The episode that's essentially a clip show has some of the best art direction in the series

>the episode that's essentially a clip show has some of the best art direction in the series

>That OP that doesn't understand a cartoon so he has to start a thread just to bitch about it

Not bitching, just commenting.

Everything except the rave was perfect. I've already stated why i hated the new ravers.

State it again, I must have missed your post user.

The original episode where Jack saves the ravers from the evil DJ was based on the rave culture of the mid to.late 90's and early 2000's. Back then the music was Hardcore/Hardstyle which i am still a huge fan. Cut to the new rave scene where it's based on Modern EDM which imo is complete and utter shite. Now then, have some Jashi fan art that the cast and crew actually support

The music sounded basically the same. The vocals completely killed that scene, though.

Vocals kill good EDM. But then again, I'm a child of the early 90's so its just more of a personal preference. Other than that i loved the episode

I never liked the original episode so a callback just was the worst.

Again, hardcore/hardstyle isn't everyone's cup of tea.

but have you asked yourself why?

well it had been 50 years

music is bound to change

also the years were kind to olivia

Obviously its for a discussion.

I agree that music changes. And there are bound to be highs and lows. As for her yes she aged well.

I really enjoyed the music, why can't people enjoy happy stuff?

my only complain with this episode is that it was ashy going through the people jack helped instead of jack going through the people jack helped

Personal preference to hard edm with emphasis on hard drugs in my case.

Jack had snapped in the previous episode after thinking he failed to save children that were being controlled. Ashi literally saves him from suicide while reminding him of all the good he's done including saving her from her cult's toxic dogma.

>my only complain with this episode is that it was ashy going through the people jack helped instead of jack going through the people jack helped
Why would he do that? I would just remind him he failed. Ashi helped him show how he affected the work from the perspective a a lost soul.

To delve in deeper, she is his antithesis. She was trained for years to kill him the same as Jack trained to kill Aku. And you know what they say about opposites

>they attract

It's a better story if jack gets to see how much he helped people by revisiting them than have a character that only existed of five episodes and we have very little investment in do it for him
The moment ashy said I have seen how much you have helped others I wanted to then off the TV, why was ashy part of this episode?

If you removed Ashi and had the people jack helped help jack it's a makes a better story

Because people who watched the show for a long time are more likely to have an emotional attachment to these returning characters and jack than Ashi and it would have been pretty emotional to see jack being confronted by all the good he did
Plus it makes more sense and it would have made a bigger impact on jack to be told he did good by the people he saved
Ashi only makes this episode worse, unless you are a shipper or a waifufag or you don't have any idea who these characters were because you never watched the original show, then it doesn't matter

Time travel plots are basically universally ducking stupid no matter what. TIME is not a thing or a place, it's an idea, and you cannot move to different points on an idea.

It was a full rebirth for Ashi. She was baptized in fire (literally) as a child and when she scrubs off the soot and ash (yes she was naked the whole time) after bathing in a Eden-esqe spring symbolizes her rebirth and embracing hope and optimism.

Ashi dancing along and smiling redeemed that scene for me.

The very opening of the show has him save somebody and then immediately leave before they get to thank him.

The entire point of his character arc is that he was too far gone in despair to acknowledge that he can help people. He needed someone else to show him that.

As a viewer of the first 4 seasons, i can confirm that you are absolutely full of sanctimony and bullshit.

Ok her smiling did make her even cuter

>"Ashi episode"
>but actually the show sucking Jack's cock
>the woolies
> all the Easter eggs like Zorak and Astro
>Scaramouch is back
>funniest episode since Jack's Fairy Tales
>The Archers basically saying they're game for the final battle
>Scaramouch shenanigans
>The Ravers with a bunch of cool new designs
>A FUCKING SONG AND DANCE NUMBER WITH AWESOME SAMURAI FIGHTING AND INCORPORATING HIS DANCE MOVES
>Ashi being a cute throughout especially when she discovers dancing
>it turns out she was naked the whole time which makes so many scenes hotter in retrospect (especially the needle plucking)
>accomplishes this while simultaneously making the cult horrifying with the child abuse
>Ashi finally goes full doki-doki for Jack's magic sword
>sheds off her body paint and we get some tasteful lewd
>very cute new outfit and haircut
>the Sa-moo-rai actually shows up, with awesome Superfly flashback scenes
>we even get Demongo because why the fuck not
>Jack un-JUSTS himself
>the absolute madman still fits in a fight at the end
>actually going to find his sword

All this great stuff, yet Sup Forums STILL finds a way to bitch loudly.

First positive post about this episode ive seen on this board

from 8 to 10 how perfect is ashi?

so ashi was in this episode because ashi is the protagonist of the show?

You have a very selective blindness if that's the case.

Most is just Ashi-bashing

Off the chart senpai

We had 3 different Ashi waifuing threads yesterday.

Ashi gets progressively more perfect with every episode.

this
the episode about jack being confronted by his demons focused entirely on a secondary character that has existed for 5 episodes and never did anything for the plot or anything that justifys her existance after she stoped trying to kill the samurai except saving him at the end and making everything about her in the tackiest way possibe
9/10 needed more ashi

I think i was part of one that hit 500 replies

The episode didn't focus on Ashi. It was all about Jack and his effect on the world.

Even her transformation scene served the important purpose of being proof that she was capable of becoming a better person. Which was the turning argument that helped free Jack of his dispair.

Also, Tale of X9 and the Princess and the Bounty Hunters called and said you were a faggot.

Why did you have to bring up the Sin City and Star Wars episodes?

it featured jacks for a whole minute and he said two words
the entire ark about suicide ack ended up bein just a shitty plot device to redeem a shitty character
seeing as there are only 3 shitty episodes left i will watch the end of samurai jack but this is the last time i ever give any attention to a reboot, kickstarter or anything like that
Its clear genndy didnt really want to revisit the show to give it a conclusion but to write an entirely new show about his character shi featuring samurai jack from the 2004 show
i guess you can say im done trying to get to the past

Well honestly, HONESTLY, where did you want the suicide plot to go? We all knew Ashi will save jack from sudoku.

Most people disagree with you. The new Jack has won over most fans and is a ratings sucess.

If it isn't your cup of tea, maybe stop watching/posting about it?

>but this is the last time i ever give any attention to a reboot, kickstarter or anything like that
It's a good thing it's literally none of those things.

>Its clear genndy didnt really want to revisit the show to give it a conclusion
Now you're just talking out of your ass and being a little bitch because Gennedy didn't do exactly what you wanted him to do.

Don't know you just come off like a bitch-nigga in search of an argument.

The Negative Nancies are awake

7 episodes in and so far it has been entirely about ashi

List the episodes or get rekt

Stop trolling.

funny how the """dedicated real fans""" are always 6 times more toxic

not an argument

Stay mad faggot

>Most people disagree with you
*the 4 people in this thread right now disagree with you*

Neither is just throwing out false claims like an ape flinging shit

i didnt really speculate over it, i wanted to be surprised
The really cool horseman that haunted jack ended up being completely boring, at the end we dont really see jack do much at all, he sçjust sits and lets ashi do all the talking until the very end,
So far this is the worst writing in season 5 and pretty bad writing for the show as a whole

>bad writing

You don't have any actual arguments why it's badly written, just opinions.

>false claims are flase because i say so

>*the 4 people in this thread right now disagree with you*
Implying your anecdotal evidence is proof

They're false because they're literally false.

How can you honestly make the argument that the season so far has been entirely about Ashi?

i do, thanks for asking
Ashi is a mary sue
the only reason ashi is part of the show is to develop ashis ark, jack isnt better because ashi is there, the show isnt better because ashi is there
the show is better because jack is part of the show, and aku and the scotsman
when a show is better without a character its a bad character, when you focus a show on a bad character its korra

thats what you are doing
you claim becuase every single one of the 4 posters here disagree with me it means everyone disagres with me

>This character is bad because she's bad.

Those are still not arguments. Those are just more opinions.

To be fair the song was clearly going for an emotional approach, and it's kinda hard to achieve that through the usual hardcore style.

>I have arguments
>Proceeds to post opinions.

...Okay?

>When you know a post is bait but you still want to reply because this fuck is an expert at this shit and really grinded your gears.

Still had to throw on a recording of The Prophet at Defcon. Interestingly Ashi's dance was even sexier to it

episode 1 jack fights a cool new vilain like he does al the time while we get a little bit of exposition to set up this season
>meanwhile we are presented with all the backstory of ashi
episode two ashi and her sisters haunt down the samurai
episode three ashi is the only surviving one of the group
episode 4 jack literally carries ashi through an entire fish world, trying to fix her (mary sue) ashi refuses to listen to him and makes his life impossible (pretty good marriage analogy)
episode 5 ashi is confronted with the truth and saves someone for the first time, jack decides to kill himself
episode 6 ashi travels the world, seeing how good jack was and then ashi saves jack (mega mary sue)

the character is bad because she is a mary sue and she is the protagonist of the show 5 seasons in, 5 fucking episodes in

I loved the music during this scene.

>she is a mary sue and she is the protagonist of the show

Not an argument.

>episode one Jack fights-

STOP

Wasn't entirely about Ashi huh?

you will never agree with me no matter what i say because for some reason (i have some good ideas) you have decided that season five samurai jack must be perfect nomatter what
you are the literal caricature of an obsessed fat fanboy like in freakazoid, this is youtube comment section tire of conversation

>mary sue
You keep using that word...

Jack is wayyy more of a Mary Sue. But hell I'm going to run them both through the test for fun.

>literal argument
not an argument
jack had the b plot, the fight didnt advance jacks story at all

secondary antagonist turned deuteragonist

>Ashi appears in all episodes
>Thus the season is entirely about her.

Ashi is basically a faceless enemy for Jack to fight for the first 3 episodes, other than the backstory clips in episode 1.

sorry but the chraracter that highjacked an entire show 5 seasons and 15 years into it is the bigger mary sue

I can't agree with you because I see no arguments that lets me understand why you believe the things you believe.

Saying "Ashi is a mary sue" is not an argument, it's a statement. Arguments are those pesky things that explain why your statement is correct.

That's Aku

all episodes focus on her hence she is the protagonist of the show
how many other characters had this level of protagonism in samurai jack before excluding jack?
this is episode 7 all over again

Great, another Ashi-bashing thread. I'm out

>This character is a mary sue!
>I'm not going to explain why, though.

you're just letting all the jack lamenting scenes out to state a point. it is still false

>I can't agree with you because I
you cant agree with me because you dont want to

Look I know Samurai Jack S5 has its hiccups, but longtime viewers need closure and action-adventure cartoons don't usually give out that luxury.
So stop bitching!

It's hard to want to agree with you when you're an obstinate retard who doesn't know what an argument is.

because it all build up to my cool new waifu ashi saving the samurai
jack being confronted with failure and suicide wasnt about jack at all, it was about ashi getting a chance to redeem herself
a literal kick in the nuts for fans

>im a cunt who gets pissy because i dont have mod privileges and no matter how much i mash the report button i cant get someone banned for not liking my waifu

Ashi is not a mary sue, Ashi cannot do anything, Ashi has flaws, it was never about Ashi, the entire season has so far focused on Jack, you are just a lame troll desperate for attention, shitting on a popular show because it's always trendy to shit on anything popular

The next episode is literally Jack confronting his demons

STOP MAKING SHIT UP FUCK

>ashi being redeemed wasnt about ashi at all, it was about jack getting a chance to confront failure and suicide

Fix'd.

>I know it's shit but shit is better than nothing!
SJfags everyone

Literally this.

If you thought the last episode wasn't almost completely about Jack, you are too stupid to understand a cartoon.

You just outed yourself, SUfag detected.

>7 episodes in

Wanna know how I know you're full of shit?

>my waifu ashi has flaws, she is too perfect and sexy for her own good
dobut
except ashi did that for him

Put your trip back on so I can filter you

its funny how much steven universe fanfom resembles an abusive codependant relationship
thank god samurai jack revival is only 10 episodes long or else we would degenerate into the same thing fast, i mean we are halfway there

You are not putting forth any sort of argument as to why you feel the way you do about Ashi and the entirety of Season Five. All you are saying is "I HAET IT" like you're Anakin Skywalker on fire. We understand that you do not like the character you probably think of as "Samurai Gash"; if you could explain why, maybe you would actually change someone's mind - or make yourself receptive to an argument in favor of Ashi's existence and her role in Jack's story.

Or you could keep whining about how the evil FEMALE is ruining your MANLY MAN SHOW and see where that gets you.