Is it really

Other urls found in this thread:

webmshare.com/PYEgL
youtube.com/watch?v=j6mzBjFtcBc
youtu.be/p-HfzGlUwfY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

surprisingly

it's not kino but good for a kids show

For a cartoon for preschoolers, sure, it's good.

Compared to shows for general audiences? No.

Better than it looks, but not great.

I want the Autists to leave, Sonic was never what made Sonic good.

It was liked specifically because it was a challenging, fast-paced, inertia based side scroller with a great sound track. Not because of the character.

Nobody thinks Sonic is a good character.

Good design at best.

webmshare.com/PYEgL

Yes

Best part of the show is Eggman and Sticks: a female furry kid-friendly version of Sup Forums /k/ and /x/ all rolled into one

Yes it's good, and underrated honestly.

Nobody plays the early Sonic games for speed unless they have the levels memorized. What makes them interesting is that the levels have multiple paths, which was a pretty unconventional thing for a platformer of that time.

>Knuckles thats prison
>only if you let it be

Mediocre at best.

And they even joke about it in the show.

SONIC'S ARMS AREN'T BLUE

season 1 is mediocre with very hit and miss episodes. season 2 on the other hand has been nothing but hits

>Nobody thinks Sonic is a good character.
D-Delete this

I've seen a few episodes. It's OK. I probably would have liked it as a kid.

It has its moments

Compared to the comic it's trash. That should tell you something.

beautiful

>webmshare.com/PYEgL

I do have to watch this series.

As a man who cringes at anything related to sonic I can agree. It's well made decent humor

>tfw autistic fuck who likes the sonic series and wish the show would shit on it's fanbase more because this fandom needs some sense beaten into it

>arms blue
dropped.

Sonic is great character... Only in Japan.

It was the Americans who ruined him and made him the edgy 90s rebel teen that we know today. I blame the Madworld writers who took over the series' writing since Colors.

OVA Sonic was best Sonic.

you're nearly right. he was a hip 90s rebel in japan, it's just they know how to do those without making them cringey. or they did in the 90s. by the 00s japan was giving us shit like gackt and it was clear their hipness had died and pretty much become what the shittier side of american culture was in the 90s

mario was never what made mario good (the enemies, though..)
sonic was about 30% of what made sonic good. the rest is what you said. (also the enemies were awesome. theyre selling figurines of them now, i fucking want them)

>cartoon for preschoolers
Well that's a redundant statement.

>OVA Sonic was best Sonic
This.
Actually thats why I like Boom Sonic a lot. I think hes the closest to the OVA personality in that hes done with everyone's shit.

I agree.

what

As someone who's been occasionally involved... You're wishing evil unto literal children. Yes, the majority of the "bad" sonic community are literal children. There's obviously a ton of autists as well, but that's granted with everything.

There's no reason to want them any bad. The children wouldn't understand what's so wrong, and the people who you want to target are a minority.

say the last frame out loud, user

>a potato clock
>up at 8 o'clock

>potato clock
>at 8 o'clock
that's a HUGE stretch if that's the joke

Hi Chris. You might want to have a doctor look at that open wound you have near your legs. It's not what you think it is...

He hasn't mentioned that in a while
Do we know what happened to it? Surely it would have gotten infected by now if it was going to

french making puns in english.

up at eight o clock

>the majority of the "bad" sonic community are literal children
That's a fucking lie and you know it. Mario has a huge following towards children too and it's nowhere near as bad. The cancer in the fandom comes from the adult side not the kid side. It's got the same degeneracy as the MLP fandom but it's got CWC as a ring leader to really push it over the edge. If it were "only children" then genesisfags and adventurefags wouldn't be such a huge majority because no kid today grew up with those games.

The dialogue is great, the storylines and setting is kinda shit

The autism is not reserved to the fans. Mainstream "gamer culture" revolves around whining about the games despite not playing them. They're either genesisfags or imply Sonic was never good to begin with.

What exactly makes him a good character ?

Yes

Autism-induced contrarianism is more of a Sup Forums thing and less of a mainstream thing. It just happens to leak out sometimes.

>the majority of the "bad" sonic community are literal children

Nope, Sonic 2's been out for too long for that to be true.

It's the best we're going to get from a Sonic cartoon designed for Boomerang. The jokes are pretty good, the dialogue can be quite witty when it wants to be, the voice acting is great and the show is full of self awareness, constantly taking shots at the fandom.

Eggman squeeing over having Shadow was pretty damn funny.

The writing on this show is fucking fantastic.

And I gotta say, the designs have grown on me.

This show has some really great jokes

youtube.com/watch?v=j6mzBjFtcBc

It's surprisingly good.

Not great, but definitely better than I expected.

The writing really makes the show. I'd recommend but don't binge it.

STRANGE, ISN'T IT!?

>fucking South Island theme

Not sure if anyone said that, but I like that softened pink tone a bit more than the usual pink.

Amy's boom design is objectively superior
The rest are subjective preference

It's not bad, which is to say, better than anything to come from the sonic franchise in a while.

tfw to intelligent for wordplay

shut up im a woman now!!1

how long until they have some kind of sonic-based totem in the show? It'd be a natural fit for the ancient island setting

it's Seinfeld with sonic characters

BEHOLD! The first Sonic OC to be a recolor of Eggman, STEVE!

holy shit, I'm sold

>kino
Underage fags need to gtfo.

it's better when it's
>a potato clock
>up at 8 o clock
shit turns into MFDOOM when you say it in a sentence

>one too many
This is some Space Ghost shit.

Meh. It's nothing special.

They're not exactly scraping the bottom of the barrel for Sonic references.

Man I REALLY wonder how the hell they will dub that

>no one has posted tails' sick burn towards amy
SHAAAAAAAAME

which was?

good, children need to get used to suffering now cause there's going to be a lot of it for their generation

I wish other low budget soulless cash grabs had such dedicated team. Whole purpose of this show is just to exist and there is no point trying to make it better, but some people just don't give a shit and doing their best, even knowing that it's not going to do them any favors. Those people are saint.

Chris Chan wasnt enough?

chris chan couldn't see the resemblance
it's not enough until even chris chan understands the show's referencing him

Yeah it's remarkably funny.
It's kind of like Emperor's New Groove in the sense that the writers behind it really didn't give a shit since no one was holding them to any particular standard, so they just said fuck it, threw their hands up and made the best jokes they could get away with (it's not even remotely as funny as Emperor's New Groove but you get the point).
You have to kind of take it for what it is (a low cashgrab for kids) and enjoy it for the gags and not think much of it.

And as always, Eggman is the best character and the real reason to watch the show and Sonic Boom Eggman is the best version of him since AoStH.

It's pretty cash

youtu.be/p-HfzGlUwfY
>and you should know

what episode?

Emperor's New Groove was not even that funny aside from a couple of Yzma and Kronk moments.

wew wait a minute they actually broadcast a shot with the production overlay still on it (FC is framecount and iterates as it should, I'm guessing SC is the number of the shot)
Eggman's brother 10:11

SA2 was the best portrayal of the character in that it was able to portray him as a genuinely serious threat, though still with a sense of whimsy put in.

>Hey Sonic! Hey Sonic!
>Huh I must have only dreamed about getting that restraining order
>I'm a woman now!
I've only seen that episode, has he come back yet?

>I'm a woman now!
I don't remember that part

Not yet. It's entirely possible though because the show gets off on reusing villains (partly since it's cheaper than making new models)

I'm exploring how the writers can make it more obvious without just saying "i'm cwc"

It makes me sad that after Boom ends, we'll be stuck with the old Amy personality again. The annoying useless fangirl.

Mark decides he doesn't like Sonic so much anymore and he decides Amy is better so he dresses up just like her as her #1 fan. He makes a perfume inspired by her and sprays it in peoples' faces, blinding them.

...it could happen

Wrong. No kids actually thought about it that much Sonic himself was cool and appealing. He was designed to be marketable as fuck. Its what lured is into playing the game that just happened to be good.

Her Boom design is fantastic all around. The dress hugs her nicely.

He looks even more like Teddy.

There's a joke about this in the new series.

Is this an actual joke?

yes

I know Shadow has been in the show, but what about Metal and Silver?

Metal has. Silver hasn't and likely won't.

STRANGE ISN'T IT?

It sounded more like he said "it wakes you up at pot-eight o'clock" to me when I watched it, which seems funnier.