Who are the most batshit insane shipperfags and why are they Zutarians?

Who are the most batshit insane shipperfags and why are they Zutarians?

Other urls found in this thread:

icarly.wikia.com/wiki/Creddie
icarly.wikia.com/wiki/Seddie
lastairbenderfans.com/index.php?start_from=&ucat=8&subaction=showfull&id=1269959997&archive=1272555212&
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

There's been worse. Thundercats 2011 for instance. When it was airing, there were people on Sup Forums who not only shipped Lion-O and Wilykit, but also thought there was a chance of it becoming real. I once asked them,
>"You guys aren't seriously thinking there's the slight possibility of they ending up together, right? It's just mindless shipping, right?"
and the shippers would respond
>"Dude, she's the only female character who doesn't treat Lion-O like shit! The writers are obviously trying to sneak something."

Why did fangirls ship Zuka and Katara together when Zuko and Aang was so much better

Akubloss is worse, and far more cancerous

>Akubloss
What is that?

Aku (Samurai Jack)/Blossom (PPG)

Well, this isn't worse because there's no way that more than 10 people ship it.

Zutarians were the proto-tumblrite and had numbers enough to be a pain in the ass.

Are you talking about just on Sup Forums or in General?

Cause if it's just on Sup Forums then Starcofags and Klancefags are MUCH worse.

If you're talking about in General, then Naruto, Bleach, and Harry Potter fags are MUCH MUCH WORSE

ELSANNAFAGS

Here's your reasoning:

Naruto
>NaruSakus literally made their own final where they get together and ignore the manga. Some of them convinced themselves that Boruto and Himawari are Kiba's children.

Harry Potter
>People who shipped Draco/Ginny put their books on fire because two characters that interacted two times in 7 books and had nothing in common didn't get together.

On the other hand, Zutarians believe that the entire third season was the result of a conspiracy to prevent their ship from happening. And they are doing that during 10 years. I think they are pretty bad.

>there's no way that more than 10 people ship it.
I wish that you were correct.
Go into any PPG thread and you will be proven wrong.

>Zutarians believe that the entire third season was the result of a conspiracy to prevent their ship from happening.
Conspiracy? The claim is that the creators did it!

I'm not buttflustered over Kataang happening, but I think Zutara should have happened and I can see why people get so mad about it. Them getting together would have been *perfect*. Their characters mesh perfectly, as we saw for a brief minute in Crossroads of Destiny, and each of them hating the other's nation would have added an extra layer to it.
Seriously, it had the potential to be one of the best relationships in fiction. Behind the Lion Turtle, it's my biggest disappointment with Avatar.

Their characters mesh "perfectly" because their interactions with each other were disturbingly OOC

>it had the potential to be one of the best relationships in fiction.
Zutarians actually believe in it. Batshit insane indeed.

I feel very impartial to ships in that series mostly because it's VERY rare to end up actually going somewhere in life with someone you have a relationship with when you're fucking 15. Moreover, even if they had a fling it would (in my opinion) be hatesex at most, which would eventually die down once Zuko started putting his nation before his family and Katara started resenting him because of her motherly and family-oriented nature.

On the other hand, Aang and Katara had actual screentime together besides bickering and the blood raiders episode.

Nice impression of a mentally unstable individual.

I almost fell for it.

All shippers are batshit.

In what way? They were always serious, emotional characters and that's how they acted in CoD. Zuko was sorry for what happened to Katara's mom because of what had been happening with him in the previous few episodes and Katara was willing to hear him out because she's just an empathetic person, and she sympathized with him once she started to understand why he'd done the things he'd done.
Her and Aang had more screentime, but her and Zuko were more natural. It's almost like she and Aang ended up together solely because they spent a lot of time together. We can argue about which one is more realistic (probably Kataang), but I think Zutara would have been better on a storytelling level.

The fact that you think there are "good" shippers and "bad" shippers says a lot about you.

It's no impression, it's the real deal

>Who are the most batshit insane shipperfags
Elsannafags are pretty close with their "stealth canon" feverish rants.

Like a shocking amount of them legit convinced each other that Disney, DISNEY, is totally pushing lesbian sibling incest in their animated feature princess musical, it's totally intentionally written in, it's hidden in the movie and the merch for those in the know but they totally mean it to tap into the lucrative sibling incest audience. "they know what they're doing ;)" ffs

Because apparently that sweet sweet incestfag money is so huge it's worth risking the entire Disney reputation and the multibillion parents buying merch for their kids consumer segment.

It's astounding

Obligatory

icarly.wikia.com/wiki/Creddie
icarly.wikia.com/wiki/Seddie

>In what way?
Katara was willing to spend her most valuable resource after a one-minute conversation with an enemy.

"Great Storytelling" everyone.

Dan "The Hymen Divider" Schneider really blew it out of the park with iCarly, huh. I still can't believe that people actually wrote all that shit,

Look at how many comments there are.

Honestly put yourself in Katara's shoes and REALLY think about her situation, before and during the show, and ask yourself if you would consider dating the crown prince of the nation responsible for everything that's gone wrong in your life and who has spent the last several months trying to hunt you and your friends down.

The scene in Crossroads was a mistake and was written to bait shippers. Katara offering to use to the oasis water and Zuko just fucking trusting her was stupid and out of character for both of them.

That's just what you might call a stupid decision, not an OOC decision. And I don't even think it's stupid. It just showed what an empathetic person Katara was. She *got* Zuko and really believed, for a few minutes anyway, that he was actually a good person.
And heck, I think the fact that she got him so quickly is what drives a lot of Zutara people. They understood each other without having to explain much.

Some shippers are clearly worse than others.

>Cause if it's just on Sup Forums then Starcofags and Klancefags
Neither come close to being truly bad, at most it's if one only looks at what the situation is RIGHT NOW. If those are the worst you can think of you haven't been here very long

See:

>Seriously, it had the potential to be one of the best relationships in fiction

>They understood each other without having to explain much.
You misspelled "they barely interact and act out of character when doing so".

I can understand Katara showing a bit of empathy for Zuko in that moment, I can't understand her offering to use her very limited supply of magic spirit water to heal him. It'd be better if she said something about maybe the NWT can help him *if* he can prove he's a good person. She should have had a more guarded response to him.

You are mentally unstable?

Bubblelinefags were so crazy they made their pairing real.

Azula throwing Katara in the cell without taking the water away from her is already pretty shit-written, what came next was just the consequence of a forced scene through and through.

Zutarians have so little scenes to based their ship on that they will justify anything.

>Azula throwing Katara in the cell without taking the water away from her
That's not even half of it, what about the much bigger problem of Sokka and Toph being thrown into a regular jail, while Katara and Zuko were put into a completely different, wide-open space that practically screamed "romantic moment"?

>being so assblasted about a cartoon ship that you pretend its shippers are insufferable cunts worse than zutarafags

cancerous autism 1000 times worse than any shipper

To be fair, they have a point on the treated like shit.

does a "hall of anal devastation" exist for Zutarians as it does for Narusakufags?

There is one for IchiRuki but none for zutarians... I think.

Pokeshippers are amazingly delusional. Misty hasn't been a part of the anime for years, and yet they still cling to her.

Ash x Serena shippers got pretty bad too.

I could swear that I saw one.

It's always nice when a simple post of mine sparks this much debate, but I was actually referring to more general OOC, not any specific romantic setups. Both Katara and Zuko act significantly different around each other than they do with the rest of the Gaang (let alone non-Gaang members). This is more pronounced with Zuko, of course, but you can see it with Katara as well, the "letting her guard down" you guys mentioned being only one example of that. Ironically, this point has often been used as an argument FOR Zutara, but it leads me to think that if they were written consistently it would become clear that their potential relationship would not be all that great of a match, at least compared to Kataang.

>Ironically, this point has often been used as an argument FOR Zutara
What haven't?

As already said, Zuko and Kataara have so little canon content (maybe 10 minutes of the cartoon added up) that their shippers literally used everything possible and impossible to justify their wet dreams.

Any shipper base that has to tear down other ships and characters to enforce and justify their own is cancer. Overwatch in general, and Stucky (with the insurgence of the MCU) are two I can think of off the top of my head.

>Overwatch and Stucky

You literally don't see these two outside of tumblr.

Zutara was the intended ship by the lead writer, Bryke effectively vetoed it because they're retarded.

AFAIK Bryke vetoed it because they thought there wasn't enough time to write it in convincingly after Book 4 was cancelled.

>Not Klancers
Try again.

At least Ash x Serena shippers got a Kiss. Along with the director saying that they *probably* will end up together one day.

And then they even went as far as to retcon her (and Brock) out of Ash's origin story in the new Movie.

I can definitely see why Misty fans would be pretty pissed.

On the other hand, we all know Serena and Misty are never coming back so why even waste time?

Zutara was the preferred ship by the best writers of Avatar IIRC.

Aang is like 10-12 or something like that, way too young to be into sex or finding his new waifu.

I actually see quite a bit of Stucky outside of Tumblr, but you're right about Overwatch. Klance is another I've just remembered that fits the bill.

Aang is 12, and Katara at 14 isn't?
>But muh girls mature earl-
No.

>Klance

Is basically the New Generation Zutara so that makes a Hell of a lot of sense

>Zutara was the preferred ship by the best writers of Avatar
And yet their scenes were dogsht compared to anything else. Best writers, huh?

They're especially crazy because any ship that interferes with Klance they either say is racist (Kallura) or pedophilia (Sheith) and send their mobs after you.

There was enough time to pull it off convincingly, Bryke wanted Kataang from the beginning. They deliberately wasted time with filler and added the Mai subplot.

I like how people teat zutara as the constant in all cartoons and animes for ships that bring ridiculous conflict, is almost like it is a cosmic aspect of shipping itself, like if Zutara was to ships what the eternal champion is to Michael Moorcock's fictional universes, like in all universes there is that ship that drives the fanbase to autistic battle.

"My ship is inorganic and doesn't have interactions because of the writer" is a hilarious excuse.

Yes, Katara is post-pubescent, and Aang is pre-pubescent. It would be the height of creepy for a freshman in highschool to date a child just entering jr high school, and the only way you don't know this is if you are 12 yourself. Nobody should be dating 12 year olds but other 12 year olds (and even then)

And yes on top of this, girls do hit puberty a bit earlier, added onto this Katara was given this weird over the top motherly role to Aang (whyyy) so the whole thing just reeks of pedophilia. Zutara probably is the better "ship" between the two.

A:TLA was drafted with four seasons in mind. The fourth book would take the time to flesh out Suki, Zutara, give Toph development, Iroh backstory, information about Kuzon and Airbenders and the origins of the Avatar (later included in Korra).

It wasn't until Shamalayan signed on to make the movies it was taken down to a Trilogy instead. Bryke is also overrated garbage.

The NaruSaku descent into jibbering madness for the uninformed with 90 minutes to kill: imgur.com/a/XKwJ4

Draco/Ginny were worse, but they were comparatively small within the Harry Potter fanbase, so a Harry Potter fan could pass through them unharmed.

Zutarians were obnoxious in a limited fanbase (cartoons). They spilled shit in everyone.

The IchiRuki fans were much calmer than the NaruSaku shippers were. Hell, there was almost no backlash compared to that.

None of it explains why their fez scenes were so subpar. Why the "best writters" couldn't write good scenes for them?

What a ride!

As opposed to all the good romantic or sexual Aang/Katara scenes that didnt reek of awkwardness and Oedipus Complexes? Such as?

I don't even ship Zutara. It did however have more potential than Kataang ended up having and would have been better done if it was allowed to be written as the original/best writers intended. Kataang was the most awkward garbage and reeked of "boy gets the girl because thats what these shows do". It crippled Aang's spiritual development too, if not for that stupid asspull where he gets hit by a rock just right and magically unclogs his chakra or whatever who cares.

I'm not much of a shipper in general. I ended up liking Maiko (though I like Mai better with the guy from the comics). Jet was hot and then he died. Kataang is creepy pedo garbage. Zuatara probably would have been done better but it was specifically cut out by Bryke who wanted the hack "boy gets girl" end.

>Draco/Ginny

Huh?

I can honestly say that all Aang/Katara scenes were better than all Zuko/Katara scenes.

There's not one Zuko/Katara scene that isn't subpar. The "Azula throws Katara and her magic water in a cell with Zuko" is just one example.

No good writer would come up with this. Bryke never did, he is, therefore, better.

And it's funny how "totally not Zutaras" are so certain that Zutara would be the best work of fiction ever.

You know the more you faggots complain about a fanship that lost ten years ago and claim it was the worst thing ever, the more I remember every cosmic detail about 2007. Including my time on Sup Forums Sup Forums, namefags like Gentlemen Bones and Kosh and Mindwipe running around. Harry Potter memes and IRL raids before the masks were a thing. I used to make shitty one piece theories... okay that's still true Monet threw the note.

Anyway,you know what I really remember? How much of a stink kataangers made all over Sup Forums about livejournal not agreeing with them and claiming it ruined everything and needed to be banned. And how at the time, it made sense, because they were everywhere.

Read: at the time.

Now? This is an annoying old meme. Now HIBY isn't a collective lolcow it's implicit threadspamming to destroy discussion. Now threads are made about how people are so evil for liking things ten years ago. For fuck's sake, yiff in hell died earlier than this shit. This is happy negro level memery, but it's not fun memory strolls, it's a reflection in how myopic we all were. For fuck's sake, who gives a shit if the red one or the bald one gets the brown chick? We have comic artists supporting jihad, and whole mediums burning down. Shipping wars are pointless, but we act like this meme needs to be continued.

The more you faggots make these threads, the more I want Zutara to get a fresh reexamination and revival of content to piss you all off. Smug indignation can only go so far before YOU become the overbearing asshole who needs to be driven to butthurt. I never cared about this fight, (I thought it'd either end openended to milk the rage forever, or Katara'd die or something) but keep it up and maybe I'll try writing some altverses out of spite. Or maybe I won't, whatever, you're still all faggots in fedoras to me.

Anyone shipping characters from this show is strange. Adventure is one thing, but Avatar characters are not built for interesting or engaging romances, the idea of caring about them is weird to me.

>Draco/Ginny

Check the quantity of fanfic this ship has. It was big back then. Of course, the majority didn't understand, but the ones who were into it were REALLY into it.

>I can honestly say that all Aang/Katara scenes were better than all Zuko/Katara scenes.
Name one that is good on its own right, not one that is "better than" a ship entirely written out of the whole show.

>There's not one Zuko/Katara scene that isn't subpar.
Not a defense of Kataang. Zuko/Katara was written out of the show.

>The "Azula throws Katara and her magic water in a cell with Zuko" is just one example.
One example of what? That's not the Zuatara scene, that's a Azula and Katara scene we don't even see (did Azula even know about magic water or are you just full of shit...?).
The discussion that Katara had with Zuko is the "Zutara scene", and IIRC comes off a lot more genuine than the creepy motherly vibes she was given with Aang, with or without any water involved.
But yeah, you still aren't defending Kataang. So.

>And it's funny how "totally not Zutaras" are so certain that Zutara would be the best work of fiction ever.
Nobody said this, just that it would be better than Kataang. Like, obviously.

>Bryke never did, he is, therefore, better.
Hey quadsposter, Bryke isn't one person. Idiot.

Not after the Book 2 finale fiasco with Zuko. That was what changed everything.

It may have been Bryke who did that too, though.

I also know what its like to be a grumpy oldfag way way too old to still be posting on Sup Forums. it sucks, but where can you go? Its not like there are better boards about cartoons, and you certainly can't grow up, and so you are stuck here with a bunch of meme spouting babies badly mimicking a culture they only half inherited.

Its only going to get worse. This is your punishment for not moving on with your life.

>Name one that is good on its own right
Katara calming Aang down after he went berserker when Appa was kidnapped, Aang taking the lead and kissing her before going after Ozai, the first episode of the third season in its entirety, Aang and Katara having a sexy dance together.

Everyone single one of these scenes is better than the best that Zutara has to offer.

>Not a defense of Kataang. Zuko/Katara was written out of the show.
I know it isn't a defense of Kataang, is an attack on the supposedly "best writers".

>One example of what?
Of the writing being bad to justify a Zuko/Katara interaction.

>The discussion that Katara had with Zuko is the "Zutara scene", and IIRC comes off a lot more genuine
>genuine
"You, my enemy that almost cause my death uncountable times, convinced me of your good soul after this one-minute conversation. Here, have my most precious item".

As badly written as anything involving these two interacting.

>Nobody said this
Literally in this thread
>Seriously, it had the potential to be one of the best relationships in fiction

Stop making an ass of yourself, Zutarian. You have been laughing stocks for ten years already.

>oldfag
Fuck, I remember being the newfag of the oldfags.
I wonder if they joined Sup Forums as sophmores in high school too

I'm so glad the internet and blogging wasn't a big thing when I was a kid

But..... why?

>A:TLA was drafted with four seasons in mind
>It wasn't until Shamalayan signed on to make the movies it was taken down to a Trilogy instead

mfw the pooman cucked me out of an ATLA where Sokka leaves the gaang for three months to train with Master Piandao like Luke on Dagobah to become the ultimate Wudang swordsman and rejoins the group five episodes later, recapping his training in a two-part flashback episode

Because they are from different factions, Draco was only bad because of his father, "Romeo and Juliet", their few interactions are a proof of true love for the ones who want to see that way, and "the creator was forced to change, but TOTALLY had it planned".

You know, just like Zutara.

That's a lie and you know it, the movie wasn't a thing until well after the show finished production.

>A:TLA was drafted with four seasons in mind. The fourth book would take the time to flesh out Suki, Zutara, give Toph development, Iroh backstory, information about Kuzon and Airbenders and the origins of the Avatar (later included in Korra).
>It wasn't until Shamalayan signed on to make the movies it was taken down to a Trilogy instead.
I need sauce on this before I degenerate into blind rage

>Katara calming Aang down after he went berserker when Appa was kidnapped,
Wow cool just like a real mom comforting her child when he throws a tantrum. Neat. Cool

> Aang taking the lead and kissing her before going after Ozai,
Nice a forced "boy gets the girl" endgame kiss this has never been done in the history of all romance.

>Aang and Katara having a sexy dance together.
lol wtf. are you seriously saying a 12 year old is doing a """""""sexy dance""""" what is wrong with Kataang shippers. 12 year olds are not sexy I am sorry.

>Everyone single one of these scenes is better than the best that Zutara has to offer.
Nah stop trying to hide behind a ship that only ever exists in the original outlines to make your canonical pedoshit look better. ALSO literally the most mundane scenes of Zuko and Katara seeing each other as peers and equals in the world instantly beats out the weird mommy/son scenes you listed.

>"You, my enemy that almost cause my death uncountable times, convinced me of your good soul after this one-minute conversation. Here, have my most precious item".
By this logic the whole Zuko redemption arc must be "bad writing". The spirit water isn't "her most precious item" and by that time they'd already fought together against Azula.

>Stop making an ass of yourself, Zutarian. You have been laughing stocks for ten years already.
Calm down pedoshit. I'm not a Zutarian. Even if I was though, this isn't an argument.

Oh wait never mind, just saw
>The fourth book would take the time to flesh out
>Zutara
M. Night averting a disaster, what a twist!

>Y-you're a pedo!

Zutarians everyone.

Preproduction is a thing, and the movie started getting worked on in 2007.

A 2-year age gap is disgusting if you're 14.
A 2-year age gap is fine if you're 14.

Wait...

All romance in Avatar is garbage. /Thread

There's no real source. The sources are Zutarians. They made this up to justify why their ship was so shit.

"I-it's only shit because of the writers" was the best they could invent.

They're claiming the contract for the movie was signed with an agreement to stop at 3 seasons.

I wish I had been a fan of Avatar when the series first aired. Watching the shipper meltdowns would have been glorious.

Yeah I came around 2007-2008, and I still feel uncomfortable calling myself an oldfag.

But nah. We're old now.

Nah bs, Season 3 was in production.

lastairbenderfans.com/index.php?start_from=&ucat=8&subaction=showfull&id=1269959997&archive=1272555212&

"At that time they hadn’t even decided where things were going to end, even like who Katara was going to end up with. "

Everyone always hates on this pairing, but do they actually have shippers?

>By this logic the whole Zuko redemption arc must be "bad writing".
The Zuko redemption arc didn't last just one fucking minute, you fucking dumbass.

Accept the bad writing of your ship and move on.