We are the spark that'll light the fire that'll burn the first order down

Was Rian Johnson channeling Shakespeare?

The fire rises

>lose 99% of forces
>"Heh, we got them right where we want them"

Who the fuck even talks like that irl

That was the exact same reaction the cast had to the dialogue in the first Star Wars

Star Wars dialogue has always been garbage

>We are the crank that rotates the gears, which pushes the lever, that knocks the boot, that kicks the bucket, that knocks the marble down the staircase, into the chute, hitting the pole, knocking the ball out of the hand, into the bathtub, through the hole, onto the seesaw, launching the diver into the tub that drops the cage onto the First Order
anyone else feel like this line was a bit unnatural?

She swallowed a bird to catch the spider to catch the fly.

We are the spark that will trigger the infusion of gas that will burn the wood that will sit on the pyre which will fire the tanks that will fuel the missiles that will damage the shields that would have protected the First Order!

spend five minutes on reddit, they all talk like that

Nah but sparks are fleeting and disappear immediately after lightning the flame, which basically means they all ded, which is what Rogue One was to be honest.

No.

Is that why its so quotable?

We are the virus that will damages the t cells and destroy the immune system of the first order

I really wish this were the biggest issue with the film.

They were retreating you dumb nigger. That's why they kept saying they were a spark, that they would ignite a fire. They knew they had no chance against the first order.

Underrated

>We are the spark that'll light the fire that'll burn blah blah blah down
>Was Rian Johnson channeling Shakespeare?
It means Poe is an Arab terrorist

>There's a speck on the flea on the tail of the frog on the bump on the log in the hole in the bottom of the sea
What did he mean by this?

And the bog down in the valley-o.

MUH HOPE
MUH LIGHT

god the dialogs were so bad.

and my normie friends actually liked it OMFG

IF the movie turned out to be good this line would be really nice and inspiring buuuuuuuuuuuuuut everyone that got into the Milleniun Falcon at the end of the movie is basically what's left of the resistance, so...

I'm more pissed off that they teased us with baddass back in black Luke against an army and didn't even give us the fight we've all wanted: veteran full power Luke fucking shit up. And then they kill him off for no good reason, narrative or otherwise.

Why do I have an image of him repeatedly mashing in a BBQ ignition button while he mutters this line through clenched teeth?

its been clunky but not cringey like this. even i hate sand is better because it at least makes you laugh

The spark that no one wants to help?

>we

George's 'sand' romance sounds like Shakespeare next to this

this is a good point, why is there only 400 people in the resistance after the resistance destroyed 3 Death Stars? You'd think they would have gained some support since everyone hates the first Order and the Empire so much throughout the galaxy. My high school graduating class was bigger than the entire resistance in this movie.

underrated and checked

I agree. I get that they want to avoid the political type stuff that featured so heavily in the prequels, but come the fuck on, we at least need a touch of exposition to explain this bullshit.

lol

i like this user, you should keep doing it. it makes me snicker every time

>everyone hates the ... the Empire so much throughout the galaxy

Stop spreading your disgusting rebel propaganda here, scum. The galactic citizenry wants nothing other than to see your band of terrorists snuffed out.

But they have Mary Sue with them, they surely can't lose.

This was a TERRIBLE line when it was in the trailer and it was even worse in the movie, especially cause it was said by Leia first.

I know it's my autism acting up but why does every movie act like rebellions and revolutions are 100%
>Mug Hope

Every single successful revolution in history basically depended nearly 0% on popular support and instead on undermining key military powers and high level political figures.

Perfection.

Have we started the fire?

90s kid
IN DA HOUUUUSE