Why is this ok but the Batgirl cover isn't?

Why is this ok but the Batgirl cover isn't?

Gynocentric society that values the protection of women over men.

so THAT'S why bruce is angry all the time

No one cares about Gotham, so they can get away with more fun stuff

Equality means it's only okay when it happens to men.

which cover?

Because feminism and women not being able to be portrayed as being in danger, like the Mystique poster, despite the fact that men have been portrayed as in danger for fucking ever.

It's almost like the circumstances are completely different!

No! That totally can't be the case! It has to be because of feminism!

What's different?
Two minors looking fearful, as deranged psychopath smiles and traces red-lipstick across them.
One gets outrage, the other par for the course.

Yeah one is happening to a kid, the other an adults

Holy shit the butthurt that still permeates. Grab a band aid already and move on.

Hasn't it been years since that cover controversy?

It's more about the rape undertone given what happened in Killing Joke. Yes I know that Joker didn't actually do that, but people still interpret it that way. And there's nothing to stop that interruption because still debate if Batman killed Joker at the end of that story even though Moore outright said he didn't

Because we're pretty sure he didn't rape him after paralyzing him.

because men can't be raped
and women are a protected class

it's been years AND the artist who did it is literally doing interiors on the Batgirl Rebirth ongoing and there was zero outcry.

Actually, in the Gotham scene, he's smearing blood over Bruce's face

Because
>Rape me once, shame on you.
>Rape me twice, shame on me.

They were rage baiting with the Batgirl cover. Everyone was supposed to get super mad that it didn't get produced that they'd demand that the cover get printed and then scoop up a bunch. It worked a couple times before that but everyone pretty much caught on after the Batgirl one and both companies stopped doing it.

>this is a show that pulled a Scott Tennorman
I may not like Gotham, but I appreciate how it gives zero fucks.

>what's different
Everything, the biggest one being that jerome isn't the joker.
There's other thing too like
>Babs looks absolutely paralyzed by fear
>all her body language indicates vulnerability
>it's a callback to her being victimized, something that actually change the entire character.

Because women are strong and empowered human beings that need to be protected from such harmful toxic masculinity. Also Cuz comic publishers and writers are cucks.

I mean this cover would tempt me to buy the issue.

They were too busy getting outraged over Ivy going from a teen girl to a sexed up adult.

>believing Moore

>Waste one character by turning her into another character, that they waste.

Why didn't they chop off Zombie Jerome's head instead of sending him to Arkham? He came back to life, and presents an unknown threat to Gotham, so treating him like a regular insane criminal is stupid.

I stared at this for a bit and couldn't stop thinking he was wiping menstral blood over his lips, I don't know why, but I don't like it.

To be fair, having a little girl turn into a thirty-year-old woman because some dude touched her for half a second is pretty fucking retarded.

Isn't Ivy supposed to be the same age as fucking Bats? Is she going to be a good twenty years older than him when he finally dons the cape?

It's like every forgot that a comic cover has fuck all to do with what the comic is actually about.

I think she's coming back for the villain team-up, but yeah.

That reminds me, has anyone seen Harvey Dent?

It doesn't care anymore, it's its own thing now. Not even Rebirth can change its trajectory.

Wasn't there a whole planned arc about getting to Bruce and Bruce trying to become a playboy? I guess they just aborted that.

Just as well. Bruce's encounter with Jerome and the origins of his no-kill vow were great.

this comes out when?

>Doomsday shows up at the Kent house and shoots Ma Kent, crippling her, and abducts Pa Kent to show him pictures of Ma in his funhouse.