Nickelodeon comes to you and offers you one chance to pitch a third Avatar series to them. What's the premise?

Nickelodeon comes to you and offers you one chance to pitch a third Avatar series to them. What's the premise?

Whatever gets pitched can't be worse than the premise of this threa.

It's basically the 1960's in the avatar universe, and they're going to use the return of sozin's comet to power a rocket to the moon and back.

I would do a short sequel series that focuses on the Gaang as adults. I would also make it retcon the entirety of Korra.

Did you sage?

I refuse. Avatar was good because of two reasons.
1) It was fresh.
2) A soul was put into it.

Without those two, you just get Korra. It had a great premise, but then it turned out to be shit.

It's a spiritual succesor where the 4 elements and their subsections are reflavored and the series takes place in an abandoned underground infinite city complex with the avatar wandering around gathering a group of friends (similar to atla) and helping people survive in the maze / escape from the maze. Tech level is atla. Made with a tvMA rating or something like that to allow for darker atmosphere of the maze.
it's quite ambitious right?

/thread

this

It's been 50 years after Korra's story. Technology has progressed so much, and bending is slowly losing its practitioners. The old spirits are losing their powers. Culture is rapidly shifting due to the faster flow of information technology - and yet there are those who yearn to control the masses through bleeding-edge technology. But beneath the totalitarian dystopia of One Republic City, new spirits are beginning to grow, both good and bad. In these turbulent times, the new Avatar grows.

tl;dr: Cyberpunk Avatar, with Info-Benders, Cyber-spirits, octopus-like grip of megacorps, and Shadowruns.

The more you try to revive it, the more you're going to kill it. One was enough, two has stretching it, three would break it.

quite enjoyed season 3 myself, but one season does not a great show make (otherwise arrow would be stellar)

Similar basic presime of ATLAB but make the Avatar the bad guy.
Now the whole conflicts is about a ragtag team of freedom fighters figuring out how to defeat an evil fully trained avatar.

Do a prequel. Some as of yet unnamed Avatar far enough in the past that you can do more or less anything you want without worrying too much about canon. Maybe keep the stakes low, but focus on personal and interpersonal drama.

Or this.

Or this. Maybe not evil, but a tyrant, perhaps?

kek. You guys know that sooner or later Nick is going to make another series right? They don't need Bryke or the other one, they'll do it solely for money and completely ruin any reputation it had leftover from the shitshow that was Korra.

it's just a matter of time

Interquel about what Aang and the rest were doing after few years

Does he turn evil because his only support is Korra and Korra is fucking godawful at her job, managing to even fuck up from beyond the grave?

I've actually thought this out but it's all fanfiction-tier so I'm not going to go into details. Next Avatar after Korra, grumpy old man Mako is her firebending teacher.

The nations of the avatar land have to team up under the leadership of the avatar when White People from beyond the sea show up and try to appropriate their culture by using Benders to power their fast food restaurants.

A series that covers the events resulting in the first Avatar.

I'd imagine it would be something epic and dire like the clash of the spirit and the mortal worlds.

I'd love to see the idea of bending be applied to other cultures and races. I know years ago Sup Forums did a whole thing about it.

Far in the future, man has traveled space. After hundreds of generations of travel inside a hollowed out asteroid. They have settled on a new world.

There are no spirits here, and bending is dying out. Then a horrible discovery is made. A construction crew digging a train tunnel finds remains of an ancient alien civilation. A rare metal bender trying to prevent drilling equipment falling on someone, bends the drill into a shrine and destroys it. This metal was charged with the chi energy. Which reacted with the shrine. Undoing the seal or the alien world.

Dark spirits and a chi disease threaten mankind. All seems lost and man might have to take to the stars for safety. When a new avatar appears. Her bending is strange and her past lives are alien.

She has just 3 years to bring Balance on a world.not even the natives could.

Maybe not evil, but raised by a tyrannical ruler, either born in the royal family or found as a baby by the main bad guy.

I like the idea that the Avatar decides on Tyranny on their own. Typical Avatar trajectory, masters the four elements and the avatar state, does their thing for a decade or two, and just gets worn the fuck down by all the avoidable nonsense they see, and decides, fuck it, if you idiots can't rule yourselves, then I'll simply do it for you.

Avatar: Tales of the Kyoshi Warriors. It is cute girls doing cute things, so literally nothing can go wrong.

50 years have passed. In 60's/70's times, a cold war has formed between the People's Earth Republic and an alliance of the other nations, namely the Fire Nation. Avatar Korra was asassinated 14 years ago, and now the new avatar is raised and groomed to be a puppet for the Earth Republic.

Basically it's Avatar meets Metal Gear meets kung fu action movies meets speed racer. It's a race against time for the avatar and her to stop the baddies before they drag the world to the brink of global annihilation.

A throwback to TLA, in this one everyone thinks the avatar has been destroyed.

Republic city has gone into a state of economic turmoil, with a large amount of the city turning into ghettos and slums, hustling is glorified on the streets, with several prominent gangs gaining a lot of reputation across the entire continent. The story begins with looking into the lives of two individuals, a water bender and fire bender, best friends since childhood, growing up in poverty, crime, and corruption. They turn to one of the biggest gangs in republic city, the red lotus, as it seems the only possible way to make a living where they come from. The water bender sees this life as destructive and cruel, but goes along because he sees no alternative. The fire bender loves to hustle, and will do anything to establish his reputation within the Red Lotus.

The avatar is from a rural village in the earth kingdom, unknown of his abilities. His family had ties to the White Lotus organization, but his parents had no affiliation whatsoever. The Red Lotus, recently revived as one of the prominent gangs taking over Republic City, aims to remove any and all ties to the white lotus, finding the avatar and his parents and killing them both. The avatar witnesses his own parents death, promoting him to go full avatar, and basically going ape shit on the Red Lotus. Afterwards, the Avatar escapes to Republic city, where he begins his life as a masked vigilante, promising to destroy every last bit of the Red Lotus.

The avatar has a run in with the two individuals in the beginning of the story, while taking part in petty robbery's.

Main villain has connections to the spirit world, and is actually controlling the gangs himself to maximize profit, to fund his goal of immortality/spiritual enlightenment.

I imagine the soundtrack to be a lot of Nujabes/J dilla instrumentals.

Spent a lot of time thinking this over.

There are multiple avatar-like individuals who each rule a kingdom of non-benders, some amicably and some not, and the real one must travel to each kingdom and prove, not necessarily via combat, they are the true avatar

Also miltant subsets of blood, metal, lightning benders

That two parter wasn't enough at all

I would make the series a sequel to Legend of Korra, about ten years later in the timeline. Then I would have all the shitty LOK characters get brutally murdered, crippled or traumatized.

I'm almost done rewatching the last airbender. How is the legend of korra in comparison? I've never seen it.

How else would you follow up the series without copy and pasting the original journey

Korra Atleast had different premise of already learning elements

Trash.

Korra being really good at violence and having to learn how to solve problems without it. What we got instead was Korra supposedly being really good at violence, and trying to solve every problem with violence, but fucking it all up anyway and never accomplishing anything.

A mile-a-minute series covering multiple Avatars, maybe four over two seasons. Focus on political intrigue, diplomacy and maintaining balance, with previous Avatars staying on the main cast as spiritual advisors. Each season would be a cluster of two-episode stories covering some crisis, and the next one would be ten/fifteen years later with a noticeably older Avatar.

Korra has completely fucked up the entire world so much it's regressed back to the technological level of Aang's days, and the new Avatar has to unfuck its shit.

I don't think Nick really cares about Avatar that much, the movie and Korra both failed in their eyes. A new series would be a waste of money to them.

I know season 2 of Korra sucks but we already know how that happened.

Deal with the fact that the FUCKING AVATAR WHO IS MEANT TO BE A PEACEFUL MEDIATOR BETWEEN NATIONS JUST FUCKED OFF TO THE SPIRIT WORLD AFTER 3-YEAR LONG WAR WHEN TENSIONS ARE HIGHER THAN SNOOP DOGG

Or the Balkanisation of the Earth Empire basically causes the kind of bullshit despotism that usually comes from such actions, and because Kuvira got Nuremberg'd after season 4 there's no Great Uniter to bring it all under wraps.

So Korra comes out from a happy spirit adventure to find the entire world as she knew it totally gone forever with new nations where the old used to be, and no separate Elemental countries at all.

>WHO IS MEANT TO BE A PEACEFUL MEDIATOR BETWEEN NATIONS JUST FUCKED OFF TO THE SPIRIT WORLD AFTER 3-YEAR LONG WAR WHEN TENSIONS ARE HIGHER THAN SNOOP DOGG
>she appears in Republic City
>first day on the job
>no one wants her
>stands between her uncle, chief of the North, and her family tribe of the South
>both hate her, even her own family
>goes to see the Earth Queen who was raised by Kuei who went out to see the state of his people back in ATLA
>she hates the Avatar
>rather than try to get Korra on her side, Kuvira tries to kill her
>meant to be a peaceful mediator

If not a single person in power gave her a chance or let her work with them then why is it suddenly going to change now? The people of the world don't want an Avatar except to bail them out of messes like the 100 Year War. No one wants the Avatar so why should she stick around?

First season is great until the climax

Season 2 was trash

Season 3 was actually pretty great the whole way

Season 4 is mix, I liked it though

The Fourth Avatar. If you do the second you get another Airbender. The Third is another Waterbender, which Korra technically was. (Korra used Fire Bending a lot in the non arena combat).

Wan is Fire
Second is Air
Third is Water
Fourth is Earth.

There are dozens of feuding warlords that rule based on their power in Bending. Subtle retcon the airbenders being monks even in the past. or just make it so the ones Wan meet are only a tiny minority.

The previous Avatars established brief stability in some areas before dying. The New Avatar is from a low ranking retainer family, within a minor warlord polity. Once discovery of them being the Avatar, they are taken into the Castle of the ruler. The Ruler wants to secure the Avatar's power, and so betrothal to their kid. The Avatar then is used to fight other warlords, with the nation growing rapidly. However they dislike the brutal policies used by the sides. They end up forcing a peace favoring no nations, while setting up the White Lotus as a peacekeeping group. However the peace is fragile and breaks upon the Avatar's death. The White Lotus is then forced underground.

Some Spirits also are hanging around. Some posses Humans, Animals or objects.

Like a warlord's sword got a spirit in it through some dark ritual. It gives it some dark power, and warps the thoughts of people near it. It also absorbs the powers of those it killed. The Warlord wants to kill the Avatar to gain power. Then he could conquer the world.

>korra is so bad she literally made the world no longer want an Avatar
>she did by herself what the fire nation waged a century of war for

>>korra is so bad she literally made the world no longer want an Avatar
>gets off the boat
>immediately hate her
She didn't have time to do anything then, the world did that for her and continued to do that with each season.

War based series where the first few seasons show unrest between the fire nation and the other nations

Last few seasons are the war, ending with Aang being frozen and a few other things setting up the original series.

In a 60/80s world, a quite, reserved kid teen from the Earth Kingdom learns that they must travel to defeat an awakened evil of some kind. He teams up with an old Bolin and some friends to travel the world fighting benders and spirits alike.

this is basically way better than anything involving the Avatar after Korra

Mixed group of benders and non-benders rushing to get to the new Avatar before he/she gets picked up by other group.

Sort of a White Lotus VS Red Lotus series, with a baby avatar thrown in somewhere during the first series, and probably with the two factions having relatable shades-of-grey-morals.
The baby would go avatar-state-apeshit a few times, because I guess that's inevitable, but mostly learning from the protagonists.

Basically a Zaheer-and-the-gang-succesfully-kidnapping-Korra-and-going-into-hiding-and-learning-not-to-be-such-dipshits-along-the-way-tanks-to-her what if.

As for the setting, let's say Cold War

>I liked it though
all your opinions: discarded

This.

This is cool, but it would be hard to pull off.

I do not know if the people do not want an avatar, but they certainly do not want Korra and I can respect that, aside from that Izumi, Wu, Tenzin and Tonraq and were all pretty open to her or open to reason

Avatar: The Legend of Archie. Archie is the new avatar caught in a love triangle between a blonde water bender and brunette fire bender. The avatar must negotiate peace between the jocks and nerds while solving the problem of fundraising for decorations for the spring fling.

Sounds great, but do not let the White Lotus be a peace keeping force, that is some Korra bullshit. In the original series they were just a group of wise men from all over the world, who had realized that the Fire Nation needed to be stopped. In TLOK they are a glorified police force, which does not fit with the enlightenment theme

What about taking the whole "fracturing" of the Earth Kingdom and focussing the story on a small Fire Nation, um, nation, within the Earth Kingdom and focus on their desperate struggle to maintain their rich and prosperous from invasion.

TL;DR: Rhodesia's fall with bending.

300 years after last avatar. benders are now space-fairing and use technology based on their element. in space they encounter an alien race that can bend space-time.

And she was not even that good with violence, despite having been trained foreverat the end of the series she can barely defeat a skilled metalbender and against Amon she was completely fucked

Korra's abs are the main plot.

Post-apocalypse for real this time

Red Lotus just want to kill the avatar.

Maybe instead he formalizes the Avatar search, like using his old kid toys to identity the Avatar (the same ones used to identify Aang). Before Avatars would be found in late teenage or young adult. With this they could be found as kids like Aang. Which allows them to protect the Avatar.

The Fire nation colonists were either returned or fell within the territory of republic city.

Kuvira was boss. While Korra was weakened.

>And she was not even that good with violence, despite having been trained foreverat the end of the series she can barely defeat a skilled metalbender and against Amon she was completely fucked
It's easier to have her lose in a fist fight than have her win the fist fight and then try to fix the problem with politics.
Can you imagine her losing her bending in front of the people and then standing up and calling Amon out to answer how he intends to help people like "her?" To have sane Equalists in the audience ask him what his plans for helping the people are?
To bend Unalaq over her knee and spank him because she has 10,000 years of fighting experience at her disposal now and three more elements and then try to help the Spirit World be freed from Vaatu's corruption and open the world's mind to a coexistence?
To engage with the people of the Earth Kingdom and help dethrone the Queen and establish a new order while batting off the Red Lotus who just want to kill things and let chaos sort it out?

Who would want to see an Avatar kick butt and help the world?

The world of Avatar has gotten very advanced, but has lost its core bending-wise. The most popular style of bending is like Karate, but every fire, earth, and waterbender uses the same style, which stifles the potential of the bending. The Air Nomads have secluded themselves and basically became a sect of owl-themed ninjas.

The Avatar is a stunt actor in a Chinatown-like movie company and is tasked by a White Lotus member who finds him to relearn the styles of the bending and teach them to a sterilized world.

Unlike Korra or Aang, this Avatar is a bit of a showman and a perfectionist, seeking to entertain with his bending skills while his ally, the White Lotus teacher, keeps him grounded and focused on his mission.

The main villain is a flamboyant pirate captain raising havoc as he seeks to control a certain spirit that would allow him to control the very ocean itself, separating the 4 nations so that he could conquer them one by one.

> "... you just get Korra. It had a great premise, but then it turned out to be shit."

> "... It had a great premise..."

Did it really though?

What exactly was the central premise of LoK?

"How to completely fail to learn from ones mistakes, yet succeed anyway because plot?"

"How to diminish the setting and fuck with interesting world-building by introducing stupid and/or trite shit ("What if da Avatar was in the Prohibition era guize?!", "What if the Avatar's power came from a generic spirit of light and goodness instead of being the culmination of strength, skill, and knowledge of their past lives?")

In response to OP, I'd basically retcon LoK from existence, and start by making a genuine effort to design a creative setting that feels like an organic progression from the world of AtlA instead of ripping out a period out of history that I like and crudely copy-pasting it into a pre-established setting.

As for the story, The wounds left by the 100 year war are fresh, and hostility and distrust towards the Fire Nation and fire benders is at an all time high. Zuko succeeds his father and attempts to open diplomatic relations with the other nations in hopes of mending the mistakes of the past, however the policies of his regime quickly become unpopular with several powerful factions within the Fire Nation. Zuko is killed in a coup several months later. This event marks the creation of a power vacuum that forces the aforementioned factions into conflict with each other, destabilizing, and eventually dividing, the entire region. Distracted by the death of his friend, and his attempts to mitigate the conflicts between the opposed fire nation factions, other sinister forces begin to stir and the seeds of future conflicts are planted all over the world. Fast forward to Anng's death, Aang's legacy was that of a pacifist worn down by a world left contentious and jaded by the 100 year war.

(1/2)

>The Fire nation colonists were either returned or fell within the territory of republic city.

Obviously this would be further afield than that.

>Kuvira was boss

Made sense that she was a good fighter considering her past as a life-long soldier.

Well you have to retcon the shitty comics, and Korra to do that. Also a story about colonists as the Protagonist fighting the natives would never be made into a show.

Also where is Aang? Or Zuko? They would intervene.

>Korra sucked because it missed the point of TLA
>MUH POWER VACUUM POLITICAL STRUGGLE

Fuck off with that shit. The best thing Korra ever did was keep the setting and conflicts simple but layered. Probably the only good thing Korra ever did, because it kind of sucked.

Adding in "muh morally grey politics" distracts from how Avatar is at its core a show about people and cultures, not grandiose war narratives (so 4 kids just happen to be able to topple an imperial regime, yeah sure okay) and political bullshit. Korra is like the Star Wars Prequels in that it's a failure of execution, not setting, and expanding outside of the original work's scope and setting isn't simply a good thing, it's a necessity to keep the sequel work fresh and interesting. The Force Awakens is what you get when you try too hard to keep the setting stagnant, you risk undermining the progress the original work made to change its setting.

>her past as a life-long soldier.
Guard captain in a city that never had problems ever because they would wall themselves out from invaders and screened everyone who wanted to come in with the only method of entering legally being a train system or by airship.

She had three years of fighting but we never see if she had to fight before when she can just use metal bands to incapacitate people who can't metalbend them off. She can apparently fight Su who should have no reason to fight as she is a peaceful crazy matriarch.

2/2

The new Avatar is born, but shortly after it's birth, an Earth kingdom monarch sends its agents to either kidnap to kill the newborn avatar. The Avatar is kidnapped, and groomed to be a political and military tool of the aforementioned Earth kingdom monarch. The story takes place 16 to 18 years after those events. Avatar is appointed missions by the Earth Kingdom monarch and goes out into the world to perform them, in this way the avatar can explore the setting, encounter opportunities for character development, and eventually rediscover its identity and purpose...

In my way of thinking. I want story that follows something like this. (Korra before learning she was the avatar) Had a friend who was a water bender. This split them up due to Korras training. (Korra as a teenager just arriving to public city) Her friend has left the water tribe and moved go public city to do whatever. And the avatar has made her life harder.

Pretty much what I'm getting at is.. As we see the series progress. We're seeing a different side of it. And this friend slowly starts to hate Korra. Becoming the next main villain. It's like a background story. But not everything is sunshine and rainbows all because she's the avatar. Not all of her choices have always lead to great results. And this is a severe case of it. (I suck at explaining things. Sorry)

>Also a story about colonists as the Protagonist fighting the natives would never be made into a show.

Just make them live in a region that no one lived in beforehand.

> MUH POWER VACUUM POLITICAL STRUGGLE

Yeah I get the sentiment mate, politics rarely makes for compelling viewing in my experience, and are often-times exasperating or dull...

But it is just context for the narrative, there won't be focus on it, or if there is, only touching upon, or alluding to it, where absolutely necessary...

Pretty much this. People forget that ATLA was about a century long war that was launched on the back of a genocide.

Make basically Amon the Series (The beginning)

A young boy loses his family to a bunch of benders and receives a scar on his face. The boy is found by a master chi blocker who teaches him how to defend himself and then leaves him be.

The entire series is focused on the boys journey seeing benders as oppressors against non-benders, and him becoming something of a social legend defeating crime groups of benders and gaining followers behind him who he teaches his chi-blocking. This leads to the MC becoming the target to bending criminal groups and assassins who threatens his new group of non-bending defenders as they make a non-bending commune and change the world in a peaceful way, eventually he starts to think some benders are okay when he takes in a few refugees out of the kindness of his heart.

Series ends with the MC commune getting destroyed because some of the refugees were in-debt to the MC enemies and sold the commune out to get out of debt. MCs hate towards benders is completely solidified as he is forced to flee alone.

In the end his desire to completely remove benders attracts the attention of some spirits who bring him to a place where he learns to energy bend, learning to take away someones bending and convert energy around him to a element, making it seem like he's bending all 4 elements when he's not.

Final scene of him donning a mask while overlooking a city with a new bunch of followers, and a new male earth bending Avatar entering into the city claiming they will bring balance to the world and address the inequality between Benders and Non-Benders that has been growing lately.

Reveal that there is no such thing as "non-benders", only energybenders who never figured it out.

Cyberpunk earth/metal bender avatar is the only correct answer.

Also they go out into space and find a planet where humans have weird biological shapeshifting abilities which they call "bending".

Would we see a bending battle in space?
What does an avatar universe spaceship even look like?

She was not weakened in the rematch and I was already being generous by saying that she could defeat Kuvira, when they were equally matched, before Kuvira was wounded in the crash. Korra just is not that good at fighting.

Antagonists.

Season 1 - The Fire benders of Wan's old city. These guys have established themselves as a organised state. Myths are already sprung up, with Wan being the founder/God of the city. They use non bending spear men with tower sheilds, and fire benders as their fighting force. They also force other benders into their auxiliary forces. A Roman style enemy. The Avatar polity is going to be forced under their control. However they realise the Avatar is a cycle. Thus they want to kill the Avatar to rebirth Wan.

Season 2 - The Warlord of the Blade.
News comes of a conqueror approaching, with his army of Water benders and his blood red blade. The Avatar goes to investigate, and watches the sacking of a town. The water benders are the first plant benders (those swamp guys). They have a Aztec/Mayan style look and dress. Their cult is dedicated to the blade, and they sacrifice defeated enemies to it, and it gaining power from doing so. The Blade is used for powerful but crude attacks.

Season 3 - The air raiders.
The flux of power from the previous seasons has weakened the low lands. So sweeping from the distant mountains comes the air raiders. They use their air power to strike anywhere, avoiding the Avatar and heavy resistance. The Avatar is run ragged trying to stop them, with the captured sword tempting them with its power. However he. Overcomes and strikes descive blows against the raider strongholds.

Not this faggot again

>Setting
No more avatar, the line of avatar reincarnation was broken and ended with Korra. The legends of the avatars and their friends are just mere 'legends'.
Bending is widespread, spirit/monster are normal in the world, and technology is advancing exponentially.
Now the world is not just split into 4 nations, but almost 50 countries with their own government, ideology, etc.
>Theme
Mirrors our real world stuff and topical. Some satire, but not south park esque satire.
>Main character
Main character is an ORDINARY guy and he's part of the "minority"(A half spirit/half human, with no bending power). He's just your run of the mill salaryman- has a wife and 2 kids at home.
>Story/pilot
Our main character leaves home for work, kisses his wife and children goodbye. He can't be late for an important job at work.
On his way, he's mugged, beaten, and has his belongings taken by thug fire benders and evil spirit. His district has high criminal activity/ghetto.
He gets to his job late. His boss is racist and this is his last straw. Main character is fired from work. He's kicked out by the metal bender security.
On his way home fucking depressed, he decides to go out for a drink. At the pub, he watches tv; Suddenly newscaster cuts in and said that his district was blown up by anti-spirit terrorist.
His spirit-wife and mix-blood-children died in the terrorist attack. He fucking lost everything. He gets fucking mad- blame himself for not being there for his family.
Just before he loses his sanity, he enters The Avatar State- Roll credits

I turn it down and pass the buck to someone else. I'm not confident enough in my writing abilities to make a good follow-up to Avatar and god fucking knows Nick is going to treat the show like hot garbage and probably put it on hiatus in the middle of the last season.

Fuck all of the "bending is irrelevant" bullshit. Here's a story that I've been thinking about for about three years now.

It takes place in the Avatar world's equivalent to the 1980s. Korra died rather young because of the lead poisoning in her system, probably around the same age as Aang died (66).

Asami establishes the Sato estate as "Avatar Estate" and that is where the Avatar lives when they are not traveling from nation to nation learning bending.

Since Korra opened the third spirit portal, it creates a new entity akin to Raava and Vaatu. Worried it might bring darkness into the world, Raava grants the new spirit half of her power to gain it's trust and the two of them enter twin Earth State boys.

With advancements in technology, it is much easier to locate the avatar(s) and everyone is like 'fug' when they realize there are two of them. One of them can bend fire and earth, the other water and air.

The Tenzin of the show are Korra and Asami's adopted children; an Earthbending boy and an Airbending girl. Along with them is the Earthbending boy's massive family because he fucked Bolin's daughter when they were teens and got her pregnant and ever since then they never stopped so they have like 12 kids.

Three seasons long, seasons are either as long as airbenders or a bit less. First season is a lot of world building and a streamlined mastering of the elements. They can't get into the Avatar state properly because they can't bend all four elements. The air/water boy is shy and a little self conscious. The fire/earth boy is more brash and shit. He really wants to dog the Fire Lord's daughter. At the end of the first season they are able to achieve a tag team style avatar state.

I approve.

Second season is a lot of fire nation/earth states. Red Lotus comes back. Really wants to kill the fucking Avatars and end the cycle. Fire Lord's daughter admits she too wants to dog the Earth/Fire Avatar. Season ends when Red Lotus finally builds a smaller version of Kuvira's spirit and uses it to kill the Earth/Fire Avatar. This sends his spirit into his twin brother and he becomes a fully realized Avatar but rejects it, running away.

Third season takes place ten years later. The Avatar gives up bending and uses a sword. Nobody knows where he is, he's in the Fire Nation plotting his revenge against the Red Lotus. He suffers from Multiple Personality Disorder and whenever he bends Earth or Fire it's like a piece of his brother takes control of him. Whenever he enters the Avatar State his brother and him kind of "fight" for control but his brother isn't bad or anything, his spirit just confuses his brothers body for the avatars so it mixes shit up.

The Avatar runs into the Fire Lord (the daughter) and she really wants to dog the dead brother. He gets into the Avatar state and they dog.

Months later he exacts his revenge on the Red Lotus but dies in the process and now that the Avatar Spirit is one, it goes into his (their?) son and a potential fourth Avatar show would be about a Fire Lord Avatar.

My autismo fanfic AU is a lot like yours. A government puppet slowly becoming exposed to the grander world outside of Rock World.

I think that Avatar works in pretty much any time period before, let's say the 80's/90's when globalization becomes too widespread and spirit shit becomes thoroughly outmatched. What matters is how well you translate Asian cultures into the different periods.

It's set far in the past, during the time of an avatar not mentioned before

It doesn't focus on the avatar, just some regular fucks

Just started watching korra after rewatching last airbender. Why is this such shit? The premise of the story is underwhelming as fuck. Seriously, going from saving the world to some shitty city? Also why the fuck is lightning just basically star wars tier now?

Loli earth benders

Because through the run of LoK it will eventually take all the worst parts of the Prequel Trilogy and also The Force Awakens.

Which isn't so bad because we'll eventually end up with KOTOR.

>it's a people make the new Avatar setting contain things and concepts that make bending itself obsolete and redundant episode

>when the earth bender next door gets a speck of dirt in my garden so I fire bend at his children and burn them

Fuck it, ALIENS

It's the Avatar world equivalent of 2074 and moonbenders are finally coming to their on a distant base.
But with that comes the forbidden reaches of science:

Using the spirit realm to try and travel vast distances, there's an accident, unleashing horrible alien spirits from Beyond into our realm. They're all totally FUCKED

I'd totally watch Ozaisia. having characters like Aang or Zuko, or the Avatar in general, dealing with such an issue would probably be close to what ATLA already had.

Besides, what's the difference between an Air Temple in the middle of the Earth Kingdom and a Fire Nation country doing the same?

>>it's a people make the new Avatar setting contain things and concepts that make bending itself obsolete and redundant episode

Let's be honest, that's pretty much LoK as well.

>implying people don't skim the catalog by "Last Reply" instead of "Bump Order"
Look at this out-of-date oldfag still trying to be relevant

>What does an avatar universe spaceship even look like?
Probably aggressively Chinese.