Hey there fellow Sup Forumsmrades

Hey there fellow Sup Forumsmrades

In case anybody who might be interested missed it, here's a link to a nice collected edition of what is probably the best HPL-inspired piece of fiction and one of Alan "Da Wiz" Moore's best works in recent memory, all wrapped up as a hardcover slipcase set, including a ton of extra material and an artbook by Jacen Burrows:

kickstarter.com/projects/avatarpress/providence-the-art-book-and-complete-slipcase-set

So empty your pockets and enjoy the latest Avatar Press's agonizing howl of pain.

Less than 72 hours for the apocalypse, lads. Have at it.
ṳ̼̳̼͍̼̬̅̓́b̪͎̎ͣ̅̇͋̈́͞ɐ̴̲͇̭̙̿̈ͤͬͧ̋ʇ̺̱̺͙̹̯͚͒̓̍ͦ̓̽ɥ̶̷̪̮̥͕͍̜̖̏̓̂͆̋ͅɟ̛̻̖̱͕͉͖̇ͯͨ͊̎̆̎̉͜͠ ̷͉̥̟͔̯͖̳̊̐́ͦͩͭ̂̕ן͖͚͖̽̓ͦͤ̎ͪ͛b̷̟͔̙͚̙̂ͣ͂̓͜ɐ̡̘͎̯̘̰͇̓̑̽̀͘ũ̷̡͖͔̜͍̭͙͇̰̓̑̾͌̿ͨ̿͠ͅ´̞̳̗̯̗̰͑ͪͮ̃̃͛͆́̀ɥ̼̹̯̤̜̙̭ͬ̈́ͅɐ̴̺̼̻͙̲̼̰̈̅̿͛͞͝ͅb̞̠̖̈ͦ̎ͯ̈ͪʍ͎͙̬̻̼̼͓ͣ̽̉̾̑͆̚ ̻̋͊͗͢ɥ̧̤̣͖̟ͧ͑ͯ̆̚ǝ̦̹͋͊͂͝ʎ̵̛̘̬̜͕̳̱̭̪ͦ̄̒ͣ́̚ן̘̱ͣ͂̾̉̌ͮ´̢̲͕̞̘ͤͯ͛ͧͤ͜ɹ̵̧̧̤̦̹͚̬̻̭͊̐͗ͤͮͅ ͍̝͓̋̽̽͜ͅn̮̱̟̹ͮ̔ͣ̽̀͡͞ɥ̷̮̰͓̉͒ͩן̡̖͖͇͔̟̼̻͓̽ͧͣṇ̣̰̝̺̘̰̉̄ͯ̐̚͘ɥ̶̪̰̹͚̆̿̒͠ʇ͙̟͇̘̐̾͊ͩͦɔ̵̧̠̹̝͕̜̬͌̋͌̌̓ ͙̯̻̪̞̻̳͌ɥ̫̰̱̩̌͂̊̀͘ɟ̰̮̳̜͔̟̃̍ͬ͌ͤͬͯ͆ɐ̩̺̞̥͖̙ͨͦͯ̄̓̇ͪu̸̟͔̜͚͒͗͐̓͊̽̒ͫ´̶̷̞̖̳̤̙̘̬̓̔ͪ͂ͦͬ̚ʍ̹̖͉̖̫̖́͋̄̄͠ן̣͇̘͓̟̗̪͖̘ͫ̿ͩ͒͑̊͟b̸̡̤͙͓̭̬͖ͣͣ̄̆̈̏͝ɯ̡̪̭̊̔̉̊̈́ͮ̉̀ ̯̭̩̜͒ͣ̇͆ͬ̿ͣ͟͟ı̰̬̊͊̆̑̑̉ͧ͢ṋ̥̠̮̹͎̑̒̌ͯͪ́̽͑͐͜͠ן̶͖̩̼̹̤͈͚̟͂̿͋̚b̴̸͚͓̼͕̤͚̰̖ͨͪ̊̎̋ư̴̦͈͚͇͍̞ͣͣ´̷̹̲͔͎͚̜̰̤̏͆͗ͤͫͅɥ̢͚ͭ̊̊̂̂̈͢͡d̷͍̥̯̣̜̜̘ͮͬ͌̃̎͆ͬ̇̀͝

bumpo!

And it wouldn't be an Alan Moore story without a rape scene.

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORK

Are they really not collecting them in regular trades?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

They've explicitly said that these will be the only hardcovers.
They said the same thing about Neonomicon's HC way back when and that HC is only available through their online store.
And honestly their online store still has that and the first edition Act 1 cover in stock. So the only real thing the kickstarter is good for is pre-ordering the art book.

Getting the slipcase kinda screws you over if you actually want to collect editions that fit together.

in my case it's a godsend since I don't own any physical Alan Moore HPL works

Then yeah, it's an easy way to get them all in one go.

I just felt it was more economical to get the individual parts cause they're still offering them online. But that's purely from a collecting stand point. And I find it strange that they're offering only the variant cover of the First Edition with Wilbur Whately if they still have the first cover still in stock. At that reward level...it's kind of a cop out.

scared to ask... how much is it?

The full slipcase set is 129, but that's domestic. It's 129 + additional shipping outside of the U.S.

The artbook is the only original component and you can get that at it's own level of $29

>people bothered to spend 300+ and 600+ for this

>they're already out of stock for those reward tiers

>mfw

how much fucking money do you shitheads have??

Why would I pay for an artbook for this mediocre artist?

still have no idea what the fuck I read. at least in neonomicon I understood what was going on, providence up'ed everything to 11

Burrows' work has been mediocre in most of his stuff...but his work in Providence has been amazing. And has really made him one of the best Lovecraft artists.

I really hope people only paid those for the Alan Moore signatures. Because it's kinda insane if they didn't.

Should I buy this or just buy 2 and 3 when they are out?

I once found a signed Moore book but I had no money left since I bought Pug Davis.

Get Moore's cock out of your mouth. The writing is top notch, the art is mediocre.

That scene was weird.

I mean what with the body swapping and everything, Im left thinking. WTF who raped whom just now?

It was confusing.

Depends. If you don't have the original first act cover, then getting everything from their online store (which has everything in stock so far) would make the box set a few bucks cheaper.

If you do, then yeah I'd wait for the Act 2 and 3 HC's to come out. You'd only be able to get the artbook from this kickstarter though, so doing the $29 reward level is pretty much just pre-ordering it.

>Get Moore's cock out of your mouth. The writing is top notch

That's kind of an oxymoron.

Nah, you overrate the art just because it was accompanied by Moore's writing. The art is mediocre.

>That's kind of an oxymoron.

is rebirth going to reintegrate all pre-flashpoint batman stories? because that means catwomans gonna be a milf again batman is going to be a cuck again

I own the final printing edition. I don't own Neonomicon anyway. Was a small killing if anybody asks (was in the $5 bit in a stall until I got told it was misplaced).

Nah, I find the visual aspects of the art, from character design and fidelity to Lovecraft's own descriptions, as incredibly well done. Especially the latter - despite not being very "flashy" Burrow's has done a fantastic rendition of Lovecraft's characters.

Innsmouth, the Witch-House, the blighted land of the Colour out of Space (which drew from Lovecraft's own DOODLE of the story) are all great examples of this.

You might not like Burrows' art style, but he's top form here.

Ah, well, that's the edition offered in the slipcase. So, you're not really gaining anything and they still have the first edition Neoncomicon HC cover on their online store if you want it.

wtf someone at my lcs told me he's getting issue 11 for like $50 on Wednesday
I don't understand this world

Alt cover

The evil wiz0rd raped Elspeth by swapping bodies with Robert.

It's certainly interesting, But I can't help but think how much the international shipping would cost me.

the shipping cost is automatically added to the pledge when you select your country
since you don't pay until the campaign is done, try pledging for the 129 $ tier and then cancel if the shipping costs are too much for you

Mine went up to 186$ for ordering from Spain

Well now I know exactly how much shipping'd cost me, thanks user.

While the 57$ fee is roughly what I'd have expected, it still hurts. I'll sit out on this one I'm afraid.

he technically raped Robert too

thought about dropping it myself but I've been saving for this the last week and a half collecting friends debts like a stinking jdebt collector
worth it. Don't know if you'll manage that in 3 days tho. I really hope you can, user.
Still, if you're spanish too then we can meet and share

Compartir es vivir :D

yeah, realised that after writing the post. The thing is I think his main goal was raping Elspie via Bob

>The thing is I think his main goal was raping Elspie via Bob

Nah, his main goal was raping Bob('s soul) via Elspeth's body.
Elspeth doesn't exist anymore. She'd dead. Etienne (the wizard) wanted to "impress" and maybe bless Robert with the raping.

it would be really sweet if we got to the 115,000$ stretch-goal, although I doubt we will.

>tfw even more monsters and gods

Honestly the first stretch goal shouldn't have even been a stretch goal. You'd imagine an art book would've already had character pages.

I'm holding out slim hope for the Aklo Book plate because it's actual swag.

the last 48h of a kickstarter are usually really good since undecided people who can afford the thing go for it. I'm more or less confident we'll get the aklo plate
If this thread is alive tomorrow, other interested Sup Forumstards might join in

Well, one will probably be made if not.
Also, since all of the three first edition covers for the Providence Acts 1-3 HCs have been released - we can finally see Burrows' triptych.

>Burrows draws C'thulhu with two angry eyes instead of going for the 6 alien indifferent eyes

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

forgot pic

...EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

That's a pretty disappointing sketch after pretty okay Cthulhu representations in the covers.
Especially the angry furrowed brow.

Still, I think revealing that his pupils are rectangular was a stroke of genius in the final issue. Especially given the panel layout and the curvy/straight border motifs.

yeah. baby Cthulhu was great because we couldn't actually see most of him, so I could pictured the three eyes being like that in my mind.

However Burrows has always drawn casual angry cthulhu. from the very beginning. it makes me really mad

now that I took a closer look. what a poor R'lyeh, man...
This spread is lazy as fuck designwise

All of Neonomicon's variant spreads are lazy as shit.
>bunch of Deep Ones
>some stone structures
>giant spider

They're just bland ass "spooky imagery".
And it really shows how much work was put into Providence that I can;t think of one of it's variant spreads that wasn't at least thought out. The Dreamscape ones in particular are great.

I checked out neonomicon from the library recently after owning act 1 for a while and waiting for the next one. I was surprised by the difference in quality, other than the aklo scene it seemed pretty generic. I'm curious how well this is going to tie together by the time act 3 comes out and i get to read it.

They have the first one for sale on amazon in HC

I don't get it.
What's the symbolysm behind his pupils being rectangular?

The panels, since Neonomicon at least, not in Courtyard or the Yuggoth Cultures story, have been wide rectangles, usually 4 per page, and have had a tendency to sharpen and focus its borders whenever Mythos stuff becomes apparent.

In Providence it's revealed that Cthulhu is dreaming all of this up as a way to pave the way for his birth, and looking his pupils being long rectangles means that - the panels are his way of seeing our world.

holy shit. I'm not the user who asked, but I was curious too and when investigating the annotations website, I didn't get anything from that page's specific layout
I guess I could see that the eye (which by the way is a totally normal octopus's eye) resembled the panels' shape, but that thing you said about panel-stretching being recurrent in the narrative went totally unnoticed by me.

do you have any other pages when it happens?

It's not in that's page because at that point Earth is in the dreamlands.

It happens very bluntly though so here are a few where you'll notice. Neonomicon #3, when Brears has the dream about Johnny. Providence #4, when we see Yog-Sothoth, and Providence #5, whenever we get panels looking in from the outside of the Witch House. There's not really any "mid page" transitions so look at the pages before and compare.

I thee you've really been paying attenthion, user.

Thankth.

bampu

this post is making me unconfortable