Does anyone else miss seasons 1-2, maybe part of s3, of the Fairly odd parents?

Does anyone else miss seasons 1-2, maybe part of s3, of the Fairly odd parents?

They had a more retro feel to the humor and tone, more clever, and not as ADHD as the later ones. For instance, Cosmo was way better when he sounded like a smooth-talking game show host and was more of middling intelligence, rather than the retard he became later on. And Timmy's voice was better when it was lower and not high and screechy. Also I think the animation looked better when it was more stylized.

Cosmo only had that voice during the Oh Yeah episodes

I have always hated this show. Since the first grade.

but this show came out in 4th grade user.

They used CGI like in that episode a lot more during the early seasons.

His low pitch voice carried over to S1 and gradually got higher with later seasons.

I did like it when the show was about Timmy and showed him with a mostly average life with a bitchy babysitter (who wasn't the spawn of Hitler and Satan just yet), neglectful parents, and friends who actually hung out with him. Wanda was as much an idiot as Cosmo sometimes, though she was a little more insightful than he was. Timmy's wishes were also something you'd expect a kid to wish for, things like meeting his comic book hero or making everyone the same to gain equivalent treatment with others, or even in the OP pic where he wishes for a really cool game to play that he otherwise wouldn't have.

The newer seasons feel like they lost that grounded feeling of kid problems mixed with magical solutions and started making the characters more flanderized and the world shittier in comparison to Timmy's perspective to justify some episode plots.

>average life with a bitchy babysitter (who wasn't the spawn of Hitler and Satan just yet)

That's one of my biggest problems with later seasons. Vicky went from being a bitchy babysitter with somewhat of a moral conscience, to a literal anti Christ with no redeeming qualities.

Why do nonwhites hate this show?

>this episode is old enough to drive

>When you realize Timmy's parents and God Parents have the same voices
>Timmy and Poof have the same voice too

The first few seasons of FOP were legitimately good. Unfortunately like a lot of shows it overstayed its welcome by a lot, and now it's been shit longer than it was good.

>Sir, you've been in a coma since 2001
>Oh man, I can't wait to catch up on any Fairly Odd Parents episodes I missed. Cosmo's slick game show voice was my favorite part!

FoP is only worth watching up to and including Season 5.

Seasons 6-8 have varying levels of quality, but ultimately aren't really all that worth it

Seasons 9 and 10 are complete garbage

I remember this show premiering around the same time as Invader Zim. They had half the audience at SlimeTime Live with little antennae and the other half with magic wands. And only one show survived.

but season 5 is the second worst season(behind season 9)

To each his own. People say the show went downhill when Poof came along but I think it was earlier than that, around seasons 4-5, when timmy became colder-hearted, cosmo's voice got higher and he became annoying, the characters voices became higher pitched, and wanda was suddenly called a "nag" by everyone out of nowhere.

Didn't the first episode have a matrix parody with carrots?

I remember thinking something about the show felt "off" as early as the season 2 premier.

Treat it the same as Spongebob. Stop watching after the movie (Channel Chasers)

S5 was a slight drop in quality from the last few, but it had plenty of good episodes and a solid seasonal movie.
S8-10 have literally nothing.

Personally I thought the show started feeling off around late season 3

Season 5 is, by no stretch of the imagination, anywhere near as bad as Season 9

Season 4 was great. Season 5 was a slight step down but still overall good. Poof was not where the show went downhill, but the seasons he was in were where there was a noticeable drop in quality. Not all of the episodes from those seasons were bad (in fact a few of them were pretty great) but a larger number of them were.

That's just silly, there's plenty of great episodes in the rest of Season 4 and in Season 5.

>That's just silly, there's plenty of great episodes in the rest of Season 4 and in Season 5.
I personally think that even if that's the case, Channel Chasers is a good ending and should have ended there

>redeeming qualities

MrEnter pls go

Remember when she actually feared her parents? That episode where she gets Timmy to be her maid and he wrecks the house, she terrified of her parents finding the house in a destroyed mess. Her conscience was more based on money than care but she had her moments.

I did enjoy CC, nice amount of parodies that both kids and adults would recognize, Vicky being a real threat because she now had powers equal to Timmy and that little ambiguous ending where we don't know who the mom is of Timmy's kids.

I don't get that meme either. In one if the first episodes, Vicky is breaking her sisters toys and trying to marry Chip Skylark just to get his money.

Not really

I remember watching the episode in the OP when it was brand new and thinking it was pretty lame. The fact that it's still on TV to this day honestly kinda baffles me.

What they did to her was terrible.

Before, you could explain her anger away with stress caused by studying for college, but they turned her into Satan.

I thought she was in high school and she took her problems out on her sister and Timmy because of your typical high school problems.

Tootie got to stay home and be a NEET while Vicky had to get up early to babysit for Mr. and Mrs. Goldstein or else they would dock her pay.

>Muh MrEnter boogeyman

>Season 5 is, by no stretch of the imagination, anywhere near as bad as Season 9
that's more of an indicator of how bad Season 9 is than anything about Season 5 being good

I agree that Channel Chasers is a perfect finale for the show, I'm just saying that the notion that you should stop watching after it is ridiculous.

Channel Chasers would have been a perfect ending to the show, but if it had ended there, we wouldn't have gotten the FOP Summer Musical.

>implying

Because Timmy Turner never wished for a burner?

yeah, fuck poof

so should we just go right to the cheesecake and smut like most FOP threads?

it's kind of obvious that the kid's are tootie's based on the daughter's hair

Absolutely correct

>including Season 5
This is just nostalgiafagging. The correct set of watchable seasons is 1 to 4, 6, 8 and 10.

5 and 7 are barely wort it and 9 is shit.

This is true. I'm one of the people who felt the show was going downhill at that point, which is why I actually found Poof's seasons to be a good change of pace as most of that was gone by then.

But 8 has Meet the Oddparents and When Losers Attack which are both great. And that alone is half the season.

>They had a more retro feel to the humor and tone

They were also actually funny.

>This is just nostalgiafagging.
It's not.

>The correct set of watchable seasons is 1 to 4, 6, 8
Those are some of the watchable ones, yes. You forgot Seasons 5 and 7 though.

> and 10.
I can't take you seriously now.

Season 10 isnt perfect, but it's definitely good. Good plots, good characterizations, and going back to a lot of things from the earlier seasons, like how both Cosmo and Wanda can act silly again.

5 and 7 are watchable, but that doesnt stop them from being the most underwhelming ones other than defacto worst 9.

>Season 10 isnt perfect, but it's definitely good.
It's really not.

>Good plots,
Not a single one.

>good characterizations,
Hell no, the characterization is the worst it's ever been, even worse than some of the shit in Season 9

>and going back to a lot of things from the earlier seasons, like how both Cosmo and Wanda can act silly again.
It goes too far though a lot and it doesn't feel like the earlier seasons. The general idea is kinda sorta back in a roundabout way, but the feel is gone and the characters don't act the same. Not to mention they went to flash animation now which further alienates the season

>5 and 7 are watchable, but that doesnt stop them from being the most underwhelming ones
How are they underwhelming?

Let me start with the last part

>Season 5
the characterizations where at their worst here (even worse than 9) due to everything mentioned in . Everyone was an asshole, Cosmo was dumber than ever, Wanda was a "nag" and Timmy went from average kid to incredibly self centred. He destroys Vicky and Tootie's house twice, and the movie of the season was literally about Timmy being so mean that his fairies quit. The plots are underwhelming and half the episodes are about "Cosmo and Wanda lose their wands followed by a 9 minute chase scene"

>Season 7
Nothing particularly interesting, it has a tonne of episodes and a lot of one off characters and nothing really stands out much. Not bad at all, but not as interesting as the rest. Notable for having the most appearances from Tootie though. It's just the most bland ther show has ever been.

>even worse than some of the shit in Season 9
I legit dont see how anyone can think this. Cosmo and Wanda act romantic again, Cosmo actually does things relating to the plot rather than just be kids show Peter Griffin, Crocker is back to being crazy teacher, Timmy's Dad being rich now make his antics more interesting than they were last season, Timmy himself is great, not only being nice again, but being more self aware since Chloe is the noob now, they removed dog since he was too similar to Cosmo, Chloe is a good counter to Timmy's personality in the way Gumball and Darwin play off each other.

Season 10 isnt the best, but it has the best characterizations since Season 3, without contest.

As for plots, you're definitely exaggerating when you say there isnt a single good one.

DIsclaimer that I'm not trying to make you agree with me, but at the very least get why I think this way

Also an addition to the character bit, Every Vicky appearance this season (all 3 of them) has been about her babysitting a kid, which is a welcome change from everything in around the past 10 years.

A huge chunk of the fan base is just clouded by nostalgia.

In the Oh Yeah Cartoons shorts she was hacking into the school system to give herself As and wanted to scare Timmy just for fun

>the characterizations where at their worst here
No, that would be Seasons 9 and 10

> (even worse than 9)
Ha, no.

>Everyone was an asshole,
Overexaggeration. Characters on this show have always had asshole-y moments

>Cosmo was dumber than ever,
Not much more than he was in 4. But still far smarter than he is in 6-10.

>Wanda was a "nag"
She's always been a nag.

>and Timmy went from average kid to incredibly self centred.
At times yes, but this is true of even earlier episodes. There's plenty where he's not. Like the episode where he lends Tootie his fairy godparents for her birthday. Or the episode where he lets Catman get the childhood he never had.

>He destroys Vicky and Tootie's house twice,
So? He's done worse before and after.

>and the movie of the season was literally about Timmy being so mean that his fairies quit.
No, it was about Norm the Genie tricking Cosmo and Wanda into disliking Timmy by replacing him with a selfish and unappreciative clone. Something tells me you haven't watched this season since it first aired.

>The plots are underwhelming
I really disagree, some of them were some of the best of the show.

>and half the episodes are about "Cosmo and Wanda lose their wands followed by a 9 minute chase scene"
The later seasons are FAR more guilty of this, and it happens in extremely more stupid ways in them.

>It's just the most bland ther show has ever been.
This I can agree with outside of maybe one or two episodes.

>Cosmo and Wanda act romantic again,
They always have

>Cosmo actually does things relating to the plot rather than just be kids show Peter Griffin,
Yet he's too stupid to properly fill that position

>Crocker is back to being crazy teacher,
Too crazy and not always simply a tescher

>Timmy's Dad being rich now make his antics more interesting than they were last season,
He's in the show way too much now. Has been since like 6 or 7.

> Timmy himself is great, not only being nice again
He's not really that great anymore and he was never "not" that nice

>, but being more self aware since Chloe is the noob now, they removed dog since he was too similar to Cosmo, Chloe is a good counter to Timmy's personality in the way Gumball and Darwin play off each other.
She isn't needed at all and detracts from the show heavily.

>Season 10 isnt the best, but it has the best characterizations since Season 3, without contest.
Not in the slightest.

>As for plots, you're definitely exaggerating when you say there isnt a single good one.
I'm not.

This makes me realise your thoughts on S10 is based on what you think of S5. I can't hate S10 when it is clearly better than 5 to me for all I stated. If you really think that nothing was wrong with the characterization in 5 then you won't see what's good about it in 10. But that's just my take on it

Also, the plot was about Timmy being mean to then and he eben apologises for it near the end

The clone is just a lazy way to make Timmy look less bad in the plot by putting the worst of it on another character

I like Poof. He's a great idea: he's an inoffensive cutsey character, but being a younger sibling would provide some fresh stories for the show. It'd be a relatable topic for the audience, and it could have added more depth or maturity to Timmy.

But no. They just made him a floating set piece that might say his name or do karate sometimes, and might have an episode or two of focus.

>This makes me realise your thoughts on S10 is based on what you think of S5
No, my thoughts on S10 are based on what I think of S10.

>I can't hate S10 when it is clearly better than 5 to me for all I stated.
So far all you've stated are things that are not true or exaggerated. It seems like you dislike it for misconceptions and falsehoods instead of real reasons.

>If you really think that nothing was wrong with the characterization in 5
I don't see what's wrong because you haven't pointed out anything that's actually wrong and haven't brought up real examples to back it up. I think you need to rewatch the Season too because if you're misremembering stuff like Fairy Idol you might be misremembering other episodes too.

>then you won't see what's good about it in 10.
There isn't really that much good about it. Most of the characters still around act differently and new ones like Chloe are just terrible.

>Also, the plot was about Timmy being mean to then and he eben apologises for it near the end
Yes but the reason Cosmo and Wanda leave is the clone. Timmy has always been a little selfish and unappreciative at times, slightly more so in this season(and particularly at the start of this movie) but never just all the time. This movie was the conclusion to him being a slight bit more selfish this season.

>The clone is just a lazy way to make Timmy look less bad in the plot by putting the worst of it on another character
No, the clone was just the catalyst for the plot. If it didn't exist then none of the plot would occur. Timmy was never as rude selfish and unappreciative as the Clone.

I mean, your responses don't mean much since I also think your thoughts of S10 are wrong or based off exaggerations. Im not sure why youre explaining the concept of disagreement.

I'm sure you'll tell me why you're right though.

You're looking at him wrong. His ability to be a set piece was his strength.

At first, he wasnt a character, but a catalyst for plots. When he needed to he, he was in focus and when he wasnt needed he could go in the background. For better or worse, Chloe and Sparky has a much bigger impact on the dynamics of the main cast. With Poof, the show didn't change much.

>tried watching one of the newer episodes
>animation is now moving mouths on unmoving heads and bodies

How did it get this bad and why does anyone still watch this?

>this episode is 16 years old

no fucking w-

WHAT THE FUUUUUCK

What? If anything since they moved to flash the characters move around too much. They're fidgety and it's distracting.

The last episode I gave a chance was the recent Chloe vs Vicky one, and they fucked up Vickys character so hard I resigned to the fact that this show will never produce a good episode again and is no longer worth watching even put of boredom.

I kinda want to see a story now where Tootie and Sanjay team up to make Timmy theirs

and yes it'd get lewd

No, the animation is more fluid now, not less fluid.

This guy is right, they move too much. Way off base with Vicky though, her personality in that episode is the same one she's had since probably season 2.

At least pretend you've actually seen the new animation instead of just saying random stuff

>Fairly Oddparents can now legally have sex

I didn't watched the "return from grave seasons" (6-present) are those wood or good?

The problem was that he was JUST a set piece. Like I'm glad he wasn't forced into every plot and taking up all the attention (like Chloe), but he wasn't used as much as he could have been, and that would have been better for Timmy's character in the long run.

bump

nah, MrEnter hates the show because he vents his own sexual frustrations on it
>MEN AREN'T ALL JERKS AND WOMEN AREN'T ALL NAGS! I'M A NICE GUY PLS DATE ME!

He's what I imagine everyone here sounds like

bump

bumping with cute

6 to 8 is good. 9 is shit. 10 is polarizing

I think they eventually started using him well. I think it was a mistake to make him not be in S10 when things were getting good with him
I actually miss Spellementary School episodes

bump

I always love FoP threads

For those following the Sup Forums cartoon tourney, have you noticed the guy autistically screeching in every single one of their threads about FOP making it as far as the third round and seems adamant that "Sup Forums doesn't like this cartoon!" ?

I know that most of you hate the older seasons, but there seems to be some historical revisionism going on by this faggot that the older seasons weren't that good either.

Sup Forums doesnt hate FoP, but FoP threads have always had a hard time here as a lot of people REALLY hate Nick shows and their fans, and FoP is at the centre of that hate. People who have been here longer may be able to give you a better idea.

I havent been following that since I'm not really interested, but I'd totally love to see how many shows get BTFO by ones I like

FoP actually made it further than Steven Universe, Loud House, Adventure Time, and a few other powerhouses did.

Granted, it faced two mediocre cartoons on the way to victory and seems to be losing to Duck Dodgers (albeit the voting is close). I'm actually surprised FOP even made it that far.

I think that guy is mad because his FOP hate meme got exposed as being pushed by only a few people. Like this motherfucker is writing essay length posts about why FOP shouldn't have advanced as far as it did. Even the SUfags weren't this autistic about losing.

Cant say I'm not happy about it beating Adventure Time, that show burned me harder than FoP did. I actually came back to this when I heard the new season was better, but fuck AT, I have zero interest in ever going back

Surprised any of those shows lost so fast though. Though SU fans dont seem happy with the new season which must have hurt it.

Either way, yeah, it was always clear it was a meme. It's why most FoP threads are bitching about the show for the first 20 or so comments but by the end it's either waifuposting, discussion or episode conversations.

Adventure Time lost to Billy and Mandy, not FOP. Steven Universe lost to MLaaTR. TLH almost lost to the wild fucking thornberries but it managed to survive and got beat by South Park. FOP beat Daria and Bob's Burgers but is losing by about 25 votes to Duck Dodgers.

I think the thread is amusing because so many people are just taking it way too seriously.

>Either way, yeah, it was always clear it was a meme. It's why most FoP threads are bitching about the show for the first 20 or so comments but by the end it's either waifuposting, discussion or episode conversations.
I think most people do have legitimate complaints about the new seasons. They aren't that good. They're full of flaws and even though I know some people here like Chloe, she didn't really add much to the show besides further revulsion. Saying the show was never good or popular though shows how clueless some people on this board are.

>I think most people do have legitimate complaints about the new seasons.
Oh totally, but the real discussions come later, the beginning of the threads are usually meme spouters who come in to say the threads shouldnt be on Sup Forums or bumping it to say nobody should bump it, that sort of thing.

I will say Chloe definitely affected the show positively, but in the end that's just an opinion.

>sexual insecurities
>PLEASE DATE ME
>muh asexuality

Makes sense

I feel that Chloe just became another plot device for Timmy making wishes. Instead of having to go through the trouble of "Why would Timmy ever wish for something like this", they add a character with a different ideal to essentially cut out the part where Timmy gets convinced he needs to make such a wish by having her make it directly instead. I'm not saying its a bad idea, but like so many other things in the newer seasons, it was handled rather lazily. I admit I only watched maybe a handful of episodes (the first few that Chloe was in, the one where she became a MILF, the one where she fought Vicky, and the one where Tootie had a cameo), but nothing about Chloe really sold the show as improving to me. If anything, many of the problems that the last few seasons had were not only not addressed but actually got worse.

You're looking at her as how she affects Timmy, but it's not about that. Her making wishes isnt supposed to be related to Timmy, but just relates her. She's positioned as a second main character, rather than a sidekick like Darwin in Gumball or Clyde in LH.

It's indeed about adding plots by making a character to make wishes Timmy wouldn't, but they do this by having her be a different character with a different personality and problems.

Plus it gives Timmy another kid to bounce off of since S9 had Timmy talking with nobody but creepy adults

>She's positioned as a second main character, rather than a sidekick like Darwin in Gumball or Clyde in LH.
Which isn't needed because this isn't that type of show

>Plus it gives Timmy another kid to bounce off of since S9 had Timmy talking with nobody but creepy adults
Any of Timmy's previous friends filled that role just fine.

Something being needed is different from something that works. Toy Story 2 and 3 werent needed. Half the villains in the show werent needed, but doesnt stop Dark Laser or Norm from being great.

>Any of Timmy's previous friends filled that role just fine.
But if they arent gonna come back I'd much rather they make a new person than have him hang out with nobody but Catman and Mr Turner again like last season.

And FoP has been an ensemble show since probably Season 4. This isnt particularly surprising.

>You're looking at her as how she affects Timmy, but it's not about that. Her making wishes isnt supposed to be related to Timmy, but just relates her. She's positioned as a second main character, rather than a sidekick like Darwin in Gumball or Clyde in LH.
Well, this has always been a show about Timmy, Cosmo, and Wanda. Having a new character come in and turn him into a second fiddle just seems uncalled for.

>It's indeed about adding plots by making a character to make wishes Timmy wouldn't, but they do this by having her be a different character with a different personality and problems.
>Plus it gives Timmy another kid to bounce off of since S9 had Timmy talking with nobody but creepy adults
Last time I checked, characters like Tootie, Trixie, Chester, and AJ were available.

Butch Hartman likes to create, but not maintain. Kind of like the crummy landlord that keeps the property he lives in fixed up but rents out a bunch of crackhouses.

>Well, this has always been a show about Timmy, Cosmo, and Wanda.
Exactly. It's always about the main cast in equal numbers. So if someone new gets added to the cast, the philosophy of the show will kick in and they'll appear just as much as the other main characters.

Trixie is like Poof, she's a plot starter, not a character, she really shouldnt be comparable to Chester, AJ and Tootie.

>Trixie is like Poof, she's a plot starter, not a character, she really shouldnt be comparable to Chester, AJ and Tootie.
I don't know. Some people argue she had a hint of personality in the episode about her birthday where Timmy became Timantha. Honestly, while I believe Timmy getting with Tootie was the patrician choice, I won't argue against Trixie being developed in her own way either, she had a few moments where she acted independently of Timmy's crush on her such as the Wonder Gal thing.

bump

Little Chloes Mom is cute!