Porgs

What is Sup Forums's opinion on porgs?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9dfWzp7rYR4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Surprisingly not as bad as other parts of the film.

Chewie murdered one of these things

>that moment when a toy sale insert is better than supposedly main characters like admiral misandry

It's clearly a chicken

I find it hilarious some exec actually okayed them.

I wanted Chewie to hit one with a spade

We had to edit that scene out because test audiences said it was "too graphic". Personally, I believe it made the arc between them and chewie much more meaningful

>those landing and take off animations

I imagine they're quite delectable.

More merchandising for Disney.

Momey money money

I wanted the one fo them to trigger the lightsaber and kill the other

I have issues

they were less prominent than i was expecting. very unnecessary desu

It's subliminal messaging.

I was expecting that scene. Like they have something relatable with the force or something.

Why would Chewie hit a porg with Boyega though?

That happened in some concept art for them

You just know they were scientifically designed to be as "cute" as possible.

Reminder that they killed Skellig Michael's actual native wildlife during filming.

Almost spit out my drink
I thought the same thing. They look disgusting, I don't think it would be wrong to kill them.

Cancer.

They literally couldn't figure out what to do with the most notable alien after they killed Han so they made Porgs to give Chewie something to do.

Space penguins are bretty quite desu

I can't be the only one who liked the way it bobbed it's head like a real birb

yeah it's cute

yes goy
consume consume CONSUME

>godawful puppets
vs
>godawful CG
The sad thing is some retards defend those awful puppets just because they aren't CG.

2017's minions

they're doing the same thing with the shitty yoda puppet

the porgs look bad period. the problem starts with the crappy design. they're also creepy looking; they stare blankly with big black eyes and don't look at all friendly or cute

I thoghut this toy insert would be the worst part of the movie.

Holy shit was i wrong, porgs are the least of this film's problems...

the porgs flying reminds me of this
youtube.com/watch?v=9dfWzp7rYR4

worst tha Ewoks and Gungas

look at the feet

Holy shit penguins can fly?!

Ewoks, but even dumber.

This is Marvel-tier

well, they are meant to cover the puffins native to the island where they filmed

the marvel movies were at least somewhat entertaining tho

Fuck, they even tried to make chewie an evil non-vegan.

They’re both owned by Disney what the fuck do you expect

What exactly is everyones problems with these things?
StarWars had this kind of stuff since the beginning.
What exactly is so triggering here?

the way they were advertised lead us to think they would have a seriously more adverse effect on the film

Holy shit me too, was really disappointed that it didn't happen although..

God damn it I love this scene.

They were well placed unlike the towel, the hugs and the milk joke

They were fine. Pointless but not as annoying as I expected. Chewy's interaction with them made them tolerable. I liked them better than the stupid racing horse monsters that's for sure.

I was waiting for this to happen

"Great Chewie always thinking about your stomach"

P O E T R Y

Pretty much this except I loved the Porgs. Fuck those long eared things. Their destruction of an entire town is the least realistic thing in all 9 films.

cuties

This scene is stolen 1:1 from fucking Lone Ranger holy shit

Look up "Lone Ranger rabbits" or something and you'll see what I mean

WTF I WANNA BUY LOADS OF PORG PLUSHES FOR MY WIFE'S SON NOW

If they had stayed on the island instead of colonizing the Falcon and providing additional distracting slapstick moments, my opinion would be more favourable. As it is, every porg scene after they leave Ahch-To annoyed the fuck out of me.

I want to fuck one

they look so unnatural when they fly

They just get pulled upwards, flapping their wings at their sides and keeping their talons perfectly stiff. It looked awkward in the big screen.

user, please. Don't even joke like that.

It makes me feel warm and fuzzy that Luke has been hanging out with them for years, would have been nice if it showed Luke have a connection to them or something

this
it felt way too forced to me as if disney was saying JUST BUY THE FUCKING PORG ALREADY YOU IDIOTS

They were practical, not CGI.

They're just worse penguins

I have this mental image of Luke and Rey walking into a room and finding Chewbacka making these comically exaggerated, fast thrusting motions into a porg like a fleshlight, and Chewie does a double take at Luke and Rey and then just continues to fuck it.
Now I haven't seen the movie, but if this scene were in it, would it make it better or worse?

adorkable!

pure kino

>destruction of an entire town
It was a street at best.

Vegan propaganda combined with merchandising.

PORGO NOOOOO

Its like they would have learned with ewoks and jar jar

They're the minions of SW and I hate them

this is my fetish

PORGS BTFO

But they're not even cute
They've got soulless eyes

This.

They weren't prominent, but obvious, pure 100% toy shit.

Sterile, design-by committee, market research driven attempt at creating the next minion.

These

I just like saying porg
porg
porg
porg

Why is this so bad? Why does the roasted pork look so fake and plastic-y, why do they fly shooting straight up? I thought we had better CGI at this point, especially with all the millions they poured on this shit

In my head, it's synonymous to the sound exploding coils make in movies.

>SPROING!

It's like "porg" as a sound is designed around sudden, unexpected movements meant to bewilder the recipient.
It's lolrandom condensed.

*holds up porg*

These are the mechatronic porgs they created for the same reason the mechatronic vulture in TFA was pecking at a wreckage.
"OT was all practical, CGI in sequels bad!!"

they're robotic puppets not cgi

Source?

Well that's retarded

I thought they were CGI until this thread. They should have just made them cgi, they probably would have looked better.

Also, if Luke shut himself off from the force as stated earlier in the film, how can he all of a sudden do all this cool projection shit as if he didn't?

they used both cg porgs and puppets

Cute without being annoying. Though they came close a couple times. But not as bad as I expected them to be.

Is there something wrong with me if I don't find them cute at all? I'm the sort of person that has an Instagram only to follow adorable dogs, but these porgs piss me off. I also hated those fucking minions.

jesus christ, is this really in the movie? i thought that these birds are semi-intelligent creatures like ewoks or something. why do they go with chewie on the falcon?

Wings are too small and they are too fat to fly. Stupid, stupid shit.

This. They didn't realy take up any extra time and somewhat fit into the enviorment

was this necessary?

BUT I GOT EM TOO

They are CGI whenever they cover up the droves of puffins that live on Skellig Michael, and the times when the Porg in the Falcon yells at the audience and splats against the windshield. Everywhere else, they tried to go practical.

Source: user's ass

Because Chewie leaves the ramp down and they start nesting in nooks & crannies.

Inferior to gizka

Yes, while Chewie is distracted, Luke sneaks aboard the Falcon.

CHEWIE GOES VEGAN