People like this film

>people like this film
>people think it's better than Oh Brother, or any 2nd-tier Coen Brothers film

If you replaced the cast with a bunch of nameless people if could pass as a student film.

>if a movie was different it would not be the same

how insightful

it's a good movie if you accept it as what it is, a realistic modern take on espionage gone wrong. just my opinion. not better than their other films, I agree.

It's a good one-time absurdist flick. Your deep teenage revelation that it isn't the greatest film ever is impressing no one.

I think it's one of the best comedies of the last ten years. Clooney for example has not given a funnier performance since Harry Pfarrer.

kill yourself, roastie.

Most Cohen comedies obviously aren't nearly as good as their dramas but they're GOAT when it comes to comfiness.

I really enjoyed it.

Made me laugh

I would put it at the bottom of top tier Coen. Their worst great movie, but still great.

Brad Pitt is genuinely hilarious in this movie, one of his strongest performances by far imo

will The Ballad of Buster Scruggs be good?
>A western, it is the Coens' first work as writers and directors for television.[2] The series will consist of six tales that will premiere on Netflix in 2018.
>Tim Blake Nelson
>James Franco
>Zoe Kazan
>Tyne Daly
>Ralph Ineson
>Stephen Root

I remember I was about 15 watching this movke and then Brad Pitts character died and I stopped watching. Never bothered finishing it.

you a girl(female)?

the movie only works because all of the performances are perfect

a bunch of nameless people playing the parts would ruin it

No, a boy(female).

Snatch is the pinnacle

you mean Pittacle? and the answer is Twelve Monkeys. I will also except Patch Boomhauer

What is a second tier Coen's brothers kino anyway?

Intolerable Cruelty and Ladykillers are like third tier

Second tier depends on preference but I would put Hudsucker Proxy, Miller's Crossing, True Grit and maybe Inside Llewyn Davis in there.
I haven't seen Blood Simple, Man Who Wasn't There or Hail Ceaser yet but from what I hear they sound pretty second tier.

Who exactly says it's better than o brother? I've never heard anyone say that. Not to say it's a bad movie, just not as good as OBWAT.

>millers crossing and inside llewyn davis in 2nd tier

no. other than that it's acceptable.

Tier 1: Miller's Crossing, Barton Fink, Fargo, Inside Llewyn Davis, No Country for Old Men

Tier 2: The Big Lebowski, O Brother Where Art Thou?, A Serious Man, Burn After Reading, The Hudsucker Proxy

Tier 3: The Man Who Wasn't There, Blood Simple, Raising Arizona, Hail Caesar!, True Grit

Tier 4: Intolerable Cruelty, The Ladykillers, all of their screenplays that they didn't direct.

Bretty gud tho I'd bump True Grit up one tier.

Very underrated comedy

It's hilarious. That's all that really matters to me

this desu
True Grit isn't a masterpiece but it's a fun lighthearted western flick
Hail Caesar! was pretty bad
Haven't seen any of the other Tier 3/4 films except for Intolerable Cruelty (which I didn't hate as much as most people do)

If you don't think Burn After Reading is hilarious you have a shit sense of humor. It is low-tier Coens though.