Was making a shit movie part of his plan?

Was making a shit movie part of his plan?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/14648964/
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1513551839821.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=jK8K8gE9zq0
youtube.com/watch?v=Kj3opk1QFTM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

He wants to set people free from the yoke of the eternal waste that is Star Wars.

I bet you’re the guy who made the thread whining about “obvious Disney shills” on Sup Forums lmao.

As if Disney would waste their time on a group that doesn’t pay to see movies

Is he crashing this franchise with no survivors?

You're a big shill

Of course. The audience refused our offer. We had to find out what the audience told you.

If I pulled the big name off, would it die?

Of corush

It would be extremely painful

U U U U

WELL CONGRATULATIONS YOU MADE A SHIT MOVIE! WHATS THE NEXT STEP OF YOUR MASTER PLAN?

>ep 7
>rehashed story & old characters.
>who cares if it's good: as long as it's nostalgic
>ep. 8
>crazy never before seen shit in sw
>who cares if it's good: all long as it's divisive

SO WHATS THE NEXT STEP OF YOUR MASTER PLAN???

Killing this franchise...
WITH NO SURVIVORS

I cannot wait for Half in the Bag to come out and everyone suddenly acts like they loved it the whole time.

He has a really punchable egg head

For you

Yesh. The box office rises.

I just wants the memes, Star Wars has been shit since 1983

I bet you’re the guy who made the thread whining about “obvious Disney shills” on Sup Forums lmao

I bet you’re the guy who made the thread whining about “obvious Disney shills” on Sup Forums lmao.

Broken bot

Let's find out once and for all:
strawpoll.me/14648964/
strawpoll.me/14648964/
strawpoll.me/14648964/

Thats a big poll

I remember reading a feature when pictures first leaked for TLJ. Rian Johnson said then that he was going to shoot the movie he wanted to and "would let the next guy figure it out." Even then I knew he wasn't just telling a joke.

Brothers Bloom was pretty good, Looper was pretty meh.

Everyone figured it had a 50/50 chance of being good.

Me, I had fun. That's all I really ask for. I don't worry too much about the story as long as the movie is fun.

I'm just glad it wasn't a total rehash like TFA was.

did he even have enough creative control to take the blame?

I actually liked Looper, and I still think TLJ was terrible. Are there any director-for-hire franchise movies that actually end up reflecting the director in any way?

Disney expects someone in the wreckage brother

Episode 9

It’s actualky legitimately good.

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1513551839821.webm

What will be worse, The Last Jedi or Avengers 3? Taking bets now, nuWars vs king of capeshit.

>Are there any director-for-hire franchise movies that actually end up reflecting the director in any way?
What are some other examples?

Virtually all capeshit. Basically anything that's fully planned and written before a director comes on board. Any sequel that has no input by the original writer/director etc.

Avengers 3 is going to be downright awesome and you know it.

Oh, definitely The Last Jedi. Although, seeing Disney not go through with the dark turn Luke Skywalker looked like he was going to take makes me doubt if Infinity War will actually lead to a hard, bloody reset like I hope.

>makes competent succesful movie
>literally everyone talking about it
>Sup Forums retards: SHIT WARS IS FINISHED *masturbates to anime wearing maga hat*

I'm sure they're at least going to kill off some of their expendable characters like Vision. And they could drop Iron Man so they stop having to pay RDJ.

doesnt compare, at least not to me
avengers man.... they are pretty much the same shit from iron man, evolved to be bigger and more programmed for the audience, but essentially i always expected what i got
but this stuff with star wars.. it hits somewhere where it makes me sad
which is stupid and i know it, its movies we're talking about, but it hits anyway, dont know why

I was hoping all of the main Avengers would die, retire or fuck off back to their planets essentially

Was this part of his plan?

You're completely right, though. Some people may not like what Avengers does, but Avengers is internally consistent, there's no doubt about that. Star Wars, meanwhile, is an absolute thrashing of the property that doesn't resemble the OT at all. It's like "Avengers: Star Wars edition."

Well that would be kind of silly since some of them are already confirmed to have more movies after Avengers and superheroes don't really quit anyway. But I kind of get what you mean. Honestly I'd enjoy these movies more if they didn't have to be some big dumb interconnected universe. That's why GotG is good - it stands alone.

NOTHING

holy fuck this is rian johnson?

He looks like a brainlet version of nostalgia critic

I may not be up-to-date, but as I understand it only GotG and Spiderman have confirmed movies and the contracts for the original Avengers are running out. Meanwhile they have people like Captain Marvel who are (presumably) going to replace them as face of the frachise

I agree with you about interconnected universes, though. It worked up until the first Avengers, now it just feels like too much, a lot of hoops to jump through to make sure everything connects

look at any photo of rian johnson and his "girlfriend"....you can tell she's cucking him.

i am 100% certain his "gf" is banging other men, or fantasizing about it and also doing it regularly.

last jedi is pure kino

>Sup Forums is so desperate to find something to criticize about this highly successful film that they project their personal fantasies onto Rian Johnson

>he doesn't realize that he is a slave as well
You have no one to bitch at without Star Wars fans.

go to bed rian

He has the simpering meekness particular to nu-males that one can not help but despise.

Go to Sup Forums, /poltard.

Did you just learn the word simpering today and want to show off your new vocabulary?

go to bed tumblr.

I really hope this is someone pretending to be you to discredit you

you too, what a shitshow

No.

He's just dumb. And he ruined Star Wars.

That's a heavy load to carry. To be the man who ruined Star Wars. It's like being the man who ruined Christmas or the man who ruined baseball or sex.

It's horrifying

He's damaged the brand, and everyone knows his trilogy isn't happening.

>makes widely reviled (by fans, not corporate hacks) film
>shits on 40 years of themes and lore
>but doesn't do so in an exciting or interesting way, just in a chubby passive aggressive I let other men fuck my wide pomo type way.
>admiral holdo
>a thing

The movie will easily surpass The Prequels as the nadir of this series

The delusion of this website in general is ridiculous. People actually think companies pay them to post things on this website.

How stupid do you have to be?

Nows not the time for review bombing, that comes later

It's just an excuse Sup Forums made up that they could use to shut down disagreement, and it worked so well that it spread everywhere. I don't think they actually believe it. What they do believe is that saying it makes them win the argument.

BRAVO RIAN JOHNSON

Correct The Record™ spent around $10 million posting on Sup Forums, Reddit, etc. (in particular on /pol) during the election

youtube.com/watch?v=jK8K8gE9zq0

Do you know how many times I've been accused of being CTR just for having a liberal opinion? It's a boogeyman.

do you watch anime

youtube.com/watch?v=Kj3opk1QFTM
I believe so

Yes, actually. Lately I've been thinking of the trap from Fate/Apocrypha a lot.

>fatefag

Not really. I've never watched the show.

Nobody in disney has a plan for star wars

Pussy can’t even grow a proper beard

That's called having a well trimmed beard you disgusting hobo.

>2017
>having a liberal opinion

Sensitive girly boy detected

Dude looks like someone gave yoda human makeup.
What a disgusting goblin face.

The unbelievable part is nobody at Disney noticing that this won't work after reading the script.

Like seriously, what the fuck? Do none of those people understand Star Wars?

Needed more big guys

user, I'm 39 and I went to see TLJ alone. I have no shame admitting I had panic attacks, when I looked out at the audiences, and waited for the screen's light to change so I could examine if strangers' facial expressions were as dour and sad as mine were becoming. But most of the faces seemed happy, especially the little girls'. That's when I panicked. I literally went to the restroom and patted down my face. I was convinced I was being trolled, which sounds crazy, but as soon as I saw Hamill it just seemed impossible user, that I've waited my entire life for Luke's return, only to be daggered in the heart. Youngfags simply cannot comprehend the depth of this loss. It's not simply a bad movie. It's like someone took a blackboard eraser to my hopes and dreams. Luke was my hero from age 6 to now. I used to draw Luke-centric cartoons and send them to Lucasfilm. Yes, I received air freshners of R2D2 and Ewoks, and autographs (!) that I eventually had to sell due to a health matter (diabetes, avoid it if you can). I had a cardboard cutout of Luke, a standee, that my mom would measure my height with as a boy. The year I went to college I was exactly Hamill' height. I took it as a sign. So yes, there are millions of guys like me, white guys who didn't exactly succeed but we had Luke to be victorious, until Disney daggered me. Walking to my car after TLJ was one of the worst memories I'll ever have. I was so confused. I read IMDB reviews on my phone to confirm I had seen the real movie. I fell apart in my car. My heater was broken. Literally the only thing to make it worse was if niggers tapped on my window with a gun and bottle of malt liquor. If any anons are attached to movies like me, please turn back. Disney will buy your cherished property and rape it against its will by the time you're an adult. Don't let yourself become like the millions of Luke fans. Use better judgement!

They expect someone in the wreaked rian

The Last Jedi director Rian Johnson killed off Snoke as it was deemed necessary to advance Kylo Ren with a compelling set-up for Episode IX. When asked if he ever planned to elaborate on Snoke's back-story, Johnson replied, "It would have stopped any of these scenes dead cold if he had stopped and given a 30-second speech about how he's Darth Plagueis. It doesn't matter to Rey. If he had done that, Rey would have blinked and said, 'Who?' And the scene would have gone on. [pause] And I'm not saying he's Darth Plagueis!"

Damn, I could put all my groceries in those eye bags. How do you even end up like this?

It's called getting old. You'll know what it's like someday.

I'm sorry bro. That's just crushing.

Honestly, I'm pretty successful but I still walked to my car that night with the EXACT same empty, dead feeling.....like someone just shot my dog.....that you did.

Whether I had 10 million dollars or 0 dollars, Luke Skywalker and Star Wars was this constant good thing that was always sort of there. Like when you think of your first crush or when your favorite team won the World Series when you were 10 years old...even the passing thought of it made you feel good and transported you to a time when the world was made of possibilities. It's all shot now.

Fuck Rian Johnson. Fuck Kathleen Kennedy. Fuck Disney.

Demoralization first

>Rian Johnson on explaining Snoke - "it would have stopped those scenes dead cold"

If only.

I'd have paid real money to stop that disaster of a movie dead cold.

>look it up
>he actually said this
Man, what the fuck. The film had so many sluggish scenes and he didn't even attempt to take a few moments out of this two and a fucking half hour movie to answer a few questions? Seriously I was expecting this movie to explain at least a few things they didn't explain before and all we got is "Luke almost killed his nephew" and "Rey's parents are nobody... maybe."

Guess I'll have to read the books if I want to actually learn something about this new world. I don't remember the OT being this reliant on side material for worldbuilding.

Wow, thanks for sharing user. That's great about your success. Would you be so kind to send me some bitcoin, it'd really help me out, I'd like to buy a plane ticket to see my family. I'll post my BTC id, just say the word. Merry Christmas.

Gosh you guys are such downers. You realize the new movies haven't ruined the most important thing about Star Wars, right? Boba Fett. Boba Fett will always be a badass.