/Laura/

Why isn't she more popular?

Pretty sure she is currently the most popular mutant scum out there right now

Because she's a filthy mutie.

how filthy?

I guess shes not waifu material

She was a prostitute.

Because she is not wolverine and only a wolverine family character for wolverine.

mmmmm

Is laura a latina?

She was in the cartoon and movie not in the comics

Inconsistent writing would be my guess.

They make her a literal slut and everything went downhill from there.

Feel like Laura wouldn't be this seductive

She's an Escher girl

I'd say she's more popular now than ever.
Lots of bad comics though, a few good ones.

Because as a character she sucks.
Only people who seem to like her are waifu fags.

Why wasn't she in the sequel to NYX Wannabe? They didn't explain it in the comics .

no she is canadian

Because she isn't available for the MCU so Marvel doesn't promote her in any way.

Same for Magik. Easily promoted and interesting characters that they could push but won't because of studio wars.

This, and she's had multiple series. Her problem is mismanagement.

They literally introduced her character as a dumb whore who works for a murdering pimp.

>Marvel keeps race/sex changing characters (Spider-man, Iron Man, Thor) in their comics
>Originally Latina girl became white in their comics

shes a dull bargain bin Cassandra
made worse by the fact her taking up the wolverine mantle isn't in line with the character at all.

Why is she popular at all?

...Cunt.

Not yet, prepare for the creep of that skin tone though.

She had some great ones, the problem is they are all team books. Her solo was written by that cunt fuck that turned the X-books into vampires and gay marriage shit.

It doesn't help Tom Taylor wrote her like he does every character, absurdly.

Nope.

I like to think in the movie she only group up around Mexicans and wasn't actually latina.

Shes not a popular waifu

I think Laura, as well as Wolverine years ago, they're there as kind of a contrast to the other characters and to be kind of an outsider, even in the group.

The problem is you can't be an emotionally damaged outsider and get lots of "screen time" and not advance as a character. The question is, can this interesting concept become an interesting character after that initial concept is wiped away through years of development.

I think Logan managed to be an interesting character through years of development and kind of had his own arcs and brought him far from his starting point.

Laura though just doesn't seem to have that. Or perhaps it is too rushed into the spotlight and didn't have the time to grow naturally and no one sat down as wrote her up with a future in mind to implement. So we're just left with kind of a half assed character.

Wingbat

She's indistinct in every aspect of her character.

Visually, which is horribly disappointing considering her predecessor. Narratively, since she's constantly retreading her origins as a government weapon. And especially personality wise, because she spent so much time in a "robot learning to be human" phase, and is just now starting to be written as a generic action heroine.

As a follow-up to one of the most memorable and engaging characters Marvel has, she's sorely lacking.

>Why isn't she more popular?

Marvel seems to be unwilling to play to her strengths. Same problem as with her source material, Cass, really. It's absurd that X-23 is made to run around in Logan's old tights as a part of some harebrained feminist movement, instead of being the adorable leather-clad stab-slut she was meant to be.

If you people don't know that Latin countries have their own white people, and don't know that a large part of the Latin world is white or that words like, Mestizo exist, then you seriously need to stop being dumb Americans and learn a thing or two.

>Why isn't she more popular?
During the last 5 years she was written almost exclusively by Hopeless, Bendis, Soule and Taylor.

She seems to be much more popular on Sup Forums since Logan came out ;^)