I am reading some of the early Wally West stuff and I never realized how unnoble he was, especially compared to Barry...

I am reading some of the early Wally West stuff and I never realized how unnoble he was, especially compared to Barry. I mean the guy's got to eat but I was surprised
>Plays the lottery hopping to win
>Demands free health care for helping a girl out
>Criticizes Barry's "Do anything to save anyone" attitude because it left Barry in huge debt

Yeah he's 20. Dude's a kid of course he's a stupid jerk

ps he isn't wrong.

Yup, he was a fucking dick for several years. When Waid got a hold of him he grew so much and became a better person, because Waid really got what made Barry so great.

Waid wrote Wally essentially as himself, so his idolization of Barry came along with that.

Well, user.
He wasn't rich, he wasn't get paid for a job, like Barry. He didn't have a familly who could support him and wasn't with the titans anymore.

He ate a ton by that times and was blaking out each time he wasted a lot of effort in run and going fast.

Someone has to pay for all. I can understadn. And ge didn't ask for something unreasonable.

I mean, yes, he was a bit of a jerk at that time, but it wasn't that bad and half the stuff is understable.

He got a lot better with the passing of years. He still didn't get to be patient, tho. Biggest flaw he has.

>Health Insurance
why would he need that?

That's why he's good. He genuinely grows over time.

It's also why the DCAU version doesn't work that well for me. He was slutty enough but not hard enough and too "lol" funny.

In case he gets sick or hurt?

This is before he got speed force hax and might have been before he was in the JL(E).

Are there any other main Leagers who developed as much as Wally?

Yeah. Wally was a total piece of shit. That said most people don't like the Baron run that much anyhow.

Honestly the only other character in comics that I can think of is Songbird over at Marvel. There's probably others though.

No one developed as realistically as Wally. He's the only character that you could see go through the whole stage of growth until they got rid of him. Even Dick suffered from some arrested development after he became Nightwing -- he's the same cockswinging early 20somethings playboy he's been since the 90s.

I even remember a Johns Flash comic where Wally talked about why he and Dick had grown distant, "I got married. He didn't."

Peter Parker had a good argument for developing as much as Wally until OMD.

My favorite thing about that is Waid basically did an OMD plot with Wally and Linda years before Spider-man, only the conclusion was "Fuck you Satan you dumb shit" rather than "You're right, Satan, I agree."

Basically Wally da best.

Non leaguer. Jack Knight until his retirement ?

Jack's arc is really similar to Wally if you cut out Wally's time as Kid Flash.

Not as much but just as good. Jack even passed up Wally in a sense with the retirement.

I'll agree with this. Peter started out as an angry self centered cunt with a superiority complex. He got better, and it made sense. Until shitty writers finally did him in.

This is ironic. Because Waid is such a fucking dick now.

>>Plays the lottery hopping to win

Um why wouldn't you play the lottery to win? Or are you just against playing the lottery in general, OP?

Waid thought Barry was boring and didn't idolize him at all. But he knew Wally should idolize him.

>Plays the lottery hopping to win

Yeah, what an asshole. Doesn't he know most people play hoping to lose?

Is this an edit?

no just mind control

Wally was being mind-controlled to be racist?

Yep.

legitimately yes

There was like a giant racism aura making machine or something. It also made Mal obsequious to said racism.

Kyle> Wally

>WASPS need to be mind-controlled to be racist

This comic book universe truly is unlike RL.

You might like Kyle more but the dude didn't even exist long enough before Hal came back to get as much development as Wally.

>Honestly if superheroes were real they would demand some sort of compensation for their work.

Truth be told, Wally is overrated.

I'd rather my taxes goes to superheroes then the police.

The police can finance themselves through looting, yes, but superheros can't.

Why would anyone need health insurance?
Mr. President, don't you have work to do?