If the rumors are true and Nightwing ends up being asian will there be an outcry of racism because he's not romani?

If the rumors are true and Nightwing ends up being asian will there be an outcry of racism because he's not romani?

Romani here fuck drumpf

no one actually gives a shit about the romani

Moot question, it's a DC adaptation, no one will care

>romani

We're allowed to say gypsy here.

Damian should be the Asian Robin

where did you steal your internet from?

this

the only thing we care about is making fun of it

Rumor from where? Your ass?

>Asian Nightwing
Based DC pushing diversity
Meanwhile The Avengers look like a KKK meeting. Women and minorities are sidekicks so they don't count.

He's already a manlet

Isn't that the drunken style guy from Iron Fist? I want him to show up again.

it's only natural, found an ass worthy of dick would be a colossal search, one can limit the search of an appropriate bottom for simple things like race.
asians are a lot of people white a lot of cheeks to consider

>why all Asians are only on media when doing martial arts, this is racist and perpetuate the stereotype.
This will come from the same people that said Iron fist is racist for not having an Asian MC.

I will not see a movie with ching chong Dick. It makes 0 sense that an Asian anything would be a circus performer with the name of "Richard Grayson." Plus it ruins their opportunity to transition Dick to Batman once Ben quits.

Besides, nobody cares about this type of diversity so it wouldn't even get them any points. We already have a half-Asian Flash (by the looks of him).

... ... I don't want it... But I won't be foaming at the mouth about it. But I really, really, really don't want it.

WB please Make only good decisions now. I'm begging you

As long Nightwing isn't black i'll take any good actor. A nice ass would be a plus

A nice ass is fundamental for the character

>As long Nightwing isn't black
Will it hurt you feelings if he is user. Did a black man touch you inappropriately user?

They're turning everyone black I'd rather get something different at least

More importantly will his name actually be Dick or will they puss out and try to call him some bullshit like Rick or Richard?

nope because there is no shortage of big name white actors in Hollywood.

>we

Black men have better asses

WUZ

Not that user but one touched this guy for sure

Why are they making Dick asian?

Where's the source to this rumor?

Alfred calls him Richard

DESU as long as he's fit and hot as fuck I don't give a fuck what race he is

I think they'll go with Richard. But they could always jokingly call him a Dick

No but he probably prefers to watch black men have sex with white women while getting angry about it

All that projection. Something you want to tell everyone, user?

No one cared that, in the upcoming Death Note adaptation, L became black. But they certainly threw a fit when Light became white.

So I think it only matters when it's whitewashing. Otherwise, it's still "diversity," so it's okay.

Who cares. If he's human than it's enough.

Now if he was played by a dog. Or worse yet a Corgi. Good Lord the backlash. Can you imagine?

Dick is one of the few gypsy superheroes, it would be kind of fucked to take that away from his character.

Fuck off, Corgis are great dogs.
Have some hope, man.

Bringing in Ace the Bathound is an awesome idea

>Richard Grayson
>Asian

No one complained about how they dogwashed the entire cast of Heidi when 4Paws Entertainment made that movie.

>Richard Gray-San.

There should, the whole racebending thing in general is stupid.

but he's not a gypsy because no one's a gypsy.

"Gypsy" is such a sign of ignorance that it literally is going 'iono, maybe they're from Egypt or something'.

Forget the fact that it's 'insulting' and focus more on the fact that it's literally proudly proclaiming how retarded you are.

At least 'nigger' derived from Spanish 'negro'.

>implying gyp isn't such a long standing slur that it hasn't embbeded into languages

This. Racebending is acceptable just so long as Nightwing's ass is properly represented.

You mean like 'cracker'?

No I mean, funnily enough, like how gyp means to scam or short change someone much like the good old roma.
Cracker means nothing to anyone but hood blacks. It's not part of the language at all and it has no meaning beyond that.
Nice filename, by the way.

This.

I don't mind that they turn the character black but they do it constantly and it's feel lazy.

I will laugh if DC and Warner Bros thinks that the key to success is taking advantage of any anti-marvel sentiment by replacing white people with asian people like an anti-doctor strange movie.

You know the term cracker came from slave owners who were 'cracking' the whip? If anything it's a compliment.

there have been a couple rumors flying around the Steven Yeun is in talks to play him.

to answer OP, yeah, I would be mad, only because it's a good argument to get them to stop changing identities and just stick to what's in the books. There's plenty of diversity in comics if you know where to look.

This. It seems like Hollywood has a literal black-and-white view on race.

excellent post, I enjoyed it

I wonder why.

As long as the actor has cakes, then I really don't give a shit about his ethnicity.

Plus the whole 'DICK IS ROMANI REEEEEEEEEE' is just something clung on to because of one panel and it's not a big part of his character anyway.

they reaffirmed it in the latest Nightwing run. it's basically canon now.

Being a circus performer descended from a long line of acrobats is an important part of his identity.

People don't care about romani. Just like how they don't care about asians. They all just want an excuse to complain.

Ok, sure, find me a good romani actor.

>fancasting are rumors
Also rumors are not a legitimate source of information.

I will burn DC to the ground.

Thankfully none of these "rumors" have been true so far.

Mera is not a PoC and neither is Batgirl.

I didn't say they were, just said that rumors exist.

Look up the phrase "there is trouble in the gypsy village" in greek.

Pleb, Damian will be the tallest member of the league. He ages slower.

And they mean less than nothing.

This is a dumb opinion. You're saying dumb opinions. on the internet. on the internet!

Not even that user but changing a character's race is dumb.

Especially Nightwing. He is the epitome of a white guy for us white guys to project onto. We grew up with him. He isn't for asians.

But nightwing is romani...

Whose sidekick is black panther?

*who's* you imbreed

Nah, people were mad about L too (which is dumb, there's already a live action Japanese version of Death note so bitching is moot)

regardless, your point is stupid.

I would be pissed at least. I didn't know there were rumors

So? Most Romani are whiter than white Americans, with the exception of the ones who are more North Indian.

I had no idea Dickfags were so superficial.

Really?

Sup Forums only liked him because he's hot and Dickfags on tumblr only like him because of the fingerstripes.