Why does quality tend to suffer when a cartoon becomes mainstream or explodes in popularity?

Why does quality tend to suffer when a cartoon becomes mainstream or explodes in popularity?

Is it just a case of pandering to the lowest common denominator?

>image not related

What the fuck is wrong with you?

You seem to be confusing cartoons with comic books.

He clearly likes things. Of course, we all know you'd have to be retarded to like things.

He isn't a contrarian SUfag, I would wager.

You do realize the show was always the same since the first episode, right? Are you this retarded?

>contrarian
>accuses someone of being 'less than' for liking SU
Jesus

Seems like they hit a nerve on you.

Never been so mad in my life

No, its just a case of editors/directors being told to let ALL creative authority pass only to the writers/authors rather than filtering out some of their worst excesses

"ohman this show is doing really WELL, better let the writers do what they want with it or else we'll fuck it all up with our nitpicking"
cause you know, changing what is apparently a winning formula is how you win.

I remember when Sup Forums loved Rick and Morty, and SU.

Then other people started liking them and Sup Forums got really sad and upset about it.

Then SU began to reach homosuck/mlp levels of spam

As if Rick and Morty was ever consistently good. It was hit-and-miss since the very first episodes.

Ive always disliked SU personally

i tired to get into it but the voice acting and dialouge were just so awful I couldnt watch to get much plot. Now Ive learned the whole thing has become a steaming pile

Holy shit an actual opinion

Personally, I blame the Interdimensional TV episodes that just showed people LOL SO RANDOM XD and they jumped on it

I think for Rick and Morty it's just a simple case of the writers running out of ideas after the first season.

Difference is that the first season was never 'bad'. The hit and miss nature was because it was either amazing or strictly average. It was always comparative to the rest of the season. Even fucking Gazorpazorp was half decent.

Compared to the second season where it was either average or you had shit like the parasite episode or get schwifty that were complete fucking shit. There wasn't really any series defining episodes compared to season 1.

Season 3 has started off relatively shit as well due to them just aiming for a even setting to use right off. But it's just a clean slate for a new season as well. We'll see how it goes from here tho.

Pickle Rick doesn't inspire hope tho.

The curse of a hug box has hurt R&M too much imo but might get a nice surprise.

The parasite episode, the miniverse episode and the purge episode were funny, the rest of season 2 was shit.

I still think this show is funny but it peaked at S01E02, I hope it gets better before it gets worse.

>pickle rick is a thing

how did this happen?

The more people know the more people hate it

Season 3 started off exceedingly well, the humor was on point, the ridiculous fucking-all-around but still moving-the-plot shit was still there, so i ain't complaining. But the COUNCIL OF RICKS' captain and others' voices were somehow emotionless, like 80% fake sounding, i dunno what happened when they said
>He's coming for us you guys!
this line made me cringe a bit

Writers and directors can now afford to party and do a shitload of coke instead of trying really extra hard to makke their series stay on the air.

It's all got to do with the community user, that's all that matters

>Unpopular cartoon

The creators have to make quality shit to have a proper fanbase.
If they make too many shit episodes in a row people will leave them behind.
References are inside jokes, you feel glad when you see it.
The smaller the community, the less the probabilities of people ruining the show for you making stupid theories and memes.

>Popular cartoon

People become spin doctors to justify why a mediocre episode is the best thing ever.
The fanbase is long established, unless the creators fuck up badly they won't be going away any time soon.
References are everywhere and annoying, you roll your eyes when you see the same memes (ZA WARUDO!!! BUUUURP MORTY!). If it wasn't because you see them fucking everywhere, you wouldn't even mind.
People start spamming useless shit and the community gets divided. You get youtube fan theories, """philosophical"" analysis and facebook/twitter/reddit memes absolutely shaming the source content.
I'm not even talking exclusively about R&M here, I legitimally believe that every community gets ruined after it becomes too big.

The quality is sometimes very poor. Other times it's a lot of fun watching.

The b plot in the get schwifty episode was terrible
family guy levels of terrible

>Jackfags are STILL not over it
Contrarians have ruined this board

Sounds about right, really.

You only need to look at what happened to The Simpsons

this

As things go on for longer they build awareness and word of mouth to become more popular.
But as things go on writers tend to run out ideas, make errors, run into production problems, stretch things out for financial reasons.
Basically things get more popular over time but they also tend to get worse over time.

>Now Ive learned the whole thing has become a steaming pile
Only Sup Forums has said that meaning it's pretty exaggerated.
This past season hasn't been up to snuff, I'll admit that.

I hope the next bomb is as hard hitting as The Arrival was

Not him, but there's a shift in Rick's behavior between S1 and 2

what are you even on about?

Which was the B plot? The stuff involving the Smiths because that was way better than the Rick stuff.

actual opinions are posted here all the time you shit eating faggot, the only reason you don't respond to them like actual opinions is because MA MEEEEEEEEEEEMSS UR JUST A SHIT POSTER XXSDDD LMAO MUH CONTRARIAN

drink bleach you lip biting faggot.

you took a simple "holy shit an opinion" and sperged out all over the place from it

maybe you need a break from Sup Forums?

I enjoy things,watching Rick and morty is one of those things

>enjoying things
BLASPHEM!

religion

See, I haven't seen Rick and Morty, because I hated Community post-Season 2 and didn't want to watch another Dan Harmon thing. So seeing the constant R&M threads on here and Sup Forums were annoying, even more so I guess there might have been a episode involving a bathroom molestation? God, none of you should shut the fuck up about that.

That line was real Rick acting. It was supposed to sound off.

By the looks of it, season 3 was already ruined. Not only the writing went more to shit, the animation alienated too.

I liked S3E1

Actually it was crap since the beginning.

>DUDE LE YOLO LMAO

>Why does quality tend to suffer when a cartoon becomes mainstream or explodes in popularity?

because you are a contrarian and force yourself to hate things once they become popular

>my favorite thing got popular, now I dont like it
Abloo bloo bloo

see

1) They want to pander (Steven Universe/Rick and Morty)

2) It makes it more marketable and executives like it (Spongebob/Family Guy THe Simpsons)

3) Creators get a big head and stop trying so hard because everyone jacked them off so much. Thus they don't even try making quality shit anymore (Gravity Falls/Rick and Morty/Korra/Adventure Time/etc)

>o noes a lot of people like something so now it sux

Fucking contrarians on this website

yes i'm sure it's just a coincidence that suddenly everyone started hating rick and morty after it got popular.

>Rick & Morty
>Ever Quality
It's always been a silly show with, and without memeing here, Reddit-tier humour; as in, the majority of it comes across with a smug, self-satisifed view of the world that, while entertaining, becomes grating after a while.

It was never excellent: it was only ever good. Enough to watch and enjoy, but nothing to really get riled over for other people liking it and "affecting the quality".

>tfw enjoy R&M for the most part but understand it has some pretty severe flaws that can be picked apart
>tfw nobody ever discusses the show critically and just spouts "reddit"

Oh look right on time

>m-m-m-muh contrarians
>only notice that people have bad things to say about something when it gets popular

really got those almonds churning

SU legitimately dropped drastically in quality though

The quality doesn't suffer, but you spend your time on Sup Forums. When something becomes popular, Sup Forums begins to hate it. This is always the case.

Rick and Morty really hasn't changed quality since the beginning (maybe a bit of a drop in consistency, but the first season had its fair share of stinkers). Either you saw something that wasn't there or you're seeing something now that isn't there.

>pandering to the lowest common denominator
What the hell is the meaning of this anymore? Don't give me that "Google it" bullshit, I want YOUR definition. Because apparently everyone has their own unique definition to "lowest common denominator" now. Tell me, what does it mean -- who exactly is the lowest common denominator, user?