Unjustifiably hated ships thread

Why does Sup Forums hate BBRae so much?

Because Beast Boy himself is the worst charcter in the show.

>character makes silly jokes
>otherwise a totally competent team member
>becomes the fucking leader in the finale and saves the world
>worst character
Never change, Sup Forums, never change.

Not exactly Sup Forums but a lot of places hate Stevidot.

All SU ships deserve hate because of the show itself. If you're so invested in that shit that you actually ship someone from it you probably need help.

>Cynical and grouchy girl with goth-aesthetics
>OH I KNOW LET'S PAIR HER WITH THE FUNNY OUTGOING GUY
I'll take "Shit that would never happen" for $600.

>bbrae = old and busted
>ravian = new hotness

I just like shota x loli

That thing is supposed to be Raven?
And fuck the noob character, if he wasn't in the ORIGINAL show I don't give a flying fuck about him.

Green and purple

>obnoxious jokes: the character character
>mistaking a comedic foil for a romantic interest
>force this ship as hard as possible
You need to learn what "unjustifiable" means.

Raven was made for Robin's penises. In the original comics she was all over Dick Grayson.

It doesn't?
Tons of people on here like it.
Also tons of people don't.
It's called having an opinion.

Raven and Jinx. Raven is a total lesbo.

Starfire and Robin seems like a no brainer.

Beastboy is shit and deserves no one.

Beast Boy was fine in TT. You guys need to stop thinking about Teen Titans GoFuckYourself

Look at this fucking autistic motherfucker , can't get a date so he thinks no one can.

Beastboy's now gay for Kevin Smith.

This is false, Raven only has platonic feelings for Dick.

I can respect that, what I can't respect is this shit It's not beast boy's fault the writers couldn't write a joke to save their lives.

People who have platonic feelings for others don't have forced dream sex with them.

Raven is an emotional retard.

I will never understand the hate this pairing gets

>Pot calling the kettle a nigger

>Raven is a total lesbo.
>who are Aqualad, Malchior, Goth Guy

If anything Raven has major daddy issues.

Try to sum up everything wrong in Raven's head, fun challenge.

Ironically, BB got the most play in the show of anyone, since he actually got a fucking date. All we saw of RobStar was a kiss, after all, and we didn't get to actually see the Flinx relationship.

I wonder how you're supposed to read Raven's dialogue bubbles.

>unfunny jokes
>grating dialogue
>no chemistry with brooding introvert but they're forced together anyway
But you're right at least Beast Boy isn't as bad as Ron Stoppable

>It's not beast boy's fault the writers couldn't write a joke to save their lives.
Doesn't matter. The end result is whatever the writers wrote.

>unfunny jokes
That's just like, your opinion, man.
>grating dialogue
What?
>no chemistry with brooding introvert but they're forced together anyway
Dude, rewatch the scene in the movie, when she literally calls BB out on why girls "wouldn't like him". Newsflash: no girl would do that unless she's attracted to the guy.
>But you're right at least Beast Boy isn't as bad as Ron Stoppable
Now here's something we can agree on, even though I still think KP is one of the best cartoons of all time.

>unfunny jokes
Humor is subjective.

If you hate the writing so much user then why are you even a fan? Cause you cannot have this much a problem with beast boy and still enjoy the show.

>loli
Which Peridot fucking isn't.

>What?
"Yo" and "Mama" sprinkling every sentence was cringe-worthy.
>Newsflash: no girl would do that unless she's attracted to the guy.
Which is exactly why I said they're forced together.
They're two characters without any shared interests, and completely dissimilar personality types but the writers said "Well, opposites attract." despite this being plainly untrue.

I'm not a fan. But for whatever reason I watched the show anyway so my view is as valid as any.

Yes I'm aware that there are people that watch Dane Cook Pewdiepie and Daddyofive and think it's hilarious.

>"Yo" and "Mama" sprinkling every sentence was cringe-worthy.
Good thing that wasn't remotely the case, then.
>Which is exactly why I said they're forced together.
But it wasn't remotely OOC. If it were written OOC you'd have a point.

I don't even think beast boy was supposed to make you laugh, him telling jokes was just part of his character.

>my view is valid as any
Who the fuck told you that?

You're like a superneckbeard. Where do you hail from

Says the tripfag.

Its not a matter of being in character or not its a matter of establishing a half decent foundation for a good relationship. A bookish nerd girl might want to go out with an obnoxious chad but that doesn't mean the relationship is set to last in the long run or even be a good one while it does.

>you're only allowed to speak if you agree with me
Fuck off

Beastboy is fucking garbage

You're assuming they don't both change as they mature though. Remember, they're TEEN titans. And even season 5 already showed them growing up quite a bit, especially in Beast Boy's case.

What is Starfire and Robin's shared interest?

That's cause I'm not a headcanon having faggot. And even if I were if I didn't like them together in the show then they obviously they wouldn't be together in my imagination.

Sex.

She fits the bill. Shortstack, whatever.

But you're ignoring the on-screen character development...

Starfire was very empathetic and was the particularly emotionally supportive of Robin whenever he needed it.
Also they're both horndogs they.

Because the basic nature of their relationship never developed once. That being 'friends who barely tolerated eachother'.

L-lewd!

But Starfire approves.

And that brings us back to Their feelings are beside the point. I don't care what feelings they had because the writers didn't convince me it was a viable relationship.

Again, the scene I mentioned alone doesn't support your theory, and there are plenty more like that. They pretended not to tolerate each other to hide their feelings, especially on Raven's side.

You're using circular logic now.

>the writers didn't convince me it was a viable relationship.
They weren't trying to.

That's completely besides the point. We're talking about what was actually shown, not what COULD have been there.

>Barely tolerated each other.
Why are you getting this from? Cause I see them as friends who snark at each other but are still clearly friends.

Lesbians are trash

No I'm not.

which is why this ship is shit.

Yo mama could if it came from a stranger that was was being predatory, but in BB's case he uses slang like that for everyone. That level of casual familiarity would go a long way in helping Raven let her guard down.

Because RobRae is so much cuter

Oh shit, now you've gone and done it.

I've literally never seen anyone outside of Sup Forums hate this pairing so I am also curious to know why it has so much hatred of this website

Sup Forums is tired of lesbians.

It's an opposites attract ship which is already somewhat shit by default but forced as fuck and Beast Boy is generally awful as a character and shitty towards Raven. It's viable since Beast Boy evidently matures over time but it wouldn't last and Raven deserves someone less obnoxious and someone who shares more mutual interests with her, and their friendship is more of a 'brothers/sisters in arms' thing than genuinely enjoying each others' company in my opinion, thus why I feel realistically they'd just get fed up with each other after a couple weeks/months.

I feel the same applies, to an extent, to Harlivy, but I don't think it applies to, say, Superbat or even Halnestro if you could count that. If BBRae weren't so forced in both the comics and TTG and given much more time to develop I'd probably change my mind.

This is also awful. Damian would be way too enraging to be around for Raven. The only Robin she works well with is the one in the cartoon and maybe Tim, even if it's vanilla as shit.

>pair one of Sup Forums's biggest waifus with Shit McRetard literally lamest and most annoying character

Yeeaaah I'm going to say it was inevitable.

Sowe can all agree that even if Teen Titans was good, they ruined Beast Boy forever, he's always being the funny guy, but at least he has a lot of moments in the comics, sometimes they give him characters devolpment, but constant reboots combine with DC don't allow him to grow put him into the shitter, i mean he's like the third most powerful Titan, but he constantly jobs and dosen't use his full mpower because he's a moralfag, he's like a combination of Peter and Matian manhunter

Again, I thought Beast Boy was awesome in season 5 in particular. It really shows when the jokester character becomes the one who takes charge when the chips are down.

I hate it.
Not so much because of the pairing but they took two good villains and made them "oh perfect lesbian love squeeeee!"

Well that how Beast boy behaves in his best comics, but DC always making job or not finish the job, because "i can't kill thats not want heroes stand for" he almost killed Deathstroke by himself and they stop him

>and "Mama" sprinkling every sentence was cringe-worthy.
That didn't start being a thing until TTGo you massive faggot

Because he's Sup Forums, but competent.

Beast Boy is a nerd. He's small, and sort of immature, and awkward, even if he does manage to be funny. He likes comics and cartoons and movies. He messes up and gets things wrong, but he learns and grows, and by the end of the series he shows that he's actually pretty fucking legit and could lead the team.

He also has a pretty unique relationship with Raven. No, it's not romantic in the series, take them goggles off, but it's very easy to see how it could be. Beast Boy is generally the one who reminds Raven of her humanity, who offers to include her in whatever the Titans are doing, who at least attempts to comfort her when shit has gone really wrong. He's the most human Titan, which contrasts with her emotionally distant facade, but also makes her interactions with him pretty important. BB is the one who reminds everyone to have fun, and Raven is the character for from that's most necessary.

Sup Forums can't stand this ship, and Beast Boy generally, because he's a better version of them that gets to hang out with and have this unique relationship with their waifu. And also it's popular, so there's some basic Sup Forumsntrarianism in there too.

>A bookish nerd girl might want to go out with an obnoxious chad but that doesn't mean the relationship is set to last in the long run or even be a good one while it does.
Kek this projection. There are plenty of couples who are different personality-wise and still click. A bookish girl isn't necessarily suited for a bookish guy. Stop dwelling in stereotypes my dude.

I remember him being portrayed as some sort of creepy sexual deviant in the comics from the few Teen Titans comics I've read. And they had that lame shit where he was famous/an actor. Poor dude.

Remember when Beast Boy lost his V-card and unlock more of his powers by realising that he's been holding back all this time and he's a lot of stronger that he tought, but dosen't want to hurt anyone

Why is there always some fag who assumes that people hate things he likes because of some deep seated insecurities or subconscious projecting?

I don't like BBRae because; a.) she's better with Robin, who also humanises her and reminds her to have fun and be loving without being completely annoying, he does that kind of thing in moderation whereas Beast Boy straight up rips her out of her comfort zone often to the point of enraging her, and b.) fuck Robstar too. It's way better in the comics because at least if they're still somewhat incompatible, they're both hot adults.

>Why is there always some fag who assumes that people hate things he likes because of some deep seated insecurities or subconscious projecting?

Because he's right.

Nah, not necessarily, but that is often why people hate things.

Beastboy was my least favorite Titan in the show except for the final season with Doom Patrol and Brain shenanigans. And even then I still didn't want him with Raven.

>No, it's not romantic in the series, take them goggles off
NEVAH
But in all seriousness, amazing post my friend.

>It's an opposites attract ship which is already somewhat shit by default
4u fagtron

>Beast Boy is generally awful as a character
Actually he's a great character. If niot he wouldn't have so many fans.

>and shitty towards Raven
Go back and rewatch the show. Raven is massive cunt to BB the majority of time.

>but it wouldn't last
Are you Nostradamus? Will I win the lottery?

>and Raven deserves someone less obnoxious and someone who shares more mutual interests with her
Because saving/helping others isn't a mutual interest. Couples can have different interests.

>and their friendship is more of a 'brothers/sisters in arms' thing than genuinely enjoying each others' company in my opinion
BB never really has a problem with Raven and Raven as tsundure as she gets obviously enjoys her dynamic with BB

>thus why I feel realistically they'd just get fed up with each other after a couple weeks/months

Literally leave your basement, user. There are people who are very similar to one another that click and people who are very different on superficial levels that click on deeper enotional levels. Going past the superficial "he's goofy and she's serious" aspects you have two people who have dealt with loss and persecution who find meaning in life through helping others. They're compassionate people who want to belong. He would click romantically with Raven for similar reasons that he clicked with Terra. They'd also share with one another things they lack. Raven would provide BB with spiritual peace and meditation while BB would allow her to relax,let her hair down and find joy in life. A reprieve from all the somber seriousness.

I don't know how you can read and not see the projection going on when that user is clearly trying to rationalize why bookish girls should want to be with bookish in the long-run guys over chads.

>BB's jokes aren't funny.
He's a teenage boy, often seeing the approval of his peers. Some of his jokes are going to fall flat. His unfunny jokes are often noted by the team as such.

It's either the writers suck ass and they are just excusing themselves, or they were trying to write what an actual teen might try to say. I hope the latter

So you literally proved the other user's point that they need more development and need to be explored more as a couple.

Epic job, bro.

It's not that I hate Beast Boy but because Raven is my waifu I like to fantasize myself being with her. I get kinda jealous when I see her with another character because I so badly want it to be me.

>Robin
>reminds her to have fun
Really? Cause Robin wasn't a "fun" character from I remember. From what I remember Robin was like a mini-Batman in the cartoon.
>gruff
>disciplined
>real no-nonsense kind of leader.

>Doesn't think "yo" and "mama" was cringeworthy.
I'd like to see how far you get when you unironically use those words when you hit on girls user.

What the fuck was her problem?

That wasn't his point. He was giving a laundry list of why they're a fundamental bad ship and wouldn't last.

Why do so many people like it for the 'he helps her have fun' and 'he forces her to show happiness and excitement' aspect of the relationship? I thought Raven couldn't express too much emotion because they're so tied with her powers and major shit goes down if she gets too emotional, I don't know if that was canon in the cartoon but it was in the comics. It's not like she's Bruce Wayne and she's being tsundere or whatever because she's damaged (it's part of it, I recognise that, but not the main reason she's distant). I doubt a guy as loving and enthusiastic as Beast Boy would want to be in such an emotionally unrewarding relationship.

But...this is completely wrong.

They share so much in common. In my head, I think since she peek on him and got to know who truly he is she is trying to bring support.

That's midget, user. Like Ruby & Sapphire.
Loli would be Aquamarine who's actually child-like.

I agree. I also think Raven just sees Beast Boy as the annoying little brother that she puts up with and tolerates his antics from time to time.

She's overcompensating so that she doesn't have "too much emotion" to the point that in the beginning of the series she was super withdraw and antisocial. You see her come out of her shell more and allow herself to exhibit more emotion as things go on. There's not some rule that says the world is going to end and Trigon is going to rape everyone if she starts laughing more and having a good time. Also as someone who is similar to BB the idea of getting a serious girl like Raven to open up and have more fun is a turn on and would be emotionally rewarding.

>Disagrees with anons judgment of a character.
>Doesn't explain why they disagree.
Opinion discarded.

I bet you like TTGO Raven too faggot.

Raven saw Damian coud literally become a new demon by god know what means. Sided with him is her way to provent such outcome.

Are you telling me that Robin wasn't a stoic badass leader in the cartoons?