>2007 was 10 years ago

>there have been 10 seasons since this movie came out.

>i have been calling them steamed hams ever since.

And yet this show keeps going. Just let it fucking die already.

>how it feels to chew 5 Gum

Was this movie good?

It was an 8/10 movie
If you for some reason see Season 13-17 Simpsons as complete cancer and Season 21-27 as an improvment, instead of the other way round, you won't enjoy it.

not really ,no.

had the same type of humor you see in present seasons of the Simpsons. lots of forced dialogue and plot points.

it was like watching a very long episode of todays Simpsons.

I remember enjoying the first half and being somewhat underwhelmed during the second half.

2007 never happened, user. We all died in the 1977 war. Everything since then has just been a dream.

It's time to go back to sleep.

No but it wasn't super bad either.
It's a mediocre movie that you'll completely forget within a few days.

It was a movie made for a test audience, not the fans of the series; the film should have been made for the golden age fans, but it reeks of newer seasons.
>Lisa gets a pretentious plot about global warming

It manages to feel like a longer episode of the show without feeling as if it overstays its welcome. You can even treat it as a series finalé if you want; it works well in that regard.

The humor feels more like Zombie Simpsons than Classic Simpsons, but more jokes land than miss. The same goes for the movie's more emotional moments. Marge's taped goodbye to Homer is still one of the most heartwrenching scenes in the franchise's history. While the animation can feel like Zombie Simpsons—stiff and slightly lifeless—it still looks good enough to keep you immersed in the story.

>year 1977 after the Jebus
>war
Sta Wars was released in 1977. Did it actually happen?

It was ok. Franchise should've used it as a finale.

This. It was good but unremarkable and it should have been the shows grand sendoff.

>tfw the simpsons movie is old enough to have sex with

It was alright. Anybody have the fansite that goes into all the flaws of what made this not great?

The Simpsons already had all these adventures and situations that made the movie seem obsolete. A movie is supposed to feature scenes and characterizations that are practically absent in the original.

It was better than the show at the time but still no where close to as good as the Simpsons in it's prime. It's watchable and that's about the most you can say about it.

2006 was the last year that felt real. It was the last year before social media really took over, the last you could still get away with certain late 90s/early 00s fashion, such as khaki cargo pants. You could still buy a CD from Sam Goody or Wherehouse Music. You could still shop at CompUSA and Circuit City. Early 2000s shows like Malcolm in the Middle and That 70s Show had their last episodes then. Little things like that.

Since 2007, we've entered a modern, slick social media iPhone universe.

No. If you haven't seen it yet save yourself the shame and never see it.

>the last you could still get away with certain late 90s/early 00s fashion, such as khaki cargo pants.
I still wear those though. Nobody's ever told me not to. Fuck them tight jeans wearing little emo shits.

I just happened to see the last minutes of the Lady Gaga episode

It literally ends with Lisa and Gaga singing about what a great person Lisa is and how she'll make the world better and shit like that

What the fuck is wrong with these writers?

Social media ruined internet

>2006
>not 2000
time literally stopped at the turn of the century. its been the year 2000 for over 200 months now

>Rattatoille is 10 years old

>This is a 19 year old film

8,000 BCE was 10,000 years ago

BC

It's a weird feeling realizing that the majority of Pixar's films will go forgotten, because the majority are so blandly similar in tone, message, and visuals.

Grand Theft Walrus made it worth the price of admission

Look into hauntology.
You'll have to dig a bit through pretencious-ish stuff you won't understand, but it's cool and deals with this feeling. (Though more towards the 1970s.)
It's a fascinating social/cultural phenomenon, we're constantly trapped by the present - without a vision for the future. Even in the 90s, they promised us a future - what happened to it? Where is the future?

I'm ridiculously tired so I won't even try to form a verbal link to what I just said in any coherent way:
It's tied into "The end of history" (it must be remembered this is not the end of *events* but the end of the ideological progress, just google it, it's a thing.) with the collapse of the soviet union and a bunch of other stuff, including the changes to the way we work (post-fordism) and IF we work (neoliberalism/abandonment of full employment as policy aim) combining to ensure precarity, and generally breaking the ~victorian (but certainly 1900s) > 1970s trend of accelerating towards the future, say from the airplane to the moon landing. With the onset of stagflation and stagnation in living standards, and so on and so forth, this trend of unstoppable progress was bucked and we moved from high ideological promises for a better future towards a more staid managerial style of liberal capitalism best embodied by Bill Clinton. This trend was Helped along the way, naturally, by the failures and disappointments of several futuristic promises ("Nuclear power will be too cheap to meter!")

So now you have this weird present where we're constantly nostalgia-mining the postwar period. Maybe we'll keep doing it, but it feels like the signal is getting weaker and weaker as time goes on. 2000s nostalgia weaker than 90s, 2010s doubtless weaker still. Less new, more remixes!

The end of history is nightmarish. Restart the engine come what may.

modern disney movie are same, but they have disney quality seal

But I see the show that way, and also liked the movie. The whole point of the movie was that it was superior to how the show was at the time

Star Wars, especially the Death Star, was just our collective unconsciousness' way of dealing with the trauma. Why do you think we keep revisiting Star Wars with sequels, remasters, the EU, etc, always changing it, unable to overcome it?

Disney too, it doesn't help that they've recently gotten hooked on recycling Tangled's assets. At least the 90s films had mildly different artstyles.

No. It was Zombie Simpsons like the rest of the show was by that point. They really tried to force that unfunny spider pig shit. You can skip it and not miss a thing. They did kill off Dr.Nick in the movie for some reason. He gets crush/impaled on a giant piece of glass.

>if it aint broke..

>Best animated movie of 2007 will be 10 years old this year

Jaysus Christ

Ralph is the exception. Best mainline Disney film in years.

>Stupid Dancing Penguin movie wins Oscar
>One year later Surf's Up gets an Oscar nod
>Academy scratches head, thinks 'Didn't a penguin movie win last year?'
>Academy decides 'Fuck this copycat film, give it to that Rat movie Pixar made'
Stupid Happy Feet, because of that Surf's Up has never been able to rise to greater heights. Having a sequel be backed by the WWE and have wrestlers cameo in it is the equivalence of an A-tier star one year be relegated to hawking infomercials the next year.

Dude...

Rattatoille was amazing. Fuck your retarded surfing Shia LeBouf penguin movie.

It's was an okay movie. Though I might be remember it more fondly mainly due to the fact, that it was playing on the tv when I lost my virginity

No, it did not. Social media was the evolution of every form of Internet communication before it. IRC, instant messengers, forums, blogs, even imageboards like this—they are all predecessors to Twitter and its ilk. What ruined the Internet in 2007 was the same thing that ruined the Internet in 1993: An influx of new users.

Back in 1993, access to Usenet was limited to colleges and universities. New students coming in during September would gain access to Usenet for the first time, then spend time getting used to its established social norms. But in September 1993, AOL offered Usenet access for the first time so it could rival its competitors. Usenet's social norms eventually buckled under a load they could not bear. Pre-1993 users refer to this moment as the start of an "Eternal September", since the influx of new users from the broader Internet has never really ended.

The same thing happened in 2007, to an extent: Smartphones (mainly the iPhone) offered broader Internet access in mobile form, Facebook expanded access to the broader Internet, Twitter went "viral", Tumblr came online, and (specifically for this site) a Fox network affiliate did a news report on Sup Forums. As access to the 'Net and its services rose, so did the number of users on both.

2007 was the start of a second "Eternal September". Ten years later, the Internet is far worse off because of the bullshit brought on by all of those factors I mentioned. (Well, that, and the existence of Sup Forums itself. "Internet Hate Machine" and all that, y'know?) Social media is only a symptom of a much larger disease: the lack of unified social norms across the Internet. So no, Twitter did not ruin the Internet—it just made everyone's shitty behavior much easier to see.

>tfw this movie is too old to have sex with

I think this is the age of realizing that the future that was promised doesn't exist, isn't worth it, or flat out isn't something we should have aspired to.

People work their whole lives to retire. And a week after they retire they're stir-crazy, literally going nuts, because they don't know what to do. It's, I think, why depression has skyrocketed (along with sugar addiction). People quite literally have nothing to live for.

You work for the future in which you don't have to work. But most people retire and after a short period become stir crazy or depressed or a mix of the two. We need purpose in life and few see any. They just refuse to admit it. And so they manifest their depression towards different things and deflect or compensate in ways that will never fill that void.

It's why people start to want to have a child, why they seek a significant other. It's why some people are "married to their jobs" and others are obsessed with their pets. It's why people BUG the fuck out when they see a spoiler for their show that they're just so fucking IN LOVE WITH. Or why people invest so much into political leaders and religious figures instead of ideologies and spirituality.

They need something to give them purpose.

>the end of history
Everyone knows history ended after the fall of the USSR. Fukuyama wrote a book about it.

>I have been here since 2007 at least
christ

Yeah, it's not like classic Simpsons ever had Lisa getting plots about feminist dolls, becoming a vegetarian or an activist beauty queen.

I still remember when people would just laugh at that fox thing and we didnt knew how it chanced everything.

No. Felt like an episode of Family Guy. Absolute dogshit.

Best animated series movie there is, not saying much though, 8/10 at best

Recess and South Park were better

Social media ruined the world, if we go by all the shit that ripples across nations through memery alone.

I still remember when experts thought the Internet woud reinforce and actualize democracy, and end illiteracy and discrimination and ignorance, and unite the world into one harmonious society... And then Hillary Clinton declares war on a cartoon frog.

faggot