At C2E2, they said that a return in Legacy will "break" the internet

At C2E2, they said that a return in Legacy will "break" the internet.

Do you think they meant the Fantastic Four...?

Other urls found in this thread:

newsarama.com/34194-c2e2-2017-marvel-s-next-big-thing.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I don’t think that would break the internet. In fact, I don’t think any reveal they make would “break the internet”.

>>Wolverine comes back.
Kind of spoiled already.
>>Fantastic Four back
Would anybody really freak out that much?
>>Miracle Man is in Marvel
I don't think he has a big enough following to break the internet. Hell, I never heard of him until Marvel got his rights.
>>Star Wars/Marvel crossover
This is the only thing that would justify breaking the internet. And with Jason Aaron, who is also writing the Star Wars comics, in charged, it might just happen.

Granted, these are the expected things. I can't really think of anything else that Marvel would pull as a massive publicity stunt. Unless...Bucky and Steve kiss.

>"That story functions as a preview of what's to come. It's chocked full of twists, surprises, Easter eggs, and let's just say, a last-page reveal that’s probably gonna break the internet," he said. "It's a big moment, something we continually get asked about. We are going to answer that question."
Captain Marvel's coming out of the closet.

It's Star Wars. It's the only choice that can justifiably "break the Internet". Nothing else has enough buzz to the normies

they claimed they'd be answering a question fans have been asking them for years

If they're being honest (lol) the only thing that fits the bill is the Peter & MJ marriage. They even recently said (in that infamous interview where they blamed diversity) that one of the things fans responded well to was Renew Your Vows.

I'm basically positive that by the end of the issue either Peter or MJ will remember the deal with Mephisto. The whole thing is basically the most Rebirth thing they could do.

>thinking that FF would "break the internet"

Casuals don't give a damn about them and they haven't been gone for that long.

Wolverine coming back wouldn't break the internet either. His death left no vacuum because Old Man Logan filled it already.

It can only be Star Wars.

>Marvel vs star wars
>we get to see America Chavez call Han a shitlord

Can't wait

Disney has the Star Wars story tightly controlled. There's no fucking way they'd do a cross over.

>Carol still having lesbian hair
>Kamala and miles still exists

Yuck

Don't you mean
>>America Chavez tells Luke to check his privileges.
>>Proceeds to team up with Leia, Amadala, Rei and Jyn and they proceed to beat up the Emperor.

"But how can that happen?! They are all on 4 separate timelines!"

America can Time Travel now on a whim. And seeing how this writer brought in Peggy Carter and Moon Girl the same issue (and will focus on Storm next issue), you know she'll just rope in all the Star Wars females.

>Legacy
>Wanda and Ororo are there
Uh

At this point, integrity stops being an issue anymore, with Star Wars and Marvel.

Not only Fantastic Four returning to the comics, but also that Marvel Studios acquired the film rights from Fox.

Seriously, it's this you fucking morons

They want this to be their Rebirth, which brought back erased characters and relationships into continuity. The Peter/MJ marriage is literally the number one retcon fans have been bitching about for 10 years.

Nah. Doing that would make fans happy and Marvel believes only angry fans buy comics.

Does anyone really care about that marriage or OMD anymore? It feels like a meme at this point.

They were able to claim that for years while they were on top but it hasn't worked for them recently. I mean they're losing to DC right now, that never happens.

And I'm not saying they'll immediately get remarried at the end of the issue, I think they'll string us along for a while but plant the seed of hope, and somehow they'll have to go after Mephisto to fix things

>something we continually get asked about
I don't think they get continually asked about integrating Star Wars into Marvel so let's stop speculating right there.

> F4
it qualifies as a legacy return but internet breaking? Maybe if they all come back black FOR REASONS

> Return of Mar-Vell
are you avin a gigle m8

> Peter & MJ
it would explain how hard Slott blogged that it can't possibly happen, OMD was totally organic and that ship is sailed with RYV. Unfortunately the "break the internet" part is a little hard to swallow here; it'll generate buzz but be forgotten within a few months UNLESS something really twisted comes out of the deal like an aged-up child pulling a Dawn Summers.

>Fantastic Four return
>Mar-Vell return
>Pete and MJ back together

According to Gabriel. It was the old things coming back in that time period, three books in particular, Spider-Man Renew Your Vows, that had Spider-Man and Mary Jane married, that worked. The Venom book worked and the Thanos book worked. You can take what you want out of who might be enjoying those three books, but it is definitely a specific type of comic book reader, comic book collector that really liked those three series.

>I don't think they get continually asked about integrating Star Wars into Marvel so let's stop speculating right there.
Ever since Patton Oswald's rant on Parks and Rec, that crossover has always been in the back of people's minds.

And Mar-Vell isn't it if we know it's coming.

>but it is definitely a specific type of comic book reader
the kind that spends money

Yup. OMD was that bad and Marvel hasn't stopped reminding fans of it since mentioning it every now and then boosted sales.

It doesn't need to be Canon to Star Wars.

>OMD was totally organic

You greatly overestimate who gives a fuck about a fat faggot's ad lib on a sitcom being influential, rethink your position here. No. No one's really begging Marvel to integrate a property IT DOESN'T OWN (a common owner doesn't count) into continuity.

It's Peter and MJ. In the 10 years since OMD literally nothing has been done to either character situationally that prevents their reunion. Neither is married or even involved with someone else and the relationships they've had in the interim have been unbelievably half-baked.

I'm not even a huge fan of them being together at this point but it's as if no writer since OMD has genuinely tried to move either character into a place they couldn't return from as soon as possible.

My guess is that Quesada got told that he damaged revenues and it was his job to PERSONALLY fix it. Not only is the marriage back but he's illustrating a fold-in for the book commemorating it. He's eating crow.

Nobody wants Star Wars to be part of the marvel universe, but people would like to see a crossover Ala JLA/Avengers

nigga I'm not claiming I believe it, I'm paraphrasing Slott here who is functionally Loki at Marvel, Liar-in-Chief. If he spends four paragraphs saying something's permanent, it's not and vice versa.

Why would MJ break the internet? At this point, more people care about Gwen Stacy.

>but people would like to see a crossover Ala JLA/Avengers
That's a totally different thing and I'd enjoy that too but again, not "people bothering us for years" tier.

Nobody wanted Regent to become a mainstream villain in Spiderman but it happened anyway.

Not so sure about the marriage after Slott saying Marvel doesn't care for it and never wanted Peter to be married.

>Why would MJ break the internet
1. Marvel's greatly overestimating the positive response 10 years after they screwed the pooch here (entirely possible, they misjudge reaction all the time)
2. There's a monkey's paw catch which will leave us howling in pain (they reunite tearfully but MJ dies at the end)

I really think you guys overinflate the worth of the Spider-Man/MJ marriage. Because I see it playing out as:
>>Holy shit! Peter and MJ are back together again!
>>Normies: They were broken up?

Would ANYTHING Marvel comic can do "break the internet"?
At this point they do not have enough readership to break an AOL chatroom

>>OMD undone
>>Internet cheers
>>Spider-Man comes home every day, MJ nags at him.
>>Internet "God, I wish they would kill off MJ"

That's it. That's all that will happen when OMD is undone.

>Would ANYTHING Marvel comic can do "break the internet"?
Hydra cap happened remember

It's gonna sink like a fucking stone

Peter and MJ aren't getting back together while Slott writes ASM. He seriously hates MJ.

Scarlet Witch's recent comic tried to retcon that she is a legacy character and her real mother was the previous Scarlet Witch.

If they're doing a "prehistoric Avengers" thing maybe they're going to retcon in that every single hero is a legacy hero.

>the writer tells the editors how things are going to be

You have an interesting idea how the industry works. JMS hated breaking up the marriage but Quesada made it clear if he didn't write OMD he'd be blackballed.

>"prehistoric Avengers" thing
please tell me Marville is canon now

Slott also said Superior Spider-Man was a permanent status quo. The man lives to troll.

For whatever reason, Dan Slott has zero editorial oversight. That much is obvious if you read even a single issue of ASM.

>Dan Slott has zero editorial oversight
No, he has no one telling him what to write and comic book editors stopped being lore checkers sometime in the early 2000s if not earlier. That is nowhere near the same thing as saying he has veto power over management.

The Creative Committee still answers to its uppers, and it's probably not the echo chamber people think it is.

But you had to see the way he wrote it down, like he was really serious about it and I think he might be telling the truth Marvel just doesn't care for it. Plus getting the marriage back would make RYV a book Slott fought hard for kind of redundant wouldn't it?

Also Slott claimed (it may be bullshit, of course) that he got the "Renew Your Vows" mini approved over Marvel's objections.

The editors have the power at these companies and they use it. They don't always force people to write things but they say "if you don't write it someone else will." Like the Quicksilver/Scarlet Witch/Magneto retcon was dreamed up by editorial and handed to Remender, who was "free" to turn it down but it was going to be done with or without him.

That would be an improvement. Many fans would rather see Petey dead now. Better her than him.

>The editors have the power at these companies and they use it
Marketing/sales has more power than editors.

>that he got the "Renew Your Vows" mini approved over Marvel's objections

Parse how that works: A writer requests a book, Marvel says no, and exactly who approves it over them? Can you really see him begging Ike Perlmutter directly over the heads of any number of editorial directors at Marvel, to the detriment of his relationship with all of them?

Marvel approved that book. Period.

All the white heroes return.

>
>Peter and MJ aren't getting back together while Slott writes ASM. He seriously hates MJ.

>the breaking news is Slott is off ASM and someone who isn't Bendis is on it.

It wouldn't break "the Internet" but it would break Sup Forums and that's part of the Internet..m

>Marketing/sales has more power than editors

They did in the early days of direct sales when they started promising story arcs without telling the editors or writers. I don't believe that's still going on.

Also, Marvel's M/S divisions are at this point known for loudly blaming their customers for the company's failures and cooking the books through overshipping so I'm not sure they're the darlings of the company any more.

Captain America returns to Earth.

>>it'll generate buzz but be forgotten within a few months UNLESS something really twisted comes out of the deal like an aged-up child pulling a Dawn Summers.

>Peter: Mayday, how could I ever forget you?

>Peter and MJ are back together.
>Peter is forced, on pain of restarting OMD, into hanging up the suit permanently.
>Newly resurrected Ben Reily becomes Spider-Man full time.
>We've gone full circle and the first ending for Clone Saga is now canon.

Mar-vell is coming back

DC crossover is the only thing that could actually do it.

Uncle Ben shows up wearing a pair of Nega Bands.

>Uncle Ben was the co-author of the Darkhold

Do people actually want Fantastic Four to return? Fucking why? All the current writers over at the Marvel are dog shit or memeworthy mediocre? This is just characterfagging.

>get marriage back
>Amazing Spider-Man returns to legacy numbering
>all of this is too good to be true user, what's the catch
>it's written by Dan "Peter and MJ will never be married again in the main Canon" Slott
>mfw

>DC crossover is the only thing that could actually do it.

That depends entirely on what they do. Another largely self-contained story with no actual consequences will be popular but not break anything.

I feel like someone should photoshop this into a Marvel character like Captain America picking up a lightsaber.

>Pete and MJ hug, tears flowing. "How could we ever forget what we had?"

They could just recolor and change the dialogue of from issue #33 or whatever it was in JMS's run when he repaired their marriage.

The only two things I can think of are a Star Wars crossover, and fixing the Spider-Man marriage.

And I honestly believe that the marriage will never be fixed as long as Queseda works for Marvel.

Marvel literally ties into Rebirth and will help fight Manhattan

How many reality warpers do they have running around currently? Or will the FF sic Franklin on Dr. Manhattan?

>Spider-man, Cap, or any important Marvel character sees something stuck in a wall
>they pull it out
>It's a Micky mouse hat.

It's going to be the spider-marriage. Marvel's been hinting at it since forever.

Don't try to be a """"""contrarian""""", people know you're being insincere instead of genuine.

The fact that they've been hinting at it means it won't break anything.

Though I guess Marvel does oversell fan reaction sometimes. I remember before Chulk was revealed they were saying it would piss off a lot of people for some reason.

It'll still cause the internet to be set on fire. The odds have been stacked against the marriage returning for so long that there will still be a shit ton of people that will be shocked that it's returning.

My one issue with this is the fact that Slott will be writing married Parker.

Miles does suck hard but Kamala is okay.

I don't think you can fully plan what "breaks the internet."

They knew Cap/HYDRA was going to be controversial, but they had no idea "you turned a character made by Jewish men into a Nazi, you're anti-Semites" would be a thing, because they underestimated how stupid people online can be.

Basically to break the internet there has to be something the people who made the comic weren't fully expecting. Otherwise it's just another death or plot twist and nobody takes those very seriously now.

"Break the internet" is Marvel code for shit.

it's mar-vell coming back..but for real this time

>Would ANYTHING Marvel comic can do "break the internet"?
they can... rape the power pack?

Nobody cares about Mar-Vell, and nobody will until 2019. Assuming he even has a major part in Carol's movie.

Bendis fired?

you keep telling yourself that, carol

>implying Slott didn't just say that rile fans up
>implying marvel doesn't want people to be pissed as possible before they bring back the marriage

Banner Hulk?

Hydra Cap is still doing it and it's been like a year

Ironically Carol fans are the only ones who would actually freak out about Mar-Vell returning.

i've seen it first hand. you are right.

How am I being a """"""contrarian"""""?

>> Peter & MJ
I'm hoping its this. I was at the panel. The guys on the panel REPEATEDLY kept talking about Peter and MJ's relationship throughout the whole thing. It started when Costa compared Eddie and the symbiote's relationship to Peter and MJ and then all the other panelists kept bringing it up after.

Also supported here:
>16:20
>He compared the reunion of Eddie Brock and Venom to Mary Jane and Peter Parker - but they're not getting back together, are they? No one on the panel addressed the comparison. That was the second mention of Peter and MJ in the panel.

newsarama.com/34194-c2e2-2017-marvel-s-next-big-thing.html

I'd also love this because it makes Slott's autistic freakout even funnier.

Said like a true casual. Go read some comics with married Peter and MJ and fuck off.

Wow, people must really like MJ then.

He's not wrong. You have to remember that Slott is still on Amazing.

The return of no1curr
You're gonna be bored
You're gonna go meh
You won't wanna wait to pirate it and then delete it right away

>Wolverine comes back.
>Kind of spoiled already.
Does he? I thought so far there were only signs of Ultimate Wolverine Jr or whatever the shit that is.

Well, they did try to do that with Captain America before.

>Dan Slott is actually off
>they give the title to bendis, who proceeds to retire Peter and give the title to his shitty OC

I hate Slott probably more than anyone in this thread... and even Slott didn't write MJ as a nagging wife in his RYV story. The story still sucked, but MJ wasn't an issue in it.

This is my deepest darkest fear

Oh shit it's probably that HulkWolverine image they keep on posting.

Who gives a fuck about that?

>HulkWolverine
Been done before, I think. Wasn't anywhere as bad as current Marvel, just a fun one-shot thing.