Jack and Time Travel

Anyone else get the feeling he won't go back to the past?

Going back to the past means all of these people he's meet will never have existed.

It'll be either
>he gets his sword back and defeats Aku somehow in the present
Or
>he gets his sword, and even if it hurts him, he decides it's better for everyone if he went back; if they didn't exist at all, it'd mean they wouldn't suffer due to Aku in thr first place

>all of these people he's meet will never have existed
That's not true, they would still exist they just wouldn't need saving, with the possible exception of Ashi and her sisters.

>all of these people he's meet will never have existed
Depends which type of time travel you apply.
If you take a multiverse, than the timeline continues in a parallel dimension. In that case Jack better kills future Aku before he gets back to kill past Aku.

>Jack has had several opportunities to return to the past and chose not to only to save some people
>People who wouldn't even need saving if he just went through the portal and destroyed Aku

that portal was probably cursed

Full LttP ending; Jack goes back to the past and defeats Aku, cut back to the future where we see history being rewritten showing everyone still existing and leading much happier lives.

Butterfly effect nigga. Aku is one big ass butterfly

What about the portal from Jack and the Water Beetle?

If you go back and kill someone, then massive changes will happen.

ending
>jack kills aku in the future
>goes back to save the past
>saves past
>cant go back to the future because he changed the past
>jack cant stand living in the past because hes been a warrior too long
>sedoku

>thinking you can change the past
Back to the Future has ruined generations of fiction

You can't look at time travel that way. Aku fucked the timeline by sending Jack forward in time in the first place. All the people who would've existed, would've been saved, etc by him completing his mission at the correct time are lost if he doesn't go back.

But it's clearly a violation of his code to cause all these people not to exist, he's failed to go back in time repeatedly specifically because his code required to him to value saving people right now above righting was was wronged

changes happen but doesn't mean they all dissapear. plus time travel could be the multiverse effect.

If that were true that universe wouldn't exist at all and we wouldn't be experiencing this loop.

It's just multiverse theory I think.

>If I messed up any of that please tell me I'm an idiot, I don't know a lot about time theories.

All the time portals are gone iirc, he can't go back. Unless another portal of some sort shows up in the future or last episode where he has to sacrifice it to finally kill Aku. From what we know with Jack is that he sacrifices his desires for the sake of others, which would probably be the end game of the series.

Should've been obvious at the start of the season.

Either that or he's going to die. Maybe both.

>aku tears open another portal
>sends jack back the past
watch

Except he's fated to use the guardian's portal and we've seen the future where he does

But by going back, he'd be saving all the billions of people who Aku has already killed.

portals aren't the only way, the spacesuit guys were going to use their ship's hyper drive to send him back, jacks ageless,after he defeats Aku he can take his time trying to find others at that level or track them down in space.

But now, there's no statues. Nobody remembers him, and he goes back to being just a regular Jack

>But by going back, he'd be saving all the billions of people who Aku has already killed.
His code ain't logical though, if it was he already would have done that

>just a regular Jack
WATCHA

FINALLY GOT BACK
BACK TO THE PAST
REGULAR JACK

If he kills aku he's definitely going to instantly age and die though

There's no way home for him now. That's why he nearly committed suicide. Because he knew he had failed his original mission and brought dishonour on himself, according to his culture.

What stopped him is the realization that he's needed here and now by all the people that look up to him as a symbol of hope. He's realized its okay to let go of the past and fight for the future.

He's not a man. He's an unstoppable tidal wave of goodness that changes everybody in his path.

Jack's mission is to go back in time and stop Aku. That is his purpose. You cunts need to stop fucking trying to pretend it's not.

Jack will go back to kill Aku in his time, but Ashi will stay in the future to get past the whole dilemma of Jack abandoning a world to Aku.

This

>Nobody remembers him
Why wouldn't history remember him as the dude who fucked up aku?

>Anyone else get the feeling he won't go back to the past?

I think it's pretty obvious Jack is going to die and Ashi is going to take up his mantle.

History would be bound to forget him asuming enough thousands of years happened.

For all we know we are living in a timeline where Jack killed Aku

He might actually do that, which may be the ending Gennedy mentioned making it tragic. But I thought it was a result of the portal that brought him here, not directly Aku's magic, sort of a side effect of his time travel, for whatever reason.

If that were true there would be a story about it somewhere, since this was around in early fuedal Japan and late enough in time that their cultures formed cities and buildings around the world.

That ghost. It represents his civilization. His people. The mission given to him by his Shogun, his father. His mother. Home.

Banishing that ghost symbolized him letting go and accepting that his old life is gone forever. His intent to retrieve (reforge?) his divine weapon symbolizes his new sense of meaning and purpose.

I mean sure, but I don't think he would be deemed THAT highly.

2017 years later people are losing faith in christianity and many people doubt if Jesus even existed, I don't know if a bunch of Japanese people saying some guy came from the future to defeat a tree would keep up for whatever the time the series take place.

Yeah, I think that's the reason Jack always fails to go back. You can time travel as long as you don't do anything that didn't "already happen", but Aku obviously was never killed, so that can't be changed.

What if you're right but not entirely.

Perhaps Jack ends up being given a combination option:

He kills Aku in some magical/technological way which results in Aku dying at all points in time: future where his rule is law, the past where he had just recently been transformed from his pit, and the ancient ancient past meaning Odin, Vishnu, and Ra never had to fight the darkness that became Aku in the first place (or Odin just never slices off the piece which transforms into Aku later with Jack's dad's help).

Since Time and Space sometimes have a tendency to stubbornly exist the immense timeline stretching back to the beginning of a universe Jack and all of his future friends exist in refuses to disappear, trapping Jack in this future but saving both his reality and the new, Aku-less reality he'd created.

He's gonna kill Aku and then stay in the future. There is no other ending.

That logic crumbles when people still know Jesus existed. There would eba book somewhere, and it wouldn't be completely lost to time , especially if he affected teh whole of Japan and was enough of a threat to the rest of the world to merit him going to all the other countries to train.

>still know jesus existed
I meant to say that the bible still existed

Im sticking to the alternate timeline thing

jack will destroy aku in the future

this will allow him to go back to the past

he defeats aku and creates a seperate timeline where Aku was destroyed early on. but the original universe still exist parallel and free of aku.

both timelines win

>aku laughing
>another portal opens up behind him
>jack pops out due to past-aku mistakenly throwing him back into the future again
>cuts down aku

watcha

>many people doubt if Jesus even existed

You and your autistic reddit "science loving" friends are not "many people"

>implying I'm not an Agnostic theist

Well aren't you a retarded little faggot, kill yourself. I'm just stating the facts, and the facts are that theist are going down on number, keep crying, bitch nigga.

This, but I think what would be great is that the aging effect on him doesn't go away. He remains an immortal, continues to live on. Fast forward to the present day, Jack lives amongst us in the present, and his story is heard as a legend.

He goes and buys some tea from a shop and steps outside, he proceeds to take a walk in the woods to clear his mind from the city. In the forest he hears a distant song. He goes to find the source, and to his surprise finds a concert with a man looking suspiciously like Will I Am singing the tale of the Samurai, singing the Samurai Jack theme.

Zoom in on Jack's face as he gives a smug smile.

>WACHA

That's not how time travel works, especially not over long distances like this timeframe.

Going back and killing Aku means earth never becomes a refuge planet, people are never born, and of the people who are born, there personalities will be different.