Mortal Engines, the Peter Jackson movie

youtube.com/watch?v=fupYIggOq38
Anyone else kind of interested in this? It's a new Peter Jackson movie (saga?) adapted from some children books. Aesthetic look kind of interesting so I checked the setting.

>The book is set in a post-apocalyptic world, ravaged by a "Sixty Minute War", which caused massive geological upheaval. To escape the earthquakes, volcanoes, and other instabilities, a Nomad leader called Nikola Quercus installed huge engines and wheels on London, and enabled it to dismantle (or eat) other cities for resources. The technology rapidly spread, and evolved into what is known as "Municipal Darwinism". Although the planet has since become stable, Municipal Darwinism has spread to most of the world except for Asia and parts of Africa. Much technological and scientific knowledge was lost during the war. Because scientific progress has almost completely halted, "Old Tech" is highly prized and recovered by scavengers and archaeologists. Europe, some of Asia, North Africa, Antarctica, and the Arctic are dominated by Traction Cities, whereas North America was so ravaged by the war that it is often identified as "the dead continent", and the rest of the world is the stronghold of the Anti-Traction League, which seeks to keep cities from moving and thus stop the intense consumption of the planet's remaining resources.

It sounds extremely dumb but kind of interesting at the same time, if only because it's so ludicrous. Do you think Jackson has the potential to make this more than a flick for kids?

Hahahahahahah

*Christian Rivers movie

But I don't think they got the dimensions right, for example that little bump at 1:15 would kill everyone on there

Had me until the "anti-traction league". Seems uninspired.

Let me give you the real talk faggots. The books are a the best young adult fiction of the 21st century. This film will be forgettable crap. they've already watered down hesters scar. the rest will be totally shit. screencap this and dubs

You didn't get repeating numbers so in spite of your valid point I'm going to hold out hope that it won't be shit.

The book itself was a quite hamfisted criticism ever expanding cities in the age of urbanisation. Can't image the movie being any good.

loved these books when i was a kid, hope they don't fuck it up

I just want the Tintin kino desu

sounds like my japanese animes
cant wait to see this kińó

Fuck me, i just want to get the new Tintin movie already.
The first one was the closest thing i ever got from Prime Indiana Jones.

I completely forgot about the Tintin movie, pretty good tho

Just watch Tailenders instead. It's a cool anime with top-tier waifu.

Good thing she had those binoculars, otherwise she wouldn't have known that fucking city on wheels was coming up behind them...

what are shock absorbers?

It was pretty well done for fully CGI film, but it still was kinda uncanny

fpbp

premise looks retarded.

Did he have a decade for pre-production?

shock absorbers?

She's using it to see WHICH city it is.

>It sounds extremely dumb

You're dumb!