Did he kill him?

Did he kill him?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8wQ2x0OKBjU
mega.nz/#!1RpX0ZLC!4_izea0s8z-9lyzlGynW6lRkopHYjf7UENlJS4EqCE0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No, but he should have.

Alan Moore doesn't quite get Batman.

In the noncanon ending he did. I'm the canon ending he didn't. Moore didn't intend for this comic to be canon but it was so good that DC made it so.

absolutely yes

Doesn't matter. You can believe one, or both; whichever you prefer. The open-endedness and ensuing discussion is what makes it interesting.

Can you hook me up with scans of the original coloring? The torrent I found only has the dull digital recoloring, it's so shitty man.

it is left ambiguous because it asks you, what would you do?

Let's let Morrison explain
youtube.com/watch?v=8wQ2x0OKBjU

I like the theory that Bruce kills Joker with the poison needle.

getcomics.info has all your comics. It has literally everything. I fucking love the site.

I can see why he'd think that based purely off of that page, but it doesn't fit the story. Gordon tells him to bring him in by the book. There's nothing to suggest that Batman's finally going to do it, it's not like Joker pushed him too far this time. The only reason the laughter stops is because it fades into the first panel of the book for Alan's beloved symmetry. Which is only there to suggest that their conflict is doomed to repeat itself.

But it doesn't have the one thing I actually want, so congrats on getting 1 click and wasting a minute of my time.

hey man, I was trying to be helpful. Keep lookin dude, I'm sure you'll find it.

To be fair, Batman responds to Gordon's plea to bring him in "our way" with "I'll do my best.", so it could be arguable ambiguity...

That said, I like your point about symmetry and moebius strips.

There's a lot of subtext in Batman's monologue at the beginning of the comic that the only way their continuous struggle will end is if one of them dies.

That was hardly subtext. And like I said, the final panel suggests that their continual struggle hasn't ended.

There's also plenty there to suggest the finality of their struggle. It's very ambiguous. Though if you were to ask Moore himself he would say that no, Batman did not kill the Joker. Though if you ask Brian Bolland you won't get any kind of definitive answer.

It's left ambiguous. I've seen this script excerpt floating around that seems to imply that nothing happens, and they're just hanging onto each other while laughing. But I don't know where this image originates from or whether it's legit.

If you can't find it on your own, you really need to work on your basic internet skills.

mega.nz/#!1RpX0ZLC!4_izea0s8z-9lyzlGynW6lRkopHYjf7UENlJS4EqCE0

I like to think that he did. It makes story much more powerful in my opinion.

The better question would be: Did he rape him?

No, he did not. I admit it makes for a much better ending, or at least more interesting, but it's simply not the case.

>for the record, my intention at the end of that book was to have the two characters simply experiencing a brief moment of lucidity in their ongoing very weird and probably fatal relationship with each other, reaching a moment where they both perceive the hell that they are in, and can only laugh at their preposterous situation. A similar chuckle is shared by the doomed couple at the end of the remarkable Jim Thompson’s original novel, The Getaway.

No because the story became canon