Can we have a knockoffs/weird coincidences/etc thread?

Can we have a knockoffs/weird coincidences/etc thread?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=of1C_s2mVg0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

*You're

Youn is not even a word.

>DUDE PUNCH BIGOTS LMAO

Go back to Sup Forums

>Youn

Jake's a hapa
He's really got no identity

I liked Juniper Lee better. Catchier theme song too

hmmm

I'd ship em'

IN A WORLD FULL OF MONSTERS AND DEMONS

That's a thing? I need to stop underestimating the internet

Have you even watched American Dragon?
She is punching him for being a wigger (or however you call a mixed Chinese/white trying to be "street") not for being bigoted.

I think the word is AZN
She act like one too at times, well not really but she isn't a ""FoB"" and doesn't seem like she cares about asian nationalism or whatever

FoB?

Fresh off the Boat?

I never knew how much I needed this. Thanks, Sup Forums!

>Boy is sent to a magical School
>The magical world remains hidden from the normies
>All this shit is thrown at him with no previous knowledge
>His friends are a bookish girl and a lazy boy
>The bad guy is an infamous dark wizard who was not quite defeated but still has to reclaim his power

This is so close to Harry Potter they barely even tried to hide what they were doing. It's almost as blatant as Marvelman.

Fun fact, the stand-in for "muggle" was Morty. I realise it's probably just short for mortal but all I can think of is Morty from Rick and Morty.

>unknown goth waifu
but can I fap to it?

>not including Keanu "Adam Jensen" Reeves

Fresh Off (the) Boat

That's a direct ripoff. I refuse to believe he didn't know about Jojo before.

>Black Chinese + White Japanese=???

no he did know, he was just really banking that it would never get any play in the US and he just coast on stealing the concept straight up

>youn

Since we're going with the HP comparison, from what I can remember she was kind of a bitch and took pride in her heritage, imagine the more unlikable aspects of Hermione played up and a tint of Malfoy thrown in.

youtube.com/watch?v=of1C_s2mVg0
This right here is a pure masterpiece

Juniper Lee was also Chinese

I thought she was Thai?

ADJL had better plots and action but a shitty main cast.

JL had better characters but shit plots and boring action.

The humor in both was dull.

Can we get an answer on this, Sup Forums?
So you're saying they're perfect for each other?

I watched this when I was extremely young and couldn't remember what the show was about. Seeing that image alone brought back vague memories of it.

All thosefucks had white fathers, Keanu had an asian father,big difference

The main kid had technopowers right? I remember they all turned evil once and he actually did some impressive things

>When Diesel, the Jojo...homage...comic book was posted here, I recognized the publisher. Antarctic Press has been around for thirty years, and is responsible for one of my favorite comics, Gold Digger (which I bet the Friends would also love). They also happen to be based in Texas, where I live, and I see them every year at our big anime convention, A-Kon. I specifically see Doug Dlin, their office manager, there every year and usually chat with him a bit. He's always helpful and has snagged hard to find back issues for me or cut me deals on buying big stacks of comics.
>So, I knew I had to ask him about Diesel.
>I showed him the cover, and just asked him a simple question: how did this happen? He laughed it off at first, didn't seem very excited about discussing it, tried to change the subject, but the other guys at the booth didn't know about it and got curious, so he started talking. The explanation was pretty simple, really.
>Jochen "Joe" Weltjens, the creator, had just gotten ahold of a fansubbed copy of the old Jojo OVAs. He was, obviously, totally blown away and loved everything about it. He desperately wanted to share all of the cool shit in Jojo with the world. Even though he worked at/with Antarctic Press, there was no way they were going to get to localize the manga or anything. And the official DVDs didn't release over here for years. So, he just did it himself. He just wanted to tell everyone how awesome Stands are, but he only had the power of 90's American comic book art to deliver the message. (I'll also note that one of the characters is wearing a Gold Digger T-shirt, and when I pointed that out to Doug he laughed and said Antarctic Press was never above shameless cross promotion.)
>What happened to Joe Weltjens after issue one? Doug said, "he basically runs the company now."
>He is now Editor-in-Chief of Antarctic Press. He's worked on a ton of other comics by them, and also works as a colorist for Marvel!

WHAT
IS
THAT
THING
ON
THE
RIGHT?!

It's a famous Soviet cartoon.

his father is there

SAME BEER?

Quick, in the style of Diesel we need to combine an Image Comics character from the 90's with a long-running manga series, who's got ideas here?

Spawn and Deviman

Dennis the menace

Savage Dragon and Detective Conan.
Savage Conan

Something wrong, user?

Voodoo and Sailor Moon

Voodoo Moon!