Will Landis ever catch a fucking break?

Will Landis ever catch a fucking break?

I hope he catches a brick. With his face.

I'm so fucking bummed about this. Just came home from work to find out after watching the last 2 episodes last night.

Don't worry I'm sure Bright will be a massive hiHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Bright looks super fun thou, and Max had like nothing to do with it aside from stealing the setting from Shadowrun, the producers pretty much shat all over his script and made it their own.

maybe when he makes something tolerable

>Father is a rich and famous director who gave him his whole career through nepotism
I'd say he caught a pretty good break there

hope not lol

Season 1 was great, but Season 2 was utter garbage. I'm sad by how he destroyed his own creation with his extreme autism.

Another white boi BTFO by the BBC

Who's Will Landis?

you mean besides being born into absurd nepotistic opportunity because of his father? that pretentious hack has had way more breaks than he deserves

Back to doing cameos in internet views for him

watched episode 1 and didn't get it. Will I like it eventually or is it just more if the same?

hahaha fpbp

He's better as an ideas guy rather than the guy running the show. He has good ideas but is struck by massive autism

I have the theory that season 2 is a direct answer to him getting dissed by the people behind Bright.
He got so mad that he made the entire season about 'muh magical land' and put the magic wand as the focus point of the thing way too much not to be about his butthurt with Bright.

Yeah, Season 1 is very cohesive and in the end everything falls into place. Don't bother with Season 2.

i hope he catches a helicopter blade with his face, like the gooks his father killed.

You forgot the part where his father should have been in prison

It's actually quite interesting to go through his early writings. For example there's a Marvel fanfic about the Shocker. Here's a quote:
>Killing my father was the best thing I've done in my life.
Really lets you look into the Landis household.

Nothing in Season 2 made sense in a rational progression of the show. We've just watched Dirk and the rest of the characters for one season, you can't expect the audience to already be familiar with Dirk's cases and how everything usually unfolds when we've only seen one fucking case. You can't subvert Dirk's character and make him all introspective and worried about everything in fucking Season 2. The Detective Agency wasn't even a thing.
I have the feeling that Max, in his autism, had everything sorted out in his head and subverted it already without even properly showing it to the audience. I hate when authors do this. In the end everything feels rushed.

seriously? bullshit.

fpbp

Season one was Godtier.

Season two is absolute utter garbage and Im glad theyve cancelled it.

Max needs to chill out on his own propaganda. Nevermind. This season could have never worked even without the gay pink haired prince with giant scissors. What a fucking waste. I cant even force myself to see the final two episodes. Ive been forcing myself enough. I will eventually rewatch the 10/10 season one, but season two is 1/10 and Im not exaggerating.

also, its just too gay. Im sorry, but too gay.

It's just loosely based on the books.

>Season/book 1 - errant soul tries to get his hands on a time machine
>Season/book 2 - fairytale characters show up and start killing people

This, Hax Landis is an unfunny tryhard in general and needs someone to compensate for that

John "How Do I" Landis

Did his other show get cancelled? did his remake? No? Just one of his shows? Oh that's right, he's still successful.

the show was awful though

>bright looks fun
No it doesnt

It was garbage, but not because of the gay. It barely had an impact on anything.
It's just that the fantasy setting is crap, the characters act like idiots and make no sense (like the fucking black guy) and it's too tonally different from Season 1.
Stop getting triggered by gay stuff though, it makes you look weak.

Not if he keeps writing shit.

I know but the timing and the focus on the wand...and Max being such a fucking faggot.
It kinda adds up.

Season 2 was shit

It does tho.

What does Holistic mean?

I watched a couple episodes of season 1 and it was fucking terrible, what are you on.

COME ON GUYS IF WE CAN MAKE EVERYONE HATE THE LAST JEDI WITH OUR AUDIENCE REVIEWS WE CAN DEFINITELY SAVE THIS AWESOME SHOW

i love the show but i hated the fantasy/magic thing in season 2 because it ruined what i loved about dirk gently. i enjoy fantasy/magic shows but for me it's so not dirk gently.

That you need to look at the whole picture, the sum of the parts, instead of the little details to make sense of something. In the context of the show it's used to talk about how everything is connected together.

This.
Dirk Gently had such great potential, but Season 2 was abysmal.

I haven't seen season 2 yet. What happens to that handsome military guy (the one who shot and killed the detective in season 1) in season 2? Am I right in guessing he's an animal soul put into a man's body? I'm guessing he's a dog's soul considering how he acted earlier in season 1.

I know, but I dont wanna watch too many gay things and this had too many. But we've all knew, that they couldnt recreate the magic of season one. It was the time travel. The causality game. The weird and highly dumb cult. I couldnt see Landis top that. Should have hade the whole Blackwing surround time anomalies and it would have worked. Dirk and Bart being the victims of some sort of weird time travelexperiment...even some more Blackwing subjects. Except the Rowdy three, they could hae just been vampires from whenever. Like centuries ago. It would have worked. But the formula is in the unknown, the mystery...eventually explained by the paradox of time travel with some goofy shit around it (like the cult). But no, lets go full Heroes / Sphere. Lame. Gaaaaay as fuck as well and please dont be insulted.

S2 is amazing. I'm not sure I've seen a show with so many likable characters before. They could have switched to any one of them and spent a whole episode following that character and I'd be okay with it. The rowdy three, Priest, Ken, the lovably bumbling small town cops, Bart, the rainbow beast girl, Suzy, or even her son.

yeah, user. I really liked this show. sucks it got canned.

Well, to be fair, the second season was too goofy.

Which is exactly like the books. The first book is about time-travel shenanigans, and is rather grounded and serious (relatively) and the second book is a goofy thing that meanders and loses focus all the time, trying to get Dirk to find Odin, or something. I don't remember it was too goofy.

That tracks perfectly with the series.

Keeping with the books, season 3 will be two episodes, and then turn into an episode of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, then get canceled outright. Then Max Landis will die.

>subverted
if I hear this stupid meaningless word one more fucking time, I'm going to stop seeding my torrents.

lol get fucked soy boy
his only claim to fame will always be his shit opinions and his killer dad

no

Focusing so much on Blackwing was a mistake. The Dirk/Bart mirrors in Season 1 were great, everything about it was fucking fantastic. But Season 2 just destroyed the formula and instead made this lame entourage of wacky characters talking with weird voices.
Don't even get me started with Ken's "evolution".
Season 1 should have ended with them creating the agency and we should have had more regular cases that didn't involve a great overarching plot.

I hope the cuck is chased out of hollywood

Aw man, this show was fun and different. First fucking Blood Drive and now this.

yeah

He's still around, he's basically Wheatley from Portal 2 now, and so much fun to watch.

>the one who shot and killed the detective in season 1
Saddest scene in Season 1. Neil Brown Jr is fucking hot and Season 2 just didn't have the same appeal without Estevez running around. He was easily my favorite character.

really? cause the trailer is verbatim his script

Aww. I am sad. It WAS starting to go off the rails, but I really liked it.
Oh well.

>I have the feeling that Max, in his autism, had everything sorted out in his head and subverted it already without even properly showing it to the audience.
Yes, or it just ended up on the cutting room floor. But the effect is the same.

>Keeping with the books, season 3 will be two episodes, and then turn into an episode of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, then get canceled outright. Then Max Landis will die.
LOL

It just looks like Alien Nation with faeries.

And Gently was too fucking Hipster.
That aesthetics's dead. It reeks of the 00s ffs.

>tfw bart is in blackwing forever

everyone on this abysmal starshit complaining board can bite it

huh, were they good?
by episode 6 i was pissed off at the pace, i haven't watched 8 and 9 i think.

You sound underage.

>i haven't watched 8 and 9 i think
DO YOU NOT KNOW WHAT YOU WATCH?

Max Landis doesn't deserve anything other than to have his terrible sexual indiscretions finally come to light.