Why didn't they just still use Mako's voice anyway for Aku in season 5? The technology's there...

Why didn't they just still use Mako's voice anyway for Aku in season 5? The technology's there. Even without much technology having real Mako voice shouting standard lines like FOOLISH SAMURAI or AHAHAHAHA would be preferable to Greg Baldwin.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ji3GDakHUnQ
youtube.com/watch?v=I3l4XLZ59iw
youtube.com/watch?v=tZL6YHLwn9M
youtube.com/watch?v=I5Irc61wprM
youtube.com/watch?v=Huq02sL7v34
youtu.be/MeHoh3EOZyQ
vocaroo.com/i/s0OLbwGDVyUm
vocaroo.com/i/s0LAgqGItA1F
youtube.com/watch?v=9hW8-Sv0yUs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

That would be extremely disrespectful.

That always ends up being terrible.

People say they can notice the difference, but I don't believe them.

How would it be disrespectful acknowledging Mako can't be replaced and that they need to rely on old recordings of his if they want to make the new season work right?

How would you feel if someone Weekend at Bernie's'd you to get unemployment/disability checks?

You're fired.

Why would you want a literal youtube poop?

Mako's fecal matter > Greg Baldwin.

Not that user but If it was done by a fan who did not receive profit from it, would it still be considered disrespectful?

How would I even care? I'd be dead. It's none of my business what happens after that so go for it.

>How would I even care?
in the afterlife your still conscious

乇乂ㄒ尺卂 ㄒ卄丨匚匚

>"""afterlife"""
>""""""consciousness""""""

You need to un-meme yourself, user.

That was pretty funny in South Park's "Death of Chef".

Because then it'd be like that one South Park episode where Chef comes back.

in fairness no one knows.

Sentence mixing should only be used for Youtube Poop.

ME AKU AM MASTER OF DOODOO AHAHAHA FOOLISH BOOB I AM BOOBKU.

That was done to be poor in quality intentionally because he had just quit over the scientology episode and they wanted to get back at him for leaving. And also when you look at it from an in-universe perspective he was meant to sound unnatural because he had been brainwashed.

God, why did I laugh?

>he actually thinks we have the Scooby Doo technology to synthesize a professional Voice Actor's work
Is that you, Karl Pilkington?

Honestly, it feel like any voice actor with a thick jap accent could do a better job than Greg, because holy damn is he bad. Its like he either hate the job and the only reason he is here is for the dough or he is just that bad of a voice actor, every single one of his lines lack substance, like he was only halfway trying to do a proper imitation.

Also the new season has far too many 4th wall break, please stop it Genndy. A subtle one is a-okey but screw things like Scaramouche repeatedly breaking the 4th wall just because. And why that piece of rust can't die already, we don't need a C-3PO/jar jar binks comedy relief in samurai jack.

youtube.com/watch?v=ji3GDakHUnQ
BEFORE THE FINAL BLooooW WAS STRUCK
I TWOJ MY ASS OPEN AND FLUNG HIM INTO THE FUTURE

>Not even in death will you find peace
I was never a fan of the fast and the furious but damn it was distasteful for them to shop paul walkers face over his brother and you want them to do that to Aku?
Have you no shame?

The technology is probably better than you even realize.

youtube.com/watch?v=I3l4XLZ59iw

Some YTPs have god tier sentence mixing. It could be done well:
youtube.com/watch?v=tZL6YHLwn9M
youtube.com/watch?v=I5Irc61wprM

Keep in mind that was made with King Harkinians 8 lines of dialogue, while Aku has 4 seasons worth of dialogue.

I found him annoying but since he was apparently a one time villain it wasn't so bad. Now he's back and won't shut the fuck up.

Why don't you post said masterful supercut?

Why not do it yourself?

>The technology's there
Yes, and it's fucking awful
youtube.com/watch?v=Huq02sL7v34
also

eh, it'd still sound stupid in episode.

It turns out just making Baldwin slightly higher pitched dramatically improves the result

youtu.be/MeHoh3EOZyQ

How "good" the technology is depends on the original audio used and the ability (read:cost by hour) of the person using it. But by itself even this last generation audio editing software isn't much significantly superior to analog tape splicing, except for time consumption.

>imrpoves

Why sentence mix at all? Why not just use the old lines exactly as they were but in a new context?

Or just get a better voice actor.

anyone without Sup Forums-tier autism doesn't notice the change so

No one's paying you to be this stupid. Get off of Sup Forums.

Like what they did when the chef voice actor died.

You're a big guy.

Wash your ears please, or rewatch the old episodes. The difference is blatant.

I thought he just left

one, then the other

He did but when he died they brought him back as a Darth Vader pedaphil

>The technology's there.

It also fucking sucks. But putting that aside, the crew would have to deal with plenty of moral and legal issues even before trying to replicate Mako's voice. Would the end result of such a "resurrection" outweigh any negative press that would come from the decision? (Even Disney caught shit for using Peter Cushing's likeness in "Rogue One".)

Mako died. His voice died with him. The crew behind "Samurai Jack" accepted these facts. Why can't you?

vocaroo.com/i/s0OLbwGDVyUm

vocaroo.com/i/s0LAgqGItA1F

Isaac Hayes left the show at the urging of The Church of Scientology after Trey and Matt ripped on that cult of lunatics. In response to Hayes's departure, the duo made "The Return of Chef", an episode where all of Chef's lines were created by splicing together audio from his work on the show's previous nine seasons. Chef was turned into a member of a pedophile group (that was a less-than-subtle potshot at The Church of Scientology), killed, and resurrected in the vein of Darth Vader. The character itself was retired after this episode, while Hayes died two-and-a-half years after the episode aired.

GET YOUR FACTS TOGETHER, SON.

Your family would care

Should have just gotten this guy
youtube.com/watch?v=9hW8-Sv0yUs

>digitally recreate mako's voice
>add a special dedication on all episodes aku speak
>pay the family a symbolic amount of money.
Seriously, if you recreate the voice because the actor died, make a homage for him, desu only Mako should done Aku's voice, Greg is a disgrace for Mako's work on previous seasons, it's not like samurai jack is going to have any other season after this.

>all these people saying Baldwin is shit and then linking to people who sound even worse

>"WAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ITS NOT THE SAME AS I REMEMBER ITTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!111!!!1!"

Baldwin sounds like that puppet dog, Triumph trying to do a Mexican accent. It's like he's not even trying to sound like Mako.

this will always be my favorite funny scene