This is unfair

Huge marvelfag here, very disappointed that shit like Iron Heart, Venom, X-crap is allowed to exist while literally best ongoing is cancelled, can faith in Marvel ever be redeemed??

>I told you fags that a Dick Rider book would bomb. We gave you a book, and it bombed. Marvel knows what it's doing. Always! -t Brevoort

I don't see how it matters either way

Nova was selling higher monthly than "successful" books like Squirrel Girl, Sam Wilson, Moon Girl

He wouldn't be wrong though. I remember Riderfags talking shit for years about how if Rich came back, his book would sell better than all previous Sam books combined and shit like that.

If anything, Brevoort now has real numbers to make sure a Rider book is never greenlighted again.

So sad ;_;

i bet this shit gets relaunched shortly after it's canceled. either an official sam and dick team-up nova book, or a book about reviving the nova corps

A-at least Rich will be making an appearance in Duggan's GotG...

>The only good recent Marvel book
>Cancelled before it could get off the ground

I think a series soley focusing on Rich would still sell better. Putting Sam on the book and treating him as the MC sabotaged this.
I'm pretty sure he's been relegated to antagonist for that.

Nah, it sounds like the rest of the Nova Corps are going to be antagonistic with them not liking the Earth Novas, but even then there's been stuff said about the Guardians teaming up with them against the Fraternity of Raptors.

ehhh Marvel just doesn't want me to have a pull list....

Sadly untrue.
Despite running for much longer, Squirrel Girl and Captain Falcon sell better than Nova.

Moon Girl is their lowest seller that's not ending in the next few months, but they'll continue to run it since it apparently does well in Scholastic book fairs.

If it was a Rider book sure.

So far it's been a Rider hangs around Sam's family at BBQs while Sam goes on dates book.

Those faggots were the hardcore Dickriders and they didn't want to buy the book because Sam was there and DnA wasn't writing it, they were happy it was cancelled, I shit you not.

Just for that I hope when Abnett's DC contract end she comes back to write for Sam, he already said he would do it if Marvel offered him that character.

This comic was made just to cancel it, it sold better than Moongirl, FalconCap, and the Wasp comic yet all those other comic are still going but mainly because Marvel has a lot of interest in keeping those comics.

They were even going to cancel this comic on issue #5 meaning we were going to have Rich go back to the Cancerverse and then the comic would have ended, the Nova editor had to fight Editorial to give Loveness 2 more issues (Perez is done already) to wrap up his story.

Brevoort, Alonso, and the others need to GTFO, and they can take Bendis with him.

Last two Nova issues sold better than SamCap and Wasp.

The one that sold better than Squirrel Girl was Star-Lord I believe.

>All these samfags mad that their book is cancelled so they decide to blame Rider instead of Sam

when people stop buying their comics, they can shut down their comics division entirely and focus on what really matters

Jordan White (GotG Editor) said this new Nova corps were recently established and they aren't familiar with the Xandar corps and Supernovas.

They were going to have Earth member (assuming it's the Bakians) but they are going to be unpopular within the corps.

I don't know how Rich and Sam are going to play into this story but Jordan White said the new corps was going to affect both of them.

Rich went on a date too and the last issues have been focusing on him, hell the next issue is about him being in the Cancerverse

Bendis would be out of a job but he won't give a shit, he's a millionaire.

Did you miss the part where Sam going on a date was at the same time Rich went out with Gamora, buddy? It hasn't been all Sam at all.

As Abnett said a while back, Quesada and company don't care about Marvel cosmic. They don't care to market it and they'll cancel it in favor of their own pet projects.

The shit they pulled after the end of DnA pretty much killed the fan base and there were no movie fags there to replace them like GotG had until they got a taste of Bendis.

Why bring back a beloved character from the dead and make him one half of a book where he's barely marketed being in that book?

I mean, look at how Marvel markets Venom and Eddie Brock compared to the return of Nova. I get that they're not on the same level but the arguments saying 'well, guess people really don't care about Rider cause this book sells like shit' are weak.

Sam will either be relegated to "Champions" and as a minor or background character in the inevitable "Nova" reboot, or they'll straight up have him ditch the legacy role altogether.

I mean, hell, just look at how he was in the "Generations" promo art and never got a one-shot. But I guess the now-cancelled ongoing fulfilled that purpose.

Fuck off, part of the mystery in that comic was Rich's return from the Cancerverse and what had happened to him that gave him those cursed powers but Dickriders didn't even read the comic you guys just fucking whined.

And it shows that you didn't read it by your comments, get bent.

venon/eddie have been getting a marketing push because of the milestone issue.

They did market Rider's return for the book constantly, though. Don't act like they didn't. It was the big angle from the very start.

Just make Dick Rider a girl, give her sexual tension with everyone, have Pepe Larraz or a guy who draws cuties, and problem solved!

Now his book is guaranteed to have at least 20 issues because muh diversity and people fapping to it.

I read the fucking comic. It was weak. It was weak due to Rider jerking around with Sam.

Rich's return from the Cancerverse is not issue 5 material, it's issue 2. Mystery doesn't sell books when the mystery isn't marketed and doesn't show up until the second arc of the book.

Giving him his own book would've fixed this. I guess Marvel should bring all characters back to the dead in other people's books just because 'name is same'.

Giving him his own book would have been the same shit, don't flatter yourself, 3 more angry buttmad Dickriders from cosmicbooknews don't do much difference.

>second arc
You what? This was all pretty clearly still part of the first arc, the writers sure as hell considered it to be.

And your claim about them not marketing it is still wrong. What, did you want them to send parades through the streets telling people of Rich's return?

The mystery surrounding Rich is the main draw of the book, but doing shit like "Sam forgot to wear pants to school today" and "Sam goes on a date with that girl he likes" was a very bad choice for the book.

No one's blaming Richard. Your reading comprehension is shit

I'm glad Sup Forums fags have no say in what actually happens in comics, because you want to read some weak ass shit

Clearly, the entire comic book audience must be Sup Forums since practically nobody else wants to read a book with Sam either.

Autistic characterfags typically aren't very bright

just come over to the other side, user
give Darkseid your soul and you can be free
read Young Animal

I'm just pissed they're canceling the book that had rad cancerverse stuff in it
characters turning into tentacled horrors is my jam

Ditto

Yea, the thing about it is that people need to buy it, if they don't even ifisgreat, it gets the axe, remember Marvel is a company, not an art gallery.

Speaking of, do we have any idea who the bearded Nova is? I think I saw lineart that had both him and Richard interacting, so presumably it's not a warped 616 Dick.

They axe comics that don't sell well that they give low priority, but comics that have characters or properties with a movie coming up or are pet projects can keep selling like shit and at one point they will just get relaunch treatment.

Also their marketing and sale tactics are shit, Nova was doomed from the start.

Has to be Rich. The Nova Corps was the first thing to go when Mar-Vell did the ritual.

>I think I saw lineart that had both him and Richard interacting

Where?

That said look at his armor and his helmet, we get a flashback of Rich's time in the Cancerverse that happened between the Original Sin story shitfest and Rich getting back home.

Bearded Nova is Rich, he spent a long ass time in the Cancerverse, from the looks of it he was just running from and fighting the Revengers and getting constantly killed by them but since it's the Cancerverse he can't die.

Look at we see him getting his head snapped, and then falling into a pool of acid or whatever that looks like it's dissolving him, pic relate dis him getting electrocuted by Cancer Thor (Who is worthy of Mjolnir, lol).

Here's armless Rich with Drax and Thanos

Drax picked up up that Mjolnir too. What triggers me about that page is him getting his ass kicked by Thor.
Cancerverse Thor was Rich's punching bag. He bodied that motherfucker every time he saw him.

Here's Doorman Rich (Fuck Bendis)

>focus on what really matters
You mean Ike's paper clip collection?

Well he's going against all of the Revengers by himself plus whatever Cancerverse monster is crawling around and is also most likely tired at that point. Also who is to say whatever bullshit Bendis did to him may have made him weaker (honestly Loveness said he was going to explain Rich's change of armor but we never got to that because the comic got cancelled).

When he made Cancerverse Thor is bitch he had back up and had full Nova force thanks to Worldmind.

He was able to hold off all of them when he had 100%. Plus, he's immortal there. If he gets tired, he can keep going until he dies and respawn.
It's just dumb since none of those guys should be able to come close to him. Minus Mar-Vell, of course.
Plus, all the stuff being there that shouldn't be there. Like the Worldmind and Thanos.

Does he still have 100%? Also he's techniclaly going against all of the Cancerverse.

He didn't give any back when went to fight Thanos, and at that time the Fault had already closed.
The only guy who gave him issues from the cancerverse was Mar-Vell. He gave him a lot of issues, though. Everyone else, he plowed through.

They were kicking his ass until Worldmind gave him the 100%, again they can easily explained it that he exhausted himself when he did this shit The problem is that they are also working with what Bendis established.