Is it hard to take comic writers seriously when it seems like any time a republican is in the white house they lose...

Is it hard to take comic writers seriously when it seems like any time a republican is in the white house they lose their shit and any time there is a democrat he is the second coming of jesus?

Like God loves man kills and parts of xtinction adgenda were about how Claremont thought fucking Ronald Reagan was evil.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overton_window)
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>being so sensitive you're retroactively triggered by the 80s

>how dare you damn libs call republicans evil
>eight years of taking hot wet shits on Obama and we're just gonna pretend that didn't happen

People get invested in their politics and comic writers aren't professional to keep that shit quiet. Or if you need a Sup Forums example, Chuck Dixon's ideas about Bill Clinton and The Gay.

I'm just saying the savage dragon Trump thing doesn't really mean shit when you look back and see they did the same shit about Bush and Regan.

Like if you call everyone a Nazi the word loses meaning.

Cry me a river OP. People taking shots at politicians is nothing new, regardless of the party.

Sounds like a triggered Trump snowflake here.

I'm kidding but seriously, it happens. Reagan was pretty awful on a lot of things, like the War on Drugs and his refusal to admit AIDS was a problem until far too late, since it was "a gay disease".

There was also unintentionally creating terrorist organizations like Al-Quada and Taliban.

>Ronald Reagan was evil.
wasn't he?

Remember when Ultimate Reed had one of his mutant bastards suicide bomb Obama?

That was congress and most of D.C.

good work, reed

He was more oblivious than evil. He was also very unhealthy.

Probably because every time a Republican is in the White House we have some mixture of an economic collapse, a war, or a government-spanning corruption scandal.

Every. Single. Time.

Reagan also did a shitload of deregulation on Savings & Loans which led to a massive economic crisis.

Yeah, like the war to free the slaves.

>this thing our party was responsible for 150 years ago is just as relevant as all the things they're responsible for the last 40 years!

if not for Lincoln the Republicans wouldn't have a single inch of moral high ground

Africans love George W Bush because he secured a legacy there by giving them lots of aid. :^)

Can't forget the merry hell that resulted from supply side economics.

Except Lincoln would have been perfectly fine with letting the South keep their slaves if it meant preserving the Union. The South, which are Republicans today, shit themselves before Lincoln even was in office to cut a deal.

Not to mention ideologically, the parties has switched so Lincoln would be considered a Democrat today based on his platform. Same with Teddy Roosevelt. Or are you going to try and claim that Republicans are pro environment and consumer rights?

>Except Lincoln would have been perfectly fine with letting the South keep their slaves if it meant preserving the Union.
Funny, given he was an abolitionist.

You resurrected this thread two hours in to score a point. Fuck you.

Yes, but he prioritized preserving the Union over everything else.You should really read up on history.

He also supported a "ship black people back to Africa" policy.

I wish someone would make a superhero sidekick based on Barron Trump the way Bendis made Miles based on Obama. i would actually like to see Superboy redone as a Barron clone. just to fuck with twitter.

Write to Nick Spencer.

actually i want marvel to stay the fuck away from Barron. its too late to do superboy BUT a Barron character could easily be part of a LSH relaunch Make him a time traveller and Sup Forumswill think they discovered the truth first lol

Why are you surprised, OP? The Overton window (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overton_window) of mainstream comics is pretty damn narrow, and "alternative" comics mostly try to expand it leftward. There hasn't been a single comic book writer as right-wing as Lovecraft.