How does Sup Forums feel about the new lore?

How does Sup Forums feel about the new lore?

>The light side must always be as powerful as the dark side
>Since Kylo is growing stronger, the light side of the force is magically making Rey stronger to be as powerful as him.
>This means, if there's 2 dark side users and 10,000 light side users, then those 2 dark side users will be as powerful as all those 1,000 light side users combined
>By killing all those jedi, Vader made Luke, Yoda and Obi-Wan much more powerful
>The more jedi there are, the weaker they become, that's why there's always only 2 sith, that way they are more powerful than any jedi

Rian is a genius, he solved all the plotholes in the past movies

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/14648964/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

He really captured the japanese philosophy about how there must be shadows so there can be fire. Such a bold move.

I kind of believe this. Though one could argue that Dooku got BTFO by Yoda and Anakin and they were just 2 of the thousands of Jedi out there at the time (albeit some of the most powerful)

Same logic with Sheev and Windjiggaboo. He fucked Sheev up.

I do like this theory though.

Absolutely retarded. The Rule of Two had to do with Sith infighting, not fluctuating power level BS.

I'm just sad user.

My Star Wars knowledge is shitty, but was Dooku really a Sith? I thought he was just doing it to take for his own personal gain than be a slave to the dark side

they introduced power levels ("force level") in the recent comics. This level measure the character's affinity with the force

for reference, windu had 17,000 FP, Obi-Wan had 16,000, Yoda had 32,000, Anakin had 39,500

Rey was measured and it got to 50,000,000 and then the machine broke (kinda like the scouters in dragon ball)

>The Rule of Two had to do with Sith infighting
You're now aware that the movies never once explained the rule of two, or the reasoning behind it.

>Rey was measured and it got to 50,000,000
she has to be another force rape baby then

Dooku was a Jedi. He trained under Yoda actually.

He was a Sith, given Sith teachings and the like, but Sidious never considered him to be his "true" apprentice. Only a means to an end. As soon as Maul died, Sidious already had Anakin in sights.

>Rey was measured and it got to 50,000,000 and then the machine broke (kinda like the scouters in dragon ball)
This is fucking retarded. I knew Disney would rape the lore, but this is just crazy.

You are now aware that the cartoons that no one watches even if they are canon explained it multiple times

I bet you’re the guy who made the thread whining about “obvious Disney shills” on Sup Forums lmao

As if Disney would waste their time on a group that doesn’t pay to see movies

so it basically read her midiclorian count

not a sith (wasn't allowed into the sith club because palpatine already had anakin in mind)

he was a jedi who disagreed with the jedi council's ways and left the jedi order. He uses the dark side but isn't 100% evil like sheev

I want Rey and Kylo to make babies together :3

ummm midichlorian readers were a thing in the prequels

there's a scene w/ yoda mentioning the rule-of-2, but not stating why

>Rey was measured and it got to 50,000,000
No way this is real

>he was just doing it to take for his own personal gain
this is practically the definition of being a sith

>but not stating why
Yeah, exactly. It's mentioned, but not explained. For that matter, the Sith are never really explained either. The concept is just introduced in TPM without any context, and none of the prequels do much to explain their history, or what they want besides unlimited power.

The problem isn't the reader, it's the number being read.

>what they want besides unlimited power.
kek what else COULD you want if you had unlimited power

completely made up

Is this really the new lore?

I thought it was just the idea that over time, the light and dark sides of the force in the galaxy are balanced. Sith and Jedi are just extensions of the force. The pure essence of the force will always correct itself one way or another whe none side becomes overrepresented.

This garbsge wasnt the lore when george was in charge faggot

So how did Darth Maul lose and why would Mace Windu have beaten Sheev if Anny didn't interfere

>actually ripping off the shittiest shonen

>she's so powerful and talented and everyone likes her!
>she better not sacrifice herself to save everyone and teach them a big lesson!

>>The light side must always be as powerful as the dark side
>>Since Kylo is growing stronger, the light side of the force is magically making Rey stronger to be as powerful as him.
>>This means, if there's 2 dark side users and 10,000 light side users, then those 2 dark side users will be as powerful as all those 1,000 light side users combined
>>By killing all those jedi, Vader made Luke, Yoda and Obi-Wan much more powerful
>>The more jedi there are, the weaker they become, that's why there's always only 2 sith, that way they are more powerful than any jedi
Why are you misrepresenting shit? "a counterpart would rise". Rey is powerful in of herself, but her emergence (or the emergence of another that is as powerful) was fated. Just how Luke arose to fight the dark side when it was at the peak of its power.

no? the force was all about balance before the movies came out. there cant be too much good or too much bad. its not that 2 sith are as powerful as 10,000 jedi. its that sith in general appear BECAUSE of the 10,000 jedi throwing the force off balance TO balance it. they kill the jedi, force gets balanced again. too many sith, jedi appear to stop them and balance the force.

problem is neither group stops at balancing and tip the scales the other way and unbalance the force all over again. again, this became canon in the clone wars cartoon, which was absorbed fully into the new canon when disney bought star wars

He became a sith you dumb fuck

Mace called HQ and had a lot of Jedi temporarily convert to Sith

>Rian is a genius, he solved all the plotholes in the past movies

>midiclorian machine Broke
You're making shit up, though.

>why build a multiplanet destroying super base that can house the entirety of your massive army instead of throwing rocks at ships?
because the first order isnt retarded

His Sith name was Darth Tyrannus

Starkiller base created a lot of jobs. An asteroid doesn't.

They destroyed the l9re so eveb tbe modt retarded 90s born nerd culture sack of shit could easily understand it. They dont give a fuck that it doesnt fit with the 6 real srar wars movies.

Thats not how the force works cock stain.

First of all, that's not a new thing. That's been bandied around by fans for years.

Second, where are you getting all this bullshit about 'the force made rey strong to counter Kylow"

Did Kylow grow 3x as strong without Snoke once he died and his midichlorians stopped working? Did Rey get the power to move a rock slide after Luke died? Is Leia leeching/hindering Rey's strength?

yes it is. and you know what, its better than it used to be. jedi is a shit religion and its about time they got kicked for being crazy fuckers who also unbalance the force

guy on the left has a mean looking buttplug

>>The light side must always be as powerful as the dark side
>>Since Kylo is growing stronger, the light side of the force is magically making Rey stronger to be as powerful as him.

Nope, it means dark side dude needs light side pussy, and vice versa to balance themselves, it's fucking Disney logic, deal with it SW nerds

hes a mean guy in general, and thats probably why

Please explain "balance to the force". I've never fully understood it

>tfw living a lie for over 900 years
>tfw acting like a know-it-all shithot guru even as a ghost
gfy Yoda you arrogant male. 1000 generations of peace? More like 1000 generations of bullshit.

The jedi were flawed but your interpretation of the force is wrong. It doesnt fit with what george set out at all.

>It doesnt fit with what george set out at all
it doesnt matter because hes the one who rewrote the rules

>cartoon force gods
This is one of the dumbest Star Wars idea ever.
Thank god this shit too retarded to ever be acknowledge by the movies.

They all died anyway.

it used to be the light side was the balance. the only side, basically. but now its this

I wish you gay fucks would stay on /lgbt/

Didn't they retcon that shit to be some sort of "vision quest" anyway?

So, when Snoke died does that mean Luke Skywalker had to die to balance out the force too?

Is that why Yoda dies and then shorty after Sheev dies too?

Seems pretty consistent, and it also balances or help explains why Rey is super strong in the force that explains some of the Mary Sue-ness of her beating Kylo in the first movie.

I don't remember, but when they left the planet no time had passed and no one remembered what happened.

The shit youte talking is closer to disney lore than georges ideas about the force.

kek

These fucking people took Georges balance and completely misinterpreted it.

The "light" side itself is balance. The sith fueling the darkside cause unbalance, Anakin was going to destroy the sith and bring balance to the force by ridding it of all that darkness.

Test

No you are way way off.

Which is funny, because the visual guide that just came out had the correct interpretation of the prophecy and balance in it.
Too bad no one but Pablo read it and Rian didn't give a fuck.

george is the fucking one who made the force into what disney is using. he made it canon in his own self funded show which was marked as canon by disney when they bought it. blame him if you dont like it, but dont act like some intern wrote the show and fucked the lore up. HE did it. george did it himself. and again, its better this way. light being the balance is gay as fuck

This user is correct.

>he made it canon in his own self funded show
The show wasn't canon to the movies. And he didn't actually write the scripts to it or even read them. Just approved of shit.

There is no "light" side of the force. Watch the real movies, there is only ever the Force and the dark corruption of it.

>there must always be balance in the force
The only solution to this is for both the Jedi and Sith to end. Having 0 on both sides is equal.

Where did he say or show this shit?

The show didn't do that though.
The mortis arc ended with all the gods eventually dying, Anakin going mad with the darkside and Obi Wan having to save his ass again.

It showed us that controlling the darkside is impossible, it's a malignant tumor that consumes everything.

Was it though?

Just have a few friendly guys join the sith and agree to a truce

No having no Sith is 0. The light side is balance, now this new definition fucks it up

lol the jews turned George's Rosicrucian "White Magic" into Masonic/Kabbalistic Duality

That's literally impossible, the sith philosophy doesn't work that way. The darkside doesn't work that way.

That's what Lucas said. His idea no longer applies.

All Johnson did was point out the inconsistencies of Lucas' mythos and drive the story forward by focusing on that. That's great and all but there's no conceivable way Luke turns into a child murdering coward who lets the galaxy turn to shit, and wind up burning ancient monuments with ghost Yoda like Beavis and Butthead.

>light being the balance is gay as fuck
Its because the force is like nature. The jedi in their purest form follow the will of the force while the sith harness the power of the force for their own purpose.

the show IS canon. if it wasnt canon before, it is now

in the cartoon you didnt watch

you dont have to control the dark side. what fucking ideas of balance do you guys have? the point is to not close yourself off to emotions like jedi and not to immerse yourself in your passions like the sith. you need balance as a person. its not about being a super force user and having the perks of both sides. you can be angry, you can be calm, but dont do just one. thats why the jedi and sith are bad. their cults force the focus on just one side and throw the force off balance

>His idea no longer applies
his ideas do apply since this new definition WAS his idea

I'm talking stellar guys. Wouldn't hurt a fly kinda guys

You keep repeating this shit little faggot. Prove it.

who was max von sydow in the beginning of episode 7? why did he have the thing that told where luke was? why did he consider leia royalty and not a general? why did c3po have a red arm, then not have a red arm? why did r2 not function, can droids really get depressed and stop working? where is lando at?

There were no inconsistencies, the force in balance is the force without dark.
The Jedi serve the will of the force, allowing it to freely flow.

The Light side itself is balance. The very existence of dark side cults like the sith throw that off, poisoning the force by simply existing.

That is what George was going for, not this new shit.

>the show IS canon. if it wasnt canon before, it is now
Yea, that's what I said. Thankfully it's just a irrelevant cartoon show that neither JJ or Rian ever have seen.

>Snoke was just trying to stimulate the galaxy's economy with a public works project
What a cool dude, why'd all these faggots have to ruin it?

But they still need to fit the asteroids with the hyperdrives and guidance systems, plenty of labor requirements there.

Ive seen the clone wars. Light+dark=balance didnt come up.

this user gets it. 'Light' side is simply accepting the force and allowing it to act through you. The dark side is abuse of this energy which results in abomination.

George Lucas never even intended for their to be a "light side" of the Force.

The dark side is a corruption of the Force as a whole. Imagine a line where the middle is "balance," a Jedi's realm, and the left and right extremes are "dark side," signifying strong emotions like passion or hate for the Sith.

EUfags misinterpreted it to mean literally a paragon/renegade bar and Disney decided to go with this interpretation (I believe a Star Wars Rebels episode goes over it).

Duality is a great concept for Luke to talk about.
The Jedi not owning the force which belongs to all things and their hubris was also a great part to talk about.

Dividing the force up between people is stupid even when people made Sheev the embodiment of the dark side so powerful no Jedi could defeat him, I understood the "you can't fight fire with fire" thing that it just makes a bigger fire when you're using offense against the dark lord of the sith but the force is the energy of the universe behind all living things, it's not two finite pools of mana that each side gets to tap into and multiplication dilutes, they're not fucking vampires cunts, being born with more midichlorians doesn't deplete the amount in everyone else on your side, hell the whole point of Luke right now was supposed to bea duality leading to balance, since he dabled in both sides.

Where is this stated in the OT? I haven't watched them in a while but I always thought that getting rid of the sith/dark side was how the jedi assumed you balanced the force but we never really know for sure what the force wants.

user, there is only the force in it's purest form and the dark side.
The darkside is abomination, balance exists without it.

im gonna say this just one last time. george rewrote the rules of the force. light used to be the balance. but now either too much light or too much dark throw the force off balance. that is how the force works now thanks to george. it is not extended universe gibberish, it is main canon. it is a better system. you can bitch and moan, kick and scream, but this will not change. you can keep denying it and saying its stupid, but this will not change. you can keep crying about it and getting blown the fuck out until you find a safe space with like minded people on reddit, but this will not change. so either accept it and call it gay, or dont accept it and fuck off

its not light+dark=balance. the force is balanced and you can use it and not fuck it up by being a balanced person. its not about keeping the light and dark balanced within you. those concepts only exist if you follow a cult like the sith or jedi who only teach and enforce the usage of one side

>there is only the force in it's purest form and the dark side
not anymore. your information is outdated

>im gonna say this just one last time. george rewrote the rules of the force.
There is no indication of this. I'm not interested in your headcanon.

George didn't rewrite this in Clones.
Again, the only thing that comes close to what you said is the Mortis arc, and we see how trying to control the darkside ends for everyone.
They go out of their way to show us that it's impossible. The lightside is passive and natural, the darkside is destructive and ruins everything it touches.

That would be fine too. Either do the pure and corrupt properly or do the duality and balance (middle) properly, what they've done at the moment is just purely discard the logic of both for something that makes no sense. How is their canon now resolved? Destroy the force? Can't do that it's in everything, well if we can't get rid of it then in their canon there will always be an embodiment of both, so why was luke cutting off from the force and ending the jedi his solution or a solution at all? Questions questions questions. DBZ makes more sense.

t. rian

I don't know man, I see a few schools of thought becoming established here, be interesting to know which of them Sup Forums mostly adheres to:
strawpoll.me/14648964/
strawpoll.me/14648964/
strawpoll.me/14648964/

Holy fuck I havent even thought of this. Rian is amazing.

Also did anyone notice the symbolism of Rey and Kylo both pulling on Anakin's light saber. The hilt was perfectly suspended (in balance) between the two of them pulling on it; Rey being the light and Kylo being the dark. Anakin was the chosen one meant to bring balance to the force and here the symbol of him was being perfectly balanced between the light and the dark.