>fraud hacks didn't criticize the FTL kamikaze scene
Unsubscribed

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=R0QPCS4a84k
youtube.com/watch?v=ZQ8ir66M5XU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

faster than light?

There was nothing wrong with it...

they did, they said it should have been Carrie Fisher killing her self by ftl kamikaze instead of the purple hair woman.

Incorrect criticism

Yeah that was weird to me too. It's universe breaking implications is the kind of Star Trek turboautist observation I would totally expect of Mike, am a little disappointed. But they so thoroughly destroyed the movie on other points that I let it slide

Do you want to get raped by me?

>they so thoroughly destroyed the movie
lol

They gotta save some material for the Plinkett review.

They're not brainlets and know that FTL ramming pales in comparison to other exploitable "plot holes" and inconsistencies in the universe. It was just easier to spot, so retards like you latched onto it because it made you feel like a smart boy and the movie dumb dumb. But star wars is more of a fantasy than a sci-fi, those things literally don't matter at all.

So I guess you're the arbiter of all movie criticism then? Why even bother watching a movie review show if you already know everything?

What's wrong with that scene?

Really? You see nothing completely world-breaking about rendering all other conventional forms of warfare in the 7 other movies utterly pointless and retarded?

Yes I am. I speak for Sup Forums

they already were pointless, real space combat would have been (as they pointed out) using long range missiles, with little to no close engagements...

Luke, did I ever tell you about light speed missiles? It's a combat maneuver that no one in the history of the Republic ever used in spite of having access to FTL technology for thousands of years. It is an attack so devastating that whichever side uses it first wins. End of story. There are no safeguards against it, so now that it has been discovered, it is wisest to resort to it at the slightest hint of danger, because if you hesitate, your side has already lost. It took a smart and brave lady general to discover the technique. Had she been just a bit less brave and a bit smarter the concept of "remote control" might have occurred to her as well and she could have been a good friend.

No, I bet if I met you IRL i could definitely overpower you and literally rape you considering you're some soy boy autist that whines about your favorite movie reviewers not criticizing some specific sequence which is scientifically correct in a kids movie about space wizards that levitate rocks with their minds.

I'm filtering your posts until you have something of value to say. Until then...MUTED!

It's not about realism or what it should be, it's about internal consistency.

Why even bother watching a movie review show if you already know everything?

looks like you got triggered, turns out nobody will suck your dick OP
sorry for ruining your perfect thread

> RLM still think Rey is not a Mary Sue

Oh my sweet summer child, you do realize basically all of star wars has ridiculously pointless forms of warfare.

You're such a faggy mortal. I could shoot you, knife you, bludgeon you, boil you, all the while wearing armour. You can't touch me and my titanium vampire teeth. Oh I could also run you over with my car. You're dumb.

The implication that space battles should have been fought with FTL missiles and drone ships, hell maybe even rocks before now if it was possible to hyperspace into someone that effectively. They never did it before so in universe the assumption was it wasn't possible or effective for one reason or another which is why they had to employ all these space navy battles. And don't try to argue no one ever thought to try it before. First of all when testing hyperdrive technology I can guarantee they would have rammed it into a wall many times before even thinking about putting a seat on it. Secondly, the reaction of the Supremacy crew when the ship starts realligning tells us that the effects of hyperspacing into someone are so well known that even an incompetent general like Hux knows about it

If E8 is the only SW movie you have watched then yeah I agree but still you should be asking why she didnt do it before half the crew died

>there's nothing wrong with pulling a super powerfull attack that can destroy and entire fleet out of your ass in the ninth movie

youtube.com/watch?v=R0QPCS4a84k

Better review/analysis

ITT: patreon donors getting butthurt

I think it's time you headed back to stupid town

Yeah well it is internally consistent. Han already mentions to Luke that the computer they have plots their path in FTL travel so that they dont end up going through the middle of a star. So the ability to interact with physical objects is already established.

Fuck off mouse. They had maybe one good thing to say about it in like 45 minutes. It's over.

Not within the confines of its own universe

>taking 45 minutes to say fuck all and miss some of the most important shit
lol
youtube.com/watch?v=ZQ8ir66M5XU

ITT: the contrarian olympics racing to hate this film the most.

Because he needs positive affirmation for his nerd obsession to make him feel like his life has a purpose.

people support reviewers whose style they like, not the ones they agree with. you dumb fuck.

All those losers died trying to destroy the death stars when they could've just had a robot send a giant ship and hyperspace kamikaze them. Hell, treat ships like bullets. send a couple dozen x wings to punch through literally any target the rebellion wants to destroy.

Why didn't the medical frigate just hyperspeed jump through the star destroyers? Instead they just died like a bitch.

Did they actually speak the truth??

I've heard they've become little more than corporate shills at this point.

Because the looked at it from a craftsmanship point of view; they weren’t concerned about how it disrupted the canon or whether it followed in-universe laws of physics.

That was the right decision imo desu.

it depends on if you believe they're saving all the really glaring complaints for a plinkett review.

Did you watch the Nerd Crew while brain damaged, or do you believe everything you read on Sup Forums?

Lmao look at the girly soy faggots and their Swedish writing style

You know it basically ruins the entire point or tension of the original trilogy, right?

They tore it apart. Are you maybe upset that they thought Luke’s character progression wasn’t entirely godawful? Or were you waiting for them to spend an additional 15 minutes ripping on Super Leia?

>Swedish writing style
What fresh Sup Forums meme is this?

>send a giant ship
I doubt they would need an object with a mass greater than a few kgs with those speeds.

>Swedish writing style
huh?

We’re not watching the original trilogy, so I honestly don’t think it matters.

>this level of projection
I'm sorry someone made fun of your Soywars, numale

>Swedish writing style
come again?

I bet you’re the guy who made the thread whining about “obvious Disney shills” on Sup Forums lmao

As if Disney would waste their time on a group that doesn’t pay to see movies

That's why as a stand alone film the FTL ram is fine(though some may argue it should have been done earlier, maybe against the dreadnought) However this isn't a stand alone film if you haven't noticed. It even has an 8 in the title

It can be as stupid and pointless as it wants as long as it sticks to it you retarded fags.

You're a retarded drone, but I need to know if you were born that way or were molded by your environment.

He's probably 16 and used the first Sup Forums buzzwords that came to his mind.

nice Swedish writing style, Sven

Incorrect I just found this site sucka

The sequels work better as standalone films, so I prefer to think of them that way. I’m not really attached to the OT so I don’t have a hard time doing that. Yes I was born this way.

I wish, then I wouldn't live in this slavic shithole at least.

They didn't even touch the leia flying scene. They just said "they'd get to it" then dropped it.

>muh Sup Forums boogeyman I'm so butthurt

The delusion of this website in general is ridiculous. People actually think companies pay them to post things on this website.

How stupid do you have to be?

can someone explain this meme to me, why would it be viable to suicide bomb extremely large ships to take out part of one ship. especially in the OT where the rebels were clearly underequipped compared to the empire. unnecessary waste of lives/resources. seemed like an extremely situational call specific to this movie to me.

Dumb fuck. The question was the exent of the damage a hyperspace ram caused.

Until now there was the possibility that a small rammer may explode harmlessly against the larger ships shields. Perhaps the hyperdrive chucked them into another dimension or warped space or whatever so the 'fast moving' ship didn't actually have devastating amounts of momentum.

But now all that's gone away. They've outright shown the audience that it rapes an entire fleet, which renders all other combat obsolete.

>posts a meme that makes all the Sup Forumstards immensely butthurt

lmao

I’m the guy who doesn’t care but I do acknowledge that they could have gotten a robot to do it.

You have to go back.

>POO PEE PEE POO POO PEE PEE

They did

But wasting a ship big enough to cause damage? I get that it's a movie so they technically will always have as much resources as they need to, but it just seems like a tactic that would go against conventional common sense. Wasting ships like that seems like it would be a big deal.

This meme isn't funny. It's forced as fuck.

Holy fucking based, my pede.

Hyperspace attack has one fucking big issue...

Every fucking time there is something big in space the fans can now say... Why don't they just hyperspace into them to kill them all?

He has fucked things up so bad he has no idea.

Now let me tell you which memes are forced.

Literally put a hyperdrive on a decent sized asteroid and let a droid pilot it.

Just use a rock

Because it is a lot cheaper than fighting the empire normally.

>Send a bunch of fighters at empire
>most pilots and ships are kill by end of battle

>Or send 1 hyperspace kamikaze at empire
>wreck all their ships for cost of one ship and pilot
>or just an autopilot/droid if they are really smart

t. buttblasted amerimutt

@91837845

>space battle
>real

>rebels are terrorists
>finally 8 movies in they realize pulling an Allah akbar is the best strategy

Worst terrorists ever

>defending TLJ
>calling others contrarian

End thyself.

Abrams is directing the next one, so there’s a chance they’ll do it repeatedly and make some meta quip like, “Why didn’t we think of this before?”

conservatives cannot meme for shit

>try to make fun of Sup Forums by making them black
>imply that Sup Forums is full of people even blacker than Sup Forums
Silly muttposter

lad...

That's why you throw cheap ships at expensive ships until people stop making expensive ships. Yeah it doesn't make sense to keep throwing your troop transports or fleet carriers at people but what if you built a ship that didn't have life support, didn't have rooms or utilities. Only enough fuel to align and accelerate itself to hyperspace. The most expensive thing on it would probably be the sensor array and the automated guidance system. Boom you just invented a missile. Something they already have in universe, now put a hyperdrive on that badboy and maybe some shielding if necessary.
Before this scene a lot of people assumed hyperspace only let you travel FTL in relation to normal space when in reality they were just cruising along in hyperspace. Thus once they collapse out of hyperspace their relative velocity normals out to normal cruising speeds. That's why before ships exiting hyperspace could stop so quickly because they really weren't going that fast, just cruising in another dimension

55% of theatergoers (this is a low estimate by the way) and 93% of critics liked it. Just because Sup Forums is an echochamber doesn't mean liking TLJ isn't the majority opinion.

That was really good rant.

lmao

He did not defend it you faggot, Jay said the EXACT same thing, you are all a bunch of contrarians.

everyone wants to compete to see who can hate this movie the most and who can defend it the most when its not worth either. Its fine.

>the beatles analogy completely BURYING Leia surviving

And people saying they didn't hate it?

I'm not entirely certain that everyone actually trying to defend the hyperspace kamikaze attack is being serious and not baiting.
That, or they have literally never watched a Star Wars movie in their life before the nu-movies and have the "IT'S JUST A MOVIE BRO!!" mentality and thus their opinion is void.

Sh-shill...!

>55%
>this means my side is right!
Why are democratic societies so retarded? I'm not saying you are wrong about it being the majority. I just find the democratic concept of any amount over 50% decides the consequences for the remaining 49-40% of people to be retarded

yeah could you imagine haha

Visually, it looked awesome. However it makes zero sense and totally destroys the entire in universe logic. So so so many things become broken because of it. I dont even.