The reviews rank from mediocre to bad, are you worried?

the reviews rank from mediocre to bad, are you worried?

Even the positive reviews in rotten tomatoes say that its not better than the original and its not as creative

Hate to tell you this, OP, but it's a sequel.
That's how sequels are. I remember a time when it wasn't even a given that every film came in three or more parts.

Not really, especially not when "reviewers" shat on ironfist mostly just to get notoriety when most everyone I talk to says it was good. Same thing with antman, which was bad but got rave reviews.

I trust Gunn to deliver a quality product, I don't trust faggoty reviewrs who re trying to make a quick buck.

>the reviews rank from mediocre to bad
No they don't. They rank from great to not-quite-as-good-as-the-first.

Sorry couldn't hear you over being the best comic book in years. Why don't you give me a call in 2 years when Thanks shows up.

*Thanos
Fucking autocorrect

>are you worried?
I'm not a shareholder, what should I worry about?

But, God, hear me out, this time they are not focusing on ''le evil white male'' to shit in this sequel

at worst it will still be better than Wonder Woman

and maybe best movie of the year other than Star Wars

>Current score 86%

Hmm?

In the "Zack Snyder" philosophy of film ratings, you want a lower score, so closer to 0% is kino whereas a high score in the 90s is bad

eh, who cares man. If people like it, then let them, if they dont who cares

critics are saying that the plot is paper thin and that most of the humor is not good, Wonder Woman only needs to have a decent story in order to be a better film

Just got back from watching it and if you liked the first you'll like this if you didn't this won't change your mind unless you're a Batista fan because he more or less steals this film. I'm sure there will be people who disagree but I liked the music in this more than the original. Only problem I had was that there were a couple moments especially near the end that the movie started really hammering you in the head that Peter is from the eighties, PACMAN BRO. Besides that the end credit sequences specifically stalones has me looking forward to atleast one or two films so I can't complain. In summary they improve in some areas but stumble in others.

[So does Yondu die or not? If the next film has all the OG GotG I want Yondu to be around

he is dead, Jim

why should I care what "critics" think? Marvel has never made a movie that wasn't great and they aren't going to start now

I'm going to make up my mind when I see it. At any rate I can't imagine it'll disappoint me too bad. I'm not going for the best MCU movie ever, I go for shades of Farscape, Cosmic Marvel references, and good bantz between a charming cast.

>GotG Vol 3 is directed by Gunn
>a Gunn film without Rooker
That's bullshit

too bad it's a DC movie

Dead but he was at the filming of infinity war so it sounds like marvel doesn't even like permanently killing off characters in there movies now

Remember when people weren't complete fags and knew that reviewers were usually giant dicks or big pretentious nerds and could let themselves enjoy a movie without being told by (usually contrarian) dicks on the internet if it's okay or not?

Yeah well, I do. So no, I'm not worried.

Expect a tonne of cosmic references I stopped counting by halfway

Does it matter? Mediocre are Sup Forums's best: resource of may mays.

this

no one should ever listen to these "people"

I feel like the first film was graded on a curve for having a more distinctive voice and fewer plugs for other movies than the standard MCU film.

I feel like the sequel is just more of the same, so I doubt it will be less enjoyable to people who liked the first one, it's just less of a novelty so it's harder for critics to get excited.

A lot of critics hate the setting up of other movies. At this point its just part of a Marvel movie so why act surprised when big chunks of the story are seemingly not followed up on? You KNOW why that part is in there so don't act like it is a meaningless thing

It's either a misdirection or a hallucination induced by Ebony Maw.

This movie is mostly self-contained, though.

See, this is biased. This is looking to be overly critical and a dick about something and thinking of the fucking company that produced it and their ulterior motives instead of genuinely enjoying a movie for what it is; which critics can't do because they're subhuman dicks and just need to grab onto something to be an asshole about because they don't know how to have fun. This has been common knowledge since like the fucking 80s, why have people suddenly started caring again about what they have to say?

No, I actually expect it to be bad. Never had that much faith in it.

To clarify, I don't WANT it to be bad, but the lack of a clear conflict and the emphasis on baby Groot and the love subplot in the trailers had me worried from day 1.

Does Rocket ever show his butt

How's the soundtrack compared to the first? What's the tracklist?

Is it literally whites are evil, or is it just Ego turning out to be the badguy? Because I've noticed Sup Forums has forgotten how to id pandering and leftie cock sucking as of late since they thought Aishi was "muh grl power"

Majority of people preferred Winter Soldier over First Avenger. That was a sequel.

I personally like it better than the first but it's really down to personal preference here's the list:
1. ”Mr. Blue Sky" - Electric Light Ochestra
2. ”Fox on the Run" - Sweet
3. ”Lake Shore Drive" - Aliotta Haynes Jeremiah
4. ”The Chain" - Fleetwood Mac
5. ”Bring It On Home To Me" - Sam Cooke
6. ”Southern Nights" - Glen Campbell
7. ”My Sweet Lord" - George Harrison
8. ”Brandy (You're A Fine Girl" - Looking Glass
9. ”Come A Little Bit Closer" - Jay and the Americans
10. ”Wham Bam Shang-A-Lang" - Silver
11. ”Surrender" - Cheap Trick
12. ”Father and Son" - Cat Stevens
13. ”Flash Light" -Parliament
14. ”Guardians Inferno" - The Sheepers featuring David Hasselhoff

But it usually sequel > first movie > third movie, at least when it comes to critics.

I saw it, and I really liked it. All the stuff with Yondu and Rocket was great. The scene with them taking down the Ravagers was the best scene in the movie.

I really liked the ending, Using Cat Stevens was a nice touch.

Review aggregators. There are now "objective" scores attached to movies thanks to review aggregator so the "my favorite movie is better than your favorite movie" crowd has a number to watch and brow beat each other with.

I will be seeing it regardless of reviews. The trailers were enough to interest me and I have about $100 worth of movie theater gift cards burning a hole in my pocket.
Its on spotify if you are interested.

The best thing to have is several coherant reviews from credible sources saying you movie is worth watching.

Wasn't it the same with Terminator 2? Exceptions always exist.

Strange was meh, felt factory produced

Certain critics are getting spoilt by dark and gritty movies like the extremely overrated Logan movie.

We're not allowed to have fun in movies anymore.

He sounds like he posts on Sup Forums

female character, female director.

Critics are such shills for PC points these days that they even gave Ghostbusters positive reviews, so Wonder Woman is fine, is going to make at least 700million

>Mr. Blue Sky

Confirmed kino

You mention Ghostbusters, but having decent reviews didn't save it at all. Although to be fair there's no stigma against WW for possibly ruining a beloved franchise. But then again that franchise is already considered ruined

Or Empire Strikes Back, or Aliens.
But not Ghostbusters 2.

There isn't really a rule to it.
Sequels are generally liked better when there is a substantial difference in production values, and when the sequel goes in an experimental direction away from the original (although, I personally prefered the philosophy behind the first Terminator and Alien to their sequel, but whatever).

This. Marvel consistently makes some of the greatest films and television of all time, and SJWs are desperate to drag them down and replace them with niggers and vaginas.

Wrong

There are a number of sequels that manage to be better than the first one, but it's far from usual

>reviews
I'll form my own opinion after watching it.

Wonder Woman is the worst movie I've ever seen.

I watched it, it's the same as the first one with a few more gags thrown in. Some landed, some didn't. I don't know what people expected

GODDAMN YOU MARVEL KEKS!!!!

STARLORD TURNS IN TO PAC-MAN YOU DINGBAT FUCKS!!!!

THIS IS SPACEBALLS-TIER TRaSHTRaSHTRASHTRASHTRASHTRASH!!!!!!

WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE????

THIS IS PURE FUCKING GARBAGE!!!!!!

>You mention Ghostbusters, but having decent reviews didn't save it at all.

What I meant was that Ghostbusters was a turd and still got really solid reviews.

That's fucking sickening. These disgusting faggots are so obsessed with their anti-white, anti-fun agenda that they're out to destroy anything with the Marvel logo.

>Spaceballs
>trash
Them's fightin' words.

Yeah, but then you said WW is 700million guaranteed, i assumed you implied good reviews = good sales

i hope Starlord turns in to Pac man and eats thanos as the climactic battle for infinity war. thats what you arrested development sesame street tier "fans" deserve! FUCK THE MCU!!!! I can not believe any of you...ANY OF YOU...can support this pure fucking garbage...how can you want this pure fucking garbage in an Avengers film? You are not FANS at all...you are the fucking idiocracy made flesh...

I fucking hate every hair on your pointy heads you loser motherfuckers...to support 3rd grade garbage like this pisses me off so much i hope and pray each and every one of you have to get a fucking job and live in a boarding room in the ghetto...i fucking hate you people for your eternal retardation!!!!

>Fleetwood Mac

The older I get, the more I realize my pops had God Tier taste in music

Iron Fist was genuinely terrible.

"Reviewer"

>Doesn't talk about the film just Soapboxes

Yea that should be a firing offense, because he's not doing his job.

What the fuck are you talking about?

he turns into a Pac man you dumb man childs...you stupid brain damaged motherfuckers...you stunted growth bitches...oh how i fucking hate you. i FUCKING HATE WHAT YOU ARE HELPING MARVEL DO TO THESE CHARACTERS...I fucking despise every single one of you and i hope niggers father the children you raise and their nigger uncles ask them to sit in their laps every day and your pussy asses dont stop it...i fucking hate you all so fucking much.

Wow user, it's like you think they actually care about their job and don't just want to virtue signal up the ass.

Also was that user raped by Pacman as a kid?

>NOOOOO STOP CRITICIZING MUH MARVEL

inb4 DCuck

Is it probably going to be as cringey as the first? I hated that groot sparkly light scene on the enemy spaceship and the DANCE OFF BRO.

He's not wrong.

This, OP's describing it like a SS or BvS scenario. Wait for homecoming for that.

Depends how mad you get at casuals. It's a movie 100% aimed at casuals. If you're autistic and go REEEEEEEEEEEEE NORMIES you will hate it

It got Softball "critical" review. Mainly their caveat "its not as good as the Original."

Or "Its a different style of comedy from the original."

They'd turned that into a pile of caustic "I'm with her." #Glassceiling bullshit no way in hell were people going to be over critical of Cunt Farting Wanton Complaining garbage pile of a movie.

WTF is this Pacman shit? Did some Reddit person leak the movie synopsis or something.

It's MCU. Of course it doesn't target the three people who read comics. Do you mean normies? Because targeting MCU fans / casuals means something different than targeting the average movie goer.

Starlord turns into his spirit animal to fight ego the living planet....im dying inside trying to reach you people...im literlly dying trying to open your eyes to just how much this shit stinks to high heaven...

ITS WORSE THAN THE DANCE OFF...

a fucking pac man. RIP MCU.

Ironfist sucks what are you on about?

When they're on Ego, Ego tells Quill he's part Celestial and basically god. And the whole planet is his, and he can create whatever the fuck he wants and do whatever the fuck he wants with his powers. Cue Quill referencing some 80s shit, including him saying he's gonna build a giant Pacman statue on the planet.

Then, during the end boss fight, Ego and Quill basically go full blown DBZ fighting with each other and they start using their god powers to basically create rock armour around themselves, imagine them beateing the shit out of each other with Thing gloves. So then they start running at each other and start creating full body rock armour, Ego just makes himself a giant ass rock suit, Quill turns into Pacman.

The end

Fuck off.

Well I'll wait to see how its done instead of going on second hand complaints.

Forgot to add

They smash into each other, the Pacman bit lasts all of 2 seconds, and then their rock armour breaks. It's basically a call back gag. Which frankly the whole movie is full off but that's another "issue".

Its just garbage. Pac-man vs ego the living planet.
pure fucking garbage. pure total entire garbage. garbage in garbage out.

a fucking pac man. at least sandler fans bashed pixels. you marvel fucks will push this to a billion bucks because you are literally living with shrinking brains in your heads. REMEMBER HW MUCH YOU HATED GREEN LANTERN MAKING A RACE TRACK???????????

Gosh damn i fucking hate you people

Maybe I'm just taking the bait, but even good Marvel movies are nowhere near best of all time quality, and either you haven't seen ANY movies or you've got shit taste.

Marvel movies are constantly devoid of stakes and genuine emotion, and anything beyond quips and decent action. Even the good ones. And that's nothing of the bad ones like

>Thor 2
>Iron Man 2
>Iron Man 3
>Avengers 2
>Captain America 1

I look forward to what Gunn comes up with in "Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3" to trigger Sup Forums on the same level as the dance-off and the Pac-Man.

Also

>A Zune with 300 fucking songs

THE ABSOLUTE MADMEN!

Captain America 1 is the only good Marvel movie. All the others are irredeemable shit.

I'd like to imagine by 3 Sup Forums will finally realize these movies are aimed at general audiences and will have shitty gags aimed at them, but I already know that's wrong

The movies out in Australia already I know because I watched it yesterday.

>Marvel consistently makes some of the greatest films and television of all time

In a decade's time, half of the MCU films and shows that have been released to date are going to be as forgotten and discarded as "Avatar" was as soon as that film left theatres. "Thor: The Dark World" and "Agents of SHIELD" are far from being "all time" greats; hell, the objectively best MCU film ("Captain America: The Winter Soldier") is still nowhere near the level of actual all-time great movies.

I like Marvel movies, but even I am smart enough to know that they are B-movies to watch when I need to turn off my brain and enjoy a popcorn flick. And there are still better popcorn flicks than fucking "Age of Ultron".

This you can count on one hand the number of marvel universe films that will stand the test of time. Meanwhile both sony fox and dc have created multiple films that are going to last longer and are of better quality.

I know this is bait but
>trusting reviews

Not him but Spaceballs is merely okay, it's far from being's Mel's best spoof and you can tell he doesn't give a shit about sci-fi.

>sony fox and dc have created multiple films that are going to last longer and are of better quality
That can also be counted on one hand

1.Man of Steel
2. Bats v Supes
3. Deadpool
4. XMen First Class
5. Logan

Some would say we need to count days of future past too so that would be six films that stand the test of time vs ONE from the MCU (winter soldier)

>Man of Steel, BvS
looooooooooooooooooool

Even WB is trying to forget those movies exist.

the fucks a zune

>MoS
>BvS
>holding up in a decade's time

Not even fucking close. And the actual list reads more like this:

>Superman
>The Dark Knight
>Logan
>Spider-Man 2

No other non-MCU superhero film even comes close to those films in terms of quality. All the X-Men films suck, "Deadpool" is just a fun action/comedy, all the other Spider-Man and Superman films hold up horribly, the pre-Nolan Batman films and the other Superman films range from mediocre to awful, and the Blade trilogy is spotty in quality (with "Blade II", the best of the bunch, still being mediocre at best).

I know some of y'all want to act like these film adaptations of your favorite characters or storylines are basically God's Last Gift or whatever, but the delusions need to end.

Why would Sup Forums be triggered by a zune? They were a complete failure that nobody cared about. That's the exact thing contrarians here would love.

Dude, just because these movies aren't MCU related doesn't mean you must hate them.
Hell, I love the MCU, but I admit that Spiderman 2, Superman, Blade, The Crow and both BB and TDK are one of the best movies, same with CA:TWS, GotG, Avengers, Logan or Deadpool.

Every single movie manage to both do justice to their characters and also do something that peopl who don't care for comica love.

>Marvel has never made a movie that wasn't great
I think you meant to say "was great." Marvel is garbage.

No one even remembers Logan anymore.
Top 3:
BvS
Superman
Watchmen

>Dude, just because these movies aren't MCU related doesn't mean you must hate them.

I don't hate them. I don't even dislike them for being non-MCU films. I dislike them because they are all movies that range from mediocre to crap and do not hold up well since the first time I saw them (no matter how long ago that was). The MCU and its existence plays no role in my judgment of those films; if anything, the quality of films like "The Dark Knight", "Logan", and "Spider-Man 2" make me more critical of the MCU for being mostly made up of cookie-cutter mediocrity sprinkled with only two actual good movies at the bare minimum ("Iron Man" and "Captain America: The Winter Soldier").

I'll watch a capeshit flick if it is actually watchable, but "watchable" cannot stand for "great". "Good enough" is no longer good enough.