Weird Comics

Can we talk about Weird Mystery/Horror Comics? I've been intrigued with the art and have read a little of EC Comics stuff by Jack Kamen, but I want to delve a little deeper. Pre-Code stuff in particular but anything goes.

Other urls found in this thread:

readcomiconline.to/Comic/Edge-of-Spider-Verse/Issue-4?id=11983
readcomiconline.to/Comic/Weird-War-Tales-1971
readcomiconline.to/Comic/Strange-Adventures-1950
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

bump. i wanna see some shit

Not sure what there is to say really.

Most of the EC suspense/horror/sci-fi comics are worth reading.

I recommend reading this. It's new but has that old school feel.

readcomiconline.to/Comic/Edge-of-Spider-Verse/Issue-4?id=11983

First drawn flying saucer

I recently saw movie. I liked it, but wasn't a fan of the ending

EC was fucking great. If you really want to get into them, I recommend you read their fantasy/sci-fi/crime comics as well. A lot of the stories cross over into horror/suspense.

You should try The Digital Comics Museum - has a lot of stuff that's fallen into the public domain -the only drawback being, funnily enough, that there's a lot of good stuff that's had its copyright renewed. I'd recommend Crime Does Not Pay and Black Magic as two must-reads (although CDNP gets pretty tame once the Comics Code swans along).

You have to sign up to be able to download anything, but they don't spam your inbox like most sites. Hell, I don't think I've ever gotten an e-mail off them since I signed up.

There too many.
Back then it was a business of doing a trend.

Superheroes popular? Make so many superheroes we'll never know what to do with.
Romance popular? Make thousands of different love dramas.

Crime/horror comics on the rise? Make titles of Witch's Cauldrons and Black Cat Tales and Tombs of Terror and Vaults of Horror, and etc etc.

1. Drown them until they agree to your demands.

Wow, thanks for the suggestions!

I love this shit. I believe the cover you're showing was even brought up in the hearings

With the Comics Code Authority relaxing its decades long stance on censoring the use of monsters and the undead in mainstream comics, DC placed an emphasis on the horror of combat with "Weird War Tales." The hybrid genre series was hosted by death, who appeared in new military garb every issue to present gritty tales of combat with overtones of suspense, science fiction, and paranormal activity. Produced by a who's who of war comic greats, including series editor Joe Kubert, writer Robert Kanigher, and artists Alex Toth and Russ Heath, the series' 124-issue run also introduced readers to cult favorites like the Creature Commandos.

readcomiconline.to/Comic/Weird-War-Tales-1971

its garbage and at least imo it does not have and old school feel at all. Its written in the same modern fashion, movie style scenes and pan outs and text up the fucking wall.

Just get the Creepy/Eerie reprints form Dark Horse.

Bite my shiny metal ass!

A story about a seat-of-the pants, first landing on the moon, adapted from the 1950 George Pal movie, Destination Moon.

readcomiconline.to/Comic/Strange-Adventures-1950

Pantless skeleton is a pretty good tactic.
I mean you're just drawn to the crotch since it is out in the open and completely distracted.

DCM never gets enough love around here. I just wish I wasn't too cheap to donate...