What video games do you think would work well as cartoons?

What video games do you think would work well as cartoons?

I didn't provide an example myself because I don't want the thread to become a discussion on that specific example.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FyipQroo7EM
youtube.com/watch?v=fhlMMrOrZ5s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'd like to see an animated film based on the secrete of Monkey Island.
though I guess Curse of Monkey Island is pretty close with that crisp art style

The last thread got nuked for some reason, but a Samurai Jack esque Metroid series would be awesome.

I think Donkey Kong should be given another try

An adventure series with the Mother games

Was gonna say this, so Mother 1 in particular

I would like to see an Oddworld series. Stranger's Wrath is still one of my all time favorites.

I don't know how I'd want it executed, but I feel like OOT might appeal to Sup Forums considering how much we're willing to overlook as long as a show has some shipping fuel.

OP here, had no idea there was a last thread, I just created this because I thought it would be interesting.

Four Swords would be RADICAL!
youtube.com/watch?v=FyipQroo7EM

a 2D rayman cartoon would be nice. it would probably feel a little like wander over yonder

Final Fantasy 14

As long as she has her poncho.

Fallout: Day in the Life of a Super Mutant

This would make a perfect mini-series and you all know it.

Was going to be my pick. Nice to see it as first post.

I can only pray that DisneyXD makes a Monkey Island series since they own LucasArts now.

A Roughnecks-esque Halo cartoon would be pretty baller. Until ten years after it's made when you look back at the CGI and realize it was shit.

I might want to see a retelling of Link's Awakening. As far as storytelling, the game, with its limitations, didn't capture the somber tone that I felt at the end of the story as a kid. Also I shipped the hell out of Link and Marin.

Or, if they ever make another LoZ cartoon, maybe they'd go with an original story. Like they did before, kind of, but better.

botw had better shipping fuel

Honestly, the game portion of Skullgirls is the least exciting part of it. The characters, setting, aesthetic, and music are all amazing and would be perfect for a longform series of some kind to explore the lore.

I haven't picked it up yet. Looks like I'm in for a ride.

I find the series tends to have some pretty high-tier waifus overall.

It helps one of the most popular characters is a direct reference to the golden age of animation

I'd love a Skullgirls cartooon. There's enough personality and lore in those games to easily last 100 episodes. Plus there's a ton of story and characters that are hinted at in the game but never actually revealed, a cartoon could finally bring those to light.

Pic related would be pretty interesting, IMO.

top tier waifus and husbandos and crossdressing

Oh fuck

Deus Ex' setting could work with an animated series

>I find the series tends to have some pretty high-tier waifus overall.

But under modern Cartoon Writers? They're going to become bitches. Gurl Powah Bitches. And Link will become a bumbling butt monkey who doesn't know how to fight very well and shit like that.

You sure you want beta male loser manginas handling ANY videogame series as a cartoon?

Trap Link is going to be the death of me. HNNG

Calm your tits, we're fantasizing here.

>>you will never get an animated version of link adventuring across ruined hyrule in gerudo dress, beating up lynels

Girls in BOTW were strong and in charge, only Mipha fit the overly-gentle cliche, and since there were so many to balance her out even her personality was fine. Thanks to characters like Urbosa even the west is pleased with the female representation in BOTW.

Sure tumblr will probably try to say that link is trans and zelda is a lesbian but who cares

>miniseries
>first episode introduces all the characters through their past (showing the fail state)
>running gag is that they restart at the entrance to the gungeon at the start of every episode
>every other episode someone finds an overpowered gun or item combination that allows them to beat the Dragun and deliver a piece of The Bullet to the forge
>final episode focuses on each of them going back to their past again (this time succeeding)
>bonus OVA or whatever it's called where the Bullet and the Robot team up to tackle the Gungeon

the 4th episode of the new series was Metroid as fuck

Castle Crashers; dialogue free
Worms
Pic related.

Night in the Woods felt like a interactive cartoon show to begin with, so it would work seamlessly.

>And Link will become a bumbling butt monkey who doesn't know how to fight very well and shit like that.
Aww man, I'd love a Wind Waker/Phantom Hourglass cartoon.
You and me both

Space Station Silicon Valley or Pikmin seems like it would be harmless fun. The premise is really simple but I figure simple is better since giving a cartoon room to expand on its source is better than trying to fit and adapt all the details that sucked in fans of the original.

I've long wanted a Metroid series in the vein of Samurai Jack or the original Clone Wars cartoons.

I swear to god I'm not Samefag, I posted before reading any replies.

what game?

also, i think the whole sly series would do well in comic form (cutscenes were literally comic panels).

Sly Cooper.
PaRappa the Rapper AND Um Jammer Lammy in the same universe / town/ relationship.
Sonic 3 & Knuckles.

I think this game would make a great show!

A Fallout series of shorts from the prospective of different factions and characters

>Brotherhood of Steel Paladin on a mission to recover Old World tech and fighting mutations along the way
>Enclave soldier going around cleansing the impure
>Super Mutant reevaluating his place in the world
>Ghoul contemplating the possibility of turning feral
>Episode where different Wastelanders tell stories about the Mysterious Stranger or the PCs
>Deathclaws start attacking an area and it turns into a Jaws homage
>Companions going about their daily lives

I tried reverse image searching it and nothing came up, source image pretty please?

ffs does nobody know how to use boorus anymore?

Kid Icarus had a few shorts and I really wish they were expanded into a full series. Ideally with the Voltron team behind it.

These would be great.

But only as an 80s gritty action cartoon.

Probably would be cool to see

Just watch this fucking intro
youtube.com/watch?v=fhlMMrOrZ5s

>what game?
Night in the Woods

Team Fortress 2 could be absolutely fantastic as a show.

Required for a thread like this.

Beyond Oasis and Brave Fencer Musashi
This too.

Star Control 2

Not even joking, although it'd be more of a tongue-in-cheek take on RPGs. Especially since it'd be based on the Gameboy Color version.

The majority of the first season would be based in the prison in the first level, where the MC comically tries to escape while trying to figure out what the hell is going on.

XCOM. Seriously. A squad of heroic diverse youth drawn from militaries around the world defending their planet against ayy lmaos?

Obvious answer
a cartoon would probably be better than the games

Just don't get the retards that worked on DotR to work on it again

EFFECT AND CAUSE
F
F
E
C
T

A
N
D

C
A
U
S
E

It probably wouldn't work too well but I nominate Metal Arms: Glitch In The System simply because I like it so much.

why the fuck did you go and remind me this shitty excuse for a show ever existed?

keep the same humor and I'm in.

Always thought this would make a good crime/gore story about gang life or a big heist or something

I nominate the Ratchet and Clank series, just keep Kevin Munroe FAR away from the project and shoot him on sight if he shows up at the studio's doorstep.

The sad thing is that the show was meant to come out at around the same time the original game did, but it was delayed for unknown reasons.

please leave

Haha! Take that you f#ckin sh%t piles!

Krunk, Mozer, Colonel Alloy, The Barter Bots, the grunts.... I love 'em all. No idea what age range the show would be for.

smt would be cool, if only to see the reactions that hardcore bible thumpers would have to a series like this getting a popular western release

careful, user

>Ideally with the Voltron team behind it.
Ideally with Bones or Madhouse behind it.

A Kingdom Hearts miniseries that focuses on non-movie worlds with its own original plotline. Something that might not be referred to in the games, but at the same time doesn't directly contradict them either.

I honestly don't know how Psychonauts never got a cartoon. It's perfect for it.

There is no better answer.

I am contractually obligated by Blabl Zork to post this every thread.

Speaking of "Samurai Jack styled" shows, this would fit perfectly.
A crossover between the two would be nice to see.

There's a lot of things Psychonauts should have gotten but didn't. Maybe now it can finally become the franchise it should have been back in 2005.

there's a lot going on though, I'd reckon each loose end would have to be dedicated to a season to get a cohesive storyline established

specifically Lab 8s pursuit of Lab 0 after 8s destruction, the Medicis struggle to keep their empire intact while their leader is dying and their adversaries are breathing down their necks, and finally Marie and the Skullheart themselves, which would have to involved basically everyone in their race to claim it/destroy it

Ace Combat would make a sick mecha/sci-fi show a la Voltron. AC5 is pretty much Avatar with fighter jets anyway.

My question is, should it be about Original Doomguy or The Doom Slayer (if they're not already the same person)?

despite how shit the game is now, the movies have always been top tier

I gotta get Hoxton back!

Huh, I could have sworn Germ was green.

Airship fights, giant monsters, dungeons, shit ton of colorful npc's, two girls who like one boy, and a cute shapeless pet; what's not to like...

>...no sequel

Blizzard is way too focused on making sure that every character is a badass to let them have actual character.

TF2 would be better in every way except for diversity.

Battleborn might be worth something as a cartoon.

At least just so I could have more of my waifu, Phoebe.

Can only imagine how shantae came to be
"Three wishes I grant ye, mortal"
"I want a kid"
... "Is that all"
"Your kid"
" . . . " "You're fucking joking, right?"
"No. I want to have sex with you."
*sigh* "Your wish is my command... You fucking weirdo..."

I'd imagine a genie would just poof a baby into you, no sex involved.

Warcraft.
A series in the vein of Pokemon or Avatar, as in a group of random characters travelling through Azeroth and meeting important people along the way would be comfy as hell.
Either that or have the characters be Fiona's travelling caravan.

Every episode will be about a new team attacking and defending

YES maybe even a fucking comic

and they do everything in their combat gear and never take it off