DUDE HOLD PLEASE BECAUSE WE KNOW WHAT PHONE ETIQUETTE ON EARTH IS XD

Who's on first base?

>in charge of massive fleet
>enemy ship wants to talk
>it's clear they're fucking around
>you don't immediately open fire

you are doing gods work general, good luck in the war effort

generale! buongiorno!

>H-hello, I think you are a likeable guy deep inside. Wanna date?

>"This is Sneed. I'd like my store back."

Did Phasma peg you?

No, I said I was looking for Bane

Star Wars: TLJ doesn't feel like a Star Wars setting because there's too much of this in the film. Earthly social justice issues. Earthly telephone etiquette and expectations. The characters seem like they're all from Earth instead of being in a galaxy far, far away.

Yo Momma

Watch episode IV again. There are plenty of similar moments.

>are your kolto retroviners running? :^)

Name three

Is your refrigerator running?

mein fuhrer gas the kikes

>Hux, listen closely, when you're chasing the Rebels, engage your hyperdrive a tiny amount to catch up to them. Barring that, have your star destroyers hyperdrive out and surround them. We can't suffer another movie, Hux, please end it.

>Bell bonshh!

Abusive uncle
Scummy bar
Leia preferring tall men over manlets like luke

Yo Xux, my man, are we still up for todays Sabak game?

>Citizens of Peach Trees, this is General Hux speaking...

>General Hux I have an urgent message from General Leia.
>What is it?
>Your ass is grass and I'm the lawnmower.

ur gay lol

(You)r Mom

>Hey, remember how you used to be a potential threat? Yeah lol now you're just Kylo's bitch

Daddy

This guy could've been greater than Tarkin if handled right.

Hey I'm a bounty hunter looking for work? Got anything?

Is being on hold a thing in the star wars universe? Are there bureaucratic banks you can call on your skype hologram phones?

They literally put a spoof movie joke in the start of the film, right after a dramatic scene where the resistance is about to be attacked by the first order. And for it to succeed they turned Gen. Hux into a goofy parody generic evil commander. Sad!

Why didnt the star destroyer just grab him in a tractor beam and capture him

Aren't tractor beams on the bottom of ships?

Now they have the hot head brat leader and the bozo general as the top heads of first order. They need a third stooge to complete the trio.

Check these dubs hux

you'd think after the deathstar got raped by small fighters that they would fit some smaller cannons to the big ships

uncle owen wasn't abusive, just crusty.

>First scene in the movie
>The New Order is devastating the Resistance
>General Hux is the figurehead antagonist for this storyline
>The entire movie is going to be him chasing the Resistance
>They introduce him by making a joke out of him

Imagine if during Vader's first scene in Empire, just before the battle of Hoth, he trips on his cloak and faceplants and it's a haha funny moment. It would change the tone of the entire movie.

This is a joke that belongs in Spaceballs, not Star Wars. And if your Star Wars movie has Spaceballs-worthy jokes in it you're fucking up.

You know what was funny? The toolbox dropping on Han's head. The Falcon catching fire when he was working on it. "'Not entirely stable?' Well I'm glad you're hear to tell us these things! Chewie take the professor in the back and plug him into the hyperdrive!'" Han Solo was a funny character. And what did he do when he confronted Darth Vader for the first time? Did he say "How do you shit in that thing?" No, he fucking shot him. Because the scene wasn't supposed to be funny, it was supposed to be dramatic.

Modern writers are hipster garbage. They just can't help but give every character snappy one liners.

*BRAAAAAAAAAAAAP*

check'd

INCONCEIVABLE

This moron should have been fired

To be replaced by an actual competent guy who will very probably be a bigger threat to Kylo's throne?

"See you in hell!l

In TLJ someone says "Godspeed" and I thought "Since when is there a fucking God in this series?"

Then I remembered "I'll see you in Hell" and "some damn fool idealistic crusade." So I guess there are religious sayings in Star Wars.

It was kind of jarring seeing books for the first time though.

so much this
I thought to myself "boy this movie is going to suck, what was the director smoking? was this test screening aproved?

Shouldve been sith holocrons but muh all eu is bad

But Han asked "How are you?" in 4 so it's totally justified.

kek

I think your last point about Han meeting Vader hit the nail on the head. Poe is supposed to be the cocky, sarcastic equivalent of Han, so I don't blame him for cracking jokes once in a while. But Han knew when to get serious. Poe has laughed in the face of Kylo and Hux already, making them look like fools in the process. Why should we be scared of them if the characters themselves aren't?

>"Goooooooddd afternoooon madame! I am just calling to let you know you have won a cash prize! The one p's and two p's that everyone forget about, become accumulated in a pot. Just tell me your sort code and bank account number, and I will wire you the monies directly!"

There's a time and place for everything, and a way to handle it.

For example, Leia insults Tarkin's "foul stench." Does Tarkin smell his armpits and ask a Stormtrooper if he stinks? Fuck no.

This was also the exact moment i knew the movie was in trouble.

Fuck having intimidating villians. Fuck having tension. Its literally all a big joke.

>So I guess there are some religious sayings in a setting where there was a group of monastic space wizards who utilize a universal magical energy, had a temple, a creed and tens of thousands of years of history.

As far as I know the Jedi have no concept of God, Hell or damnation.

"what does kylo's face look like when it's covered in your spooge"

You're forgetting that wookies sang Christmas carols.

when talking about this flick with my family, my sister says
>Wasn't that opening scene with the prank call the funniest thing? I couldn't stop laughing!

"Go Chuck yourself"

>Pure Pazzak

yo mama is so fat even rey can't lift her

I'm fine how are you XD

>half naked Jedi interrogation