This episode was really bad, bringing dead characters back just for nostalgia sake

This episode was really bad, bringing dead characters back just for nostalgia sake

I never thought that I was going to use this term unironically, but this new season literally ruins my childhood. Scotsman was treated like shit, Demongo was revived, what else?

It's not worth all that waiting.

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/co/thread/91786915/#91786915
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That's like, your opinion man.

You're overplaying your hand, bro. This may be nu Sup Forums that'll bite any hook you throw them, but you still need some semblance of subtlety. You know, a special lure or jig.

You work like bots, you don't even read what's there. You just post some bait images and tell how shit this opinion is. You don't even talk about those arguments, because in the end you can't argue against them. Keep posting the same shit over and over, proving me right.

you still didn't post a reason for why it's bad

Nostalgia pandering in a messy way. I mean it could have been done much better, that's all. Demongo shouldn't have returned, it shows how continuity has no place in this shit show. Scaramouche shouldn't have returned either, but you will disagree with me because it's le funny robot so it's fine.

Demongo was never explicitly killed off. He got squished in Aku's hand sure, but he's clearly some elemental soul stealing asshole who wouldn't get one hit quit like that.

It's a cheap tactic for nostalgiafags.

"Remember that character you like? Here he is for ten seconds not moving the plot forward, but hey he's popular!"

Their purpose in the plot was to show Ashi all the good that Jack has done.

>Demongo
>dead
I really wish the mod didnt delete my thread from before
desuarchive.org/co/thread/91786915/#91786915

He lost his powers and got squished by Aku. Oh right, let's bring him back in his full power because no fucks given.

I considered Bounty Hunters rant as shitposting but now it really shows how Genndy is a fucking hack
>they were robots and aliens I mean I don't give a fuck whatever lol

i always knew the show is all style and not substance, but you should have more gripes about jack than these:
>characters being impossibly durable
>no continuity
>plotholes
its still the best cartoon airing in the moment and one of best in general

That's horse fucker mentality.

>GENNDY TARTAKOVSKY RAPED MY CHILDHOOD, THAT HACK FRAUD!!!

I'm so sorry you care so much about a decent kids' cartoon from the early 2000s, user

I wasn't talking about the Woolies, or Da Samurai, I meant Demongo in particular.

You want to get mad about something? Then get mad at something actually bad or disappointing. Seeing a shit ton of fan-favorite characters reappear for a cameo in one episode of the revival of a show that never got the chance to end the way the creator wanted it to isn't that bad. Hell, even if it was as bad as you claim, I'd take it if fit meant another fucking season of Samurai Jack

Samurai Jack is the most disappointing thing I've seen in years. I cared about it so that's why it is disappointing, obviously there are worse things than it objectively. I waited 13 years and it's not even close to what it should have been (when it comes to quality and polish).

ok, why is it the most dissapointing thing you've seen in years

Why is this worse than something like the American Oldboy or Trouble or the Star Wars Prequels?

Please explain what you wanted this season to be.

I'm sorry you're so disappointed.

I'm enjoying it quite alot so i hope that makes up for the sadness you are feeling

As I said, there are worse things than it but I really cared to see new Samurai Jack and it's just disappointing to see dead characters brought back or unnecessary shit in general.
I haven't had any particular expectations, the premise of this new season isn't bad, Jack going mad and all, it's just the pacing keeps going worse and worse, Scotsman dies like a fool without reuniting with Jack in his old body, Demongo on the other hand comes back for literally no fucking reason.

I just don't get it. I think it's either that Genndy got worse with his game or he wasn't really giving that much into the old Samurai Jack, because it was way, way better than what we've got now. Sure, it was episodic in its nature but even then it had less issues with literally everything.

>Dead characters brought back
Jack never killed Demongo. He was rendered powerless after Jack freed all the spirits he held captive. I think it's pretty reasonable that after 50 years of stealing new souls that Demongo would be up to snuff again

>this new season literally ruins my childhood

I think it's reasonable to let characters stay dead when it seems as a logical way to do so. Demongo was the last character I expected to see.

It's just showing that Jack fought for nothing really and Aku didn't kill him in the end. Makes them both look like fools.

Jack freed a bunch of enslaved souls. That was something.

>bringing dead characters
>dead characters
but demongo was never killed , just weakened

Demongo never died

He went to a bar in search of new warriors to make his slaves and left when he saw they were all old and useless

It was a joke. It was a five second cameo for fans of the character. What would you do to make his cameo not make him and Jack "look like fools"?

if you had no expectations then how can you determine what is or isn't necessary in general

also
>reuniting with Jack in his old body

you know it'll be much more satisfying when they meet again as Scot ghost and non-aging Jack

>M-MUH DEMONGO WAS NEVER TREATED CORRECTLY WAAAAHHHHH WAAHHHHHHHH THIS SEASON IS SHIT!!!!

Literally everyone crying in this thread.

None of those characters were dead, OP.

>Scotsman was treated like shit

He got to have a bunch of kids, live to an old age and die on the field of battle. Basically everything he wanted out of life. AND he gets to be young again as a ghost. Yeah, poor guy, what a horrible fate.

Demongo should have stayed dead you fucking retard. It's not like he had to make a cameo, no one would complain if he never really was there.

Good god Sup Forums is a bunch of shitters with low standards

>GOD I HATE THE NEW ARTSTYLE MY CHILDHOOD IS RUINED
>WHY IS JACK USING A GUN MY CHILDHOOD IS RUINED
>I DONT WANT JACK AND ASHI TOGETHER MY CHILDHOOD IS RUINED
>WHY DID THEY SHOW ALL THOSE OLD CHARACTERS FOR FANSERVICE? MY CHILDHOOD IS RUINED

>he should have stayed dead
>muh headcannon

You're proving my point, you stupid bitch.

Right, let's bring back every villain from the old show making Jack actions useless, because why not.

I don't really mind this season being this bad, shit happens but they are messing with old ones aswell. I don't like that.

>I never thought that I was going to use this term unironically, but this new season literally ruins my childhood

It's okay user, you'll grow up one day.

I would not have complained if he never showed up. I did not expect him to show up. Even in an episode full of cameos I found his appearance unexpected because I, too, had assumed he was gone forever.

I did like his appearance, though. It was a quick joke, insulting all the people in the bar and then leading to Da Samurai's "we've got a lot of crazy people coming through here" joke. I thought it was funny, and even though I wouldn't consider myself a fan of the character, his appearance made for a fun several seconds.

>Why are they doing callbacks to episodes that aired over a decade ago?

>Right, let's bring back every villain from the old show making Jack actions useless, because why not.

Way to completely miss the point of the episode.

I agree that the episode was very heavy on the nostalgiapandering but it the very least served a purpose and a lot of the jokes were hit for me, especially Scaramouche's and Demongo. Also had a weird yet neat twist about Ashi.

Could've been handled better but didn't mind what we got, 7/10.

>Episode 9 blurb says Jack must fight an enemy from his past
>Everyone assumed it was the Blue Guardian
>It's actually Demongo

>one villain came back
>that means EVERY VILLAIN EVER CAME BACK FOR ALL TIME PLUS INFINITY

Why would anyone assume that in the first place? The Guardian wasn't an enemy. Jack understood what he was.

I enjoy nostalgia for nostalgias sake.

>Demongo has the souls of the other Daughters of Aku

If all you see is nostalgic pandering, then you're a fucking idiot.

This entire episode is about reminding Jack that he has not failed in his quest, which he has spent the past 5 episodes insanely convincing himself that he has done. It also transforms Ashi, who is a major supporting character.

Just because the arc is told through interactions with previously seen characters doesn't make it bad.

Fucking misanthropic hate-bandwagon nonsense-spewing quasi-intellectuals. Go back to jerking off to AV Club articles.

Demongo's origins are a mystery, if he was made by Aku, why can't he re-make him? And now the Scotsman is in his prime and we know what the Celtic Magic was for...I don't understand what's wrong.

It's very obvious that it is made by one person.

He ALWAYS changes the topic for the next wee, and the previous complains desapear.

I didn't even watch the original, but I just watch this season to be dissapointed. Who names a samurai Jack? Nobody, that's who. Fag show for fag fags...

You are retarded but I do think the nostagia pandering felt weird.

I mean sure it's been 13 years bring some nostagia back, but there's so many characters that didn't come back that should that it feels like Gendy didn't know which characters are the favorites. The Archers and Samohrai are great but no Princess? No Bounty Hunters? The Baby? The Guardian? The Spartans? Lava Monster? The Mobsters? The Hunters? Seth and his Minions? The choices were weak IMO.

>I never thought that I was going to use this term unironically, but this new season literally ruins my childhood.
Yeah, you still shouldn't use it unironically, even if you don't like this show.

I'm still pissed off Jack is back. New season should have new characters. Jack the fucking hack.

>this new season literally ruins my childhood

Go back to playing with your trains.

it could have accomplished the same thing using other old characters, rather than dead ones coming back for a one-off joke

>I never thought that I was going to use this term unironically, but this new season literally ruins my childhood

bitter, fat, a beard

>optional
balding

well youre no better than the people who boo whoo'd all about the star wars prequels

the show came back after a 13 year hiatus

what do you want man?

of course its not going to play out the way you want. but if you like the series you are either along for the ride or not. for better or worse. Dont get me wrong, its okay to criticize the things you love, I thought the whole samurai ghost thing was a total bust personally. But to sit there and say "Its ruining my childhood" just shows how weak your connection to your childhood is in the first place. get over yourself

you werent "waiting" you were distantly hoping and pipe dreaming at best

I find it funny they are acting like shills and accuse others of being one guy

>what is establishing for pay-off

I hate Sup Forums.

It all really started fell apart after episode 3 due to poor pacing, tone and writing issues.

Granted the last 3 episodes were decent, but nothing truly great like the first three episodes.

You can't tell an ongoing series finale in the span of just 10 twenty-minute episodes; the season really needed to be longer. More like 15 episodes at least.

Prequels are objectively good.