Imperial/pretorian/royal guards

So I just watched star wars the last Jedi, and the scenes with smoke and his guards got me thinking. What are all the known imperial guards, including Legends/comics/non canon?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Star-Wars-Praetorian-Fleece-Hoodie/dp/B076MJ7KV4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Legacy had imperial knights. They were the jedi, except with all the sucky prequel problems

I didn't see TLJ but from what I understand, Snoke is just some fucking guy and his guards are just his guards. It would've been way cooler if he was some kind of medieval "lord" type who trained the Knights of Ren, and Kylo was just the knights' HNIC because he was the most powerful. Kylo and Rey vs. the knights would be a more emotional arc for Kylo since those are his niggas, and their suits would probably look a lot better.

"can you hear me now?"

Another one I'm aware of is the shadow guard, from force unleashed.

Can someone post the webm of the red guard walking around in a circle.

This one?

What is the difference from snoke's guards and the emperor's guards though?

this is the one I was referring to.

I dunno. I just assume they're nameless, faceless guards who protect Snoke with zero backstory. Sheev's guards were the same and didn't even get to fight. I just think it would've been a lot better storywise to have Snoke's guards be the actual Knights of Ren. That way you get to use that plotline, it's a nice fit, there are emotional stakes, etc. Instead it looks like they're just fucking nobodies, which is what we always get.

Supposedly Sniks guards are better, but Sidious' redguards have much more lore. They were supposedly the absolute best of the stormtrooper core, trained relentlessly against one another and against Vader, eventually an entire class of them is whittled down to two candidates who duel each-other to the death. The survivor becomes an actual redguard who swears himself to Sheev.

That would be better in my opinion too. I dunno, I doubt the knights of ten will ever have an actual film appearance not in a flashback or anything.

Palpy's guards have lore. Can't say the comics were that interesting story wise though.

Are they still canon?

No idea, last I heard everything from EU is non-canon.

Damn that's badass.

I thought that everything pre Disney that conflicts with post Disney is non canon

This was a good comic

Yeah, I liked it alot too. Crimson Empire 2 I didn't care for much, but I thought the first one was cool when I was 16 or something.

If it Disney doesn't want to steal ideas from it or replace it with their shit ideas, then it's just in a state of limbo. Once it conflicts with something shat out by a braindead writer for a trash director or when Disney decides they want to make a shittier ripoff version then it's kicked out of canon entirely.

Personally I don't give a shit who says what is canon, the shitty new movies and nu-lore suck and to me they're no more valuable than bad fanfic.

There was a series published by Dark Horse that I can't remember the name of right now that follows the training of Royal Guards

Just bought this bad boy

Here's a summary from the old lore.

I'd wear it. Amazon?

Where is that from?

This looks like a Kylie Minogue video. Fucking nuWars.

Sound like Saradaukar

Not even just Star wars that has many-versus-few choreography errors, but I expect better given the resources.

Such a good game

amazon.com/Star-Wars-Praetorian-Fleece-Hoodie/dp/B076MJ7KV4

Pfffffft

Anyone else getting strong Kurasawa vibes from this?

in Lords of the Sith, the canon novel that came out a couple years back, one of his guards is revealed to be an old Clone trooper.

Makes me glad Sheev's guards weren't shown in combat after that shit-show.

Crimson Empire still holds up. Its based off of a rift in the Imperial Remnant. The remaining Imperial Guard do not want to join up with some moffs, so their Stormtroopers turn against the Guard and shit hits the fan.

Read it. It adds some great details and backstory to them.

This was badass, I remember reading it as a kid and thinking how cool it was that they actually showed limbs being cut off and shit.

The Knights of Ren were completely forgotten about, weren't they

So basically... the best of the clones from Jango (

How did Snoke hire Sheevs guards? Or even know what their uniform looked like?

Don't tell me that the guards are actually called "Praetorians"

You know what why do the guards attack them when snoke is dead? The nigga that pays you is dead, you don’t gain anything by attacking Kylo.

I'm pretty sure it's implied that those guards are the Jedi disciples who weren't slaughtered by Kylo and "disappeared" with him.

Because

>tfw just finished reading the Crimson Empire trilogy

What are the ones in the back doing? Did Nolan guest direct this scene?

man as much as I loathe TLJ these guys were cool af. I really really want to buy the toys of these Praetorian guards, good thing my wife didn't allow me to buy them.

They only got to look cool because both Kylo and Rey forgot their Force powers and decided to fight them with their lightsaber "skills" alone.