First order down to a couple ships

>first order down to a couple ships
>rebels down to a small group
>republic is shattered

So who is in charge? Who is the ruling political force? I mean the galaxy contains thousands of planets.

>the galaxy contains thousands of planets.

this map is no longer cannon and you should stop caring about Disney's Star Wars.

He obviously means inhabited, in-lore planets not every planet in the galaxy you fucking brainlet

this you autist

>being this stupid

i was sure when snoke got smoked and smuggler did his betrayal thing that he would be the antagonist of the third movie

guess not

is that your special ed sports club? Your friends look like nice people user.

>>first order down to a couple ships
This, why didn't they send a message to part of the fleet so they could jump right in front of the Resistance fleet and surround them?
Even a couple of star destroyers would do nicely.

>kinoine

Are they, though?

The worldbuilding is so awful that it's impossible to tell how large/powerful their army is. The "Resistance" at least had the decency of having ALL their forces annihilated on-screen (which is a different kind of fucking stupid), except for a dozen blokes and the Millenium Falcon.

>major trade routes
Those are just fucking lines connecting star systems Lucas is a stupid hack.

I bet you’re the guy who made the thread whining about “obvious Disney shills” on Sup Forums lmao

As if Disney would waste their time on a group that doesn’t pay to see movies

>Spiral Galaxy
>100 Billion + planets
>hundreds of sentient hyperspace capable species
>Able to cross the galaxy in just a few days
>only "thousands" of inhabited planets

It's ok guys, I know you think Sci-fi is complicated and that Star Wars is really confusing but, just try to engage that grey matter, really get that 76 IQ revving up and it'll make sense

>galactic empire
That is something larger than every human civilization that has existed put together in combined land territory and admisnistrative functions. Such a civilization would be IMPOSSIBLE TO take down except through economic sabotage but I mean ITS SO FUCKING BIG that bankrupting a tiny spec of the milky way arm wont do shit to the rest of the empire. I mean its the size of a fucking galaxy you need absolutely amazing level technology to even do this kind of shit and some stupid resistance cant stop this, not even an opposing army could stop this.

>trying to rationalise fucking """Star Wars"""
stop being so autistic its just a movie for kids and maybe some teenagers.

in anh there was only one star destroyer because budgets
then we saw more sd and the fleet of both rebels and empire in rotj was quite big
in the prequels the fleets were also gigantic and made you feel that there really was a glactic war culminating in the coruscant battle
in the cartoon clone wars the number of droids and ships were also enourmous but already with the cgi clone wars we saw fleets protecting planets consising only of one cruiser
the sense of scale in nu wars is totally fucked and with the lightspeed being able to crash ships and pass shields nothing matters anymore

There are many shows built on taking down an evil empire, but the empire is JUST ONE COUNTRY around the size of Germany I think on average not even a continental scale country like the USA or India. Just imagine how hard it would be for a resistance to take down Germany the country today and a galactic empire is so unfathomably vastly beyond this it would break your brain.

Its a small galaxy

IT'S SCIFI-*FANTASY*
JUST TURN OFF YOUR BRAIN
ARE YOU A FUCKING RACIST

Star Wars, like a lot of sci-fi, has serious trouble with the scale of its universe. The ending of RotJ never quite made sense to me because the Empire must have only lost a fraction of its forces at Endor.

this is bothering me too. how much does the first order control? do they own kashyyk and shit? are they just the same as the empire? what was the point of episode 6?

TFA should have opened with an introduction explaining exactly how the empire became the first order and how come the resistance is so tiny when at the end of RotJ in the Lucas versions everyone in every allied planet was shooting fireworks and cheering.

Just give me a pie chart. I fucking love pie charts.

if they would've blown up coruscant they could say that every system is now on their own but they don't mention this
in the nulore books the new republic got rid of 90% of their fleet and all their remaining ships were in the hosnian system, a literally who system cause disney didn't had the balls to blow up coruscant
then the resistance were the only ones fighting the first order, all of that just so disney could repeat the rebel empire of the ot
these movies are a soft reboot/remake but because jj already copy anh so much ryan put the rotj throne room in tlj to hide it a little
it's a fucking shame, any user from here could've made better plots

>Le "it's just a movie for kids" parrot
Learn to form your opnions, you skinny penis beta fuck

no one at the end of rotj says that the empire is gone, they are celebrating the death of the emperor wich made every imperial gobernor fight between them and collapse the empire
mind you that after the empire blew up alderaan everyone hated them and when the death star blew up their upper hand disappeared, the empire revealed itself just before loosing their power

>91785553
>So who is in charge? Who is the ruling political force? I mean the galaxy contains thousands of planets.

Dis all parta meesa's plan. Yousa first order and resistance all gone. Now meesa control all da galaxy and da spice

You're wrong and you're a grotesquely ugly freak.

Thanks.

Something like this

after decades of infight the imperial remnant has reorganized in the first order, born from an expeditionary fleet that returned from exploring the unknow regions and discobered and ancient being powerful in the dark side

the new republic pacifist policy have made them vulnerable and leia organa has assemble a private army to fight on their own

meanwhile luke skywalker has banished
and yada yada

probably a bunch of different forces
the rebels still have allies on other planets but they were apparently not interested in getting into this battle

where is the kessel run and how did the falcon do it in 12 parsecs?

what?

OAAAAAAAAAGH

Blowing up an entire planet and destroying the whole republic is beyond stupid.

>So who is in charge?

BUT THE PEOPLE, OFF COURSE! COMMUNISM!

>map of space
>its two dimensional

They address this in those eu books that aren't canon anymore. Basically the Empire splits as the admirals and governors start seizing ships and troops, declaring themselves the new emperor, and so on.

Is stellaris 2d?

i like that lore about the founding of the first order, makes sense.

but the republic part is pretty lame.

i guess there will be 8 more movies about what happened between VI and VII

This. Also sheev comes back as a clone and tries to start the dark empire or some shit.

it was done by making some alterations to the falcon

So the happy ending to the trilogy is a galaxy torn apart once again by constant war?

The way I see it (not that it matters at this point) despite the butchering and irrationality going on at disney is:
> First Order are a sub-faction of the Empire Remnants
> Gain power in the unknown region
> Star Killer base wiped out most of the Republics fleet at the core planets
> Resistance is a sub-faction of the republic so are naturally smaller
> Openning scrawl says the First Order Legions have been sent across the Galaxy to conquer it
> So the Empire Remnants are united now, built up and flooding the galaxy
> Meanwhile in TLJ the remnants of the Resistance is being chased while the remnants of the republic ("our allies" as Leia calls them) are battling across the galaxy defending their own planets
Not that I expect the next movie to be any good, but realistically the people and remnants of the republic should all come together with what's left of the resistance for some big battles.

I also would've thought the whole indoctrinating of the young into the First Order thing would have been explored a bit more and be part of Luke's role in the resistance, to stop their production so to speak.

Anyway who gives a fuck.

>how much does the first order control?
literally nothing
>do they own kashyyk and shit?
no
>are they just the same as the empire?
yes, they are the remnants of it
>what was the point of episode 6?
no idea, the story was retarded and made no sense.

What also makes no sense is how does the first order have a weapon/spaceship planet more powerful than pretty much the entire Empire combined at its peak?

This logic isn't even touching what the implications of a galactic organised society would look like. Nobody in such a world would act like characters in Star Wars. "People" in such a world like Star Wars would inevitably be zen monk transhumanist higher beings. Yoda would be considered a toddler, in terms of intellectual providence.

oh thanks kind sir.

Only way for a galactic empire to work out is to make the citizens have a tribal hive like attachment to the concept so they defend it insanely at all times and never try to splinter.

I mean a star system empire already has enough resources for post scarcity so a galactic empire is just stupid to a human.

>Something that makes sense
>Something made by JJ Abrams

Well...

so are the only militaries in the entire galaxy of like a hundred trillion sentients the first order and the resistance? everyone else is just kind of cool with the first order running around nuking their planets?

don't dig too deep into fiction, you'll notice holes and inconsistencies and you'll just get annoyed

step away from the lore, it's just entertainment for a few hours.

No, i dont remember what button, probably alt but you can change the angle and see that the galaxy is indeed 3d, though the maps arent dense enough to make very good use of it

its lame cause thats the oficial story of the disney canon I would've get rid of the resistance and made a new republic have a proper army and fleet

If this is going where I think it is going. Then there is a third group that is behind the Resistance and First Order. Arranged for them to fight each other and blow up the Republic. So that they can come in and take over. which will be stopped by Rey and Ben Solo. Once they come together and stop being light/dark and are in balance.

now of course if someone half competent was writing. it would be Remnant and Thrawn as the third faction. Who used the First Order to eliminate political rivals and extremists from Remnant, and have them take all the blame for devastating the Republic. So when Thrawn and his new Empire show up. Everyone will think they're saviors.

Don't know how he has the power to beat both factions even after TLJ. I mean the First Order rose up as an extreme faction that drew the remnants to them, as well as recruiting and indoctrinating heaps more soldiers from the populace that went unnoticed (besides by the resistance) in the unknown region of space. How Thrawn would build up his own faction of the Empire remnants seems a bit unrealistic.

Pretty much. At the time a society grows to a type 3, any notion of seperation is basically stone age. Look at Earth right now. We're connected to the point where people on twitter report on Osama Bin Laden's death before any news agency gets to it. How could Palpatine get away with order 66 in such a climate? It's a fantasy franchise. Disney has just downplayed the "galactic" scope, and made the conflict more like OT, which makes sense. In a way you could argue that the special edition of RotJ is what makes what's going on now, seem a bit lacking, since it makes more sense if things wheren't as connected as they were during the occupation of Utapau, or whatever.

The Force Awakens did away with all of that world building cause they needed to re-make Star Wars

>doubling down on retardation

>How could Palpatine get away with order 66
By controlling the FTL comm network.

The Force itself is FTL. Whenever shit goes down in any part of the galaxy, all Jedi in the story can sense it occuring.

Space is flat. Now one can really prove otherwise.

That's why he memed them at the same time. Don't you remember yoda having a stroke on kashyyk in ep III.

well the simplest way to do it, is that Thrawn takes his fleet and others and fucks off to the Outer Rim after Endor. Waiting at an Empire Outpost that is out of most people's notice. Using his supporters in Remnant to build up and get the First Order going.

>republic are portrayed as the good guys but they disarm themselves and do nothing about the empire which is more powerful than ever somehow, so while good, they are aiding the fascists with their lack of anti empire authoritarianism
>individuals who are angry with this inaction form/Join the resistance and begin attacking the first order

>yfw the entire plot of starwars has been intentionally reduced by disney to nothing but totally obvious on the nose pro antifa PUNCH LE NAZIS Propaganda

Kekd heartily, good one

The trade routes cause planets to get colonized around them, like in real life how the gold rush cause boom towns.

Not to mention there's still the rest of the Chiss, who are pretty powerful but keep to themselves. I don't remember Thrawn's connection to them other than being one but that would be a fairly easy way to explain where all these resources are coming from.

Shhhh goy
Sleep now

>So the happy ending to the trilogy is a galaxy torn apart once again by constant war?
Pretty much. It is Star Wars, after all.

Uhh... galaxies do pretty much exist on a 2D plane. Galaxies aren't spheres for a very specific reason.

Who the fuck are you even rebelling against when nobody's in charge?

According to Battlefront 2, the First Order has "enough capital ships to reclaim control of the entire galaxy".

Most of the systems as of TFA and TLJ are still New Republic systems, they just got a small problem - their capital, the Senate and their fleet was blown to smithereens. My best bet is that the systems are attempting hold on their own, but it's probable that while TLJ is ongoing, the First Order is also running other operations.

There really isn't a happy ending. They kill the emperor but the vast majority of the galaxy is still occupied by the empire.

In a galaxy with thousands of systems, why would every single jedi (except Kenobi, Yoda and Skywalker) that wasn't in the jedi temple, be accompanied by a troop of clone troopers?

In the clone wars the planet where they were making the clones said they had only 2 MILLION clones ready for combat. 2 FUCKING MILLION. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAHHAAH NIGGA THEY WOULDN'T EVEN BE ABLE TO STABILIZE MEXICO FROM THE CARTELS WITH THAT SHIT

Because they're fucking officers.

because all the jedi were turned into generals and lead clone troopers.

The Patriarchy.

Yeah, that was my original point. All the happy endings and victories in Star Wars only hold up until you actually think about it for more than five seconds. And untold billions are killed repeatedly over the course of millennia as a result of religious wars.

In a realistic world, the Jedi and Sith would be wiped out by the rest of the galaxy and all force sensitive newborns would be euthanised.

It's the resistance not the rebellion, resisting the invasion of the first order.

WHAT'S THE EMPIRE'S TAX POLICY?

Realistic. Although the movies might not be.

In AotC they say the clone army is in the thousands, not millions.

It's always been a small scope lore.

How are Jedi and Sith the problem? Its the tech of the empire that makes them unstoppable not their force user.

>according to Battlefront 2
#NotMyBattlefront

Where the fuck did they get all those ships, anyway? Did they find another Star Forge lying around?

Doesn't it sound stupid, though? "The Sith have been extinct for a millennia" Shouldn't there have been more Jedi than clone troops?

*Actually come to think of it, why was the Star Forge not used in the new movies? It fits the basic "evil superweapon" idea but it also fills plotholes like "how did the first order get so strong". It's an infinitely better idea than "dude let's just make a bigger death star".

>Shouldn't there have been more Jedi than clone troops?

Not really. Jedi rely on orphan babies and babies willingly given up by parents, and those babies have to be able to use the force, which is really rare. Then it takes decades to train just one Jedi.

If you feel like losing a few brains cells, check out the EU. The Star Wars universe is torn apart on a regular basis so the Sith and Jedi can have their religious wars. This has been going on, in universe, for literally thousands of years.

Lots of extensive mining operations, lots of corrupt senators, lots of corrupt weapon distributors and lots of time.

Maybe a star forge too, who knows.

The Jedi Temple is larger than the Senate building. There should be Jedi everywhere, not being offed by order 66.

The sequel trilogy should have been about a Lex Luthor type character who hates the Force and wants to eradicate all Force users.

Check out Aftermath novels and Battlefront 2, if you want to know how the Empire went down in canon.

You are absolutely right - the Empire is still strong after the Battle of Endor. But the Emperor's death triggered a series of events that led to its ultimate downfall at the Battle of Jakku.

Their force powers let them influence and in many cases basically control people's minds. In the EU, for a long time most of the Republic's chancellors were Jedi for this reason. Imagine how easy it is to win an election when you can mind control senators into voting for you and powerful people into funding you. Imagine how easy it is to get ships/mercenaries on the cheap when you can basically wave a hand and say "you will give this to me for free" and they'll do it.

It really makes no sense that the entire galaxy hasn't started genociding them at this point.Literally thousands of years, the same cycle, over and over.

>The Jedi Temple is larger than the Senate building
So what? There are only a couple thousand senators. And Jedi are autistic monks with huge amounts of space devoted to libraries, fountains, etc., from what we can see in the movie not much of the place is living quarters.

That would have been great. Fuck it, throw in a powerful but old former jedi who also fell from their status as a Sith lord and simply wants to destroy the force itself, like Kreia.

My bad. I could have sworn they'd gone back to calling themselves the Rebellion again.

?Galaxy's don't have thousands of planets?

You're right in that respect, I think they mention it as a new rebellion and they get called rebel scum, even though they're the resistance. It's a bit of a wank.

Please don't take offense when I put things in terms of hyperbole, but:

How fucked in the head is Disney when random assholes on Sup Forums are coming up with better story ideas than people getting paid millions of dollars?

Every senator in the galaxy can fit in the auditorium. There are more than a couple of children born with a high midiclorian count in the entire galaxy.

It's just stupid and not believable.
I'm not saying this to dispute the movies, I'm saying it because OP doesn't really matter to the in-world logistics - since they've never been in place, anyway - but what the new triology claims, that the OT doesn't claim, is that this dispute is a galactic issue.

Finn calls himself a "rebel scum" in TLJ, so not your fault