If I can take something from all the Samurai Jack hype and peopel going back to the old show too is that this is the...

If I can take something from all the Samurai Jack hype and peopel going back to the old show too is that this is the power of a cartoon that ACTUALLY WELL MADE BY ACTUAL PROFESIONALS.

The great and detailed character design that is not a bunch of noodles and circles.

Writting that doesn't talk down to their audience and actually challenge them.

Creative as creative can get, not a single episode feels like ''this shit again???''

The drama is real, well done and mature, its not some stupid show about shipping or crying every episode, just by watching Samurai vs Samurai you can actually learn a couple of things about being a better person and how to find real porpuse to your life.

I'm glad that Jack is back, is a reminder of how good cartoons look like, giving you a lot of great stories instead of struggling to tell just one story in a season like OTHER cartoons...

Now for the question that trigger people: Do you think Ashi is a well balanced and well written character?

Good on you OP, now leave before the anti-ashi autists devour you for enjoying this spectacular show.

Need some Jashi art?

I don't need it necessarily I can wait for the next few episodes

This is CALARTS.

You sure?

Yes she is, in a plot where jack has give up all hope he needs a external force to get back into the game and that force is Ashi.

Do what you will

NOISE

So do you support the possibility of Jack and Ashi having a romance to maintain that hope?

Dat jiggle

Her about-face was a bit sudden, but given the constraint of 10 episodes I can't really get angry about it. Otherwise I think they've done well with her so far.

I do. The show has gone on for close to a hundred episodes without a romance sub plot for Jack. As it nears the end I don't think there's anything wrong with him settling down with a nice girl after he defeats Aku.

THANK YOU. Someone who uses logic and an ubiased view.

See

>The great and detailed character design that is not a bunch of noodles and circles.

No, instead it's a bunch of squares and blocks. Different look, same shit.

Seeing as Genndy's concept was a samurai roaming the dystopian future with his childhood crush, i think that's how it will end after Aku is defeated. Jack will stay in the future and work to undo Aku's evil

Stop in John. Minimalism can work with proper direction and color theory.

But you just said it was detailed, now it's not? Which is it?

Not me.

Children, focus on the story and less on the art.

Samurai Jack doesn't have a story, it has set pieces.

For four seasons it was about a time displaced samurai struggling to make it back to undo the evil of the being that sent him away to begin with. Season 5 has our hero a broken being after 50 years of that struggle slowly driving him to suicide. On the other plot is deluded cult that unleashes a threat our hero has never truly encountered: indoctrinated human assassins. Sure our hero has killed robots and aliens but never his own kind.

yes she is well written, is not the most amazing new character ever!!!!! but not everything has to be like that, specially is you watch Gendy Shows like Clone Wars or Symbionic Titan, they develop characters across the season.

me too, romance and then having a baby is a symbol of peace and about how there's hope for the future.

Again, Sup Forums is filled with people that have too many issues with women, they rank from hating them because they think that its their fault that they suck at ''getting them'' or people that think that writting a positive female character is pandering to tumblr, etc

The preview for Episode 7 shows that transformation. especially when the army wants to kill Jack. That face she makes is that of a woman who will protect her man

>me too, romance and then having a baby is a symbol of peace and about how there's hope for the future.

I agree wholeheartedly. Plus Jack is regarded as a saint to everyone he's helped

>people that think that writting a positive female character is pandering to tumblr, etc

It isn't. Just because a woman can keep pace with or almost keep pace with the male lead doesn't make it pandering. Ashi was trained since she could walk to be a perfect assassin. Granted it was cruel but shes able to keep up with Jack. That training will help her in the end

And honestly the Ashi-bashing fags are just insecure.

As for Titan, that show should've been an adult swim only project. The ideas were very mature oriented. Hell there's a scene where Lance and Ilana SHARE A MOTEL BED IMMEDIATELY AFTER SHE COMES OUT IN JUST A TOWEL.

It's literally the anti-tumblr, takinging a screaming indoctrinated feminist and turning her into a real women with feminine features and love for a man

Honestly Ashi has set the new standard for waifus: feminine and loyal yet strong and capable.

Not to mention she reignites my boner for Asians

>not everything has to be like that
Says you.

He offered a valid argument if you weren't too busy nitpicking.

>they develop characters across the season.
Learn to read dipshit

Anyone want more Jashi?

More cute for the cute gods

While he might be overly artsy and long cut-y at times, Genddy is something that is often severely lacking in cartoon TV shows: a strong creative director force. Watching both the original and the ongoing made me realize this. Most cartoons seem to just put all the burden on the storyboarders/animatics to control how everything goes together rather than having a director who takes a script and envisions every scene, every angle, every sound, and every line and works with all creative entities within the studio to piece it together as per a unified vision.

There's a reason why movies put the director at top billing. Because (s)he's the single individual most responsible for the outcome of the work.

Thanx

granted

Samurai vs Ninja had some really nice looking fight too

Jack and the Spartans was heavily inspired by Frank Miller's 300

I think i remember saying last night that Jack and Ashi would have kids that would be god tier perfect.

The whole show is inspired by Ronin

Hey were you on the Episode 8 Synopsis thread last night?

Here's some new hotness

>The great and detailed character design that is not a bunch of noodles and circles.

E X T R A T H I C C

spicy content my dude

Yes, but I can understand why despite it some people just plain don't like her. Though not to the "SHE'S RUINING THE WHOLE SHOW REEEE" sentiment some people have.

Look above you

If its the bitchiness, she's gotten over that imo

E X T R A T H I C C

See

She's also the stand in for the younger audience that didn't get to see the original show and does it well while still being her own character.

>Aku makes a shocking discovery about Ashi

ASHI IS PREGNANT WITH JACK'S CHILD!

Probably just that her life is bond to his or something like that.

Daughterfags just got BTFO

Now that's S P I C Y

>

I aim to please

>naked the whole time

>fifty years
N-no boner, no

Why do you think he's wide-eyed?

Cus that ass is E X T R A T H I C C

I'm never gonna get tired of this meme

what's that from? I can never remember

Its from here

anyone have a link to the original post?

>All this shilling

Ashi will bear Jack's child.

It should be in the archive

No. She plain old did not need to exist. And even the reason for why Jack wanted to save her from her indoctrination? It all amounted to "Muh erect dick!"

Seriously would Jack even be considerate is a young man came at him with blatantly hostility and violence. Because that's the central problem. Ashi was a violent murderous piece of shit. If it wasn't for her vagina she would have been killed like the others. The fact Jack killed her sisters and then spared Ashi herself? That was a fake out by Genndy that was not going to go all the way to kill off the Daughters of Aku.

Ashi's reformation was also stupid with that bug scene and then she randomly accepts at face value every word that comes out of Jack's mouth simply because he says so. The only good scenes from that awful episode is the criminal that was moving in to kill those innocent people. I won't credit the robot armor guy because he said the children were chipped into becoming violent while Ashi was not chipped.

Also Ashi was not needed to restore Jack's motivation to fight. The Scotsman is actively looking for Jack currently, why couldn't it be him? The only recurring character of the series and Jack's best friend? Also the Scotsman is a ghost so he could have gone one on one versus that samurai ghost, but nah let's have Ashi be the spark that helps Jack and then Jack beats a ghost with a regular sword. It makes killing off the Scotsman even more heinous and pointless.

All this to artificially make Ashi important. Genndy is a hack.

Forgot to mention. Ashi developed empathy and care for others.....so shouldn't she hate or be neutral to Jack because he killed her sisters? It hasn't been shown that Ashi's sisters were awful to her. So she shouldn't be Pro-Jack, much less be willing to have sex with him.

Everything about Ashi and how she's written is honestly wish-fulfillment trash.

Most of those complaints makes me wonder if you actually watched the season or if you're just repeating shit you read on Sup Forums.

Hive mind is strong with autism

yes and no
no because I agree that it's kind of rushed
yes because I think that the team has done the best they could with just 10 episodes
>the reason for why Jack wanted to save her
his reasoning for saving her is the exact reason he went out of his way to save other people from indoctrination or literal curses
he is a selfless person and has been for the entire series, so I don't think your criticism here (and reducing it to Jack wanting to get laid when he has shown zero romantic interest in Ashi up to this point) is valid
>Ashi was his enemy, why didn't Jack just kill her?
because Jack realized, as did most other Sup Forumsmrades here, that the daughters were only powerful as a single striking force. they had no coordination and didn't use teamwork. he just had to pick his space, pick them off one by one, and that was that. it was extremely common in past Samurai Jack episodes for Jack to face a difficult new foe, barely survive his first encounter, retreat, strategize, and then succeed. Jack knew that Ashi was no threat by herself and, as he stated clearly, he never encountered a human so well indoctrinated. Ashi was his first real project in saving people after a long time of not giving a shit, making her part of his redemption arc.
>Ashi's reformation
I agree that it was rushed, but with only 10 episodes and a lot of ground to cover I think that Genndy and the team did a good job of showing (not just telling) the viewers that Ashi realized she was just a pawn. even through her training she symbolically questioned her mother's wisdom by sneaking off and showing apprehension, meaning she was the blacksheep who had lingering doubts. you have to be pretty dense not to realize that.
>Ashi was not needed for the redemption arc
in multiple ways, Ashi represents rebirth. the Scotsman, an old and familiar face, does not.

It's only rushed die to the short episode list. Honestly id prefer short and rushed over long and drawn out. Think of season 5 as the Hellsing OVA

considering that Genndy originally wanted a feature-length film, a 10-episode miniseries is a godsend
I think that it's rushed, but Genndy & Co have been gentle and subtle enough to make it effective
also Scaramouche is fucking awesome

Thats why I'm viewing it like Hellsing Ultimate. Both are 10 part series that wont leave a bad taste in your mouth.

However the obvious Dickhead joke was missed,

I don't watch anime so any reference to anime will go over my head
I think people complaining about Scaramouche need to familiarize themselves with Genndy more, for fuck's sake did we all just forget about Dexter's Rude Removal?

Im well aware of Rude Removal. He also reminds me of the quirk from the secret squirrel short. Ya I'm that old.

Start a thread complaining about Ashi and within 5-10 posts someone will post it.

This one?

I'm a hardcore Jashi shipper. My gut is telling me they'll stay together and have kids at the end. Fun fact: my gut is 9 out of 10 times. Its only ever wrong on acts of stupidity

>And even the reason for why Jack wanted to save her from her indoctrination?
Jack has spent the entire series saving people from various foes and Aku-related bullshit.
>It all amounted to "Muh erect dick!"
Once she wasn't in danger he told her to fuck off but she refused.
>Seriously would Jack even be considerate is a young man came at him with blatantly hostility and violence.
Go back and watch the Da Samoorai
>Because that's the central problem. Ashi was a violent murderous piece of shit.
Knowing no other life than that of a murderous cult worshiping a dark god will do that to you.
>If it wasn't for her vagina she would have been killed like the others.
The others had vaginas and he threw fucking spears through their chests, what are you on about?
>The fact Jack killed her sisters and then spared Ashi herself?
One sister alone is not a threat. Jack only killed the first one because he thought she was a robot.
>Ashi's reformation was also stupid with that bug scene
Early love and wonderment of nature as a central part of her character was established from the beginning.
>randomly accepts at face value every word that comes out of Jack's mouth
He shows here example after example of Aku's devastation.
>Also Ashi was not needed to restore Jack's motivation to fight. The Scotsman is actively looking for Jack currently,
A young fresh face represents rebirth and hope for the future, a literal ghost does not.
>Also the Scotsman is a ghost so he could have gone one on one versus that samurai ghost
Sure, why not
>But nah let's have Ashi be the spark that helps Jack and then Jack beats a ghost with a regular sword. It makes killing off the Scotsman even more heinous and pointless.
Scotsman is still important in rallying the armies. Ghost Samurai is the antithesis of Ashi in every single way, she was the appropriate catalyst for his destruction
>All this to artificially make Ashi important.
By that logic Jack is artificially important too.

>Fun fact: my gut is 9 out of 10 times.

The Ghost Samurai was Death.

Gut instinct.

I was typing too quick!

Exactly. Ashi represents life and the renewal of nature. She's like a blade of grass shooting out of the ashes of a forest fire.

Motherfucker that shit is deep.

it's fucking cool

>Writting that doesn't talk down to their audience and actually challenge them.
>The drama is real, well done and mature

Okay look, Genndy is good at some things, but the first bullet here is not one of them, and the second is often hit-and-miss. Samurai Jack has always thrived on style and presentation, but at its bare bones it depends on cliches and corny, stilted early 2000s dialogue. The writing has never been a stand-out aspect of the series -- the direction, on the other hand, is masterful.

Well given its only a 10 episode final season, Genndy didnt have much leeway with writing.