerating into the same corrupt, impotent, and incompetent mess that it was in the prequels, then it doesn't deserve to govern

The other knights shouldn't have died so quickly.

?

Blowing up Alderaan, blowing up Jedha, gassing Anoat, generally fucking over planets either as a show of power or damage control, nationalizing your property with no compensation, arresting or "vanishing" you if you happen to show any dissent, slave driving you at your job, or literally enslaving you and you happen to be a low-profile alien race.

You know, the little things.

The supposedly jedi master that were with mace windu died in 2 seconds.

Did I forget strip-mining any and all planets for resources, and fucking over their environments in the process? Generally treating everything and everyone as expendable and exploitable? Guess I have.