Which one was a bigger crybaby?

Which one was a bigger crybaby?

I would go with Deku, his tears drilled him into the ground once.

Gud fite doe

You are.

When Deku cries I find it endearing.
When Steven cries I get angry at him.

To be fair he does spend half the manga breaking body parts to use his power. On the other hand stephen is a fat "we can all be friends" baby.

That's because Steven had the body and mind of an eight year old and then has autism or other social orders

Deku cries over shit that, to be honest, I find completely unbelievable. His ability to be moved to tears at the slightest provocation, and over stuff that I don't associate with crying at all, is one of the few Japanisms in the manga that I find a little jarring.

Steven hasn't really cried like a bitch in a while, from what I can remember, but when he did it was over believably kids stuff. I could see that he was a dumb kid and dumb kids cry about shit.

Deku's 200% more madman though.

>I could see that he was a dumb kid and dumb kids cry about shit.
They are the same age roughly. They both started at 14, Steven is now 15 while Deku is 16.

>I could see that he was a dumb kid and dumb kids cry about shit
Steven is a teenager

It's canon that Steven hasn't aged mentally or physically since he was eight. And that's assuming the stagnation started on thay birthday. It most likely started while he was still 7. So we got a seven year old in a 14 year old's body. He's half his age

Steven started at twelve, he's fourteen now.

What I mean, though, is he cried about shit that I could see a young person crying about.

Deku just fucking explodes into tears over literally everything, good or bad. I also feel like it kinda clashes with other elements of his personality as he grows - he feels like he shouldn't be so touchy at this point, but the waterworks still turn on at the drop of a hat.

It's a minor thing, though.

Good god Steven is this emotional and he hasn't even hit puberty get?

>So we got a seven year old in a 14 year old's body. He's half his age
no wonder so many tumblr trannies self-insert into this show so easily

More I think about it, the more I think these two would make a pretty good team. Steven as a Healer/Tank and Deku as a mobile DPS.

Not ageing physically is one thing but not ageing mentally is being a little faggot.
Probably more stressed. He gets a lot more fucked up than Steven.

He's gone from that level of maturity to pretty high tier over the course of the show, though.

Steven's character arc is fucking excellent, no matter what a bunch of goons that don't even watch the show say. Nigga goes from being the most annoying shit in the show to a genuinely, mature voice of reason.

It would be better if it was spaced out a little more, chronologically, but eh.

They'd probably bond over a lot of nerdy shit if we're being honest.

Thank you junior newfag mod-force, I was scared we'd lose another waifu thread.

Whats funny is that if you look up the development of a child at years 7 and under, Steven is missing even a ton of those mental/physical/social traits. He's even immature for a 7 year old

He only feels like the voice of reason because the gems are so mentally and socially flawed. Connie even calls them out on this in one episode.

If Steven was maturing emotionally/mentally then he would be physically aging. That's canon. He's not changing because he's the same child he's been this whole time.

Beach City is in for some crazy shit when it does. I mean think about how crazy goofy emotional you were as a teen or preteen, now remember the last time Steven really panicked, he nearly died of old age, reverse aged into non-existence or turned into a Cat Shoggoth.

The gems neglecting his social/emotional development by keeping him from school and his peers (hell even his father) should have signed his death certificate. The fact that Steven almost killed himself because he got depressed means they should be heavily invested in making him a mature and mentally healthy individual.

Instead he's literally not aging.

Yet, he's completely different from how he was at the start of the show.

So he is maturing. And he has actually started aging physically now, as of Steven's Birthday.

Why the fuck is his dad letting them raise him anyway? I watched almost all the episodes but if they explained that I either missed it or forgot.

I mean at least Deku has a reason to cry both all the shit he's being going and the pain

Is there like an episode list of what episodes of this show to avoid or skip for SU if I wanted to get into it?
It seems kind of interesting and I'm bored enough to need something new to watch.

Dude, if you can't tell the difference between Steven's personality at the start of the show and his personality now, you are not at all paying attention. Or, I dunno, you're not even watching the show and are bullshitting this outta your ass.

He's matured immensely since then. Dude has consistent, clear character progression throughout the show.

You do realize Steven has actually be shrinking throughout the show right?

It's supposed to be so they can help him with his powers but he didn't get them until he 13 and even then the gems have no idea how to help.

So I have no idea

>at least deku has a reason to cry
>bnhafags actually believe this

Steven cries over his dad possibly dying, Deku cries because someone asked to join his team

not him but could you give an example?

>The gems neglecting his social/emotional development by keeping him from school and his peers (hell even his father) should have signed his death certificate.
>Why the fuck is his dad letting them raise him anyway?

He's only actually been living with them since he hit twelve. He lived with Greg before that.

They're taking care of him right now because his powers have started coming in and that could be dangerous.

Aren't his powers just a shield and a bubble and healing or did I miss something?

>You do realize Steven has actually be shrinking throughout the show right?

Lel, that's just boarders being inconsistent.

Other than being really strong, yeah. It's been all non-lethal shit.

You haven't seen the manga, don't you?

He did almost fuck himself up with his transformation shit to be fair and cant he take over peoples bodies while they are asleep?

Inconsistent? The guy had to use a fucking stool to get to food on the countertop when at the start he had to duck to get things out of the fridge

Do they not use height charts and shit for storyboards like every other cartoon seems to do to keep consistent proportions of characters?

Super strength, fucking dream telepathy, the ability to cause stuff to fritz out violently, super durability, the ability to manipulate plants and turn them into supersoldiers, shapeshifting, jumping good, etc.

He has a ton of powers.

Sometimes i think Deku's real quirk was crying huge amounts of water

You have greatly exaggerated the danger of those powers. He's been next to useless in most of the events. I mean ignoring the abomination which was the Jasper smokey quartz fight, him saving the day tends to be using his empathy like with the cluster

Shield, Bubble, Healing Spit, Aberrant Shapeshifting, Entering People's minds as he sleeps, Mind Swapping with said people's minds, mild superstrength and some kind of weird control over his personal gravity. The last of those are based on his state of mind.

Oh and Garnet can briefly grant him Future Vision.

I'd chalk the shrinking issue up to bad storyboarding and a lack of character models for some fucking reason.

Stephen. It's not even a contest.

Nope.

At first it was fine, as the boarders didn't let things get too inconsistent, but a few of them have been slacking hard lately and seem to have just forgotten how tall Steven's supposed to be.

'Lately' being relative. The show is on hiatus so often, these episodes were probably made a year and a half ago.

>You have greatly exaggerated the danger of those powers.

He could easily lay waste to any human city. What the hell are you talking about?

Hahaha no

THREE HUNDRED YEARS

I'm a filthy secondary who's only kept up with the anime but at this current point Deku is still basically a nerd who was bullied for most of his childhood, is dealing with the new pressure of being the center of attention and has to break all the bones in his body daily to keep up with those expectations placed on him.

He's a crybaby but the kids naturally under a lot of physical and mental stress, and the only times its really uncalled for its usually for a gag. Steven is just a 14 year old who acts like he's 8 because the writers can't make up their minds about how mature he's supposed to be, so there's a dissonance between the way he acts and what we're told about him.

CALVARLY OF THE BATTLEFIELD

>You have greatly exaggerated the danger of those powers.

He literally almost killed himself with his shapeshifting. Twice.

When he hit Greg in the recent bomb, while holding back, he sent the guy flying several feet through the air and nearly shattered the dude's ribs.

His bubble can spontaneously shoot spikes of hard light out of its surface.

Steven could easily have killed a human by mistake so far.

Steven cried over a cookie.

i LITERALLY have a fucking copy in my hand nigga

i preordered volume 8

Deku cried because the man he idolized and aspired to become for his entire life essentially died in a final push to save the day with his last words being "You're next" signifying that it's Deku's turn to be the hero. That's reason to cry bruh.

Believe Deku develops a lot as the manga progress he's not really a complet mary sue, but he's learning to control the power and using strategy to win fights, i think that why people like him so much instead of just Deku using one for all, sometimes he wins using his natural abilities or a plan with his friends

>He could easily lay waste to any human city.

In what world could Steven lay waste to a human city? Are you high?

Just watch the first episode, then watch Joy Ride.

Or anything from S2, really.

The difference is insane.

You guys just can't handle how AWESOME and BADASS Steven us. He's practically fucking SUPERMAN and you are lucky to even have the chance to watch this fucking show

Jesus that's terrible.
How have they not picked up on this?

it was a really good cookie m8.

Wow that's REALLY bad

They defend this shit by calling it Sugar's own style.

And by Style they mean complete fucking shit with no consistency.

Then you haven seen all the shit Deku has being through, the school trip arc, all those incredible fights, those tears of joy while scraming for his victory

Even when he does just use one for all you cant really call him a mary sue. Nigger permanently damaged his arms.

>how the fans see Steven
>how everyone else including the fucking show sees Steven

why are you comparing the two. at least deku comes from a genuinely entertaining series

They probably have.

As has been said, the show is hiatus'd so often, the episodes we're seeing recently were probably done over a year ago.

One of the boarders left a while back but we still see episodes by them, because the hiatus pushes us so far behind.

>meanwhile in the upcoming episode

Steven is literally fucking shrinking. They chibified him.

its not just steven

connie has changed so much that people are debating whether or not the fusion is having a side effect on her

Deku's Mom > Rose

Deku is emotional, but he also eventually steels himself and finds the resolve to push past whatever made him cry. In the end, he's stronger for it.

Steven is emotional, and when he cries everything just bends over backwards to coddle him. He never grows or changes and resorts to crying again when similar problems arise.

Half the reason I like the show is because of Deku. He reminds me more of characters like Ippo than the typical shonen protagonist, which is a bit refreshing.

His skill set is nicely balanced thanks to his power being all or nothing. Although it's essentially a God Mode he takes visible damage from it every time he uses it, and relying on it puts him completely out of commission, so there's some tension every time he breaks it out. It also puts him in a lot of situations where he's forced to win purely with his wits and craftiness. It's not breaking any new ground but it's well executed.

And even beyond that, just the fact he's the only superhero in the show that wasn't born with his powers, but rather got them through the strength of his character and determination, makes it feel like the kid has earned his place. Even him being mentored by the coolest guy in the world doesn't make him super special when that guy is everyone's teacher.

Christ.

>when they hype up the cluster and Steve saves the day by talking to it
>they honestly want us to believe that he was able to calm thousands if not millions of tortured and damaged and confused souls

>Steven is emotional, and when he cries everything just bends over backwards to coddle him. He never grows or changes and resorts to crying again when similar problems arise.

You could have just said "I haven't watched Steven Universe."

Or just not said anything at all, since you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

I love the shocked expression of S1 Connie's face
>that's me?

Everything in this show is retarded. The art is fucking terrible and getting worse fast. And the writing makes no sense. Connie had lied to her parents and told them Steven was in a nuclear family. But she doesn't want to admit she lied. So does she tell the truth and say that the mother's close friends are helping raise him?

Fuck no, they decide that making them fuse into this fucking abomination was a better idea. AND THE GEMS AND THE DAD GO ALONG WITH THE IDEA

Good taste

Don't do Gems kids, that shit will mess you up good.

>steven is almost the same size as his father in that picture

That sounds like a very typical conflict actually.

I'm guessing the point is that she shouldn't have lied and she was overreacting? That's normal cartoon shit.

This is just a personal thing but I really hate the way the lips are drawn on a lot of these characters.
They're so ugly.

thats the joke my guy

Much as I feel the BnHA hype is getting out of hand, I will say when I read it I felt at the very least the lead's backstory justified his personality well.

He's in an Age of Apocalypse scenario where super powered individuals are not only quickly approaching the majority but are also very influential and well respected in society instead of feared and hated.

What's more is Izuku personally idolized superheroics since childhood, and yet despite these life defining elements he never gained a super power, even his mother had some small shit if I recall but he didn't even inherit that, but never lost his idolized world view.
The final nail comes in that he didn't have a presence socially, so he was quickly and easily relegated to the bitch of a super powered group of bullies for some time and could only really smile and bear it because he had no other friends and making enemies would be a very bad idea in his world.

That sort of silently accepted, rigorous, mind numbing psychological abuse would make anyone emotionally fragile. Not because they're in touch with their inner child or sensitive side, because their earnest belief in all that is good and just has been crushed and spat on their whole life.

It's like having to give the world of cardboard speech every day, except in Bizarro.

>it's a joke defense

To be fair he is sitting down. His legs are floating in the air while gregs are on the ground. What you should really be noticing is that stephens head is about twice the size of his dads.

I don't know who the anime kid on the left is.

I think it might be bigger.

>he doesnt know about boku no pico Academia

i mean, literally yes. it was a joke. thats like complaining that its impossible for daffy duck to get his beak blown around his head

it's supposed to be funny man like i dont kno what to tell you

Deku has wrecked his arms enough times that you could say he hasn't cried enough.

Pic related is Deku telling someone else to stop being a pussy after wrecking his already wrecked hand

the best part is that the animators actually bitched about how hard their jobs was on twitter

I can't remember any animator complaining about being paid to animate. The fact that it's the SU animators asking for bity is just fucking sad

So what the episode isn't canon? We are just going to ignore the fact that Connie's parents met this giant four story tall multi armed freak and didn't freak out?

I really don't.

nigga thats not an su animator. spreading fake news once again

>SU animators complaining

>Be Deku in the tournament
>Fuck each of your fingers
>Fuck them again
>Fuck the whole hand too
>Nah, you don't need your arms
>Especially fuck your legs

>Be Deku at the mountain
>Fuck your arm
>That didn't work so you better do it again
>Nah just kidding, one more time at 1,000,000% STRENGTH
>Still run around the forest with a kid on your back

Say what you want but he's a trooper

Poor babies, maybe go visit korea for a while.
Google it fag.

>Age of Apocalypse scenario
Actually maybe I should have gone with House of M, but it really depends on the view of the inhabitants.

There was a society of sorts in AoA after a point, it was just one of extremes. Most mutants didn't mind though.