Now that the dust has settled, who was in the wrong here?

Now that the dust has settled, who was in the wrong here?

Me

>"GARNET, YOU'RE INFERIOR BECAUSE YOU'RE A NIGGER"

Jesus christ, Rebecca, why did you think this was ok?

Why is Garnet such a retard and hothead now? They literally made here into "Black tall Ruby"

because after the revolution, the crew felt they no longer needed to "hide" garnet's personality.

Everything up to Prison Break wasn't the real garnet. That's why she feels so different now.

GET READY

You for watching Steven Universe

Remember that time Garnet grabbed Peridot's entire waist in her hands and smashed her to death?

That makes no sense, what personality would she have to hide?

Remember that they were going to trap her in a bubble forever?

they were hiding the fact that she's a fusion.

Peridot "I'm too much of a sperg to recognize the people next to me have an entire different philosophy and that I have no physical might to back up my propaganda."

you for watching this garbage show

What does that have to do with her personality?

The scene was stupid. Peridot was still adjusting to life on Earth, and then Garnet lashes out at her physically.

Did they really expect her to change her views that fast?

The gems are autistic so it's reasonable that they are unable to control their emotions and lash out at people

Apparently yes, they did.

So they're not just maladjusted to dealing with humans, it's an entire race of emotionally damaged people?

What pisses me off is how self-righteous Pearl and Garnet were about it, when they haven't been shown to give a shit about life on Earth. Pearl just parrots what Rose said, and Garnet wants to be a fusion.

I never said I was expecting her to be changed in that scene, just have enough common sense to not utter her views in front of people who have been hostile towards her in the past because of said views.

I might be wrong but that actually seems to be heavily implied throught the entire series. It's not so much as emotionally damaged as is emotionally immature. Gems understand some love and personal growth, but throughout the whole series what we see more coming from them is unhealthy infatuation and poor coping methods.

Take Rose for example, she was just infatuated with the idea of humans, she didn't actually love them until Greg taught her how to properly express love at someone or something.

I might explain why Steven is so immature, actually. Yes, he's much more empathetic and less of a cunt than the Gems, but he still retains some of that stunted growth in his emotional intelligence. For all we know, he isn't just a little bitch and is actually incapable of maturing due to his Gem aspects.

She was always like that. Whenever she encounters something she strongly dislikes, she expresses her hostility in some exaggerated theatrical way.

See: Greg's traveling music. She shows that she doesn't like it by jumping out of the van.

>have enough common sense to not utter her views in front of people who have been hostile towards her in the past because of said views.
How do the gems expect people to join their rebellion if they're going to be senseless apes about?

>We want you to join us, but we won't allow you to discuss your views with us, or we'll get pissy about it and beat you up.

Sounds like the target fanbase in a nutshell.

SJWs have garbage logic like that.

The gems actually dislike humans. Fucking Pearl even think human life is worthless. Pearl and Garnet are fucking hypocrites.

Rose was the one who did the recruiting, and coincidentally is shown to be the only Gem who willingly listens to other points of view without becoming hostile. Not to mention that there was no real ideology behind the rebellion that the Gems cared about besides "being free". Saving Earth and humanity was purely Rose's thing, Pearl, Garnet, Bismuth and the others followed her without giving a shit about the turf they were fighting in.

I mean they had a thousand years to get used to humans. Eventually you just have to accept that it's an inherent defect

Which episode was this again?

Let's be honest here, that was straight up the best option. Asking him to turn it off would have led to an argument and smashing the radio would have led to a bigger argument.

Did an episode leak recently or something?

It Could Have Been Great

Aka the terrible episode before the one where Peridot has an entire 180 about Yellow Diamond.

I liked the song at least.

The watchers.

literally one of the best episodes in the series you mean

You for not staying in your shit show's general

Ironic that Peridot has ended up being the CG who most closely believes in their cause.

>Peridot was the only well written Gem
Really makes you think

That's because Steven convinced Peridot that Earth had a lot to offer, he didn't use the "stay here to be free from your oppressors" card on her.

The only reason Bismuth joined was because she's a Bolshevik, and the only reason Pearl and Garnet joined was because they were fucking thirsty.

>I have no physical might to back up my propaganda.
Normal people are civilized enough to not kick your ass for having different views. Otherwise only the physically biggest and strongest would be saying anything, aka. not most of Sup Forums

It's even worse when you realize the scene took place after all that bonding they did as recorded by peridot's tape logs.

But we already established the Gems are emotionally stunted. During that moment Peridot was still an elitist fuck, the least she could have done was prove to be more mature than the CG and keep her mouth shut.

"freedom is the right of all sentient beings"

Proof of Amethyst being best and purest CG despite living in garbage.

The CGs believed in Earth just because Rose said so, they couldn't form a real refutation of what Peridot was saying so they just got violent instead since that's what they did to those who disagreed with them originally

Sup Forums loved it. Are you trying to be a "cool" contrarian, user?

Pre-barn Peridot is the best CG. Damn, she is better that fucking Rose

I always hated peridot. People keep blaming Zuke that she's wrong now but she's always been overrated

What on Earth were you talking about? The issue was the inappropriate memeface at the end. Everything else about that episode was top quality.

most people who watch cartoons are autistic and it's easy for autists to relate to peridot or find her funny

I can't blame either of them desu, Peridot was shitting all over the gems' life's work and their sainted leader and Garnet reacted, but Peridot clearly has autism so you have to give her some slack

Amethyst and Peridot are the only Gems who care about Earth.
Garnet's just there so she can be a lesbian.
Pearl's just there because of Rose.
Lapis is just there because of Steven.

It showed she preferred to smash into the ground than engage in an awkward social conversation. Because she was stoic and uncomfortable around people. That was her thing. She was the stoic one. And it was cool.

> lashing out on people physically is stoic
Do you know what the word "stoic" means?

Peridot doesn't give a shit about the Earth, she just likes shipping and ayy lmaos

Man, Thirsty's head game must've been ridiculous then.

Goddammit, Carlos!

Strawman arguments isn't gonna help you

Actually, Pearl likes Earth life a lot. She got excited about the strawberry fields that grew over the gen battlefield, because it was an example of how Earth can grow and heal compared to the static nature of gems. It's the messier aspects like humans she seems more ambivalent about.

It'd be basically like living in post-WWII Germany and then excitedly telling a bunch of jews how GREAT the new camps would've been,had they been brought to completion.

Like said. All of the Gems like earth.

They just don't like humans all that much. They love Nature. They probably like animals. They like how peaceful it is. They're mostly indifferent to humanity.

>twn be an arc where Lapis finds comfort in alcoholism and Steven tries desperately to curb her newfound addiction
Drunken molestation is implied, of course.

Can a gem get drunk? Like, we know they can get food poisoning. Which is odd to me since Amethyst got it from a 3 year old fish taco, despite the fact that she literally and regularly eats trash.

and the fact that their bodies are literally just light

how the fuck do you poison a hologram?

This is a false analogy, though. In your example the offender stresses how great the genocide itself would be. Peridot doesn't say great about the human genocide, she says it about the possible gem colony that would have resulted from it. The better comparison would be a Sup Forumsack ranting about how great the society would be after the jews are gassed, but even that isn't fair, because gassing jews isn't necessary for a better society, while gassing humans has to happen if Earth is to be terraformed.
Also, "stop saying things I don't agree with or I'll kill you" isn't a very nice response, no matter how retarded/misguided your interlocutor is.

>Gets turned into comic relief later
I enjoy a comic relief chracter as much as the next perosn (like Polnareff and Jospeh Joestar in stardust crusdaers) but it seems like after her whole adjusting arc all was left was just comic relief hopefullly in the next episodes they change that.

Garnet's reaction isn't exactly unwarranted.Peridot is basically doing the equivalent about geeking out about the destruction of everything Garnet has fought for and that many of her comrades died for. It'd be like going up to a veteran and shitting on their entire war efforts. They JUST might respond a bit hostile.

It's not even like Garnet punched her or anything. She just grabbed her by the color and told her "she doesn't know what she's talking about"

>it's an entire race of emotionally damaged people?
It's a race of autistic people, only diamonds are allowed to feel emotions. Most gems are just supposed to be automatons to fulfill a role. I don't even think high ranking gems are supposed to feel anything.

She's always been like that.

>"I thought... violence... would be the answer."

>best gem
and look at her now.

> only diamonds are allowed to feel emotions
> automatons
> I don't even think high ranking gems are supposed to feel anything
Uh, bud, the show doesn't support your speculation. All the gems we've seen so far look like they do feel emotions. Lapis felt plently of desperation, Jasper is angry or bitter 24/7, Holly is ecstatic over her superiors visiting, etc. Even Sapphire is shown to feel anger or fear (remember those times she was freezing the floor around her), she just doesn't express it too often.
And being autistic and not feeling emotions are like completely different things.

Speaking German woulda been great!!

There's only one thing to do in a Peridot thread.

Hot.

why is peridot a midget?

just imagine, we could have had a show with no peridot or lapis, and the gems cruising around in space fighting homeworld in the temple-ship after the earth blows up. Best part? No more townies!

She got her shins blown off in the Baby War.

Hell yeah!

What the actual fuck are you on about? It Could Have Been Great is one of the best episodes in the entire series. And she didn't have an "entire" 180, she got frustrated and called her a faggot.

Also the song at the beginning is incredible.

Fight me, faggot.

So pretty much like a human who spends too much time on the internet.

I'd say she's just a big fan of earth culture.

Peripanda pyjama

Peridot and Steven

I want Steven and peridot to save akward nerd sex so badly

Is this from leaks or something?

2 is great. 3 is better.

how long until peridot shrinks to the 2'4 speck she is destined to be?

yes good.

At some point one or more of Garnet's fingers had deeply penetrated Peridot's body before she poofed.

Garnet. God damn, do you expect a gem who was never on earth and never in the war who has only spent like, two days with you to understand why Homeworld was wrong? Fucking retards.

>black coded gem is the most violent
>even more black coded gem is introduced
>she chimps out even harder
What did Sugar mean by this?

This scene only makes Peri a little unlikable

What? Pearl and Garnet were the assholes

True. But when we got to the climax i decided "Yeah this is definitely a Peridot's a slut episode" It Could Have Been Great looks like a mix between The Simpsons's Deep Space Homer and Spongebob Squarepants's Im With Stupid. Peridot rot in garbage.

She's Sapphire most of the time, until she gets angry and turns into Ruby.

The Crystal Gems

Peridot was assaulted, kidnapped, and forced to work on this stupid eco-terrorism crap with them at the threat of her own death.
Then the Crystal Gems act like Peridot owes them because muh earf speshuls.

Fuck that. The Crystal Gems were in the wrong from the start.

No! There is another.

When all living things on an entire planet, including themselves, were at stake, threatened by a weapon only she knew anything about?

Go eat a bag of dicks, user.

user would rather all life on earth be completely destroyed because at least then we wouldn't have to be mean to a green person.

I want Bara Steven to split Peridot in half with his monster cock.