Luke, did I ever tell you about lightspeedmissiles...

Luke, did I ever tell you about lightspeedmissiles? It's a combat maneuver that no one in the history of the Republic ever used in spite of having access to FTL technology for thousands of years. It is an attack so devastating that whichever side uses it first wins. End of story. There are no safeguards against it, so now that it has been discovered, it is wisest to resort to it at the slightest hint of danger, because if you hesitate, your side has already lost. It took a smart and brave lady general to discover the technique. Had she been just a bit less brave and a bit smarter the concept of "remote control" might have occurred to her as well and she could have been a good friend.

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Stewjon
youtube.com/watch?v=U4gpgZO7NEQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Should of just screen capped the original, people would have seen it and it will never get the reactions the original post got

Makes you wonder why they built those expensive death stars when they could have just strapped some scrap iron to a surplus FTL engine.

Wouldn't Holdo have needed to be an astromech to get the coordinates just right or strong womyn don't need to do that?

It was only a mile away and since it was a big target I guess you could reasonably just ram it

Apparently she cut some of the destroyers behind the supremacy in half too

Yep.
And you can't even say FTL drives are hard to come by, all the rebel fighters and even the fucking escape pods had FTL.

With this knowledge, every Star Destroyer in RotJ could have been taken out by a single fighter light-speeding through the bridge, instead of sacrificing several fighting them head to head

why didn't they just lightspeed a load of x-wings into the death star?

THIS DOESN'T MATTER PLOT HOLES DON'T MATTER

I don't understand why it shredded all the empires ships to pieces.

They were piloted by men

Now future Star Wars writers get to explain why they can't just run an old beat up cargo ship into whatever giant space weapon they want to introduce to the series. Good job, Disney.

Or strap a huge-ass light sword to a ship and slice every "difficult" planet.

>the radius had excellent shields that allowed it too cut through the supremacy and several other star destroyers even if it would have missed the others

Maybe this means that they can't just use another Death Star in 9?

>b/c of its small size

Why didnt the rebels just lightspeed through the Death Star in order to destroy it

If crashing into things while traveling in hyperspeed caused you and the objects came into contact with to explode or otherwise damage, it wouldn't work as a means of transport.

Check m8 nerds.

So shouldnt everyone in the star wars universe already be dead since every spacecar doubles as a WMD and every shitty driver is liable to accidently cause an extinction event?

kek

Posting this I found that best summarizes the argument

Because the patriarchy was too stupid to conceive of Lightspeed weapons.

These breakthroughs come from LISTENING and BELIEVING women and POC.

That makes it even worse since it invalidates every for mof space travel that was used so far.
Ackbars fleet in RotJ would've never reached the Death Star 2 since they owuld've hit some dustparticle and be obliterated.

In one stroke nuWars destroyed every form of space battle and interplanetary space travel.

Luke, did I ever tell you that your father wanted you to have this lightsaber? You'll forgive me, it appears that I have Progeria and age at an accelerated rate. You wouldn't believe it, but just 18 years ago I was a dashing and handsome young man, flying around the galaxy and dismembering your father. That's right, Luke. You see in my case Alzheimer's has robbed me of the memory that I was the one that nearly murdered Anakin Skywalker. Before claiming this very blade, I managed to sever his arms and his legs and watched as he burned alive on a volcano planet. In hindsight I suppose that I wasn't a very good friend, but afterall I think he'd still want you to have this lightsaber. Perhaps someday you could be as proficient at murdering younglings as he was.

>just turn off your brain brah

For ego tripping, the empire doesnt give a shit about the economy it artificially creates, it made the death stars to go HAHAHAHHAHA LOOK HOW POWER WE ARE WORSHIP US!

Thanks for the advice. You are a good friend.

>Luke, have I ever told you about Jon Bon Jovi? Jon Bon Jovi (born John Francis Bongiovi, Jr.) is an American musician who made his debut on the 1980 Star Wars Christmas album entitled Christmas in the Stars. On the album, he was credited as John Bongiovi.

I need an official explanation on this hyperdrive stuff. I thought it was more like being teleported to your destination, that's why no matter where you are going it's instant. Is it that or is it lightspeed or any kind of set speed? Are they really still flying across the galaxy? You can't do that without hitting something. Even a tiny space rock going in the opposite direction of you would go right through you. But if it's teleportation, how did they crash into the ship?

I'm sure there will be a Soy Wars encyclopedia addressing this issue; i.e. "You must be "x" feet from an object" etc.

Don't forget that they had to constantly look for the correct open area to make the jump to light speed in OT, but in TFA he just boots out of a hangar.

How the hell do they aim these FTL projectiles exactly?

didn't the revised reborn emperor have a hyperspace gun on dark empire?

Like you aim any kind of projectile. Point and shot.

>Massive intergalactic war

>Jedi masters running rampant. Often the focus of intense political debates

>18 years later........

>"Huh? What's a Jedi?"

Can you imagine if in 1963 people were like;

>What's a Nazi?

Why didn't they just strap the ring to a FTL eagle?

I think they're still eventually going into another dimension but they need astromechs to avoid big gravitational things like stars and planets that would yank them out of that dimension. It doesn't make sense for holdo to have taken out the destroyers behind the supremacy b/c the Raddus wasn't that big and would have missed.

I bet you’re the guy who made the thread whining about “obvious Disney shills” on Sup Forums lmao

As if Disney would waste their time on a group that doesn’t pay to see movies

Steering wheel + droid

Luke, did I ever tell you about Snoke? He's the most powerful man in the galaxy. His power exceeds that of Darth Vader and even the Emperor by far. Nobody cares though since he's a old man that lives in the outer rim and does nothing with it. Maybe he will be a good friend.

OT had the only limitation that they can't go past an object that has a large gravity well, like a star.
They even had some ships the empire used to construct artifical gravity wells to pull ships out of hyperspeed.
All of that is fucking useless, hell some of it was already useless whenthey jumped into hyperspace in RO from within a planets atmosphere.

Luke, did I ever tell you about the time I cuckolded another man? Yes, it was almost two decades ago that I began a relationship with another man's wife. I met her on the set of a television show (check the Wookieepedia article if you are unfamiliar with TV), and opened her up to a brand new sexual awakening. I suppose that wasn't very friendly of me.

It's not instant.
Just really really fast.
In ANH you see the Falcon jumping into hyperspace and traveling for some time until it reaches Alderaan.
The movies just don't always show the flight sequenz but what else happens during the flighttime.

Luke, did I ever tell you that I could have used the force to aid you at any point during your travels, but didn't bother and never explained why I didn't?
Yes, Yoda in particular was fully capable of just barbecuing Snoke at any point.
Why are you looking at me like that, Luke? Am I still a good friend?

>Only Sith use force lightning
>But a dead Yoda can summon an entire lightning bolt from the sky

Luke, did I ever tell you about plot armor? It's a device that writers use to prevent their most favored characters from suffering untimely ends. It is a good friend, especially so to your sister.

can an xwing-size starship penetrate the shields of, say, a star destroyer?
I think you can command droid to pilot small vessels, but can you do the same with capital ships which might be big enough to go through shields?
I think I had already seen the "using FTL ship as a missile" thing but I can't remember where, closest I recall was the picard maneuver but that's a different thing that star wars might also use in the future

Yoda is pretty clear DS in this movie.

The Raddeus was a massive ship with I guess bigger than average hyperdrive engines and strong shields.

An X Wing would have been a fly splattering on the windshield.

Plus there was just 1 Cruiser in the entire Resistance Armada

The Deathstar prob could have taken the suicide attacks of the entire rebel fleet and survive. It is afterall magnitudes larger than Snoke's capital ship.

Also it would be hyperspace missiles

they bought fox
is it really a stretch that they might pay some worthless shit to do positive pr for them on all social media?

They should've tried the force vampire shit where he woke up after Sheevs death and assumed control over the remnants.
Would've been infinitly better then fucking nothing, even if it would've been mention in two sentences.

Didn't they already do this in one of the movies with no violent effect? I remember in Ep7 or Rogue One somebody thinks they're going to hit the planet they're pointed at, not sure they'll enter hyperspace before they hit it, something like that. Am I imagining this or remembering it from some old book?

Should have had Rey take Kylo's hand and turn to the dark side. But it's current year and all white men have to be portrayed as evil maniacs; all women have to be portrayed as strong and independent individuals that have no flaws or need for character development. Gotta play it safe for maximum profits. What would the braindead soyim think?

That black hole really was a whole lot of nothing except a Dagobah cave ripoff

>the deathstar prob could have taken the suicide attacks of an entire rebel fleet
They are going faster than light user, a grain of sand with a hyperspace drive would destroy a planet

DESU it was probably a water geyser and the black stuff was some little plant things living off the humidity SENPAI

>Good. I can feel your anger. I am defenseless. Take your weapon! Strike me down with all your hatred, and your journey towards the dark side will be comple...
>What?
>You say you're foreseeing a girl who will attack you in anger, with a lightsaber, when you're likewise unarmed, and will feel absolutely no pull on the dark side?
>and you'll see absolutely nothing wrong with this?
>even though it's a perfect mirror to what's happening now?
>I can see your mentor was not a good friend, young skywalker.

>check Wookieepedia
>obi wan's planet is called Stewjon
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Stewjon

Nice headcanons bud

Seriously. Who needs a fucking deathstar when you can just light speed into a planet

>samefagging
I'll play devil's advocate here though and note that the time spent at lightspeed is only a split second between the jump and entering hyperspace, i.e. the moment where the stars streak. Once they're in the whirly tunnel that looks like the Universal Studios ice cave, that's no longer lightspeed. They aren't in our universe at all.

The only good thing about the impact TLJ is having on this board is the resurgence of this meme.

Would you give a fuck about who nazis were if you lived on a desert planet far away from the republic?

they kept having empire strikes back parts in it like that but then changed it slightly go "haha fooled you haha" it was like they were making fun of the audience instead of making a decent plot

perfect example is the planet they landed on, they have a line about it being salt and not snow. haha fooled you!

>'ll play devil's advocate here though and note that the time spent at lightspeed is only a split second between the jump and entering hyperspace, i.e. the moment where the stars streak

Literally a fucking headcanon

Sure I don't disagree with you

The whole plot of the OT would also be pointless then, shields that can stop the force of a hyperspace suicide craft would reasonably need something stronger to penetrate. The blasters, turbolasers and proton torpedos would then have to have the power of the entire sun behind every blast.

It's fucking pointless, we can go on and on about what is essentially a fantasy movie with laser guns.

Han thought the jedi were just a hokey old religion and he was very well travelled.

When they went underground I had zoned out for a moment and when I tuned back in I thought they were flying inside a fucking deathstar again.

in rogue one the ships are jumping away and then vader's fleet turns up to blockade them

it also takes a long ass time for the falcon to calculate lightspeed jumps for a good reason

also in episode 1, why didn't the naboo just fucking jump to lightspeed from atmosphere?

they should have just fucking rebooted star wars or set it in the far future of star wars with all the shit they are pulling out of their ass

Can I see the math on that, sure a ship could just fine but a grain of sand? And why use a grain of sand in the first place just launch the hypserspace drive itself without the sand

Planetary shields

He didnt throw it away, he tossed it away. You argument is invalid

Keep 'em coming, user

Why does old man Ben Kenobi considers everybody a good friend? It's the alhzeimer's?

>lightspeed is another word for hyperspace

>billions of lifeforms in the galaxy
>a few hundred Jedi during PT
>already considered myths when encountered and only being talked of in legends

It's not THAT farfetched to think that they don't really exist if the chance to encounter one of them is incredibly small and you only hear some stories about their powers that can only be described as bullshit until you meet one.
There are problems that the transistion between PT and OT presents, but that is one of the smaller and even somewhat plausible ones.

Yeah, he was very well travelled and he thought the jedi were bs.

Sure, the nazi analogy would work if the whole thing took place in just one planet, but it doesn't, it takes place in a whole fucking galaxy and I wouldn't be surprised 18 years might be an hell of a long time, implying the existence of jedis, siths or the force even reach the remote corners of the galaxy.

>in rogue one the ships are jumping away and then vader's fleet turns up to blockade them

No they fucking didn't. It was one ship that hit the SD and it never even started its hyper drive. The ships that jumped escaped.

youtube.com/watch?v=U4gpgZO7NEQ

>b-but in my headcanon in the split second before they go hyper speed they go light speed s-so that's why it worked in the movie

Stop with the headcanon garbage

I bet you’re the guy who made the thread whining about “obvious Disney shills” on Sup Forums lmao

As if Disney would waste their time on a group that doesn’t pay to see movies

Do one with the milk

Ben solo rose his hands in class to diss the teacher 1 2 many times

>Luke I'm glad you were able to bring your father back from the dark side. It's truly a sign of being a good friend that you are willing to see the good side of people. I'm sure you will get along with your nephew just fine.

Just wait til the han solo movie comes out and it turns out his best friend was a jedi or some shit.

Is this really the official explanation? It's not teleportation? What galaxy does the movie take place in because I hope it's a small one. Even if you traveled at the speed of light it would still take about 12,000 years to travel just half of the Milky Way galaxy. Light travels fast, sure, but the galaxy is really big. I always thought they teleported.
>The movies just don't always show the flight sequenz but what else happens during the flighttime.
Good thing because it probably still takes hours at that rate.

A galaxy is a huge place
worlds kinda tiny

Lightspeed in a planet's atmosphere would mean colliding with the air molecules in the atmosphere.

You know how falling from a bridge can kill you as hitting the water at that speed is like hitting concrete? Imagine that going thousands of times faster.

That's why lightspeed only works in space, as there's so little you can actually hit in deep space (unless you run into an asteroid or something).

It's a nickname. They're still going faster than light.

His best friend will be Snoke.

Rey, did I ever tell you about the time I gave my evil father a second chance because I could see the good in everybody, and my friends and I defeated evil in the galaxy forever, a final triumph of good, a hero's journey or monomyth if you will, putting a final cap on our story. And then I accidentally turned my apprentice to the dark side and also there was a rich evil alien who corrupted him so I gave up and moved to an island in the middle of nowhere to die. I was a good jedi.

TLJ sucked

>Luke, just popping in to say how much it means to me that you were the only one who thought I was worth saving
>I'm glad that the leader of the new Jedi order is someone who is willing to see the good in people, no matter what it seems.
>How's my Grandson doing, by the way?

Actually, travelling with the speed of light - say 12,000 lightyears - will get you to your destination INSTANTLY.
The universe outside your spaceship however, will have waited 12,000 years before you arrived.

Relativity.

You would never hit anything brainlet. Space is so big and things (even planets) are so small compared to it. Literally 99.999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of space is just empty vacuum just "space". That's why it's called space.

This post sucks, but it reminds me: how exactly was snoke corrupting him again?

Just....just fuck this movie, man. Fuck the fuck shit out of this bullshit movie

Actually yes I can.

If you went to China, India, Africa, Remote South America.

Nazis would be something out myth and stories.

What does a nigger in the congo know about the world war? He can't read, he doesn't have radio.

It's literally only called World war because it took place on all continents. If you look at it from a total population perspective. The vast majority of the world did not experience a war at all.

If you asked the random chink what a nazi was they woudn't know. Ask them about the Japs now thats a different story.

Take my grandfather hes 85 this year. Primary School Educated peasant from Yugoslavia. When the war started suddenly he wasn't in Yugoslavia anymore it was Hungary, then later it was Yugoslavia again and they took all the land he owned together with everything house and all. He rebuilt only to have all his built up shit get bombed by serbs again a few decades later.

What does he know about the Japs?

They invaded Pear Harbor, they got nuked.

He literally had no idea where it was or what it did. Chinese massacres? He has no idea...

He was beyond suprised when I went to Japan a few years back. What do I even want there?