Which of the two is the more promising/has more potential?

Which of the two is the more promising/has more potential?

Gold, it's got more word of mouth exposure and an over all better cast. Seriously, fuck the O5 and Bendis.

Gold, but that might just be because it was stroking my Claremont nostalgia.

The art was kinda shit though, so I'm looking forward to Syaf's disappearance.

Blue. The first issue flashed potential. Bunn's dialogue can be cringeworthy though.

Who's taking over for Gold's art?

Neither? I don't like Guggenheim or Bunn.

Gold has the more well developed Claremont team. The o5 and Jimmy Hudson can fuck off and die for all I care.

Blue, obviously.

The O5 and Jimmy are horrible almost beyond imagination, but it's also got Bunn still writing Magneto.

Gold is fucking Guggenheim making what looks to be a solid attempt at the most boring X-Men of all time.

Neither is really worth following.

Of the entire line, only Cable looks promising.

Generation X has a non-zero chance of being readable, but we all know it won't be.

Blue so far. I mean Guggenheim ya know....

All of those characters are shit except poor Piotr, Storm and Kurt and they haven't be great in a long time. Bunn is the better writer but the time shifted O5 are the worst group of X-men in history

Based on the first issue alone I'd say Blue. Gold just felt bland

BLUE.

Not because GOLD's artistic integrity has already been undermined by anti-Semitic Sup Forumstardation, but because BLUE isn't trying to recapture past Claremont magic by rehashing the Claremont cast and Nimrod storyline.
(there was never any old O5 magic to recapture)
BLUE has the legit potential to break new narrative ground and provide actual character development, has the promise of darker storylines than the last O5 book had, has freaking MAGNETO, the upcoming Jean solo means that BLUE is already going to be more directly connected to major X-events than GOLD, it's already hinted that it's going to have an Emma story, I say again: an EMMA story ... and with that whole unresolved murderous Kidclops thing too, and I even like the artwork.

Claremont is the reason the X-Men franchise is stagnant and has an untenable place in modern comics.

X-Men only do two things: have casual sex and die

Only one is blessed by Allah and fights the Great Satan's apostate Christian influence so the answer is clearly Gold.

are they rebooting original/80's xmen teams AGAIN?

No. The fault lies in bad writers either paying homage or they are just simply bad writers. Either way, I'll take a boring and safe shit over fuckery I never asked for like o5 or Jimmy Hudson.

>BLUE has the legit potential to break new narrative ground and provide actual character development

>He doesn't know about the upcoming Jean love triangle

Both are bad, bland, and boring line-ups for different reasons. I'm more interested in the upcoming Astonishing X-Men. I would also check out the Generation X series if it had the actual Generation X.

The Gold team is so fucking boring. Guggenheim isn't going to do anything interesting with them, other than retread old ground.

Going back to the Kitty/Colossus relationship for the umpteenth time is just pointless as hell
The last time Storm was interesting was in the adjectiveless X-men run before she left Utopia. She was proud to be leader and unapologetic when she had to butt heads with Cyclops. Ever since Logan died she's been acting so goddamn put upon about how hard it is to be leader and so worried about causing trouble with the Inhumans. And now she's just giving all of the responsibility of leadership to Kitty, who fucked off the planet during the M-Pox crisis. She's fucking pathetic.

There's literally nothing about Gold that looks redeemable.

At least Bunn can write Magneto

The true answer is Astonishing X-Men out in July. Seriously fuck both of these books they're straight up going backwards and not forwards, also Blue adding yet another Wolverine into the main universe is beyond fucky.

>says claremont is boring and safe
>never asked for fuckery

Have you even read any Claremont X-Men comic? The guy inserts his sexual deviancy into every page.

At least gold doesn't have a character being forced to be gay.

You say that like Soule isn't going to be terrible.
Soule is going to be terrible.

I know we all want to believe we'll get one decent X-Men book out of this, but it isn't gonna happen.

You completely misconstrued my post. I meant Gold being boring and safe with its team and writing. Trying to appease the Claremont nostalgia in broad strokes. We aren't talking about subtle messages in the panels.

Soule is good when he wants to be, I have some faith it'll be a good book, so far it has the best team out of all the X-Books so far. Weapon X could be so much better if Pak wasn't going for a cookie cutter narrative followed with complete fuckery with the upcoming crossover with Totally Awesome Hulk on top of Greg Land's bland art.

So his Marvel output being mostly garbage was intentional.

Generation X is the only X-book that is even somewhat on my radar.
>Gold written Guggenheim and is just genuinely boring
>Blue written by Bunn and about the O5
>Weapon X is ruined by Land
>Astonishing written by Soule with an abominable roster
Even Generation X is a gamble with Strain not having written a book before

>in 50 years Jean has had exactly 2 stories, love drama and Phoenix drama
>Blue will have love drama
>her solo will have Phoenix drama

Well yeah they're forcing him to write about shitty NuHumans and Judicial Lawyer nonsense, both of which he does not want to do at all. His DC and Indy stuff is pretty solid.

I don't think they were forcing him to write the lawyer stuff. He chose to make Matt a prosecutor, he chose the shitty storylines he has
He can write decent lawyer stuff, his She-Hulk book was great. His Daredevil stuff just sucks

NOBODY GIVE THIS user THE SPOILER
I want them to really feel shock when it happens

>SUDDEN X-MEN DANCE PARTY xD

Shush child, that comic is dead now.
It can't hurt you anymore.

Blue has a better creative team.

Blue is terrible, half the dialogue is Pumping up Jean as a leader, even tho it doesn't make sense the other half of the book is the team shitting on Cyclops at every turn.

Gold is dull, but unoffensive outside the controversy.

I want to call you out on this but I can't think of anything

that is actual plot of the solo, the Phoenix is coming back to Earth, slowly, and Teen Jean is studying/training with various character in the Marvel Universe to learn how to "beat" in.

in one issue she teams up with Kid Omega, Rachel and Hope and in another she teams up with Thor.

and they're bringing back the Jean Logan Scott triangle in Blue but with Jimmy Hudson in place of Logan.

I thought Quentin was the one teaming up with Thor?
And why would Thor be involved with Jean's Phoenix research when she's never been possessed like the other character's Jean's consulting, and is this before or after she contacts Namor?
And Jean's dumped Scott, every chance she gets, she's with Hank now (although they aren't ever seen actually dating)
And She's met Jimmy before, there wasn't any romance there.
If anything she'd rekindle that Old Man Logan creepy vibe on the side.

In a rare bit of Marvel Continuity the Kid Omega and Thor thing happens 1st like in the next issue of Thor and that leads into the Jean Grey solo.

I believe the Phoenix is approaching Asgard (as if it's an alien planet...) on it's way towards Earth.

as for the Jimmy-Jean-Scott love triangle, that's just details from interviews with the creators, all we know about Jimmy so far is that he's lost his memory and he is from 1616 universe.

Uncle Guggie or the 05?

Christ, it's a real damned if you do, damned if you don't kind of deal

I'm just going to wait and see if Astonishing turns out alright in July

Really?
This is all happening right now in the cosmic themed Marvel comics.
In the Thanos book some characters just stole a Phoenix Egg from Terrax.
In the Thor book Asgard just went to war with the Shiar. (and you know they have a history with the bird)
In Unworthy' they just rescued Asgard from The Collector. (so it's recently been mobile)
Seems like it's already falling together different from what you've heard.

And how many times does it have to be said; "Jean's dumped Scott."
It's a whole knowing better thing, it doesn't even matter if she likes him and he pines for her.
And she's still with Hank, they haven't broken up yet, so you've got to at least include him in any triangles.

>Guggenheim isn't going to do anything interesting with them, other than retread old ground.

To be fair, that was the mission statement. The trouble is, I don't think people deep down honestly want the Claremont days back. They might like the idea, but you can't go back to the status quo of that time anymore with the characters. It's been over for almost 25 years at this point, with subsequent writers trying to emulate it with varying degrees of success, while still moving forward with cast (but not too far). Post-Morrison shake in the status quo, going back to it now just feels wrong.

But what do I know, I was calling X-men shit since Messiah CompleX ended, but people kept insisting it was building to something really amazing.

Making Jeam team leader is a good idea, but why, for the love of God why, does it have to be done with time placed Teen Queen Bitch who's going to have a love triangle with teen Wolverine and teen-Scott?

Gold had the bullshit controversy that stains its launch.
Blue had Angel actually do something useful in a fight.
Winner : Blue.
Loser : Anyone spending money on either title.

Just out of curiosity,
do you have a non-misogynistic, non-headcanon, non-meme reason to call Jean a "Bitch"?
Or is this one of those things where you never read a comic written before 1990 and you're basing everything you think you know about the past's version of Jean on old stereotypes, and you wanted to see that portrayal instead of this comic-canon accurate one?

I really liked Bunn's Uncanny. Bunncanny and Lemire's OML were the only X-titles I didn't drop throughout ANAD.

Gee I don't know, which one has mostly characters most everyone wants gone and never asked for to begin with?

None of them. Either fix X-men properly or let it die until such a time as you find someone worthy of bringing it back

Honestly, they should've put Ewing on Gold or Astonishing instead of Guggs and Soule.

>his She-Hulk book was great
I wanted to read it but I just could not get past Pulido's art.

I have a weird love/hate for Kitty Pride Colosus and Nightcrawler, I don't really care about oldverine storm or the summers girl, blue is just mehh o5 again

Blue because you know Cullen Bunn is going to bring out obscure/forgotten characters that fans love.