I don't get it

I don't get it.

I can accept that the New 52's supercouple turned into red energy, but what were they doing inside Mr. Mxyzptlk's globe?

Why did they turn into ash?

Why did Lois get superpowers for a short time?
Can Superman do a solar flare too?
If they were Red and Blue, when did the split happen?
Is this really post-crisis Earth?
If it really is Manhattan, why?
What was Harvest's master plan?
We know that the Joker is someone Batman knows, but who?
If they need to fight Oz, who is Dorthy?
WHO WAS PHONE!?

Welcome to rebirth.

>We know that the Joker is someone Batman knows
Where did this come from? The chair just said that there were three.

If you read Superwoman #8 you would see they were stored in Lana and never died but turned into red energy at the end of that issue Lana let go of that red energy so they could go and become one with themselves.

> Why did Lois get superpowers for a short time?

The energy of the Superbro was released from his body and entered into Lana and Lois. That's why they both gained power.
The question is "Why can his energy be transferred to other persons?"

> Can Superman do a solar flare too?

No.

If they were Red and Blue, when did the split happen?

When Manhattan created the New 52, he took the edgiest part of the old Superman to create the new one.

> Is this really post-crisis Earth?

Man, this still the New 52 universe. Rebirth is only a slight retcon in some characters.

> We know that the Joker is someone Batman knows, but who?

You took it out of your ass.

> If it really is Manhattan, why?
> What was Harvest's master plan?
> If they need to fight Oz, who is Dorthy?
> WHO WAS PHONE!?

dunno (and don't care with most of them)

>If they need to fight Oz, who is Dorthy?

>Who is Donna Troy

superman is an overpowered faggot and all of his comics, movies, everything related to him is fucking shit

Alright Prime. We get it...

What about all the feelings he had for Diana also? Did those just vanish because hes with Lois and that would be inconvenient ?

What are you talking about? It's not the same Superman.

Superbro and WW broke up long before the death arc and basically both handwaved their relationship as not being that big of a deal. She mattered even less than Lana

It is though split in two people Superbro is Superdad and vice versa.

Superman's great. Fuck you.

/thread

It's post crisis earth, just with ten years taken off.
When Superman was restored, he literally became Post-Crisis Superman, with the trunks and all in his history.

Ok, time to calm down a bit Luthor.

this.
New 52 at the beginning was post-crisis earth with 10 year less and few changes to some characters (superman origin, wally west begone, etc.)
Superman restored means that he got his 10years back + superdad memories (jon) + superbro, all mesh together.
How will this they get this to work? It will not, so let´s mentioning it the less possible

It's like an image through a lens, where it looks different with and without it. Current Superman will have his post crisis memories, but will also remember some of the New 52 stuff. Probably with his underwear on the outside.

>he thinks Superbro was edgy
>he thinks he was more edgy than Superdad who locked up criminals without a trail and secretly fought while wearing all black

So what about the romance with Wonder Woman? What about Clark's parents, are they alive now?

What about this pic? Why Batman's still treating Superman with suspicion, as if he doesn't know him well?

>Current Superman will have his post crisis memories

I wouldn't say this is true. The actual pre-Flashpoint memories seem to be gone after the merge as well as his knowledge of the merge itself (at least if you go based on his main books). What he has now in the merged history is some pre-Flashpoint things couched in new 52 continuity.

>So what about the romance with Wonder Woman?

It probably didn't happen in the new version of the timeline, but even if it did it would have just ended less recently. Not really a big deal.

>What about Clark's parents, are they alive now?

Hasn't said yet, but pre-Flashpoint only Ma was alive anyway.

>What about this pic? Why Batman's still treating Superman with suspicion, as if he doesn't know him well?

Tomasi's not a great writer, Bruce is generally an asshole, and there's some poisoning concerns I think?

Man that is some terrible art.

>So what about the romance with Wonder Woman?
Never happen, so booster gold can come back
>What about Clark's parents, are they alive now?
still unknown
>What about this pic? Why Batman's still treating Superman with suspicion, as if he doesn't know him well?
Bruce always pulls this kind of bullshit, if he would be suspicious he would call him Superman or Kent, not clark.

>When Manhattan created the New 52, he took the edgiest part of the old Superman to create the new one.
ok, but how does this mesh with Superdad supposedly being the postcrisis superman who was involved in Braniac's shenanigans or whatever that was?

when did that Superman suddenly become a split superman?

did manhattan simply do the thing regardless of Superdad's current (at the time) status under a bubble?

He got split in two. Brainiac got Superdad, Manhattan got Superbro. Why? We don't know, it's still ongoing.

They haven't explained when the split happened, but you can basically consider Convergence to be non-canon to the personal history of current Superman.

And we don't know if Manhattan caused the split, that guy is just assuming.

this whole page was just setup for a comedic moment involving Lois, and doing the typical thing of making Batman an overdramatic ponce who hides in shadowy barns just to have a chat with superman.

also the suspicion has been shifted from Superman himself to Jon, because Batman doesnt like what he can't control and/or predict, and Jon being a Human/Kryptonian hybrid, but with delayed power growth, (as well as not having good control over them) concerns him. (and it turns out he was right)

This is pretty much my own speculation, but I think since the "blue" energy that Manhattan removed when he split Superman included Clark and Lois' love for each other. When the energy became actual people (because Convergence), they had memories of their life together, their marriage, and the Universe where that marriage took place. They just assumed they were the Lois and Clark of that universe stranded in a different one rather than split beings, because they know about the multiverse and it made sense at the time.

Multiple stories showed that Superbro and Lois clearly loved each other as well even if they didn't officially get together before the merge, so I don't know if that really gels well.

I think the biggest difference in the two Supermans is that Superbro was generally too selfless and didn't have as much of a personal life in general as a result while Superdad when he was in current stories (not considering pre-Flashpoint because I think they were writing him intentionally like this to contrast him from Superbro) was more selfish in a way as he was very concerned about his personal life to the point where it kept him away from being a public hero until the last few months. Both guys were still very good people, but the balance was kind of off each half.