Suicide Squad outsells CW, Deadpool, BvS

>Academy-Award winning Suicide Squad has now surpassed Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Captain America: Civil War and Deadpool in terms of both Blu-Ray and DVD sales. The movie has now already sold 1.6 million Blu-Ray copies and 971,026 DVD copies, while Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice has sold 1.5 million Blu-Ray copies and 619,096 DVD copies, and that has been out on home entertainment since last July.

>Academy-Award winning Suicide Squad is also ahead of fellow comic book movies Captain America: Civil War and Deadpool in home media sales. In comparison, Captain America: Civil War made $46.4 million in Blu-Ray sales within the same time period and Deadpool made $46.8 million. Do keep in mind that all of these comparisons are only taking into account the first four weeks of home entertainment sales

So why did this movie do so well? It got a bad RT score and we hate it, shouldn't it have flopped?

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/23xk0Q6Z
youtu.be/Qk-EbfeGmME
the-numbers.com/movie/Green-Lantern#tab=video-sales
the-numbers.com/movie/Suicide-Squad#tab=video-sales
the-numbers.com/movie/Captain-America-Civil-War#tab=video-sales
the-numbers.com/movie/Deadpool#tab=video-sales
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Harley.
LOLRANDOM girls sell these days.

I don't give a fuuuuuuck if that movie were to somehow stop the apocalypse. I still dont like it.

>trying to spread your propaganda to a new board

'no'

Here is a ranking of the total domestic video sales:

Deadpool - $90.6 million
Captain America: Civil War - $73.1 million
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - $72.7 million
Suicide Squad - $71.0 million
X-Men: Apocalyse - $29.1 million

pastebin.com/23xk0Q6Z of Op's article(clickbait)

Outsells as in total quantity, not total money made.

Is this the normal version? Or the one with added content? This is an important question.

What I'm interested in is how Deadpool did better in Home Market than Civil War. That's impressive.

Suicide Squad:
Budget: $175 million
WW Box Office: $745.6 million
Home Market: $70.9 million

CA:Civil War:
Budget: $250 million
WW Box Office: $1.153 billion
Home Market: $73 million
DP:
Budget: $58 million
WW Box Office: $783.1 million
Home Market: $90.5 million

(posted from the other thread till mods kill this propaganda thread.)

you're going down op.

>X-Men: Apocalyse - $29.1 million
I dunno, I didn't think it was that bad. Okay, it was bad, but not THAT fucking bad.

this.
My wife loved Harley character and I think is safe to assume that every girl between 15-40 did plus a lot of "normies" guys

Womyn. Bitches love abusive relationships.

>tfw some trailer trash hamebeast I work with got SS harley tattooed on her arm
The fucking movie hasn't even been out for a year yet and suddenly everyone's just been a fan of the character forever now.

woah, normies like it? that means i LOVE it

>first the oscar
>now this
there truly is no god

this means WW and JL will be successful doesn't it

>no Harley
>no Joker

nope

>MARVEL'S BEST BEATEN BY DC'S WORST
>AGAIN

DRONIE BRONIES BTFOOOOOOOOOO

Its been out for weeks? I've not seen a Display for it anywhere.

Ah well it looks like DC gets the Transformers pathway to success. Good Luck.

Money they'll have to switch out Harley into film three or four.

Welcome to the Deadpool fandom I say this recent Animated Film coming out will be the last we see of classic Harley for a long while.

It's not, but it's just not worth rewatching.

That just means its a cheaper film. Which fits that Harley.

Obligatory
>youtu.be/Qk-EbfeGmME

Why would you do that? Just lying on the Internet?

Bitches love Harley and the Joker.

>tfw literally went to watch this with a fucking party van of 20+ people
>girls wet themselves for Jared Leto
>dudes liked the Joker's new look
>went a second time to bring my nieces
>dyed their hair like Harley

>implying letokino isn't better than BVS
Marvel Zombie detected

Deadpool didn't end up on Netflix within 6 months.

And they said winning an Oscar wouldn't amount to anything.

To add: my own mother is Leto's age and she wanted to watch it because of him, so I bought it on iTunes (her account, but still).

The rights to DP were bought early by people like HBO, actually.

Wow that's like a Black Hole of taste right there.

This is true, but neither is SS.

Why even put the title on the box. We know that's not what people look at when they see ACADEMY AWARD.

SS isn't even worth Finishing. Shitty clusterfuck of a film.

I just can't stand a film where the people we're told are the leads don't seem to give a shit or are that good at acting.

>THIS WON AN OSCAR?!
- people stupid enough to buy this shitty movie

It sold more than apocolapse

>>Academy-Award winning Suicide Squad

Well for Makeup supposedly though all the guy did was rant about Trump during his acceptance.

Guess its the one they needed to win to get that message across like the "Oh shit we've got to get a Black Film to win best picture, switch the envelopes."

girls think she is so quirky and guys think margot robbie is hot
nothing surprising

I would watch it again just for the hilarious Auschwitz scene.

good job DC
now you have finally become the Normie movie company while marvel is for the hardcore fans

Teen pregnancy? Shotgun wedding?

nope
I think WW will flop
JL might just make some money but not hit 1b that will save the dceu from becoming the batman cinematic universe

She had me at 20, I'm 25.

>batman cinematic universe

That's a way better idea.

Is that real?

of course it is

And? It's still a terrible movie.

that means it can't support deluxe sets, director's cuts or, most likely, a theatrical audience for a sequel

Green Lantern sold 2.3 million BluRay/DVD copies (1,365,952 DVD, 1,051,160 BluRay) in about 35 weeks of release, but you don't see anybody pushing that as a non-flop, do you? because people waited for the video rather than be seen dead in that theater

the-numbers.com/movie/Green-Lantern#tab=video-sales

How old is the article you're quoting, OP? Because it looks to be about 5 months out of date.

the-numbers.com/movie/Suicide-Squad#tab=video-sales

DVD 1,138,368 BluRay 1,667,668 units

$70,961,140 combined

It also looks like SS averaged a $30 BluRay price (compared to GL's $22 average), which is better than nothing.

Compared to the other named movies, however:

Captain America: Civil War DVD 1,084,567 BluRay 2,732,181 (with a big December spike - a very popular gift in 2016) @ $71,871,018 combined;

the-numbers.com/movie/Captain-America-Civil-War#tab=video-sales

Deadpool DVD 2,227,723 BluRay 3,223,179 (also a popular December sale) @ $90,585,223 combined;

the-numbers.com/movie/Deadpool#tab=video-sales

BvS:DoJ DVD 1,157,966 BluRay 2,237,720 (but apparently not a popular gift) @ $72,708,946 combined

tl;dr you're using 5 month old data

>didn't outsell BvS in units/dollar
>outsold Civil War on DVD but not on total dollars; sold 1.1 million fewer BluRays than Civil War
>didn't outsell Deadpool in units/dollar
>eye-wateringly high BluRay price compared to these releases accounted for most of Suicide Squad's home video money

I just watched it for the first time this weekend, and I was just baffled at how much of a mess it was. Like, it seemed like they filmed a decent movie, and then cut things and added in scenes that just screwed up the end product.

This one is actually true. Apocalypse had terrible home video sales.

It straight up sold more copies, possibly at a higher unit price. Haven't checked that.

However, that's not necessarily good news - strong fan-ownership of a franchise can easily lead to audiences abandoning sequels at the first sign of them doing something different, and sometimes just because they're sequels.

you get your wish in 2019
>The Batman
>Batgirl
>Nightwing
>Gotham City Sirens

they aren't even hiding that it's a Batman universe now

>Academy-Award winning
People care about Hollywood fellating each other?

Because even if DC loses, they win.

Huh. I honestly couldn't stand her (I'm a girl in that age range). Could just be because I still remember her original iteration in BTAS, and hated how she was basically just some psychotic clown hooker in this. Or maybe it's because they devoted too much time to her (needlessly edgy) flashbacks/backstory rather than fleshing out some of the other Squad members.

>Suicide Squad outsells CW, Deadpool, BvS
I wonder why...

You've gotta admit, Croc's makeup job was pretty impressive. I don't see how it could nab an award for the entire film, but...

the Star Trek make up was FAR better. But asking the Oscars to care about Star Trek is more laughable than them caring about capes

charles foster cane is rolling in his grave