Can someone explain this? I dont read comics but follow some butthurt sjw's on twitter

Can someone explain this? I dont read comics but follow some butthurt sjw's on twitter.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/search?f=tweets&vertical=default&q=fcbd secret empire&src=typd
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>I dont read comics but follow some butthurt sjw's on twitter.

Don't post untagged spoilers.

The issue isn't out yet but apparently Jane as Thor will drop it for some reason and he'll pick it up. It's a cliffhanger but the story itself isn't released yet.

>I dont read comics but follow some butthurt sjw's on twitter.
I have to wonder what strange trajectory took your life down this path.

I don't read comics either, but I enjoy trainwrecks

Captain America is a Hydra agent now. Marvel Comics claims that Hydra =/= Nazi but the MCU and Agents of Shield says Hydra = Nazi and public opinion agrees. A while back there was a huge public outcry about it and the fucking Holocaust Museum tweeted to tell Marvel it was a bad idea.

Now some time has passed and Captain America, still a Hydra agent and arguably a Nazi, has been deemed worthy of lifting Thor's hammer, which seems like it means the hammer is condoning being a Nazi.

casuals confuse "worthy" with "morally good"

Hope Jane manages to die of the cancer she refuses to cure before she gets it back

Casualfag here. If Hydra isn't nazi, what the fuck is their ideology? Like Cobra Commander's?

Im sorry
Thank you!

>I go out of my way to piss myself off so I can post screencaps on Sup Forums and circlejerk about it and fish for (you)s

Purge this place with fire

>Casualfag here. If Hydra isn't nazi, what the fuck is their ideology? Like Cobra Commander's?

Basically, yes.

This is actually really stupid. If Cap is a bad guy now, how can he be worthy of lifting Thor's hammer?

They're just fascist. Still bad but not the same.

no it's the same, they are just not "nazi's" this issue only exists because of Hydra Cap.

Funny you should say that, friend. COBRA actually started out as a division of HYDRA. You might have noticed that Baron Zemo looks a lot like Cobra Commander (with the cloth mask).

There was a pitch for a SHIELD vs. HYDRA series that Marvel reworked into the 80s GI JOE series.

yo they need to check the firmware on that hammer, first a cancer patient and now a nazi? Who gets it next, Squirrel Girl?

Scratch that, she's probably had it already

Wasn't Cobra's philosophy mostly Cobra Commander not wanting to pay taxes?

Authoritarianism.

Cult of personality. Strongman leader. Strong millitary. Erratic leadership. So, Musolini.

Why do you think the hammer detects good vs evil?

Rather than morality, I thought the hammer's requirement was having the spirit of a warrior, which is why on some occasions, Superman can't lift it due to his no-killing rule.

>left hates it
>right hates it
>Sup Forums enjoys it

The hammer was evil all along

What is the hammer's code for "worthy"?

The MCU seemed to imply it was a moral thing in AOU so that's what 90% of people will believe.

There might be technicalities that make this make sense but honestly I have no idea how Marvel didn't realize this makes them look pro-Nazi.

when it triggers both sides you know it's good

The same as everything in comics. Whatever the current writer says it is.

>neither sides haven't actually read it past issue 1
Spencer's an arrogant prick and his Sam Wilson is mostly trash with him just masturbating to his political alignment and strawmanning others but Captain Keikaku is solid

spoil that shit.
Read the issue, it's hype. Sorrentino does the buildup justice.

We don't know!

That's the kicker. Now that it's actually under a microscope, we realize we have no idea what it means for someone to be "worthy" of Thor's hammer. Jason Aaron's explorations of the concept have only served to confuse matters.

Marvel trying to divide HYDRA from Nazis is like trying to make Inhumans a thing. Public opinion's never gonna let that happen no matter how hard Marvel tries.

It's supposed to literally be 'Odin finds this person worthy of this power'.

Odin has been shit on for like decades now so iono, maybe he's a Trumpfag now. I wouldn't put it past the writers.

wait

doesn't this basically invalidate Whore's worthiness?

I mean Steve did just kill Red Skull for being a Nazi. Probably should have been in the main book though.

>Event ends
>She refuses to pick it up because "Hydra" hands have touched it

I understand Odin being kind of shitty to Thor and Loki, that's just family stuff, it'd be weird if he was super kind and loving considering it's his disdain for Thor that gets him sent to Earth in the first place

But just being... a shitty old pirck in general? is this Aaron's idea? Does Aaron have hella daddy issues? Southern Bastards suggests he might have hella daddy issues

Who fucking knows. Wonder Man could hold it when he was given god powers, Awesome Android could mimic the worthiness, fucking Ragnarok could wield it so this levels it to likely mean it has something to do with your mindset rather than being good or just.
My money is on your minds resolution. If you are determined to see your goal through no matter the cost I think Mjolnir clicks over to "worthy" and you can lift it.

i thought he killed him for being a failure

Odin's been pretty shitty since JMS at the latest, probably earlier but I haven't read that far

Hail Hydra

"Was Gorr right Y/N"

Honestly I'm still wondering about how Cap will come back from this when he goes back to normal. People aren't just gonna forgive and forget that the most looked up patriot to america ruled over them as the leader of Hydra.

They kill steve and replace him with Rayshaun AKA patriot 398.

alternate time line cap takes his place

Killed him for trying to pervert Hydra's beliefs with his Nazi shit. This has been the plot for like the entire ongoing.

this whole stunt seems like a last gasp at making people not want Steve as Cap.

I think the only interesting thing that could come out of this is for him to go into a deep existential depression about how little free will and self-determination mean in a universe full of cosmic geegaws that can fall into the clutches of any random bastard that will let them literally rewrite history itself on a whim

But that's hard to tie into an event book, so it probably won't happen

>People aren't just gonna forgive and forget that the most looked up patriot to america ruled over them as the leader of Hydra.

You're right, they'll just forget because it will be cubed away.

Maybe Steve will be left feeling a little bad in the end.

I wonder if all of this is what's finally going to make Disney take an active hand at Marvel.

You can just imagine some suit from the Mouse coming up to Alonzo and saying, "Hey, you fucker, don't fucking shit up our movies with your trash comics." And threatening him with dissolution if they don't toe the Disney line.

Some of the twitter backlash is hilarious.

They'll back in time and give a girl the steroids to make her Captain America

so in NuCap's history, is Hydra not founded by Strucker?

Wait... is this all because Hickman never finished his Shield mini? So now they're gonna make believe like Hydra is some ancient evil shit like on Agents of Shield, instead of a Nazi spinoff group?

away from the comics world, thor's hammer is a popular symbol (tattoo) for white supremacists

They''' handwave it away and ignore it. See the original Civil War

Because all 3 people that still care about the comics will affect the movie income

>own like 3 HYDRA shirts because I fucking love the logo and the Secret Warriors and shit
>no movie version
>tfw just realized some people at comic related places might now think I'm pro nazi

I mean, I'm not bothered by it but it's a weird time to live in.

twitter.com/search?f=tweets&vertical=default&q=fcbd secret empire&src=typd

The only time I didn't want Steve Rogers to be Captain America was when I wanted Ultimate Peter Parker to become Captain America