Look at this picture. Look at it closely. Gumball looks so happy, peaceful and comfy. He is there in a peaceful room...

Look at this picture. Look at it closely. Gumball looks so happy, peaceful and comfy. He is there in a peaceful room, wrapped by a comfortable blanket, being warmed by his mother’s lips. You can feel how much Gumball is enjoying this moment of peace. All the problems seems to have disappeared from his mind. It’s just he and Nicole. You even can feel how much he wants the moment to last forever. There is a deep meaning behind all of this.

Gumball is INSIDE of the room Nicole gave him. He is wrapped by the blanket Nicole gave him. He is enjoying the warmth Nicole’s body is giving him. Everything he has is a gift from Nicole. Everything in that room came from Nicole… even the own Gumball.

All of this is a metaphor. A metaphor of Gumball’s unconscious desire to return to the peaceful coziness of the womb. He was once part of his mother. They both were one. She gave him his own existence, his own identity the day she brought him into the world. He exists because of her. But the human existence isn't easy. The message here is subtle but powerful. Everybody, every single one of us has the unconscious desire to go back, back the past. Back to the primordial state. A state without work and responsibilities. A state without fears and pain. A state where no one is able to hurt us.

We have reached the peak of western cartoons deepness with this scene. Gumball and Nicole's relationship transcends simple narrative logic. It works on visual and deep emotional logic. I dare to say Gumball is the Neon Genesis Evangelion of the western cartoons.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=qz2lIwKI8NA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Pugs are gross.

Nah, he was just glad he skipped school.

Put me in the screencaps.

jeezuz op, maybe you oughta change hobbies...

REALLY

fpbp

>go back, Back to the past
Samurai Jack

Too bad it made the jannies spit up their hotpockets.

am I weird if I want to cuck richard

Is this a pasta?

you people aren't even trying anymore

This is what Spectacular Spider-Man lost to, ladies and gentlemen.

i actually think he tried too much

No incest.

Literally what.

I feel this on a spiritual level.

Is Gumball kino?

Gumball sure has some weird fetishes.

Is this the new pipe strip?

This is delicious pasta

Just like us.

stop ruining Gumbo's innocence for me

Another example of how this show works on visual and emotional logic. What is the real meaning behind of the painting of two strange looking white horses? Are they mother and son like Nicole and Gumball? It's a commentary about the how kids leave their parents behind as they grow older? I'm not sure but there’s something beautiful about these horses galloping together. This stuff hits me on a subconscious level

Is this a fucking incest thread?

What do you think?

>I dare to say Gumball is the Neon Genesis Evangelion of the western cartoons.
Will it be followed up with the FLCL of Western cartoons, then?

Could be about unbirthing.

Yes

I call pasta.

Nope

>cuckoldry
>off-model
Not such which is worse.

There is nothing wrong about off-model, user.

Fuck no. SU isn't the FLCL of anything.

Enjoy your stay.

They trying to copy it, But they did it really badly.

WE ENJOY IT WHILE THERE'S STILL TIME TO
MAKE
THE MOST
OF IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

No, but you are suicidal. Only someone with the size and durability of Richard can endure Nicole's angry sex.

So am I. I want Nicole to break me like a twig.

Is Gumball the western version of Shinji?

>implying
Nicole is one of those persons who is dom in life and sub in bed

>le self insert green man
kys

What? I was just defending off-model

Nicole is, canonically, an unstoppable force, and Richard is the immovable object.
There is no pairing other than those two that will not end in death (by boredom/frustration in the off chance someone else ended up trying to do anything with Richard).

>Nicole is, canonically, an unstoppable force
>canonically
There is not such a thing in a toon world. A character is strong or weak depeding on the plot. Something Nicole is weaker than Gumball. Even weaker than a spoon

>Something Nicole is
Sometimes

SU actually wants to be Evangelion.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=qz2lIwKI8NA

If not its going to be. Also if not op why?

>Shinji having to endure a complete and utter fucking mental shut down, so severe that it begins the merging of all human consciousness into one being. Then creating multiple worlds to reside in, failing, and eventually coming to terms with reality, and life itself only to bring everybody back to normal "congratulations, you did it Shinji" is the same as fucking Steven Universe.

>Implying these are not just "things we googled cause it looked cool."

Freud, get of the AfterNet.

I need to go back. I want to be with my dead family, i want to go back.

Unbirthing sounds hot.

FOOL

extra thicc

>describing one thing in detail and the other thing not at all so they sound more different than they actually are

A teenage boy given more responsibility than he can handle and needs to save the Earth repeatedly by fighting monsters finds it very stressful and whines a lot

that's an accurate description of both shows

>Oedipus complex

No one gives Steven a "responsibility". He is the one who wants magical destiny because that is fun and cool. His whole life was comfy as fuck and withou any real responsibility except for the last year. He doesn't even go to school for fuck sake.

>Oedipus complex
>the complex adventures of gumball watterson

>that awkward moment when the only picture of this is with the loud house where everybody = cats
Think of it as if Gumball had 10 sisters. (Darwin being one of them,genderbent)

Remember when Gumball did an actual, proper Third impact reference? Literally the kind of thing SU is unable to do.

I don't remember anything of that sorts happened in the show. Not that the town of Elmore is always on the verge of getting fucked to oblivion in many different ways anyway.

That's because they were reminded of the times they wanted to fuck their mothers and it made them upset.

This reminds me of all the bullshitting I had to do back in college to get those A's from the brain damaged english teachers

What even fucking species is Gumball?

Incestfags,

Cat.
That is pretty obvious, I think?

But doesn't his dad's half of the blood corrupt his DNA?

>The background painting is a commentary about the how kids leave their parents behind as they grow older
This actually makes sense

That isn't how it works. Gumball is 100% cat and his sister Anais is 100% rabbit.

Season one he was innocent, after that he's a turbo cunt

Tell that to Rebecca Sugar

>I saw this on a fortune cookie

The Job and The Finale were Third impact references. The former in a visual way and the latter in a metanarrative way

Freud was a mistake.

>tfw you will never get as comfy as Gumball in his room/womb

>It all returns to nothing, Gummypuss
What did she mean by this?

>after that he's a turbo cunt
S2 Gumball was pretty good too.
>"I guess I'm just good at being happy"

Terrible """homage"""" doesn't make something something else. Even if it weren't hackneyed and hamfisted.

Fucking DNA how does it work

Mendel's laws don't work on toons. They are beyond our universe rules.

Jack?

But what if you have a lot of anime "references" in your cartoon

No Gumballfag here. Does Gumball have Oedipus complex or it is just a meme?

What did I just read?

>Does Gumball have Oedipus complex or it is just a meme?

just a meme, his relationship with his mother alternates between being scared of her and being a spoiled brat.

he acts too flamboyantly gay to have any implications.

>he acts too flamboyantly gay
Literally a forced shitty joke from S5, the worst season. Gumball was not like that for 3 seasons.

>Gumball was not like that for 3 seasons.

he gave a blowjob in S3

is full of retards like you, go there youll be in good company
Also consider

First off, it was S2. And he was just helping a balloon. By that logic I gave a blowjob too. The scene was not gay at all

>a namefag thinks his opinion matters

Their relationship was cute in S1
>Gummypuss

So how much longer until people say Season 3 is good?
The reason why I am asking this is because more people than ever are now saying that Season 2 is good, when in reality people are only saying this as ammunition to shit on Season 5.

People say S2 is good because IS good if not the best. People saying S2 is the best is nothing new. S2-S3 was the peak of the show.

>And he was just helping a balloon.

a sentient balloon that eats, shits and does everything fluid related through the same hole, if he didn't give a blowjob he gave one hell of a rimjob, and you can tell both were aware that wasn't innocent at all.

You may just be projecting a bit here user...
and by a bit I mean go see a fucking psychologist about your mommy issues.

>Even weaker than a spoon

Come on user, that's a clearly unfair comparison

>a sentient balloon that eats, shits and does everything fluid related
Alan doesn't eat or shit for fuck sake.

>both were aware that wasn't innocent at all.
No. Gumball was aware that it was a weird situation. For Alan was a normal thing.

>Alan doesn't eat
He fucking ate spaghetti.

I actually prefer season 4 over 3 though. Season 2 is the best all around though.